E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Political Talk

Political Talk
You may discuss anything regarding politics in this forum ONLY. If you cannot respect others opinions, your access to this forum will be removed.

Old 06-22-2013, 05:33 PM   #1
JohnBlaze

My Ride: Black Sunshine
Obama destroyed & called a war criminal in Irish Parliament WOW MUST SEE

this ladies pissed

Old 06-22-2013, 05:48 PM   #2
JonJon
Tinfoilhatatarian

My Ride: .
Send a message via AIM to JonJon
If more people got this p!ssed, we could fix things

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'busa View Post
I agree with JonJon.
JonJon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 08:39 PM   #3
MDydinanM

My Ride: is a ///M
failed to see how Obama was "destroyed"

heavily criticized, yes, called a War criminal, yes but not "destroyed".
MDydinanM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 08:44 PM   #4
VaderDave
Invictus

My Ride: 330CiC ZHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by MDydinanM View Post
failed to see how Obama was "destroyed"

heavily criticized, yes, called a War criminal, yes but not "destroyed".
You obviously didn't see the follow-up story where Obama shrieked like a banshee before crumbling into ash and blowing away in the wind.
VaderDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 08:55 PM   #5
bimmerfan08

My Ride: Phoenix Yellow M3
Good good.
"Economics cannot answer such normative or prescriptive questions about how much of our market incomes, if any, should be transferred to poor families. This is a political question that can only be answered at the ballot box, or in some countries, at the point of a gun."
bimmerfan08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 09:19 PM   #6
MDydinanM

I find this lady's criticism and rhetoric a bit misplaced.

For example, she states "is Obama going for the hypocrite of the century award?...this man is a war criminal...he has just announced his decision to supply arms to the Syrian opposition, including the jihadists who are fueling the destabilization of the region...this is the man who has facilitated the 200% increase in the use of drones which have killed thousands of people including hundreds of children"

For starters, since 2004, Drone strikes have been estimated to have caused between 2021-3350 deaths in Pakistan alone. Of those deaths, it's been reported that 258 - 307 have been civilian deaths. That means roughly 9-12% have been civilian deaths. (source: http://natsec.newamerica.net/drones/pakistan/analysis) While this is unfortunate, it is a natural bi-product of war. And when compared to tradition methods such as carpet bombing like in Vietnam and World War II, Drone strikes are far more surgical and the better alternative when it comes to conducting a surgical strike, including the ability to provide surveillance of an area for an extended period of time - more so than a traditional fighter aircraft can.

Secondly, the US military/government goes through great lengths to prevent civilian/collateral damage when conducting a strike. Target verification and collateral damage assessments do occur, and strikes have to be approved. (source, Joby Warrick, book: Triple Agent)

Third, what should the US do? Put more boots on the ground, and in Pakistan and thereby putting more troops at risk in hard to reach remote areas such as the FATA areas of Pakistan? The Drone offers a cheaper solution, both in human and logistical cost. A drones capability extends US offensive power where ground troops cannot go due to no access and high risk. (source International Affairs Review, Georgetown University)

Fourth, civilian deaths/collateral damage reports from Pakistan have been exaggerated, as uncovered by an AP investigation. (source: http://www.military.com/cs/Satellite...yout&site=News)

Fifth, and finally, this lady criticizes Obama in what she perceives as Obama's decision in supplying jihadists in Syria with arms. Then she criticizes drone use. Does she not know that Drones are a platform used to go after jihadists and conduct surveillance on them in the Middle East? Strange. Sad how so much negative meaning is assigned to the term "Drone", as evidenced by her and others. What they don't realize is the usefulness of this tool, and how it actually mitigates civilian deaths/collateral damage. If they could only see the effects of what a 500-1000 lbs bomb could do as compared to a precision guided munition such as a Hellfire missile. I guess everyone is a critic and an arm-chair quarterback.

Last edited by MDydinanM; 06-22-2013 at 09:40 PM.
Old 06-23-2013, 01:54 AM   #7
evolved

My Ride: 2011 BMW 135i
Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerfan08 View Post
Good good.

Present
2011 BMW 135i - BSM
Past
2006 Mazdaspeed 6 GT, 2000 BMW 323ci, 2003 Evolution VIII, 1995 Nissan 240sx w/ SR20DET

E46Sig
evolved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 09:44 AM   #8
Lair
E46Fanatic

My Ride: 330ciC
This is huge.

A woman in a country with the GDP of Rhode Island criticized out president?

Damn. Obama may never recover form a blow like this.

Quote:
If you ever want to see what I mean by the arbitrariness of categories, check the situation of polarized politics. The next time a Martian visits earth, try to explain to him to why those who favor allowing capital punishment also oppose the elimination of a fetus in the mother's womb.
Congratulations.
Lair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 10:05 AM   #9
NOVAbimmer

My Ride: 14 Impala FXST M796
Obama destroyed & called a war criminal in Irish Parliament WOW MUST SEE

This is like when the court in Indonesia convicted President Bush of war crimes.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Old 06-23-2013, 11:09 AM   #10
rdsesq
ouroboros autorotica

My Ride: 2002 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOVAbimmer View Post
This is like when the court in Indonesia convicted President Bush of war crimes.
Not quite. This country to force an embargo of Guinness to the US. That would be serious.

quis custodiet ipsos custodes

Last edited by rdsesq; 06-23-2013 at 11:10 AM.
rdsesq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 11:12 AM   #11
NOVAbimmer

My Ride: 14 Impala FXST M796
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdsesq View Post
Not quite. This country to force an embargo of Guinness to the US. That would be serious.
we could always get Germany to refuse to send them hops, then nobody gets Guinness until we do.
Old 06-23-2013, 11:40 AM   #12
MDydinanM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOVAbimmer View Post

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Old 06-23-2013, 12:10 PM   #13
GlockMan

My Ride: Suburban LT 4x4
she seems more pissed at her govt to me.

Ranting about Panny plasmas, Canon cameras, Glocks, BlueNile, and HDMI cables on a BMW board since 2005.

2007 Chevy Suburban LT 4x4 with Nav/Bose/DVD/JL (works for me)
1968 Ford Mustang with Polk/ADS (my first car)

2007 Lexus GS350 with every option
2000 BMW DINAN M5
2001 BMW 330ci
GlockMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 10:57 PM   #14
Raymond42262

My Ride: Is German
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdsesq View Post
They could ban the emigration of leprechauns too.