E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > BMW Regional Forums > Regional Forums > Great Plains & Rocky Mountains

Great Plains & Rocky Mountains
Have you seen another BMW while driving around in your area? Maybe you can find their car in the E46Fanatics Garage!
CO IA KS MO MT ND NE SD WY

If you don't have your garage setup, sign up today HERE

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-03-2013, 05:29 PM   #1
M3girlie

My Ride: 2006 BMW S3-M3
Colorado members, advice needed!

Hi all!

My name is Tracy and I live in Arvada. I have had multiple M3's, but usually only post in the for sale ads. I just sold my 2003 M3 and bought a 2006 M3 with the full stage 3 Dinan package. I wanted to see if anyone had any recommendations on some good BMW shops, preferably a shop that is trusted on Dinan performance tuning type stuff.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	06m3b.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	91.6 KB
ID:	509034   Click image for larger version

Name:	06m3a.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	94.9 KB
ID:	509035  
M3girlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 06-03-2013, 05:51 PM   #2
PerkM3
Account Under Review

My Ride: 2004 SG M3 ESS-550
I just recently moved to CO as well so I'm anxious to see some recommendations.

Very nice ride BTW.
PerkM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 06:29 PM   #3
M3girlie

Thanks!! Yours looks awesome! I posted this up on two other forums, so I will let you know what they say too. I can't seem to find many Colorado members posting, so hopefully I'll get some responses. I would like to get a tuning shop to do some logging and make sure everything is running properly with the supercharger, etc and see if they think any adjustments need to be made due to the altitude difference (Bought the car in WA). But I really don't want anyone tweaking things on my car if they aren't trusted with M3's/Dinan M3's!!
Old 06-03-2013, 11:03 PM   #4
Cazz

My Ride: 2005 BMW M3
Since you are on the north side of town, you might look at BimmerHaus in Broomfield. They are a BMW only shop that does race car preparations, too.

The shop near me, Paddock Imports, is very good but it is probably a trek for you.
Cazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 09:57 PM   #5
terdwrassler

My Ride: 2002 330XI
I don't know who to recommend as I usually do everything myself but last summer I didn't have a garage and I tried Autosport Werks in Broomfield, never go there. They lied about OEM items being used yet still charged me for them. Avoid those guys at all costs..
terdwrassler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 09:49 AM   #6
tacomeat1

My Ride: '05 M3 Carbon Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cazz View Post
Since you are on the north side of town, you might look at BimmerHaus in Broomfield. They are a BMW only shop that does race car preparations, too.

The shop near me, Paddock Imports, is very good but it is probably a trek for you.
I found Bimmerhaus after some unspectacular experiences with other shops. Very friendly, honest, knowledgeable and fair pricing, I will not go anywhere else at this point. Not sure about their Dinan knowledge, but I know they have supercharger experience on the e46 M3.
Old 06-24-2013, 07:08 PM   #7
FCBuff

My Ride: 2006 M3 ZCP 2006 X5
SCR in Loveland. Good guys, honest, will treat you right.
FCBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 02:42 PM   #8
Dan1983

My Ride: 325i, CB M3
I would second SCR in Loveland. Bimmerhaus in Broomfield is good as well but for their prices you might as well go to the dealership.
Old 06-25-2013, 02:49 PM   #9
M3girlie

Thanks so much all! I called Bimmerhaus awhile back and they referred me to SCR since they don't do the tuning type stuff that I was looking for. When I spoke to SCR I thought they seemed really knowledgable on BMW and Dinan!! I have an appt this Friday to have them see what they will recommend since my car was tuned at sea level.
Old 06-26-2013, 05:03 PM   #10
Dan1983

My Ride: 325i, CB M3
I'll be there very early Friday to have some programming done but I'll probably be long gone before you arrive. Good luck with the tuning.
Old 06-26-2013, 06:33 PM   #11
M3girlie

Oh weird! Maybe I will see you. I think I'm supposed to be there around 9am.
Old 06-28-2013, 10:08 PM   #12
trj

My Ride: 325Ci
I have had good experience with the import mechanics in Downtown Denver.
Not sure if they do the tuning though.
Old 07-01-2013, 08:24 AM   #13
docwyte

My Ride: '89 944 Turbo
There's no tuning you can do to the Dinan kit. You run their software and that's it. To my knowledge none of the E46 M FI kits have specific altitude programming. My VF kit ran their "normal" tune and did quite well up here.

What issues (if any) are you having? Have you called Dinan yet?

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/signaturepics/sigpic14767_1.gif
docwyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 01:22 AM   #14
chanlon7

My Ride: 03' BMW 330xi
Murray BMW of Denver. Ask for for Billy in Service.
Old 07-31-2013, 11:57 AM   #15
EthirD

My Ride: '04 ZHP, '07 X5
I would not recommend German Auto Shoppe in Littleton. They absolutely butchered my S4 when I took it for a simple service (couldn't get a belt locally and they could turn it that day). They broke 3 of 4 grilles on the front end of the car, closed my hood before reconnecting the latch and took another full day to get it unlatched, and scratched the paint on my fender pulling the front end. Week or so later I was swapping bumper covers and found that they had failed to retorque 4 of 6 bolts that affix the bumper carrier to the frame rails - meaning I could have been in bad shape if I had been in an accident.

Credit to them, they made it right and replaced the parts they broke, but holy crap man! I take it in for a serpentine belt and you cause more problems than you solve!
EthirD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 12:48 AM   #16
tonywilson

My Ride: 1998 BMW M3
Really, black color is very sweetly for a car. I like too much black color thanks.
tonywilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 09:49 PM   #17
ColoRADo75

My Ride: 2003 E46 M3
Greetings!

New Front Range M3 owner here. Any recommendations for good suspension shop in the area? Already have been to Bimmer Haus, and need to get someone to take another look! Have some knocks and clunks developing with new Bilstein suspension installed by previous owner.
ColoRADo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 12:09 AM   #18
Evo Panda
My username makes no sense

My Ride: E46 328i, MK6 GTi
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoRADo75 View Post
Greetings!

New Front Range M3 owner here. Any recommendations for good suspension shop in the area? Already have been to Bimmer Haus, and need to get someone to take another look! Have some knocks and clunks developing with new Bilstein suspension installed by previous owner.
Autowerks CO. They're quite pricey but they never screw up and the work is some of the best and most professional I've ever seen. They're in Ken Caryl