E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > General Off-Topic

General Off-Topic
Everything not about BMWs. Posts must be "primetime" safe and in good taste. You must be logged in to see sub-forums.
Click here to browse all new posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-26-2013, 08:30 PM   #261
Zell
Registered User
 
Zell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Such City
Posts: 5,399
My Ride: '02 Dogemobile Shibe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xcelratr View Post
C]]



You guys are confusing pubescent and adult sexual orientation with gender identity. This kid's gender identity has nothing to do with sexual activity, sexual desires, or really anything to do with the way they relate to other people sexually.\
You've gotta admit that after puberty, we pretty much blend them together

And yes, that was a statement I pulled out of my ass.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Act of God View Post
Carbon dioxide is not a "chemical"
Quote:
Originally Posted by l0e3o7 View Post
Just keep your lil boy zell on a leash; a proud self proclaimed TROLL
Zell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 02:17 AM   #262
Xcelratr
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: So Cal - 310
Posts: 953
My Ride: 04 330Ci ZHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Act of God View Post
XX = female
XXX = super female
XY = male

Are you implying that all transgenders are born with opposite brains of their genitals? Challenge.
I'm asking you a simple question. If a person's hormonal development produces a body with male genitalia and a female brain, which gender are they?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sentaruu View Post
they are really confused.

they are biologically male. and that means, at least in my opinion. they should be in the male bathroom.
Why? What's the reason we want 6 y/o little girls going to the bathroom with other little girls and not other little boys?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zell View Post
You've gotta admit that after puberty, we pretty much blend them together

And yes, that was a statement I pulled out of my ass.
Absolutely when you're talking about people that are getting old enough to start establishing sexual feelings and relationships with other people, gender identity and sexual orientation become a big deal and there's a lot of interplay between them.

At 6 years old, gender identity has basically nothing to do with sexual preference or anything having to do with interpersonal relationships.
__________________
----------------------------------------------
What was the best thing before sliced bread?
----------------------------------------------

Last edited by Xcelratr; 06-27-2013 at 02:17 AM.
Xcelratr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 07:08 AM   #263
GasKing
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: East Coast
Posts: 601
My Ride: 14 Jeep Wrangler
School bans transgender first-grader from girls' bathroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLVR JDM View Post
Not any more. He is now an african american movie star and should be treated as such.
Your right. Mike Larry. You are now under arrest.


Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven747 View Post
v10 was awesome new m5 is just fast dosent have a soul just 2 easy to make hp turbos
GasKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 07:42 AM   #264
Green_Shine
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: North
Posts: 373
My Ride: Back seat riding
Quote:
Originally Posted by Act of God View Post
No 6 year old can make this kind of decision
One could argue that a 6 yr old cannot make that decision.. One can also argue a 6yr CANNOT make that decision thus the chemical imbalance is real. A 6yr with ulterior motives seems a stretch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xcelratr View Post
I'm asking you a simple question. If a person's hormonal development produces a body with male genitalia and a female brain, which gender are they?
Today, classification of Female and Male are determined by sexual reproductive organs, that person would use the male bathroom..IMHO the child should be using the bathroom which coincides with his/her reproductive organs.
__________________
Green_Shine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 08:22 AM   #265
SLVR JDM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Work
Posts: 1,519
My Ride: reclining rear seats
Society needs to make it simpler....

A bathroom for cock 'n balls
A bathroom for vag


/story
__________________


** Removed **
SLVR JDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 09:12 AM   #266
GasKing
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: East Coast
Posts: 601
My Ride: 14 Jeep Wrangler
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLVR JDM View Post
Society needs to make it simpler....

A bathroom for cock 'n balls
A bathroom for vag


/story
cock n' balls is asking for a lawsuit. What about people who lost there balls to cancer?
GasKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 09:18 AM   #267
Zell
Registered User
 
Zell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Such City
Posts: 5,399
My Ride: '02 Dogemobile Shibe
Quote:
Originally Posted by GasKing View Post
cock n' balls is asking for a lawsuit. What about people who lost there balls to cancer?
Cock and/or balls. Lawsuit: averted.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Act of God View Post
Carbon dioxide is not a "chemical"
Quote:
Originally Posted by l0e3o7 View Post
Just keep your lil boy zell on a leash; a proud self proclaimed TROLL
Zell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 11:37 AM   #268
Xcelratr
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: So Cal - 310
Posts: 953
My Ride: 04 330Ci ZHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green_Shine View Post
Today, classification of Female and Male are determined by sexual reproductive organs, that person would use the male bathroom..IMHO the child should be using the bathroom which coincides with his/her reproductive organs.
Why?
__________________
----------------------------------------------
What was the best thing before sliced bread?
----------------------------------------------
Xcelratr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 12:42 PM   #269
Lionelski
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 1,136
My Ride: 325CIc
"IMHO the child should be using the bathroom which coincides with his/her reproductive organs.

Why?"

Would you expose your penis to your 6 year old daughter? Would your wife expose herself to your 6 year old son?

Why? you ask? Because it is just wrong
__________________
'Ski
www.WarrenvilleRailroad.com
2001 325ci Convertible - Titanium Silver

Sport Package, Premium Package
Racing Dynamics Strut Tower Brace
Conforti Shark Injector, Conforti CAI
Interior: Leather, Euro Tray, M3 Dead Pedal
Lionelski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 01:18 PM   #270
Xcelratr
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: So Cal - 310
Posts: 953
My Ride: 04 330Ci ZHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lionelski View Post
"IMHO the child should be using the bathroom which coincides with his/her reproductive organs.

Why?"

Would you expose your penis to your 6 year old daughter? Would your wife expose herself to your 6 year old son?

Why? you ask? Because it is just wrong
If you're THAT sure about it, you should be able to give me a way better reason than "it's just wrong".

Would you expose your penis to your 6 y/o son? Would your wife expose her vulva to your 6 year old daughter? Are those instances OK, but cross-gender exposure isn't OK?

Parents take baths/showers with their kids all the time. Certainly it decreases/stops at a certain age (I don't know if that age is generally before or after 6 y/o) but at some point it's totally acceptable.
__________________
----------------------------------------------
What was the best thing before sliced bread?
----------------------------------------------
Xcelratr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 01:41 PM   #271
Act of God
E46Fanatic
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: NY
Posts: 333
My Ride: 3.5 Liters of fury
Send a message via AIM to Act of God
I honestly don't think it would be safe for HIM to use the boy's room either. I would worry about bullying, teasing or maybe even violence. This is such an isolated incident the staff bathroom should be fine and keep everyone safe and unoffended. Why do we run away from the simplest solutions?
__________________
Gold Medal Recipient: Jimmy Rustling (2014)
Act of God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 01:46 PM   #272
rdo1990
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: boston, mA
Posts: 226
My Ride: 2000 328i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xcelratr View Post
At 6 years old, gender identity has basically nothing to do with sexual preference or anything having to do with interpersonal relationships.
Hmmm... food for thought, if this child grows up and is attracted to women, is he/she lesbian or straight? If the child, finds interest in men, is he/she gay or straight? What ultimately dictates this?

Also, bathrooms have fixtures that align with their audience. Should society place urinals in female bathrooms to accommodate the minority that is this anomaly?
rdo1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 01:48 PM   #273
rdo1990
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: boston, mA
Posts: 226
My Ride: 2000 328i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Act of God View Post
I honestly don't think it would be safe for HIM to use the boy's room either. I would worry about bullying, teasing or maybe even violence. This is such an isolated incident the staff bathroom should be fine and keep everyone safe and unoffended. Why do we run away from the simplest solutions?
+1
Nurses' office bathroom should be the resolution. I always resorted to this when I wanted to conceal and unload big/fiery ones in high school.
rdo1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 01:53 PM   #274
Green_Shine
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: North
Posts: 373
My Ride: Back seat riding
School bans transgender first-grader from girls' bathroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xcelratr View Post
Why?
I answered that very question in the same quote you questioned..

In the US, we have male and female bathrooms. Currently, to define male or female gender, the sexual reproductive organ is used as the indicator of such. /thread

Discuss "what ifs" all you want. Until the bathrooms are unisex or how we define "male" or "female" is altered, we must adhere to the current standards.


Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
__________________
Green_Shine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 01:59 PM   #275
Act of God
E46Fanatic
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: NY
Posts: 333
My Ride: 3.5 Liters of fury
Send a message via AIM to Act of God
If the bathrooms are unisex we'll never look at women the same again
__________________
Gold Medal Recipient: Jimmy Rustling (2014)
Act of God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 02:03 PM   #276
SLVR JDM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Work
Posts: 1,519
My Ride: reclining rear seats
This kid is going to be all set when it comes to attending Ladies Night at college bars. Genius.
__________________


** Removed **
SLVR JDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 03:25 PM   #277
Raymond42262
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: The South
Posts: 456
My Ride: Is German
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lionelski View Post
This child is too young to decide that he is transgendered. He has no clue at that age from male or female.

His parents are nuts and should be arrested for steering him in this manner. This is child abuse.
Just IMHO



Quote:
Originally Posted by Xcelratr View Post
FWIW, I do agree with a lot of what you say. I would like us to dedicate more resources to extra-judicial treatment, therapy, support, etc for people whose mental make-up makes it difficult for them to adhere to social norms. But there's always going to be the issue of people that don't want "help" and the degree to which we want to force them to accept it. But that's an entirely different discussion.


I think that a good person can be reformed if he wants to live a straight life.

But some people are evil and just don't give a damn. I think part of the reason we have so many in prison is because we have so many 'mulligans'. No one wants to put a juvenile in jail and whenever someone does something wrong they put them on probation, which has a 50 percent failure rate nationwide. Prisoners know that they can rob 50 houses before they get caught robbing one and only get probation. The same is true for drug traffickers and prostitutes etc....... If they put people on probation the first time and then jail the second time, future criminals might think twice before they commit a crime. The risk / reward factor would not be as high.



You guys are confusing pubescent and adult sexual orientation with gender identity. This kid's gender identity has nothing to do with sexual activity, sexual desires, or really anything to do with the way they relate to other people sexually.



What is going to happen when he is 12 years old and gets erections in the girl's bathroom ? *When he goes to Middle School will he shower with girls or boys ? *


'
A 4 year old girl acts like a girl, which is very different from the way a 4 year old boy acts. Their behavior is gender-specific, driven by the differences in their brains IN ADDITION to the way they're treated by the people around them. It has NOTHING to do with their sexual orientation, or who they're eventually going to be sexually attracted to.

At age 6, it IS about gender identity. And you're right, the kid is too young to make a bunch of conscious, reasoned choices about it. Which just increases the argument that the kid was born with male sexual organs but a female or female-inclined brain. And if that's the case, you calling this child abuse or blaming the parents is beyond ridiculous.

Unless the parents steered him in this direction.

Someone needs to tell this kid he has a penis and not a vagina and he plays with GI Joes not Barbies and he rides Big Wheels not My Little Pony.

I wonder if his orientation is genuine or if it is an attempt by his parents to get attention ?



No. Smelling salts release a noxious vapor. When someone inhales the vapor into their nose, the shock of the vapor hitting their mucous membranes is a little like an electric shock. If they're drowsy or semi-conscious, they snap fully awake, breathe faster, heart rate speeds up, etc.


You've probably seen smelling salts being used (either in movies or IRL) on boxers that have been hit in the head a few too many times during a fight. They wave the tube under the boxers nose and as soon as the vapors get into his nose, he snaps "awake" more than he was before.

They're not used much anymore, because the general thought now is if someone is unconscious or semi-conscious, they're that way for a reason and it's best to let the body resume consciousness on it's own.

I am familiar with ammonia capsules. If you have ever tried one, you won't forget the experience. They will clear your sinuses instantly

I could have been clearer, but I have seen old movies from the late 1800's to early 1900's and sometimes the characters have a silver locket or capsule and they sniff a white powder. I remember them being referenced as smelling salts.

I have always wondered if that was cocaine. It was legal to use back then.
__________________
"The grand essentials to happiness in this life are something to do, someone to love, and something to hope for."....Joseph Addison
--------------------

Last edited by Raymond42262; 06-27-2013 at 03:40 PM.
Raymond42262 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 04:10 PM   #278
Xcelratr
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: So Cal - 310
Posts: 953
My Ride: 04 330Ci ZHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymond42262 View Post


I think that a good person can be reformed if he wants to live a straight life.

But some people are evil and just don't give a damn. I think part of the reason we have so many in prison is because we have so many 'mulligans'. No one wants to put a juvenile in jail and whenever someone does something wrong they put them on probation, which has a 50 percent failure rate nationwide. Prisoners know that they can rob 50 houses before they get caught robbing one and only get probation. The same is true for drug traffickers and prostitutes etc....... If they put people on probation the first time and then jail the second time, future criminals might think twice before they commit a crime. The risk / reward factor would not be as high.
So the solution to so many people in prison is to be quicker to put people in prison? LOL

All kidding aside, I get what you're saying, that if we're tougher on criminals up front, then we'll do a better job of discouraging criminal behavior. And I realize that sounds effective. But a lot of criminal acts aren't that well reasoned.

The fundamental question is how do we lessen the % of the population that wants and/or needs to commit crimes, while at the same time decreasing our tolerance for the behavior when they DO commit them?

And what do we do with the lifelong criminal? Whether it's drugs, or prostitution, or theft, or violent crimes, or just always being in some kind of trouble?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymond42262 View Post
What is going to happen when he is 12 years old and gets erections in the girl's bathroom ? *When he goes to Middle School will he shower with girls or boys ? *
That would be a valid question if he was 12. That's getting into the age where sexual variables (as opposed to just gender) are starting to factor into most kid's interpersonal relationships.

But at age 6, what is going to happen in a mixed-genitals bathroom that we're so worried about?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymond42262 View Post
Unless the parents steered him in this direction.

Someone needs to tell this kid he has a penis and not a vagina and he plays with GI Joes not Barbies and he rides Big Wheels not My Little Pony.

I wonder if his orientation is genuine or if it is an attempt by his parents to get attention ?
You don't know what actions his parents have or have not taken. You don't know if they've tried, and to what degree they've tried to get him to "act like a boy". You don't know if they've already tried to get him to GI Joe and Big Wheels his way through life.

And yet, you're willing to condemn the parents as abusers or attention whores. And without consideration for the situation this child is possibility in, you want to apply a rigid, hardline stance based on what YOU are comfortable with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymond42262 View Post
I am familiar with ammonia capsules. If you have ever tried one, you won't forget the experience. They will clear your sinuses instantly

I could have been clearer, but I have seen old movies from the late 1800's to early 1900's and sometimes the characters have a silver locket or capsule and they sniff a white powder. I remember them being referenced as smelling salts.

I have always wondered if that was cocaine. It was legal to use back then.
You're thinking of snuff: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snuff
__________________
----------------------------------------------
What was the best thing before sliced bread?
----------------------------------------------
Xcelratr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 05:48 PM   #279
Sentaruu
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: NY
Posts: 844
My Ride: Xterra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xcelratr View Post

Why? What's the reason we want 6 y/o little girls going to the bathroom with other little girls and not other little boys?

I really don't have a problem with girls being in the same bathroom as boys, so long as all of the bathrooms are co-ed. but, most bathrooms that aren't single occupancy tend to be separated by sex(even most single occupancy ones are separated by sex as well). but say biological males who identify as "females" were allowed to use the female rest rooms, cool that's fine, but what is stopping a biological male with no gender identity issues from using the female facilities? if its acceptable for one biological male to use the ladies room, its acceptable for all males to use the ladies room, and vice versa

however, there are many people who would feel uncomfortable having to go to the bathroom right next to a person of the opposite sex. then there are the increased possibilities of sexual abuse. if you think back to school bathrooms, there were usually a variety of different age groups with different sexual maturity levels. it would be very easy for an upperclassman to take advantage of a lowerclassman in that sort of situation.

you seem to be looking at male and female in terms of psychology. while I, in this case, am looking at it from more of an anatomy point of view. and I'm not saying I am right, it's just my opinion.
__________________
Sentaruu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 06:01 PM   #280
Raymond42262
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: The South
Posts: 456
My Ride: Is German
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xcelratr View Post
So the solution to so many people in prison is to be quicker to put people in prison? LOL

All kidding aside, I get what you're saying, that if we're tougher on criminals up front, then we'll do a better job of discouraging criminal behavior. And I realize that sounds effective. But a lot of criminal acts aren't that well reasoned.

The fundamental question is how do we lessen the % of the population that wants and/or needs to commit crimes, while at the same time decreasing our tolerance for the behavior when they DO commit them?




The greatest path to crime is poverty and a single parent home. They are often associated with crime. Until we can instill greater responsibility into individuals and families nothing is going to change. until people realize that children need a father in the home and not a 'baby's daddy' and graduating high school is a necessary requirement to adulthood and not an option.

45 percent of all black kids do not graduate high school, It is about 15 percent for whites.

20 percent of all white children are born out of wedlock and it is 7/10 for blacks and 8/10 black children live in single parent homes.

These lifestyles are a breeding ground for fostering anti social behavior.

Until people start becoming more responsible with their children at home , nothing is going to change on the streets.





And what do we do with the lifelong criminal? Whether it's drugs, or prostitution, or theft, or violent crimes, or just always being in some kind of trouble?



That would be a valid question if he was 12. That's getting into the age where sexual variables (as opposed to just gender) are starting to factor into most kid's interpersonal relationships.

But at age 6, what is going to happen in a mixed-genitals bathroom that we're so worried about?


Nothing, but you are imprinting the idea to this kid that he is a girl. If he dresses like a girl and pees like one........what is going to happen when he is 12 and starts going to the boys bathroom and showers with them ? He is going to get beat up and often.

This is political correctness gone wrong.


You don't know what actions his parents have or have not taken. You don't know if they've tried, and to what degree they've tried to get him to "act like a boy". You don't know if they've already tried to get him to GI Joe and Big Wheels his way through life.

And yet, you're willing to condemn the parents as abusers or attention whores. And without consideration for the situation this child is possibility in, you want to apply a rigid, hardline stance based on what YOU are comfortable with.



You're thinking of snuff: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snuff
I am only throwing out some ideas, based on previous experiences.
Not accusing anyone of anything.
But their family should be investigated by CPS.
And if the kid has to visit the CPS office, I hope he goes riding a John Deere pedal tractor instead of a Barbie car.
__________________
"The grand essentials to happiness in this life are something to do, someone to love, and something to hope for."....Joseph Addison
--------------------
Raymond42262 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Censor is ON





All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:34 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use