E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > The Showroom

The Showroom
This is the place to show off your BMW to other members of the community. Post pictures and videos of your car and the modifications you have done to it. If you need a picture of something on a coupe, sedan, convertible or touring you will probably find it here!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 126 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 10-18-2012, 09:50 PM   #321
Don Nguyen
Regional Sponsor

My Ride: Euro
Send a message via AIM to Don Nguyen
Quote:
Originally Posted by 98bimmer View Post
How much should one to pay to vinyl wrap their window trim and pillars?
Honestly, it's going to be a big range. You can only really call around to see what people are charging in your area to get an idea.

-Don
Don Nguyen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 11:39 AM   #322
Don Nguyen
Regional Sponsor

Had this blue Subaru STI hatchback / wagon come by to have me wrap the roof of his car in my gloss black vinyl material. I had also done his brother's Subaru's roof, but in the 3M dinoc matte carbon fiber, a couple of years earlier. The owner of this car was from around Westminster or so and drove out to me in Anaheim Hills / Orange County to get the work done. Subarus are one of the cars that I think can pull off a matte black roof look, but I think that gloss black on this car and color turned out fairly nice.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Old 11-07-2012, 11:23 PM   #323
Don Nguyen
Regional Sponsor

This is the first bug I have done. The owner of this new body silver VW Bug came by to have me vinyl wrap the roof of his car with my gloss black material. He drove out from Los Angeles to me in Orange County / Anaheim Hills to get the work done. Unlike most roofs, the roof of this VW Bug had two separate sections that had to be wrapped. Overall, I think the black roof really made this rather normal/regular looking VW Bug a bit sportier.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Old 12-27-2012, 12:21 PM   #324
Don Nguyen
Regional Sponsor

I typically do a lot of newer / brand new cars, but that doesn't mean I don't work on older cars as well. Here is a white Mercedes E500 that came by to have me vinyl wrap the roof of his car with my gloss black material. I had also tinted his lights previously, which you can also see in the pictures. The owner of this car drove from south Orange County to me in Anaheim Hills to get the work done. The black roof really gives the car a new updated look without going overboard in my opinion.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Old 01-22-2013, 04:38 PM   #325
Don Nguyen
Regional Sponsor

Had the owner of this gray / silver E46 330i coupe come by to have me vinyl wrap the roof of their car. The owner opted to have me do only the center roof section and not the roof rails. I was able to wrap around the antenna without any issues, just like any of the other cars that also have antennas that I have done. For this car, we went with my gloss black vinyl material. The gloss black gives it a nice clean factory look. The owner of this car drove out to me in Orange County / Anaheim Hills to have the work done.

Before:

After:

-Don

donathon@gmail.com
Old 02-03-2013, 12:22 PM   #326
Don Nguyen
Regional Sponsor

I had this brand new white BMW F30 335i sedan come by to have me vinyl wrap their car's roof in my gloss black vinyl material. I think this is the first mod that the owner of this car did. Just goes to show that getting a black roof done looks good by itself or as finishing touches to a car that already has other modifications done to it. I believe the owner of this car was around Orange County as well and drove out to me in Anaheim Hills to get the work done. We went with gloss black on this car to match his already factory gloss black mirrors and window trim pieces.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com

Last edited by Don Nguyen; 02-03-2013 at 12:22 PM.
Old 02-28-2013, 10:53 AM   #327
Don Nguyen
Regional Sponsor

Starting to get more of the new BMW 3 series F30 bodies come in like this white 328 sedan. I vinyl wrapped the roof on this car in my gloss black vinyl material. This car was pretty interesting because it did not have a sunroof, which most newer cars always comes with. Turned out nice. Mirrors were already black from the factory as well as the shadowline window trim on the car. The owner of the car drove out to me in Orange County / Anaheim Hills to get the work done.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Old 05-29-2013, 08:47 PM   #328
Don Nguyen
Regional Sponsor

Just as a side note for those who are keeping track or paying attention when my next Norcal trip is going to be. I am probably going to be going back up there in about 4-6 weeks. When I have an exact date down, I'll make a dedicated thread for it for those who are interested to sign up.

The owner of this silver BMW E39 540i sedan came by to have me vinyl wrap the roof of his car with my gloss black vinyl material. We went with gloss black over matte black for his car. Overall, it went very well with the look and styling of his car fairly well.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com

Last edited by Don Nguyen; 05-29-2013 at 10:58 PM.
Old 06-08-2013, 03:08 PM   #329
Don Nguyen
Regional Sponsor

Here is an example of a stock white Mercedes Benz C300 sedan that came in to have me vinyl their roof in my gloss black vinyl material. Even though the owner of this car was going to leave his car relatively stock, the black roof was still a nice addition to the car, which gave it an OEM+ look. The owner of this car drove out to me in Orange County / Anaheim Hills to get the vinyl work done. The only thing I would have suggested him to also get done was to black out the chrome window trim around the doors and the chrome trunk handle piece in the back. That would have really set the car off fairly nicely.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Old 06-18-2013, 02:11 PM   #330
Don Nguyen
Regional Sponsor

The owner of this brand new white VW TDI wagon brought his car by to have me lightly tint / smoke the tail lights and third brake light on his car. I took some pictures from side to side, showing how the tint looks like in directly sunlight and in some shade. As you can see, it's fairly dynamic and changes depending on the lighting. I haven't had anyone have any issues with this shade though, as far as light output or having any issues with law authorities though, so that is a plus. The owner of this car I believe was from around Pasadena and drove out to me in Anaheim Hills / Orange County to get the work done.

Before:

During (driver/left side tinted, passenger/right side stock) -

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Old 06-20-2013, 12:29 PM   #331
Don Nguyen
Regional Sponsor

Last edited by Don Nguyen; 06-20-2013 at 12:30 PM.
Old 06-29-2013, 03:51 PM   #332
Don Nguyen
Regional Sponsor

I have had a lot of people ask me how vinyl looks when covered over damaged paint or paint with clear coat failure. Here is the best example I could find at the moment in my picture data base. The owner of this blue Honda Civic coupe had me vinyl wrap the roof of their car with my gloss black vinyl material. As you can see in the before pictures, you can see that basically the entire roof was having clear coat failure. It is somewhat hard to see in the after pictures versus how it looks like in person. However, in one of the pictures I put a red box around the area that you can see how the uneveness resulting from the clear coat failure does show through the vinyl a bit still. Even though this is not a perfect solution to peeling/failing paint, it is still better than what was there before and will prevent further paint damage from the sun, etc.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Old 07-12-2013, 01:09 PM   #333
Don Nguyen
Regional Sponsor

I will be back up in San Jose / Norcal / Bay Area doing vinyl wrapping some vinyl wrapping again, between July 22nd and July 26th.

Here are links to threads from my last couple of norcal trips:
1 - http://f10.5post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=715929
2 -http://f10.5post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=725796

Just a reminder. E-mail (donathon@gmail.com) me to schedule/reserve your appointment slots. Everything is a first come first serve basis. I may have an available time slot one minute and it may be taken the next (this has happened before), so the sooner you can figure out your availability and confirm it with me the better. People who e-mailed me in the past get priority, so if we can't schedule something for you this time, still e-mail me and I will keep you on my priority contact list for the next time I make a trip up to norcal / Bay Area.

Here are links to pictures of some of the things that I can do, separated a bit to help you view them easier. I am not limited to only what's seen/shown below. So feel free to ask if there is something you don't see but are interested in getting done.

Gloss / matte black roof wraps - http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...705158&page=16
3M Di - Noc / 1080 carbon fiber roof wraps - http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...704966&page=13
Blacked out window trim - http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...=734930&page=5
Smoked / tinted tail light pictures - http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...=705594&page=7

Days that I have available at the moment (I will keep this updated as spots fill up):

Monday - July 22
Tuesday - July 23
Wednesday - July 24
Thursday - July 25
Friday - July 26

thanks.

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Old 07-18-2013, 11:57 AM   #334
Don Nguyen
Regional Sponsor

Had some people ask for pictures of the matte black finish on a car. This is a good example of both matte black on the roof of a car and also me tinting the tail lights on this white Subaru WRX hatchback red. I know most people are used to seeing me tint / smoke the tail lights, but I also do have transparent film that I can use to apply to headlights, tail lights, and even yellow for fog lights as well. I will be bringing all of this with me when I come up to Norcal/bay area/san jose for those who are interested in getting it done.

Before:

After:

Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Old 09-10-2013, 01:44 PM   #335
Don Nguyen
Regional Sponsor

For this white Lexus IS250, the owner wanted to have me black out the roof of his car with my gloss black vinyl material. We went with the gloss black to give it that panoramic/glass look. The gloss black roof went well with the other black pieces that were on the car (black inserts/accents on the side skirts and roof spoiler, which was only taken off for the install). The only other thing I could have possibly suggested to doing to this car is also blacking out the chrome around the window trim area. However, that comes down to a preference thing and some people prefer having/leaving it chrome, but I like the blacked out look for the chrome since it gives the car a much sportier look. The owner of this car came out to me in Orange County/Anaheim Hills to get the work done.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Old 09-16-2013, 12:01 PM   #336
Don Nguyen
Regional Sponsor

This brand new white F30 335i sedan came in to have me vinyl wrap the roof of his car with my gloss black vinyl material. He also wanted me to black out the lower sides of his front bumper, where splitters would typically go, with the same finish. He drove out to me in Orange County/Anaheim Hills to have the work done.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Old 09-16-2013, 12:40 PM   #337
Eric W

My Ride: 02 AA M3, 02 325ci
I'm about to wrap my E46 roof myself but I am very concerned about attempting to wrap the rain rail trim pieces, I'm pretty sure I can handle the roof / sunroof area but the side rain rail pieces are just going to be impossible? any advice
Eric W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 12:49 PM   #338
Don Nguyen
Regional Sponsor

You might see me post a lot of white cars, followed by black cars, but I also do get cars that are other than black and white that come by to get work done as well. I thought the gloss black roof for this red Infiniti G35 coupe turned out very well. The gloss black roof went well with the black/dark colored rims that were already on the car, which was the look that the owner of this car was trying to go for. He drove out to me in Anaheim Hills/Orange County to have the work done.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Old 10-09-2013, 12:26 PM   #339
Don Nguyen
Regional Sponsor

The owner of this white VW CC sedan had me vinyl wrap the roof of his car with my gloss black vinyl material. The car was brand new, and the owner wanted to give it that panoramic and two tone look. The car did not have a sunroof, so the black roof was seamless up top, which gave it a very nice large mirror effect and smooth look. I took some up close pictures of the edges to show you how I am able to cut the edges/lines straight even on cars that do not have roof rails (IE BMWs, Mercedes, etc).

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Old 10-18-2013, 11:36 AM   #340
Don Nguyen
Regional Sponsor

For this white Mercedes Benz C300 with my gloss black vinyl material. In addition to the roof being done, I also blacked out the chrome/brushed aluminum window trim and rear trunk bar on his car with my matte black vinyl material. The owner of this car drove out to me in Anaheim Hills/Orange County to have the work done. It's kind of hard to tell that the trim is matte in the pictures, but these pictures are for those who want to see what a gloss black roof and matte window trim looks like.

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com