E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > ///M3 Forum

///M3 Forum
The BMW E46 ///M3 is the M version E46 and puts out an amazing 333 HP and 262 lb-ft of torque at stock specs! There are an amazing amount of modifications for both the coupe and convertible models so read up and get started modifying your cars today!

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 1.00 average. Display Modes
Old 06-25-2013, 06:42 PM   #41
HallisterJ1

My Ride: 2001 325i, 2003 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex323Ci View Post
Hahah give me until tomorrow, sorry, the cars been getting registered/smogged/new tires and the past owner agreed to do all the boring annoying stuff for me. This week has been a busy week for the M.

Tock172 saw the vehicle a week ago and can validate the Dinan parts for now, but I'll be on here tomorrow once I have the vehicle again!
Old 06-30-2013, 01:45 PM   #42
Alex323Ci

My Ride: M3 & 323Ci (sold)
and waiting.....
Old 07-08-2013, 03:14 AM   #43
Alex323Ci

got bored so i enlarged the street sign and used good old Google Maps. hope you don't mind me posting it on the street.

yikes, yes this car's paint is beat, like really BEAT. and it has a sunroof, what gives you said it didn't before??

http://goo.gl/maps/YMgBk
Old 07-08-2013, 07:45 AM   #44
choxor

My Ride: JDM
It might just be the light, but it looks like the rear of the car starting right after the door is darker. I assume the front 3/4 of the car was repainted and its clear is deteriorating.

Definitely needs a complete respray.
Old 07-08-2013, 09:13 AM   #45
hinds90

My Ride: E46
I purchased a silver 02 m3 from the auction had damage to the rear for 7200$. I put probably 2000$ into fixing it and just sold it for 12000$. It took a while because most people are scared of salvage titles but the first person who actually came to look at and drive the car left with it.

There's definitely money to be had just takes time.
Old 07-08-2013, 12:33 PM   #46
helmutm3

My Ride: 04 m3
Quote:
got bored so i enlarged the street sign and used good old Google Maps. hope you don't mind me posting it on the street.

yikes, yes this car's paint is beat, like really BEAT. and it has a sunroof, what gives you said it didn't before??

That's why it's impossible to get pics from the OP kind of hard to explain why there is a sunroof all of a sudden hehehe
Old 07-08-2013, 02:44 PM   #47
Mango
A full five stars, son

My Ride: M54B30
Quote:

Also no wonder why theres no pics of the front. OP did you buy this for 14k cash? or 4k loan??

OVER A MILLION VIEWS

Last edited by Mango; 07-08-2013 at 05:10 PM.
Old 07-08-2013, 05:18 PM   #48
Mango
A full five stars, son

My Ride: M54B30
Quote:
Originally Posted by HallisterJ1 View Post
just keep the recommendations and suggestions coming!
Yes - get a full paint job!!

Quote:
PS, ever wondered what the heat will do to a roundel after 3 years?
Nope. Google Maps delivers.

Quote:
the PPI I had done at BMW said they saw no sign of a faulty or salvage title
Tricky language. "They saw no sign of salvage title" doesn't mean there is no salvage title.

Quote:
...it was handled to OEM perfection, she spared no expense
Hmm I dunno about that.

Not sure why the OP is not telling the truth about this car. I feel for the poor buyer (if there's ever one) that won't know the truth about this car. Someone should fetch the vin # and post it up so Google can return this thread as associated with the vin#. I hope OP himself wasn't scammed.

OVER A MILLION VIEWS
Old 07-08-2013, 07:32 PM   #49
Alex323Ci

Quote:
I'll be honest, it's a salvage title, it was hit from the front left of the vehicle - I saw the fix report/documents on the vehicle and they proved to be solid good OEM work by a very well known local auto shop, this lady spared no expense whatsoever.
..if she didn't say it was as salvage title I would have ultimately assumed it was clean.
Yes I know a salvage title depreciates from the cars value, that's why I can't emphasize the price I purchased it for. I bought it for $8,000, engine and frame is pristine, I did a PPI at BMW of El Cajon and while they stated salvage will take the value from the car considerably, the inspector urged me to low ball..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mango View Post
Also no wonder why theres no pics of the front. OP did you buy this for 14k cash? or 4k loan??
well to be fair he did say he paid $8,000 for it and knew it was salvaged.

you can tell it had a major front end replacement like he stated. notice the headlight insert trim.."silver". M3s come in black, so those likely were replaced in the accident.

but yes i have a hard time seeing it like this and accepting the Owner "spared no expense to fix it" or that is was repaired/repainted to "OEM" quality.

but this is just my humble opinion based on what i can see in the limited photo disclosures.

Last edited by Alex323Ci; 07-08-2013 at 07:34 PM.
Old 07-11-2013, 07:15 PM   #50
wildirish317

My Ride: 2004 325Ci vert
I'm willing to bet, after you've had it for a while, you'll fall in love with it and never dream of selling it. Nice car! Congrats on deal!

I would suggest you bring it back to show room condition, then think about mods. Have fun. Have a lot of fun!

“The test of the machine is the satisfaction it gives you. There isn't any other test. If the machine produces tranquility it's right. If it disturbs you it's wrong until either the machine or your mind is changed.”

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Miller
I just don't know what I'd do with 560 hp that doesn't involve getting arrested.
Old 08-24-2013, 03:06 AM   #51
InlandEmpire325Guy

My Ride: 325 '01
What happened to op? Wonder why the pics in his sig are so tiny and of the rear only??

-Tony
Old 08-24-2013, 04:31 AM   #52
hadokenny

My Ride: rice rocket
Quote:
At the price I got it for, it would take me around 10k to lose any chance of a profit, I see these M3's with 80-90k on CL/Autotrader/Lots go for 25k, and to the right BMW enthusiast the Dinan package is extremely rare and valuable, to the general public the package would have to be ignored.

lol
Old 08-24-2013, 07:32 AM   #53
HallisterJ1

I took a move to the M3forums! The hoods fading really bad, I'm waiting on a forum member to get some free time to remove and sell me his.

Here are some more pics! The first one is the hood completely destroyed the first day I contacted the owner, hood remains the same. The rest are just some shots I took from a local beach. The paint else where is in great condition, I haven't even clayed it yet.

Since I've bought the car near a month ago I've done a full inspection 2 myself, except for the valve adjustments, I didn't do that - paid a shop. Detailed in and out, and installed a genuine Aux through the middle console box. New tires, alignment, new badges hood/trunk and M3 genuine - doing great mechanically!

I'm currently at 60k, plan on selling the car at 65k after I've slapped some cosmetic finishes on the car.

I've had a lot of interesting conversations already with this car, lots of enthusiasts stop me. I've had three straight offers on the car, very happy with it! I haven't driven my DD since I bought the M3 hahah.

Last edited by HallisterJ1; 08-24-2013 at 07:34 AM.
Old 08-24-2013, 11:26 AM   #54
Alroy

My Ride: 2003 M3 SMG CWPkg.
Does that license plate frame read "AMG"?
Old 08-24-2013, 11:36 AM   #55
HallisterJ1

AMG Motorsports, that's the dealerships name the second owner bought it from.

It's probably the worst dealership name for an M vehicle.
Old 08-26-2013, 05:17 PM   #56
braymond141

My Ride: 96 M3, 98 M3, 01 M5
I'm all for flipping cars for profit, but you're looking for a buyer with coke bottle glasses thicker than yours. In no way were any paint repairs done right and that interior is exactly how I thought it would be... sun damaged trashed. You'll make some money, but this is no gem.

You'd maximize your dollar by;
-Stop talking about it online and your goals to make $10k (not going to happen)
-Parting out the Dinan modifications and replacing with stock (probably $1k extra by doing that, not sure what all it has though)
-Stop wasitng your time buying another hood; you should of had the bumper, hood, fenders repainted and blended
-Realizing a 60k mile sun damaged salvaged SMG M3 isn't worth that much

Prices go up for pristine examples. Just because EAG can fetch a premium or some select forum members, doesn't mean your garbage (aesthetically maybe more?) M3 can do the same.

Last edited by braymond141; 08-26-2013 at 05:18 PM.
Old 08-26-2013, 05:57 PM   #57
HallisterJ1

Quote:
Originally Posted by braymond141 View Post
I'm all for flipping cars for profit, but you're looking for a buyer with coke bottle glasses thicker than yours. In no way were any paint repairs done right and that interior is exactly how I thought it would be... sun damaged trashed. You'll make some money, but this is no gem.

You'd maximize your dollar by;
-Stop talking about it online and your goals to make $10k (not going to happen)
-Parting out the Dinan modifications and replacing with stock (probably $1k extra by doing that, not sure what all it has though)
-Stop wasitng your time buying another hood; you should of had the bumper, hood, fenders repainted and blended
-Realizing a 60k mile sun damaged salvaged SMG M3 isn't worth that much

Prices go up for pristine examples. Just because EAG can fetch a premium or some select forum members, doesn't mean your garbage (aesthetically maybe more?) M3 can do the same.
Appreciate the positive criticism, I've secured a couple potential buyers. I'm selling it soon after it looks pretty. You are right though in some of your arguments! I'm waiting on better offers, been getting low 20's. All the Dinan stuff stays.
Old 08-26-2013, 07:39 PM   #58
helmutm3

My Ride: 04 m3
Quote:
Appreciate the positive criticism, I've secured a couple potential buyers. I'm selling it soon after it looks pretty. You are right though in some of your arguments! I'm waiting on better offers, been getting low 20's. All the Dinan stuff stays.

For a low 20s offer you should also throw in your 3 series dd. If that was the case I should expect 40k for my car since its mint with same mileage and zero accidents.
Old 08-26-2013, 08:18 PM   #59
jclip

My Ride: 06 m3, 01 325
I would be absolutely SHOCKED if someone were to pay anywhere near the $20k mark for a salvage title, SMG M3. Good luck with your sale, OP
Old 08-26-2013, 09:38 PM   #60
TiAgXi

My Ride: e46xi, e46m
Quote:
PS, ever wondered what the heat will do to a roundel after 3 years?
WTF? That's not sunlight damage. That's fire damage. I wouldn't buy your car for any amount. Sorry.
Closed Thread