E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Gun Talk

Gun Talk
Are you a gun fanatic as well? If so, you'll want to talk to other owners about what you own in this forum.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 06-27-2013, 04:46 PM   #21
NFRs2000nyc
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: NYC/NJ
Posts: 919
My Ride: 2003 FormulaRedS2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Act of God View Post
I'm (originally)from Dutchess County and I have the pistol permit application sitting right at my desk. I never got around to it because it was unduly burdensome, requiring 3 recommendations from people within the county all made within 30-60 days of each other. Being that I live downstate (even though I technically own a home in Dutchess) it just would have been too much of a PITA and I'd have to drive through the Bronx and Queens to get home...which means I'd have to jump through 100 more hoops in case I got pulled over.

You win, big government. You win.
__________________
NFRs2000nyc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 06:52 PM   #22
Sentaruu
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: NY
Posts: 848
My Ride: Xterra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Act of God View Post
I'm (originally)from Dutchess County and I have the pistol permit application sitting right at my desk. I never got around to it because it was unduly burdensome, requiring 3 recommendations from people within the county all made within 30-60 days of each other. Being that I live downstate (even though I technically own a home in Dutchess) it just would have been too much of a PITA and I'd have to drive through the Bronx and Queens to get home...which means I'd have to jump through 100 more hoops in case I got pulled over.

You win, big government. You win.

edit: Hopefully once the SCOTUS says that gays married in NY are married in every other state they will be forced to say the same thing about gun licenses.

it's actually 4 references. all dc residents for over 6 months who know u for longer than 6 months and are not in the same household or related to you, or in the same household of any other of your references, and they cant be peace/police officers, or judges or officials(which sucks because there go most of her options right off the bat.)

it is ridiculous.
__________________

Last edited by Sentaruu; 06-27-2013 at 06:53 PM.
Sentaruu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 10:08 AM   #23
Jimmeh
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: NY
Posts: 54
My Ride: 335i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sentaruu View Post
it's actually 4 references. all dc residents for over 6 months who know u for longer than 6 months and are not in the same household or related to you, or in the same household of any other of your references, and they cant be peace/police officers, or judges or officials(which sucks because there go most of her options right off the bat.)

it is ridiculous.
In Nassau County its 4 references living in Nassau County (not sure if they needed to be there for a period of time) that you have known for at least a year. Everything else from Sentaruu is the same.

Last edited by Jimmeh; 06-28-2013 at 10:09 AM.
Jimmeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 03:39 PM   #24
Act of God
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: NY
Posts: 334
My Ride: Beach Cruiser
Send a message via AIM to Act of God
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sentaruu View Post
it's actually 4 references. all dc residents for over 6 months who know u for longer than 6 months and are not in the same household or related to you, or in the same household of any other of your references, and they cant be peace/police officers, or judges or officials(which sucks because there go most of her options right off the bat.)

it is ridiculous.
How is this considered constitutional while requiring ID to VOTE is allegedly an infringement on someone's rights?

What if you have no friends? You can't own a gun because you don't have enough friends???
__________________
“They have the guns and therefore we are for peace and for reformation through the ballot. When we have the guns then it will be through the bullet.” - Saul Alinsky, quoting Lenin

"You don’t burn books because they’re irrelevant. You burn books because you’re terrified that they’re not. You don’t muzzle people who have no audience. You muzzle people only when their voices are amplified far beyond your liking."
Act of God is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 03:53 PM   #25
NFRs2000nyc
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: NYC/NJ
Posts: 919
My Ride: 2003 FormulaRedS2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Act of God View Post
How is this considered constitutional while requiring ID to VOTE is allegedly an infringement on someone's rights?

What if you have no friends? You can't own a gun because you don't have enough friends???
Losers shouldn't own guns.
__________________

Last edited by NFRs2000nyc; 06-28-2013 at 03:53 PM.
NFRs2000nyc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 04:27 PM   #26
Act of God
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: NY
Posts: 334
My Ride: Beach Cruiser
Send a message via AIM to Act of God
Quote:
Originally Posted by NFRs2000nyc View Post
Losers shouldn't own guns.
it's hilarious how the people so allegedly concerned with protecting people's rights don't give a flying fck when it comes to SOME rights.
__________________
“They have the guns and therefore we are for peace and for reformation through the ballot. When we have the guns then it will be through the bullet.” - Saul Alinsky, quoting Lenin

"You don’t burn books because they’re irrelevant. You burn books because you’re terrified that they’re not. You don’t muzzle people who have no audience. You muzzle people only when their voices are amplified far beyond your liking."
Act of God is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 05:28 PM   #27
Sentaruu
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: NY
Posts: 848
My Ride: Xterra
Quote:
Originally Posted by NFRs2000nyc View Post
Losers shouldn't own guns.



i had a hard time getting signatures too because most of my friends that live in dutchess county are LE.
__________________
Sentaruu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 05:52 PM   #28
NFRs2000nyc
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: NYC/NJ
Posts: 919
My Ride: 2003 FormulaRedS2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Act of God View Post
it's hilarious how the people so allegedly concerned with protecting people's rights don't give a flying fck when it comes to SOME rights.
Its only the rights that fits their agenda...aka entitlements, gay marriage, abortion, and amnesty. The second amendment is not a right they deem necessary.
__________________
NFRs2000nyc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 05:53 PM   #29
NFRs2000nyc
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: NYC/NJ
Posts: 919
My Ride: 2003 FormulaRedS2000
Basically anyone who was relocated for work from Alaska to NY is screwed because like AOG said, they don't know anyone so it's not going to happen. Lets be honest, it wasn't going to happen anyway, but it sure as hell ain't happenin now.
__________________
NFRs2000nyc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 09:43 AM   #30
GasKing
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Long Island.
Posts: 609
My Ride: 14 Jeep Wrangler
NY pistol permit advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Act of God View Post
I'm (originally)from Dutchess County and I have the pistol permit application sitting right at my desk. I never got around to it because it was unduly burdensome, requiring 3 recommendations from people within the county all made within 30-60 days of each other. Being that I live downstate (even though I technically own a home in Dutchess) it just would have been too much of a PITA and I'd have to drive through the Bronx and Queens to get home...which means I'd have to jump through 100 more hoops in case I got pulled over.

You win, big government. You win.

edit: Hopefully once the SCOTUS says that gays married in NY are married in every other state they will be forced to say the same thing about gun licenses.
Nassau pistol live dining bureau is backed up for 18 months.


Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
__________________
Lead from the trenches
GasKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 09:43 AM   #31
GasKing
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Long Island.
Posts: 609
My Ride: 14 Jeep Wrangler
NY pistol permit advice

Licensing*


Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
__________________
Lead from the trenches
GasKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 01:02 PM   #32
Jimmeh
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: NY
Posts: 54
My Ride: 335i
Quote:
Originally Posted by GasKing View Post
Licensing*


Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
They told me that also, my process went a little faster than that.

Handed in all my information in March of 2012. They gave me an interview date of June 2013. They called me in June of 2012 and setup an appointment for the following week. Did the interview, got fingerprinted and they gave me my reference papers. Handed in the papers in the end of July. Got a call saying my license was ready January 2013.

As long as you hand in all your stuff right away it should be slightly less painful. It's total bullshit that it takes that long anyway. Also the line is at least 15 people deep anytime you go (unless you show up before they open) and they only have 1-2 people at the booths.
Jimmeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 04:29 PM   #33
GasKing
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Long Island.
Posts: 609
My Ride: 14 Jeep Wrangler
NY pistol permit advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmeh View Post
They told me that also, my process went a little faster than that.

Handed in all my information in March of 2012. They gave me an interview date of June 2013. They called me in June of 2012 and setup an appointment for the following week. Did the interview, got fingerprinted and they gave me my reference papers. Handed in the papers in the end of July. Got a call saying my license was ready January 2013.

As long as you hand in all your stuff right away it should be slightly less painful. It's total bullshit that it takes that long anyway. Also the line is at least 15 people deep anytime you go (unless you show up before they open) and they only have 1-2 people at the booths.
From what I understand after sandy hook it got worse. Suffolk is 6 months. I was youngest person in suffolk to get business carry in 2011. I'm happy to hear yours went painless.


Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
__________________
Lead from the trenches
GasKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 04:46 PM   #34
NFRs2000nyc
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: NYC/NJ
Posts: 919
My Ride: 2003 FormulaRedS2000
NY pistol permit advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasKing View Post
From what I understand after sandy hook it got worse. Suffolk is 6 months. I was youngest person in suffolk to get business carry in 2011. I'm happy to hear yours went painless.


Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
So you have a full on ccw or a business carry (can carry at your business location only?)


Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
__________________
NFRs2000nyc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 06:26 PM   #35
GasKing
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Long Island.
Posts: 609
My Ride: 14 Jeep Wrangler
NY pistol permit advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFRs2000nyc View Post
So you have a full on ccw or a business carry (can carry at your business location only?)


Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Business carry. Can only vary during business hours. Which happens to be 24 hrs for me


Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
__________________
Lead from the trenches
GasKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 06:29 PM   #36
GasKing
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Long Island.
Posts: 609
My Ride: 14 Jeep Wrangler
NY pistol permit advice

The requirement is $4000 a week in cash flow. Which in my line of work and number of locations was achieved in the time it took to make this post. 4 character references over 21 residing in my county that's not family, or active or retirement LE, letter from my bank manager, finger prints and an interview.


Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
__________________
Lead from the trenches
GasKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 07:25 PM   #37
Sentaruu
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: NY
Posts: 848
My Ride: Xterra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmeh View Post
They told me that also, my process went a little faster than that.

Handed in all my information in March of 2012. They gave me an interview date of June 2013. They called me in June of 2012 and setup an appointment for the following week. Did the interview, got fingerprinted and they gave me my reference papers. Handed in the papers in the end of July. Got a call saying my license was ready January 2013.

As long as you hand in all your stuff right away it should be slightly less painful. It's total bullshit that it takes that long anyway. Also the line is at least 15 people deep anytime you go (unless you show up before they open) and they only have 1-2 people at the booths.
oh god I hope that happens with me, my appointment is in march 2014....
__________________
Sentaruu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 07:28 PM   #38
Jimmeh
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: NY
Posts: 54
My Ride: 335i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sentaruu View Post
oh god I hope that happens with me, my appointment is in march 2014....
Good luck dude!
Jimmeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 07:59 PM   #39
GasKing
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Long Island.
Posts: 609
My Ride: 14 Jeep Wrangler
NY pistol permit advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sentaruu View Post
oh god I hope that happens with me, my appointment is in march 2014....
Get out. I heard upstate counties were good with that. Sheet even suffolk county is only 6 months


Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
__________________
Lead from the trenches
GasKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 08:25 PM   #40
Sentaruu
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: NY
Posts: 848
My Ride: Xterra
yea, apparently they are that far behind. it used to be 6 months here.
__________________
Sentaruu is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Censor is OFF





All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:18 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use