E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Classifieds > For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy > Suspension and Braking

Suspension and Braking
Springs, shocks, struts, coilovers, camber plates, sway bars, strut bars, suspension bushings, control arms, brake pads, big brake kits, etc.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-26-2013, 03:00 PM   #1
BMW_Matt

My Ride: Has AWD
FS Ground Control Coilovers w/Camber Plates

So it's time to sell my Ground Control Coilovers that I had on my previous 330. I got them from a member here several years ago and they're freaking AWESOME! They really improve your handling, although they might be a little stiff for some folks.

I bought them in '09 from the member here and I think he had about 10k miles (I really don't remember, but it was low because he only used it on the track.) They could probably use a rebuild, but they performed perfectly for me even though my tires were what limited the performance.) They do have some rust, and some peeling paint, but it's a performance part, it isn't supposed to look pretty. They were on a car that saw snow, rain, dirt, and sun. That said, I have cleaned them up some and got some dirt off.

AFAIK, they are the Street/Touring ones (I'm not 100% sure, it's either that or the Track/School) , and have 500# front and 550# rear spring rates. Copied from GC website. 2 Koni single adjustable struts

Complete Front Strut Housing - Machined from seamless DOM 1026 steel alloy tubing. High clearance sway bar bracket welded on.

Koni Single Adjustable Front Strut - Struts are externally adjustable from underneath the hood, even with the factory strut brace. This strut is prepared for coil over use, and eliminates machining of critical suspension components.

Ground Control Threaded Sleeves - This system is designed to eliminate stress risers caused by machining notches into the strut housing. Unlike other companies that claim superiority by cutting threads into a critical component of the suspension, Ground Control uses engineering common sense to maximize the strength of the suspension.

Ground Control Adjustable Spring Perch - A unique design, that uses an allen head bolt to clamp the single threaded perch into the correct position. No secondary pieces are needed to "jam" the threaded perch into position. This method of clamping onto the threads also prevents sand, grit, and water from getting into the threads, which is a common problem with jam nuts.

2 SHORT Koni single adjustable rear shocks

Koni Single Adjustable Rear Shocks - Preadjusted to match rear spring rates using our shock dyno. The street/touring is now exclusively the ";top-adjust"; version, which adjusts from inside the trunk with no tools needed. The rear shocks are custom built and valved by Koni to GC specifications, and are shorter than standard Konis.

4 Ground Control springs, manufactured by Eibach, your choice of 4 rates

Eibach Springs - All popular street spring rates are available. Ground Control springs are made by Eibach on German machines both in the USA and in Germany, however all Eibach springs have a lifetime guarantee against sagging, rate change, or any manufacturing or material failure. Lifetime guarantee. Compare!

4 Ground Control bump stops (made in Germany)

Ground Control Bump Stops - We do not just ask you to reuse your stock bump. The stock bump stop is designed for stock suspension; we provide a bump stop designed to work with our suspension. These are soft foam, same quality as OEM BMW parts, but made to our specs in Germany. Our race bump stops are even different than our street bump stops.

2 Rear Ride Height Adjusters

Ground Control Rear Ride Height Adjustment Kit - Billet aluminum threaded adjusters bolt on top of the rear control arm. The E46 M has a larger diameter rear axle than the standard Z4, so it is necessary for clearance to not have any portion of the adjuster below the control arm.

1 Pair front Street/Touring Camber Plates

Ground Control Racing Camber/Caster Plates - More camber adjustment than stock, caster adjustment, aircraft bearing, engraved with calibrated degrees, with stainless steel reinforcement. Every component is anodized or plated, including fasteners. Adds extra travel to avoid excessive bottoming out, this is a very well engineered product. The stainless steel reinforcement prevents electrolysis between the steel fender and the aluminum camber plate.
Camber is quickly adjustable by sliding the mounts, without removing any components from the car. The priority of this design is to allow fast, repeatable alignment changes at the track. Caster is adjustable, when necessary to correct the car, by changing a shim under the plate.
The Ground Control camber plates feature a urethane bushing that carries the side loads only, and does not rotate (no squeek!) and allows for articulation of the shock shaft. This urethane bushing is very under stressed, as the Ground Control design does NOT support the weight of the car on the urethane bushing. Instead, the weight of the car is supported by a completely separate rotating ball bearing, which is also manufactured in Germany. The entire assembly is machined at an angle, just like the stock upper mount. Beware of less expensive machining that bends the strut shaft after installation.

1 Pair rear upper shock mounts

Ground Control Rear Shock Mount - Billet aluminum, urethane bushings, pre-assembled. Includes gaskets and reinforcements.

Everything that you need is included, except I am missing a nut for one of the rear shock mount's. It's a standard hex nut with captive washer, so you should be able to find at local hardware store.

Price is $750 + shipping Lower 48. Looking to get rid of them quick!

Last edited by BMW_Matt; 09-10-2013 at 11:38 AM.
BMW_Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 06-26-2013, 03:07 PM   #2
BMW_Matt

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1372273634.538287.jpg
Views:	479
Size:	235.7 KB
ID:	513195

Name:	ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1372273644.300615.jpg
Views:	445
Size:	275.4 KB
ID:	513196

Name:	ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1372273652.450931.jpg
Views:	446
Size:	261.5 KB
ID:	513197

If you want more pics, lemme know!

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Old 06-28-2013, 06:56 PM   #3
BMW_Matt

Up.
Old 07-01-2013, 11:28 AM   #4
BMW_Matt

Pice lowered.

Old 07-05-2013, 01:48 PM   #5
ATLZHP6M

My Ride: TS2+ ZHP, ESS E39 M5
are you willing to sell the camber plates separately?, if so, pm me your price.

thx,

Will.

ESS TS2+ Street/Track Toy
ATLZHP6M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 05:56 PM   #6
2000_328CI
DK Jack Sparrow

My Ride: 328Ci | Range Rover
Send a message via AIM to 2000_328CI Send a message via MSN to 2000_328CI

Matt did you sell the camber plates?

435 Horsepower 328Ci
Everything you need to know on muffler deletes : http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=745244
Wrapping an E46 in Vinyl : http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...ghlight=bronze
2000_328CI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 02:35 AM   #7
alcolite

My Ride: 98 RS
PM me, will buy camber plates !
alcolite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 07:34 PM   #8
BMW_Matt

I still have the camber plates but want to keep them with the coilovers unless you can give me a good reason to separate them!

Old 07-27-2013, 06:09 PM   #9
BMW_Matt

Bump price drop...$800 plus shipping.

Old 07-27-2013, 06:12 PM   #10
Snik
OEM ///Member

My Ride: IR M3 Vert.

Good price.

Snik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 02:26 PM   #11
kingnima

My Ride: BMW e46 330i ZSP
Are these still available?
kingnima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 01:54 PM   #12
BMW_Matt

Yep. Sitting in the box ready to ship.

Old 09-01-2013, 08:36 PM   #13
BMW_Matt

Bumpidy humpidy

Old 09-10-2013, 11:38 AM   #14
BMW_Matt

Price drop. $750 plus shipping.

Old 09-10-2013, 10:06 PM   #15
wdiddy

My Ride: 330ci
what does a rebuild cost?
wdiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 01:16 PM   #16
BMW_Matt

Honestly not sure. Probably $100 a corner?

Old 09-19-2013, 09:31 AM   #17
BMW_Matt

SOLD!