E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > ///M3 Forum

///M3 Forum
The BMW E46 ///M3 is the M version E46 and puts out an amazing 333 HP and 262 lb-ft of torque at stock specs! There are an amazing amount of modifications for both the coupe and convertible models so read up and get started modifying your cars today!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-27-2013, 03:50 PM   #1
toolfan94

My Ride: 2005 M3 Vert. SMG
Having trouble finding LED tail lights?

Sorry for asking such a noob question,but I'm having trouble finding LED tail lights for my 05 M3 convertible? Could you guys please direct me to a vendor or website, it doesn't matter if its aftermarket or OEM
By the way the only place i found OEM was from ECS tuning and they want $210 per tail light
toolfan94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 05-28-2013, 12:26 AM   #2
Grinchxvx

My Ride: 2001 M3, 1998 M3

Kholaty/depo

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Grinchxvx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 01:19 AM   #3
sakumaxp

My Ride: 02 M3 convertible
OEM ftw

Carbon Black Metallic
SMG II
Verttttt
VCSL Front Bumper
VCSL 1 Piece Splitter
VIS GTR Hood
6K Angel Eyes
VMR VB3 19's
KW V2 coilovers
sakumaxp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 01:38 AM   #4
peytonracer4
:D

My Ride: '00 328i

I thought all '03+ came with led
Old 05-28-2013, 03:28 AM   #5
BMANN405

My Ride: 2002 325ci

bimmian.com

BMANN405 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 10:53 AM   #6
Slyde

My Ride: 2001 M3 TiAg
Since I feel burned by them, I say avoid Bimmian. They charge top dollar for moderate stuff and have bad support. That is how they dealt with me. Probably complicated to ship things back to Canada as well.

Depo is probably OK. the OEM would be $420 for just the outside tails while Depo (and EagleEye) run more like $170-185 at Khoalty and their sets include the inner trunk lenses as well.
However: I have purchased some sets of replacement clear corners. The Depo set did not fit well; the right eventually snapped in with a fair smack and the left never did fit and cracked during the attempt to install it. I then got a set of who-knows-what-brand from an eBay vendor and they were much worse: even the bulb socket was very loose and they did not snap in either (and were brittle and flimsy feeling... just crap). But the one Depo lens that installed is fine and looks identical to the OEM (although fit is was a little tricky).
I then purchased OEM and it neatly and immediately snapped into place. The tricky fitment of the snap-in clear corner is probably why BMW changed to a securing screw in ~2002; tail light fitment probably has more manageable fitment tolerances.
Old 05-28-2013, 10:58 AM   #7
sakumaxp

My Ride: 02 M3 convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by peytonracer4 View Post
I thought all '03+ came with led
I think only after 2003.5 did

Carbon Black Metallic
SMG II
Verttttt
VCSL Front Bumper
VCSL 1 Piece Splitter
VIS GTR Hood
6K Angel Eyes
VMR VB3 19's
KW V2 coilovers

Last edited by sakumaxp; 05-28-2013 at 10:59 AM.
sakumaxp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 12:31 PM   #8
toolfan94

My Ride: 2005 M3 Vert. SMG
Thanks for the input guys,however, i looked at the Khoalty website and their depo lights are not offered in convertible fitment and as far as the EE the only fitment offered is for 00-03 convertibles ? I also checked bimmian and its the same problem,remember guys my car is a 2005 M3 convertible Funny thing is when i purchased my car from a private seller it came with EE tail lights and I also noticed fitment wasn't exactly the best. Am i stuck getting OEM then?
toolfan94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 05:45 PM   #9
///M Powerd

My Ride: 2003.5 M3 Coupe
[QUOTE=Slyde;15459482]Since I feel burned by them, I say avoid Bimmian. They charge top dollar for moderate stuff and have bad support. That is how they dealt with me. Probably complicated to ship things back to Canada as well.

+1 Bimmian Sux
///M Powerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 04:49 PM   #10
mattrhino

My Ride: 2005 330ci Convert
SAME DAMN PROBLEM. Just bought a 2005 ZHP Convertible and has ghetto old euro's on it. LOOKS HORRIBLE. figured LED's would be an easy fix under $250.00. NOOOOPE
mattrhino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 07:56 PM   #11
kokom3

My Ride: BMW M3
You can find them from a car that is being parted out. That is one way to get a good deal. Otherwise, thebmwpartstore.com has the best prices for new OEM parts, so they will be the best place to source OEM LED tail lights for a vert.

You should already have LED tails on a 2005, but the previous owner could have sold them and put pre-2003.5 lights or aftermarket.
kokom3 is offline   Reply With Quote