E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum

Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum
Have all your A/V and electronics questions answered here. Ipods, A/V, Radar Detectors Oh My!
Sponsored by Bavarian Soundwerks

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 16 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 07-02-2013, 08:53 PM   #281
tnhl1989

My Ride: 02 330xi(RIP),03 ZHP
Send a message via Skype™ to tnhl1989
Which color wires? Any photos will help a lot.

The cameras I got are
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
tnhl1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 09:14 PM   #282
omgkielb

My Ride: E46
Check this thread seems like a big post about installing the camera.

I would be looking at the replacement light/camera so it doesn't look dodgy, one of these

Should be pretty similar to this

Last edited by omgkielb; 07-02-2013 at 09:16 PM.
omgkielb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 10:53 PM   #283
tnhl1989

I don't believe I have enough power coming from the rear lights to turn on the camera.
Old 07-02-2013, 11:01 PM   #284
freaked

My Ride: BMW E46 330i
Just ordered a Eonon D5150! (New version of Eonon D5113/Enco B146)

Quote:
Originally Posted by E46AUS View Post
I'm about to do the same but am yet to buy the 5M cable. Which brand 5m cable did you buy? (I know I'll need the 40pin version as I'm a 2004 E46). Did you end up having to splice it into the Eonon harness or was it plug and play? Did you also need the antenna extension? How's the radio reception for you here in Aus? Cheers.
I bought this one from eBay

http://bit.ly/13qrL8W

I haven't bothered with the antenna extension yet but I have used the adapter with it plugged in the boot and reception seems okay but really not to the normal standard - a bit fuzzy at times, not noticeable to the people who don't enjoy crisp sound.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
-1993 E36 318i
freaked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 01:34 AM   #285
Dante12

My Ride: 318i Steptronic
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnhl1989 View Post
I don't believe I have enough power coming from the rear lights to turn on the camera.
The camera does not need that much power, I would say check your ground is solid and also check that the video RCA is connected well because it tends to slip off even slightly as you slide the head unit back in, so when you throw the car into reverse, you get no camera.

DANTE12

2002 BMW E46 318i - Orient Blue - Beige Leather - M3 Sports Steering with Paddle Shifts - Android 4.04 Infortainment system - 1200W Alpine D Sub 12" - M3 Front bar - 19" Custom Painted Breyton Magic ET38 8.5J - Projector Headlights & Angel Eyes - LED DRLs in Foglight Ports

2000 BMW E46 318i - Silver - Written off

2000 BMW E46 318i - Bergundy - Sold
Dante12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 02:06 AM   #286
javanutsy

My Ride: 04 330Ci 6SP ZSP ZPP
I installed it over the weekend. Had to swap the blue wires, and I'm getting the random mode issue. Might try to wire that relay if I start to get annoyed.

More annoying though is the glare. From my seating position, the screen seems to reflect directly the rear window. Makes it difficult to see the screen during daytime. Maybe an anti glare screen protector would help?

Also getting a loud pop when switching to Aux mode. I don't have anything plugged in to Aux, or any other options for that matter right now. Only connected the main harness, the Canbus adapter, GPS antenna, and the radio antenna via the supplied adapter... My car has stock HK sound. Anybody else getting this pop?
Old 07-03-2013, 06:04 AM   #287
eljay

My Ride: ///M
Quote:
Originally Posted by javanutsy View Post
I installed it over the weekend. Had to swap the blue wires, and I'm getting the random mode issue. Might try to wire that relay if I start to get annoyed.

More annoying though is the glare. From my seating position, the screen seems to reflect directly the rear window. Makes it difficult to see the screen during daytime. Maybe an anti glare screen protector would help?

Also getting a loud pop when switching to Aux mode. I don't have anything plugged in to Aux, or any other options for that matter right now. Only connected the main harness, the Canbus adapter, GPS antenna, and the radio antenna via the supplied adapter... My car has stock HK sound. Anybody else getting this pop?
Check that your aux connections are not exposed and touching the stereo cage.
eljay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 07:50 AM   #288
SmokeyDP

My Ride: 2001 M3
Anyone try steaming from Bluetooth to see if the radio displays artist and track information using avrcp? I've been reading this thread and don't really see any show stoppers besides issues with the FM radio(which doesn't work in my car anyway). I've been keeping an eye out for something with Android so I can install Spotify and other apps, but it seems like everything is hacked together while this one seems pretty decent. I'd have to give up my XM Radio unless I just used the AV inputs and controlled it from an external unit.

It stinks that the USB port is on the front though.
Schrick cams - AFE intake - Custom Tune - Supersprint full exhaust - Evosport pulleys - UUC Evo 3 short shift kit - Brembo 14" BBK brake kit - Euro rear floating rotors - TC Kline Double Adjustable coilovers - Vorshlag caster/camber plates - Adjustable rear camber arms - Black 2005 competition package interior - Vorsteiner CSL front bumper - 19" CSL wheels

Last edited by SmokeyDP; 07-03-2013 at 07:51 AM.
SmokeyDP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 08:51 AM   #289
javanutsy

My Ride: 04 330Ci 6SP ZSP ZPP
Re: Just ordered a Eonon D5150! (New version of Eonon D5113/Enco B146)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eljay View Post
Check that your aux connections are not exposed and touching the stereo cage.
Oh, I think you might be right, will have to check thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeyDP View Post
Anyone try steaming from Bluetooth to see if the radio displays artist and track information using avrcp?
I tried streaming Pandora via Bluetooth from my Galaxy S2 and get no track info or album art. But I can skip songs using radio or steering wheel controls...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using BimmerApp mobile app

Last edited by javanutsy; 07-03-2013 at 09:21 AM.
javanutsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 09:01 AM   #290
tnhl1989

Anything with bluetooth just shows the button controls. Otherwise there is nothing special it seems. It just works. That's all it really matters.

Update- seems like the rca cable I received is bad. Will be swapping it out tonight.
Old 07-03-2013, 04:03 PM   #291
esberelias

My Ride: '03 325i
My camera POWER is hooked up to the reverse light with NO ISSUES

Check out my ride
esberelias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 01:52 AM   #292
knightrider5000

My Ride: 1999 BMW 323i 4 door
Send a message via Yahoo to knightrider5000
I to am getting a pop noise from time to time, might be the end caps they supplied for all the rca's are falling off and the wires rub on the radio metal, I am going to just electrical tape all of them and see if it stops it. I am getting a poping noise when Ipods on too, but that's because the cable is so long in the back its rubbing the back end while driving in turns or braking its slaming the cable in the back, I have to trim some of the cable end and see if it fixes that.
Also my rear view cam still dnt work in reverse. I am going to try running the ground cam directly to the cars ground, I currently have it pluged into the cars reverse light ground cable. But I dnt think that's the issue as I have the cam working in AUX mode so the ground must be good where I have it. But worth a try anyway, I will post results.
knightrider5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 04:06 AM   #293
knightrider5000

yep my ipod cable was hitting the back. Put the camera wire to ground of the chasis and still my back up camera does not work in reverse. I have checked and its getting volts to the power of the camera when in reverse but the h/u is not picking up the signal. Frustrating I may need to ask eonon for an exchange.
Old 07-04-2013, 05:47 AM   #294
Scooby24

My Ride: '03 330i ZHP Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by knightrider5000 View Post
yep my ipod cable was hitting the back. Put the camera wire to ground of the chasis and still my back up camera does not work in reverse. I have checked and its getting volts to the power of the camera when in reverse but the h/u is not picking up the signal. Frustrating I may need to ask eonon for an exchange.
There is a separate auxiliary and backup camera AV hookup. You sure you have it in the backup AV and not AUX?
Old 07-04-2013, 11:06 AM   #295
esberelias

My Ride: '03 325i
Re: Just ordered a Eonon D5150! (New version of Eonon D5113/Enco B146)

Make sure in the setting the 'camera' toggle is turned on

Sent from my Nexus 7 using BimmerApp mobile app

Check out my ride
esberelias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 11:13 AM   #296
bcw448

My Ride: 2000 BMW 323ci coupe
Quote:
Do you have the canbus red box plugin? Since the H/U backup plug wire signal is controlled and provided by the canbus, so try to unplug and plug in the canbus controller again and make sure the canbus is plug in securely. Hope this will fix your problem.
bcw448 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 01:16 PM   #297
knightrider5000

yes I pluged it into the # 17 green plug. And the camera is turned on in settings. Unpluged the canbus and repluged it several times. Still not working in reverse automatically. It will work in aux mode if I plug it into video in but not the back up camera cable on the back. I know its not the camera which I bought from eonon, its not the wiring, its got to be the H/U at fault nor a bad canbus if that's what controls the camera detection.

Last edited by knightrider5000; 07-04-2013 at 01:19 PM.
Old 07-05-2013, 03:26 AM   #298
omgadrian

My Ride: 02 325i
So, I have the business radio in my car, and I was wondering will this work with it too? I just take my unit out and replace it? I was wondering where all the AC buttons go after. Theyre all placed on the sides of my radio unit and not below. I want to buy it, but im not sure how to go about rearranging all the fan/ac buttons
omgadrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 04:09 AM   #299
Scooby24

My Ride: '03 330i ZHP Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by omgadrian View Post
So, I have the business radio in my car, and I was wondering will this work with it too? I just take my unit out and replace it? I was wondering where all the AC buttons go after. Theyre all placed on the sides of my radio unit and not below. I want to buy it, but im not sure how to go about rearranging all the fan/ac buttons
Yes direct replacement. Hvac controls go where your sunglasses holder is now. You'll want to buy the hvac relocation bracket from somewhere like ecs tuning. The whole unit relocates...no manual rearranging.
Old 07-05-2013, 03:12 PM   #300
E46BlackSedan

My Ride: N/A
Quote:
I installed my Eonon 5150 today and I have the same problem.
My camera is just a Chinese one from eBay but it worked great on my previous system.

I guess this is a problem we can add to our list.

You could hook up your camera to the AV-IN connector and just press MODE when reversing.

You get what you pay for.... I still think this is a good deal!
E46BlackSedan is offline   Reply With Quote