E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Suspension & Braking

Suspension & Braking
Have some questions about suspension or brake setups for your E46 BMW? Get all your answers here!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-09-2013, 12:50 AM   #21
SK330ci

My Ride: 02 330ci w/ 3 Pedals
Quote:
Originally Posted by project330ci View Post
ok clearly some people dont know the difference. ok STANCE= no wheel gap maybe some tire tuck. SLAMMED= tire completly tucked and scraping pebbles. come on guys. i just dont want the wheel gap without blowing struts with springs, and i want the adjustabilitly and stiffness. therefore im going with coils.and yes i understand these arent the best options. but im not racing, therefore top notch isnt much needed for my application of a DD for me to go and come back from school.

OK, fine.

Look at these, Very cost effective........

http://www.cosmoracing.com/productin...id=219&pid=932

Keep in mind that any new performance springs will Kill your OEM shocks/struts quickly. My recommendation is either Koni Sports or Bilstein Sports.

BIMMERS FOR EVER !

Last edited by SK330ci; 05-09-2013 at 02:09 AM.
SK330ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 01:41 AM   #22
Properstyle

My Ride: 2002 SMG M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by SK330ci View Post
These two things don't go together in any way, it's like saying "Army Intelligence".

Wanting "stance and show" are just fine, but they are the absolute opposite of wanting "less body roll and better response".

There are many very good suspension systems in your price range, but you have not mentioned any of them in your list of possible choices.
I take offense to your blind sided comment as I am an intel analyst in the army. If you don't know what your talking about keep your mouth shut and your hands off the key board .
Old 05-09-2013, 01:46 AM   #23
Properstyle

Quote:
ok clearly some people dont know the difference. ok STANCE= no wheel gap maybe some tire tuck. SLAMMED= tire completly tucked and scraping pebbles. come on guys. i just dont want the wheel gap without blowing struts with springs, and i want the adjustabilitly and stiffness. therefore im going with coils.and yes i understand these arent the best options. but im not racing, therefore top notch isnt much needed for my application of a DD for me to go and come back from school.
Look in to broadway static and Status gruppe coils.

http://www.statusgruppe.com/collecti...s-coilover-kit

There are a few stanced out M3 on status coils, there customer service is great check out this thread he is some one on SGT suspension. and loves them and the great price.

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=816826

http://www.broadwaystaticsuspension.com/

Broad way uses the same shock body of the autofortune coilovers which are damn good coils on the track and street but shortens the shock body to give you the desired low ride hieght with out bottonming out the suspension..
Old 05-09-2013, 01:55 AM   #24
SK330ci

My Ride: 02 330ci w/ 3 Pedals
Quote:
Originally Posted by Properstyle View Post
I take offense to your blind sided comment as I am an intel analyst in the army. If you don't know what your talking about keep your mouth shut and your hands off the key board .

LOL......Ouch !

Ok,

I've given myself a time out.

BIMMERS FOR EVER !
SK330ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 02:17 AM   #25
Properstyle

Thank you good sir lol......
Old 05-09-2013, 08:38 PM   #26
project330ci

My Ride: steel grey 02 325ci
Quote:
i knew this was gunna happen. i was just waiting for someone in the army to come back at this.
project330ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 08:43 PM   #27
project330ci

anyways since ive heard so much bout status gruppe. and BC ill see if i can get a set of status. thanks for everyones input!
Old 05-09-2013, 08:48 PM   #28
NOVAbimmer

My Ride: 14 Impala FXST M796
QUICK!! PICK A COILOVER! (help)

Quote:
Lol... Someone can't take a joke

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Old 05-09-2013, 09:06 PM   #29
Imanewbie

My Ride: 328i zsp

I stole this pic from another fanatic to show you the perfect stance of the h&r sport cupkit. There is no need for adjusting, they come with shorter struts and shocks, last longer, and made by he most respected company in the business. Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1368151558.486311.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	118.6 KB
ID:	504832

Last edited by Imanewbie; 05-09-2013 at 09:09 PM.
Imanewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 09:07 PM   #30
project330ci

Quote:
Look in to broadway static and Status gruppe coils.

http://www.statusgruppe.com/collecti...s-coilover-kit

There are a few stanced out M3 on status coils, there customer service is great check out this thread he is some one on SGT suspension. and loves them and the great price.

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=816826

http://www.broadwaystaticsuspension.com/

Broad way uses the same shock body of the autofortune coilovers which are damn good coils on the track and street but shortens the shock body to give you the desired low ride hieght with out bottonming out the suspension..
isnt there a difference between M fitment and non M fitment? all i see are M3 coils. from SG
Old 05-09-2013, 09:41 PM   #31
kejobe

My Ride: 2003 325I
Quote:
isnt there a difference between M fitment and non M fitment? all i see are M3 coils. from SG
Might help:

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=965693

kejobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 09:48 PM   #32
indoafro

My Ride: 325ci

man, you have a same situation as mine, im still teenagers and just bought a 2001 325ci...my suggestion if your money is tight, have you ever heard about raceland coilovers ? you should try research on them...i've read a lot of good review on other forum (bmw owner use raceland coils)

indoafro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 11:31 PM   #33
project330ci

Quote:
Originally Posted by indoafro View Post
man, you have a same situation as mine, im still teenagers and just bought a 2001 325ci...my suggestion if your money is tight, have you ever heard about raceland coilovers ? you should try research on them...i've read a lot of good review on other forum (bmw owner use raceland coils)

oh dude, trust me dont do it. just save, those are gunna bite you in the ass later. trust me, all my friends that ran raceland blew struts in 6 months of DDing semi low, save man, dont take that crazy of a shortcut. 1k coils are already low end, the lowest end would be megans. dont waste you money. just my 2 cents. goodluck
Old 05-12-2013, 11:40 PM   #34
project330ci

oh BTW, to everyone one the thread, i went FunctionnForm cuz i got a STEAL of a price. If you are in Socal Inland Empire SanBer/LA area, hit up Wheelers LLC! My friend & his dad have been working on cars for the past 40 years, every from regular servicing, to Full car builds. And if you were looking for Function and Form coils, BEST PRICE EVER. 45 Rio Rancho Road Unit 4A Pomona, California 91766 (909) 702-5892 Ask for Bruce. Thanks for all the suggestions and comments, i will throw up a review on these later on maybe in 2-3 weeks of DD.

Last edited by project330ci; 05-12-2013 at 11:41 PM.
Old 05-13-2013, 09:10 AM   #35
indoafro

My Ride: 325ci

Quote:
oh dude, trust me dont do it. just save, those are gunna bite you in the ass later. trust me, all my friends that ran raceland blew struts in 6 months of DDing semi low, save man, dont take that crazy of a shortcut. 1k coils are already low end, the lowest end would be megans. dont waste you money. just my 2 cents. goodluck
what did they break ? which struts ?

indoafro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 08:24 AM   #36
E46 WOT

My Ride: 2004 M3 SMG
Quote:
Ok, so i am pretty new with the whole modding scene. atleast performance wise, Largest mod i have done yet, done exhaust, brakes kit, and cosmetics, but nothing that'll really affect the performance of my car. As i am 18 years old with a minimum wage job, money is tight, and i have finally saved up 1k to buy coils But, im stuck in picking a set or brand.
I have these to Choose from:

Megan Euro's
Yellow DPS'
ISC N1's
Ksport Kontrol Pro's
D2 RS'
BC BR's
and Function n Form type 2's

these are all around 1k or i can acquire for less than 1k.
anyone have experience with any or multiple of these?

car they are going on: 2002 325ci e46 coupe

reason: stance, show, wanting less body roll and better response.
Im getting real tired of taking a corner and feel like im 3 wheeling with hydraulics. Looking to make a order on friday the 10th of May

yes, I know, ignorant teenager trying to slam a BMW and jump on the stance scene. You have your style, i have mine, please, i came to the forums to find help. Pls dont make me regret getting a e46. thanks!
In case you hadn't seen my install and review thread on the ISC N1's here's the link http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...ghlight=isc+n1 hope that helps you go one way or the other

2004.5 M3 SMG
CF CSL Trunk, CSL replica bumper, 18x9.5 BW Arc-8's w/ 245/265 Hankook R-S3s, PFC 08 pads, SS brake lines, Prospeed 683 Brake fluid, ISC N1 Coilovers, Powerflex poly RTABs and sway bar bushings, Treehouse delrin FCABs,Tint, BSW I-Pod Dock, and 7 BMW CCA HPDS at VIR- A-Group, 2:14.10 VIR Full Course, 1:51's CMP, 1:24.4 Roebling Road, with no motor mods besides BW intake boot and K&N drop in filter
E46 WOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 06:08 PM   #37
project330ci

Ight guys, so here i am again, giving an update on the suspension. And well, Damn! The ride is just beautiful, even at full stiff dampening setting, still rides beautifully! The only down side of this set up is that the way the preload sets for the springs, the lock ring is on the inside of the spring. So it is kind of hard to adjust, but that can be fixed just by switching it. Everything fits perfectly, but the only real problem is accessing the front camber plate bolts, the hole under the hood to adjust the plates are a little too small to reach. But i think a ballend allen would help. If anyone has any question bout this set up lmk!