E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > General Off-Topic

General Off-Topic
Everything not about BMWs. Posts must be "primetime" safe and in good taste. You must be logged in to see sub-forums.
Click here to browse all new posts.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-06-2013, 11:19 PM   #41
ryanwhite74115

My Ride: 2011 Hyundai Sonata
Glad you went to the hospital just in case. As an attorney who works at a PI firm, I can assure you many injuries pop up hours, days and possibly even weeks after an accident. Hope everything gets better and nothing permanent happens with your neck or your girlfriends surgery complications.
ryanwhite74115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 06:10 AM   #42
MagicFan

My Ride: 2013 Subaru Legacy
Keep your head up man. This time you're going through, isn't forever. Play video games, go see a movie, that's what I do when I'm stressed out
Old 07-07-2013, 07:41 AM   #43
Rotha

My Ride: N/A
you'll be good man. what happens when I get piled up with problems is that I stop and arrange the problems on a list and things I need to take care of from worst to smallest. I guess it's a way of counting your problems to be able to count on your blessings.

like Collinse90 says, you should really have a better contingency plan. Not saying that I personally do, I have to work on mine too, but youre not living in a desert. It's gonna rain again sometime. Keep a stiff upper chin lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruckDaddy View Post
Both BMW greensboro. Difference is, now those idiots can show how stupid they are through social media. And now they have no shame about it. This is why society needs bullying.
Rotha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 07:41 AM   #44
SPDSKTR

My Ride: E30 with an S52
Re: These past few days... [Just need to talk to you guys for a moment.]

My neck isn't too bad during the day, but basically gets worse at night when I try to sleep. I haven't changed pillows, sleeping positions, etc. I haven't slept well at all since this past Monday. I still haven't had time to go get my muscle relaxers, so I'm making that a priority today; maybe they'll help out some.

My girlfriend has been feeling a LOT better, so that's a huge sigh of relief for me. We actually went to Hobby Lobby yesterday so she could get paint supplies and cross-stitch threads (I've been trying to get her to cross-stitch me an ///M logo ).

As for diminished value, someone hit me about this time two years ago. It was minor external damage, but still resulted in a bill of $1,400 (which I did not pay). This, however, is far more extreme and surely dropped the value of my car. I have meeting with my lawyer set up for tomorrow at 11:30 a.m. to see what we can do in order to compensate me for lost time at work, value of the car, etc.

I would go shoot, but money is limited. I had to buy new jeans yesterday since every pair I own has huge holes in them, so there is that. Maybe he'll let me shoot for free, assuming I provide the ammo. (The range owner and I are friends, so that helps.)

[Sent from my Galaxy Nexus.]

330i/Ci Bang for the Buck Horsepower Guide
Want 5% off any BimmerBrakes.com purchase? PM me for details!

Last edited by SPDSKTR; 07-07-2013 at 07:42 AM.
SPDSKTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 07:48 AM   #45
SPDSKTR

Re: These past few days... [Just need to talk to you guys for a moment.]

I failed to mention that I will be getting another M3 replica bumper and a carbon fiber M3 hood (which will be mostly painted) from all this. The body shop manager said he'd also try to "replace" the carbon fiber splitters and fog light trim pieces that "were on there."

I love my body shop.

[Sent from my Galaxy Nexus.]

Old 07-07-2013, 08:03 AM   #46
MrWesson

My Ride: 01 330CI/09 328i
If I were you i'd hope for a total out and walk away from the car.

(based on previous posts) you are in a time right now where you are working to secure a successful financial future and sounds like you have a good home life thing going. I think I'm a bit older than you and have been in your position a couple times over and worrying about the repair costs of a catastrophic failure on your older bimmer isn't going to help.

Modding isn't helping either.

Drive something sensible and revisit the issue in a few years. Its just a stupid car afterall.
MrWesson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 08:54 AM   #47
Fergo

My Ride: S52 E30(dead)08 135i
It'll get better friend seems like things have started to brighten up for you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven747 View Post
v10 was awesome new m5 is just fast dosent have a soul just 2 easy to make hp turbos

Last edited by Fergo; 07-07-2013 at 08:55 AM.
Fergo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 11:00 AM   #48
SPDSKTR

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWesson View Post
If I were you i'd hope for a total out and walk away from the car.

(based on previous posts) you are in a time right now where you are working to secure a successful financial future and sounds like you have a good home life thing going. I think I'm a bit older than you and have been in your position a couple times over and worrying about the repair costs of a catastrophic failure on your older bimmer isn't going to help.

Modding isn't helping either.

Drive something sensible and revisit the issue in a few years. Its just a stupid car afterall.
Factoring in the value of my car with how much I owe on it and how much I have saved up, I'll be lucky to afford a $3,000 Honda Civic with 200,000+ miles when all is said and done. Believe me when I say I'm better off keeping my car and fixing things as they come up.

As for modding, I'm pretty much done in that department. I have my car the way I want it to be. If anything, I'll be replacing some exhaust piping which was installed by the previous owner. It's 1/4" too small in certain sections, but even then, it can wait, for that's $120 I can put elsewhere.

Old 07-07-2013, 11:52 AM   #49
DILLA

My Ride: 330i ZHP
Everyone goes through a rough patch, laughing at stupid sh1t posted on here has gotten my mind of a lot of events in my life, but remember, everyone goes through a rough time, but it will get better. Just stay positive and focus on solving a problem one at a time. Hope you and your girl feel better, and things get better for you!
Old 07-07-2013, 12:19 PM   #50
SPDSKTR

Last edited by SPDSKTR; 07-07-2013 at 03:14 PM.