E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Political Talk

Political Talk
You may discuss anything regarding politics in this forum ONLY. If you cannot respect others opinions, your access to this forum will be removed.

Old 07-07-2013, 09:43 PM   #941
MDydinanM

My Ride: is a ///M
your source says it all

Edit:

All I'm saying is, sure, Bush has some part to blame. But so do many, many others. For instance, no one forced Americans to buy houses they knew they couldn't afford to begin with. Sure an opportunity was created by legislation, but that doesn't mean they had to take advantage of it and live beyond their means.

Last edited by MDydinanM; 07-07-2013 at 09:48 PM.
MDydinanM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 07:34 PM   #942
Act of God

My Ride: Beach Cruiser
Send a message via AIM to Act of God
http://thelead.blogs.cnn.com/2013/08...nghazi-attack/

I know, lol CNN right

Quote:
Exclusive: Dozens of CIA operatives on the ground during Benghazi attack

CNN has uncovered exclusive new information about what is allegedly happening at the CIA, in the wake of the deadly Benghazi terror attack.

Four Americans, including Ambassador Christopher Stevens, were killed in the assault by armed militants last September 11 in eastern Libya.

Sources now tell CNN dozens of people working for the CIA were on the ground that night, and that the agency is going to great lengths to make sure whatever it was doing, remains a secret.

CNN has learned the CIA is involved in what one source calls an unprecedented attempt to keep the spy agency's Benghazi secrets from ever leaking out.

Read: Analysis: CIA role in Benghazi underreported

Since January, some CIA operatives involved in the agency's missions in Libya, have been subjected to frequent, even monthly polygraph examinations, according to a source with deep inside knowledge of the agency's workings.

The goal of the questioning, according to sources, is to find out if anyone is talking to the media or Congress.

It is being described as pure intimidation, with the threat that any unauthorized CIA employee who leaks information could face the end of his or her career.

In exclusive communications obtained by CNN, one insider writes, "You don't jeopardize yourself, you jeopardize your family as well."

Another says, "You have no idea the amount of pressure being brought to bear on anyone with knowledge of this operation."

"Agency employees typically are polygraphed every three to four years. Never more than that," said former CIA operative and CNN analyst Robert Baer.

In other words, the rate of the kind of polygraphs alleged by sources is rare.

"If somebody is being polygraphed every month, or every two months it's called an issue polygraph, and that means that the polygraph division suspects something, or they're looking for something, or they're on a fishing expedition. But it's absolutely not routine at all to be polygraphed monthly, or bi-monthly," said Baer.

CIA spokesman Dean Boyd asserted in a statement that the agency has been open with Congress.

"The CIA has worked closely with its oversight committees to provide them with an extraordinary amount of information related to the attack on U.S. facilities in Benghazi," the statement said.

"CIA employees are always free to speak to Congress if they want," the statement continued. "The CIA enabled all officers involved in Benghazi the opportunity to meet with Congress. We are not aware of any CIA employee who has experienced retaliation, including any non-routine security procedures, or who has been prevented from sharing a concern with Congress about the Benghazi incident."

Among the many secrets still yet to be told about the Benghazi mission, is just how many Americans were there the night of the attack.

A source now tells CNN that number was 35, with as many as seven wounded, some seriously.

While it is still not known how many of them were CIA, a source tells CNN that 21 Americans were working in the building known as the annex, believed to be run by the agency.

The lack of information and pressure to silence CIA operatives is disturbing to U.S. Rep. Frank Wolf, whose district includes CIA headquarters in Langley, Virginia.

"I think it is a form of a cover-up, and I think it's an attempt to push it under the rug, and I think the American people are feeling the same way," said the Republican.

"We should have the people who were on the scene come in, testify under oath, do it publicly, and lay it out. And there really isn't any national security issue involved with regards to that," he said.

Wolf has repeatedly gone to the House floor, asking for a select committee to be set-up, a Watergate-style probe involving several intelligence committee investigators assigned to get to the bottom of the failures that took place in Benghazi, and find out just what the State Department and CIA were doing there.

More than 150 fellow Republican members of Congress have signed his request, and just this week eight Republicans sent a letter to the new head of the FBI, James Comey, asking that he brief Congress within 30 days.

Read: White House releases 100 pages of Benghazi e-mails

In the aftermath of the attack, Wolf said he was contacted by people closely tied with CIA operatives and contractors who wanted to talk.

Then suddenly, there was silence.

"Initially they were not afraid to come forward. They wanted the opportunity, and they wanted to be subpoenaed, because if you're subpoenaed, it sort of protects you, you're forced to come before Congress. Now that's all changed," said Wolf.

Lawmakers also want to about know the weapons in Libya, and what happened to them.

Speculation on Capitol Hill has included the possibility the U.S. agencies operating in Benghazi were secretly helping to move surface-to-air missiles out of Libya, through Turkey, and into the hands of Syrian rebels.

It is clear that two U.S. agencies were operating in Benghazi, one was the State Department, and the other was the CIA.

The State Department told CNN in an e-mail that it was only helping the new Libyan government destroy weapons deemed "damaged, aged or too unsafe retain," and that it was not involved in any transfer of weapons to other countries.

But the State Department also clearly told CNN, they "can't speak for any other agencies."

The CIA would not comment on whether it was involved in the transfer of any weapons.

Programming note: Was there a political cover up surrounding the Benghazi attack that killed four Americans? Watch a CNN special investigation - The Truth About Benghazi, Tuesday at 10 p.m. ET.
Something had to have been going on that day, gun running?

"You don’t burn books because they’re irrelevant. You burn books because you’re terrified that they’re not. You don’t muzzle people who have no audience. You muzzle people only when their voices are amplified far beyond your liking."
Act of God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 07:52 PM   #943
Lair

My Ride: e90, cheap Boxster
So it was a covert operation.

I knew it.

Quote:
It's the best years of your life they want to steal.
Congratulations.
Lair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 05:11 AM   #944
ti317

My Ride: 02 330ci coupe 5 spd
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lair View Post
So it was a covert operation.

I knew it.
So was Iran Contra and the secret war in Laos.
Old 08-06-2013, 10:42 PM   #945
JohnBlaze

My Ride: Black Sunshine
Erin Burnett's blowing the whistle right now on CNN
Old 04-30-2014, 06:54 AM   #946
Act of God

whoops

well that's gotta sting, eh Obama?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...o-white-house/
Quote:
The documents were released Friday as result of a June 21, 2013, Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) lawsuit filed against the Department of State (Judicial Watch v. U.S. Department of State (No. 1:13-cv-00951)) to gain access to documents about the controversial talking points used by then-UN Ambassador Susan Rice for a series of appearances on television Sunday news programs on September 16, 2012. Judicial Watch had been seeking these documents since October 18, 2012

The e-mails were exchanged at a time when the State Department and CIA already knew that the video was not at issue and that this was a staged attack of some type.

"You don’t burn books because they’re irrelevant. You burn books because you’re terrified that they’re not. You don’t muzzle people who have no audience. You muzzle people only when their voices are amplified far beyond your liking."

Last edited by Act of God; 04-30-2014 at 07:03 AM.
Old 04-30-2014, 09:09 AM   #947
badfast

My Ride: A Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by Act of God View Post
whoops

well that's gotta sting, eh Obama?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...o-white-house/
is this more gotcha politics? I fail to see anything incriminating.

Last edited by badfast; 04-30-2014 at 09:11 AM.
badfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 09:15 AM   #948
Lair

How many times are you republicans going to throw the Benghazi **** at the wall? It's never going to stick.

Quote:
Congratulations.
Old 04-30-2014, 10:25 AM   #949
Act of God

Quote:
Originally Posted by badfast View Post
is this more gotcha politics? I fail to see anything incriminating.
It's proof positive* they intentionally lied. That's not Gotcha politics that's our leaders misleading the nation for political gain.

*Emails were after we know the truth was communicated about the attack. Jay carney addressed in the email.

Last edited by Act of God; 04-30-2014 at 10:25 AM.
Old 04-30-2014, 10:32 AM   #950
Lair

Will it stick this time?

Quote:
Congratulations.
Old 04-30-2014, 10:55 AM   #951
Rhumb

My Ride: 2001 M3 Coupe
Quote:
It's proof positive* they intentionally lied. That's not Gotcha politics that's our leaders misleading the nation for political gain.

*Emails were after we know the truth was communicated about the attack. Jay carney addressed in the email.
It's anything but "proof positive." I still see very little of any solid substance or consequence with this email.

This was what, some three days max after the attacks themselves where the communications guy was doing what communications guys are supposed to do, lay out some fairly bland talking points regarding the incident. I don't think that the Benghazi attack was definitively attributed to terrorists until some time later (days or weeks). Even Judicial Watch's own statement underscores the ambiguity and uncertainty that surrounded this event in the early days/weeks: "Other documents show that State Department officials initially described the incident as an “attack” and possible kidnap attempt."

Yes, there was a range of reports, information, suspicions and opinions regarding these attacks in the immediate days and weeks afterwards, some correct, many incorrect, but that wasn't fully discerned until much later. That this attack was motivated by that video was certainly a reasonable, if ultimately incorrect, interpretation given that there were many such attacks/events going on around the Arab/Islamic world at that very time. Thus it is an irresponsible leap to say that this memo is "proof" that the WH somehow "intentionally" lied rather than simply developing early talking points based upon what was later, much later, established to be erroneous and incorrect information.

Guess the radical right can keep trolling the waters in the hopes that they can catch something bigger than this minnow.
Rhumb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 10:59 AM   #952
Black///M

My Ride: 2004 M3 Coupe
Benghazi was not a consulate but a rendition post, that is why so many operative in the area and the complete silence. The lie is better or more acceptable than the truth that the administration continued with rendition (after all they were against it in 2008).
Black///M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 11:23 AM   #953
Cabrio330

My Ride: 2005 330cic ZHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhumb View Post
It's anything but "proof positive." I still see very little of any solid substance or consequence with this email.

This was what, some three days max after the attacks themselves where the communications guy was doing what communications guys are supposed to do, lay out some fairly bland talking points regarding the incident. I don't think that the Benghazi attack was definitively attributed to terrorists until some time later (days or weeks). Even Judicial Watch's own statement underscores the ambiguity and uncertainty that surrounded this event in the early days/weeks: "Other documents show that State Department officials initially described the incident as an “attack” and possible kidnap attempt."

Yes, there was a range of reports, information, suspicions and opinions regarding these attacks in the immediate days and weeks afterwards, some correct, many incorrect, but that wasn't fully discerned until much later. That this attack was motivated by that video was certainly a reasonable, if ultimately incorrect, interpretation given that there were many such attacks/events going on around the Arab/Islamic world at that very time. Thus it is an irresponsible leap to say that this memo is "proof" that the WH somehow "intentionally" lied rather than simply developing early talking points based upon what was later, much later, established to be erroneous and incorrect information.

Guess the radical right can keep trolling the waters in the hopes that they can catch something bigger than this minnow.
The "leap" you call irresponsible pales in comparison to the inertia you cannot (or will not?) overcome to defend this administration in the face of overwhelming facts. Amazing, comical, sad and scary all at the same time.
Cabrio330 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 11:40 AM   #954
Lair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black///M View Post
Benghazi was not a consulate but a rendition post, that is why so many operative in the area and the complete silence. The lie is better or more acceptable than the truth that the administration continued with rendition (after all they were against it in 2008).

Quote:
Congratulations.
Old 04-30-2014, 11:40 AM   #955
Rhumb

My Ride: 2001 M3 Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabrio330 View Post
The "leap" you call irresponsible pales in comparison to the inertia you cannot (or will not?) overcome to defend this administration in the face of overwhelming facts. Amazing, comical, sad and scary all at the same time.
I see few if any real substantive "facts" and a lot of innuendo, hearsay, intimations and flimsy correlations at best. Rather, that the right wing is so ideologically and emotionally invested in some sort of -- any sort of -- Benghazi "scandal" despite the glaring dearth of any real facts or evidence is what is truly amazing, comical, sad and scary.

If anyone does in fact have actual facts of malfeasance or wrong doing, then why aren't the miscreants being hauled before Congress and/or the courts? As they say, "Put up or shut up."

If they don't have any actual facts to do this, then why are they/you asserting that there are "overwhelming facts?" The same could be said about the assertion of some sort of stone-walling or cover up, you can't have it both ways.

This whole GOP/TP Benghazi-gate charade is grossly self-contradictory and hollow ideological witch hunt.
Rhumb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 11:42 AM   #956
Zell

My Ride: Has no throttle
How did I miss this thread
Old 04-30-2014, 11:43 AM   #957
MDydinanM

My Ride: is a ///M
Obama and Benghazi

Quote:
I see few if any real substantive "facts" and a lot of innuendo, hearsay, intimations and flimsy correlations at best.

Aka Darrell Issa - determining his own version of events.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

Last edited by MDydinanM; 04-30-2014 at 11:47 AM.
MDydinanM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 11:45 AM   #958
Lair

Quote:

If they don't have any actual facts to do this, then why are they/you asserting that there are "overwhelming facts?"
Because so many like-minded individuals want to believe it.

Quote:
Congratulations.
Old 04-30-2014, 12:36 PM   #959
Act of God

Quote:
It also shows that the white house was directly involved in crafting the talking points that were allegedly crafted only by the CIA. another lie, caught.

Holding elected officials accountable to the truth does not make anyone part of the "radical right", you're ridiculous.

As to Lair's question, no it will not stick. Nothing will ever stick with this administration.

Last edited by Act of God; 04-30-2014 at 01:11 PM.
Old 04-30-2014, 01:12 PM   #960
badfast

My Ride: A Car
Quote:
It also shows that the white house was directly involved in crafting the talking points that were allegedly crafted only by the CIA. another lie, caught.

Holding elected officials accountable to the truth does not make anyone part of the "radical right", you're ridiculous.
Having "goals" and prep meetings/memos is not uncommon (standard practice) before breiefings and other events. There exist messages that need reinforcement. Nothing sinister. I am sure if you get a Repub media prep memo it will state: reinforce Benghazi scandel and underscore the threat to freedom that Obamacare is.
badfast is offline   Reply With Quote