E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > BMW Regional Forums > Regional Forums > Europe

Europe

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 09-02-2012, 02:21 PM   #301
Mazikeen

My Ride: 2006 325Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by SINEREOTYPE View Post
Hey Airman! I'm a TACP stationed in Vilseck, we control your pilots a lot over here
Nice, how long have you been in Germany? I'm about to look into cross-training as well, not sure what I want to do yet though!
Old 09-02-2012, 02:49 PM   #302
SINEREOTYPE

My Ride: 2005 BMW 325i
I've been in Germany for about 4 months, love it here. You should aim high and go for a battlefield airman careerfield! haha

Do you know where i can find the m-tech II body kit? Kinda hard to find where i live, i'm willing to drive all over for it!
Old 09-02-2012, 03:11 PM   #303
sabreuk

My Ride: 323ci vert
ive lived in germany and been based in germany. i lived when growing up in fallingbostal, then detmold but used to travel to guterslough everyday i think there was a usaf airbase near there aswell as we used to see a lot of ah64s before we got them a10s and the occasional sr71a back in the day. granted being british it was all the british army bases i was brought up in and around.

i served in osnabruck for 2 years and now currantly based back in the uk i do miss germany and i miss going to your px in frankfurt used to get some right good bits of kit and miss the trading with you guys like mre meals for our compo ration packs etc

EVERYWHERE
sabreuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 03:24 PM   #304
SINEREOTYPE

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabreuk View Post
ive lived in germany and been based in germany. i lived when growing up in fallingbostal, then detmold but used to travel to guterslough everyday i think there was a usaf airbase near there aswell as we used to see a lot of ah64s before we got them a10s and the occasional sr71a back in the day. granted being british it was all the british army bases i was brought up in and around.

i served in osnabruck for 2 years and now currantly based back in the uk i do miss germany and i miss going to your px in frankfurt used to get some right good bits of kit and miss the trading with you guys like mre meals for our compo ration packs etc
Wow i'd kill to see an SR71. I live near Grafenwoehr and we always see some of your guys training on the range. Sometimes we see British JTACs controlling air on the OP, we usually stop by to trade some tips and techniques, and to check out each others kit. Theyre pretty squared away!
Old 09-02-2012, 04:06 PM   #305
sabreuk

us limeys usualy are to people on the outside on the inside its organised chaos as per army sops lmfao. the sr71s we used to see where back in the mid 80s and only ever seen them a couple of times it wasnt a regular thing at all, they were low so looked like they had just taken off form near by. we saw the a10s more than anything with the odd f15 occasionaly as well now they do make your sphincter rattle when they go by no that i like my sphincter rattled but it was a sight.

its funny how things work with our armys you guys love and want our kit and we love and want your kit lol however we are starting to get a lot of u.s vehicles coming in to service with us like the international mxt which we call husky, we also have your cougar which we call mastiff and its various varients, we have your oshkosh het and its varients and a few other vehicles.

what job do you do you do bud? im currantly a senior instructor teaching uor vehicles (urgent operational requirement) like husky etc

EVERYWHERE
Old 09-02-2012, 04:26 PM   #306
SINEREOTYPE

Organized chaos? Sounds like my job! Haha

I'm a USAF Tactical Air Control Party member, so i provide terminal control of close air support in the forward operating area for any jets looking to drop laser/GPS guided bombs on people and their friends. Like what your Prince Harry of Wales does, except i am in the Air Force.
Old 09-02-2012, 04:52 PM   #307
sabreuk

prince harry doesnt do that anymore he has changed jobs doing other bits n bobs now im a senior instructor teaching uor vehicles (urgent operational requirement) like husky, jackal, mastiff foxhound etc quite challanging but occasionaly miss field units and doing that sort of job how long are you based out in germany?

EVERYWHERE
Old 09-02-2012, 05:29 PM   #308
SINEREOTYPE

Awesome. I've been trained to drive the Oshkosh M-ATVs and MAXXPROs, they're a lot of fun to drive but there's a whole lot of technology packed into those things! Theres a lot to learn.

I'll be stationed here in Germany for 2 years, maybe more if i like it. I deploy next June so i'll be MIA for a big chunk of my time here.
Old 07-08-2013, 12:01 PM   #309
m3sti

My Ride: 2001 M3
Bringin back an old thread, any M3 E46 owners still here in Germany?
m3sti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 07:22 PM   #310
Mazikeen

My Ride: 2006 325Ci
Anyone from Germany/Deutschland....or Service member who served in Germany?

I'm looking at buying one soon, have one lined up already. I'm selling my 325ci at the moment.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Old 12-17-2013, 04:15 AM   #311
squawk77

My Ride: 06 M3
I'll be selling a Euro spec carbon black e46 m3 (tax free for NATO, but also have German paperwork)

Looking for an e46 coupe that's +14 years old (can't import under 15 years to Canada)