E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > BMW Regional Forums > Regional Forums > NY / NJ / CT

NY / NJ / CT
Have you seen another BMW while driving around in your area? Maybe you can find their car in the E46Fanatics Garage!
NY NJ CT

If you don't have your garage setup, sign up today HERE

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-01-2013, 10:22 PM   #21
ars88

My Ride: BMW 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood516 View Post
I just came back from vacation in Virginia and brought back a bunch of works.. The way to do it now is to go with 2 cars , load up the "bait car" meet the "other car "at Taco bell or walmart ,whatever. Switch the works to other car , wait a few hrs and head home. bait car gets nailed with nothing,and Other car goes home with the works . DONE!!
LOL, I think work "works" can be interchanged with guns, drugs, hookers, etc..

ars88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 10:35 PM   #22
//Maxwelljuppercut

My Ride: e46
yeah we go to indiana and buy **** tons and not a single fvck is given
Old 07-01-2013, 11:05 PM   #23
The Thomas J

My Ride: 2002 325Cic
The NYPD has been staking out the PA border that past 3-4 years waiting for people who drive cars with NY plates to purchase works than drive them back though NJ in to NY. Once in NY they pull u over & lock ur ass up. It's such a waste of time & tax payer resorces. Last car they pulled over they busted the guy driving for having less than $400 of fire works.

Anyway people are idiots. Why wait until may, or June to go buy what you need when it's well known the cops are stakeing the joint out. Go in October or some other off month & stow it until the 4th.

Last edited by The Thomas J; 07-01-2013 at 11:05 PM.
The Thomas J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 01:19 PM   #24
frongm

My Ride: 2002 330Ci
Right, I was in the Poconos in March and hit up Phantom on the way back. Of course a PA cop was driving by just as I was leaving the parking lot. Like others have stated, go to the store, go get something to eat or take a little ride around and head home. Instead of getting back on 80 I went for a little 5 minute drive around and headed home with no problems. I have also hit the NH stores coming down from skiing. Never had any issues. Last year it was like WW3 around here with all the fireworks going off.. Happy 4th!
frongm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 02:02 PM   #25
audiquattrot

My Ride: 2005 M3, 1990 325iX
this guy was nabbed by my house in SI on Monday. The marshalls followed him from PA all the way to Staten Island!

http://www.silive.com/news/index.ssf...road_trip.html

STATEN ISLAND, N.Y. -- Two brothers from Long Island found themselves arrested on Staten Island, after fire marshals caught them transporting a load of fireworks in their SUV, authorities allege.

Francisco Abreu, 33, of Sag Harbor, and Christopher Abreu, 28, of Valley Stream, had $915.72 worth of fireworks in their 2005 Nissan Pathfinder when marshals pulled them over on Fahy Avenue in Graniteville -- not far from the Richmond Avenue exit of the Staten Island Expressway -- Monday afternoon.

The fireworks bore the names "Demolition," "Brink of Disaster," "Real Steel," "Corruption," "No Escape," "Fire Island," "Magic Ball" and "Colossus," according to court papers.

A marshal had watched the duo load up the fireworks at a TNT SuperCenter in Easton, Pa., and followed them back to New York, where it's illegal to possess fireworks, according to court papers.

"Fireworks are illegal and dangerous. The fire marshals will aggressively pursue anyone either selling or using fireworks," said Chief Fire Marshal Robert Byrnes. "There are many professional fireworks shows available for the public's safe viewing."

The Abreus are both charged with misdemeanor unlawful dealing with fireworks, according to information from District Attorney Daniel Donovan's office.

It's the second significant fireworks bust since Thursday, when police used a warrant to search the 21 Lyle Court home of Anthony Saporito, 20, and found a stash authorities say he was hoping to sell for $1,000. Police also found seven ounces of marijuana, authorities allege.

Authorities have been cracking down on illegal fireworks possession in the run-up to the Fourth of July since 2005, when residents complained about "war zone" conditions on their streets. The NYPD is encouraging Staten Islanders to call its fireworks hotline -- anonymously -- or email any information regarding the use, sale or storage of the holiday explosives
Old 07-08-2013, 03:29 PM   #26
Cobra

My Ride: '00 328i & '06 R6S
^ good call, gentlemen. i've heard from several people that they saw cops staking out places. glad i didn't go through with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleBear View Post
Cobra, you must be kidding. Hippies are way more libertarian. NYC is run by a bunch of Gordon Gecko type prissy mama's boys. Hippies wouldn't let cops tell you to empty your pockets & then let them arrest you for publicly displaying your bacalola.
Bloomberg a hippie...!?! This used to be a fun town....

Murf

PS: Don't forget to vote.
true, i wasn't sure how else to describe politicians who ban everything that can accidentally be seen as "dangerous"; fireworks, guns, soda over 16oz, etc. it definitely used to be a fun town, now it's run by cronies. regarding voting- not much to vote for when your choices are douche, and turd sandwich.