E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Political Talk

Political Talk
You may discuss anything regarding politics in this forum ONLY. If you cannot respect others opinions, your access to this forum will be removed.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-09-2013, 03:56 PM   #21
'busa
Registered User
 
'busa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: FL
Posts: 1,465
My Ride: E90 335i (sold)
Rush Limbaugh has a brother?!
__________________
'busa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 08:08 PM   #22
bimmerfan08
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Hampton Roads, VA
Posts: 4,890
My Ride: Phoenix Yellow M3
Here's the question I have about a government backed healthcare system. Costs are supposed to go down in theory based off the fluff politicians are spooning the public, but what about the increased costs to oversee and manage such a program? All the new government positions that will have to be created to ensure such a system runs "effectively" and "efficiently".

What exactly is the $1.1 trillion covering over the next few years?

Quote:
ObamaCare Cost for The Federal Government
Obamacare's net cost is estimated to be $1.1 trillion. This number is an updated estimate by the Congressional Budget Office (CBO) 2012. However, a number of factors including taxes, fees and penalties will reduce the federal deficits by $210 billion over the 2012-2021 period.

Gross additional costs of ObamaCare include $1.5 trillion for Medicaid, the Children's Health Insurance Program (CHIP), as well as tax credits and other subsidies for the ObamaCare exchanges and small businesses, among other things. These costs are offset by penalty payments, health care cost cuts, new health care industry taxes, and a new excise tax on high-premium insurance plans.

If you want to know more about the cost of ObamaCare check out the CBO Budget 2013-2014 or our resources page for more official documents detailing ObamaCare's costs and how they fit into the US budget..
http://obamacarefacts.com/costof-obamacare.php
__________________
"Economics cannot answer such normative or prescriptive questions about how much of our market incomes, if any, should be transferred to poor families. This is a political question that can only be answered at the ballot box, or in some countries, at the point of a gun."

Last edited by bimmerfan08; 07-09-2013 at 08:20 PM.
bimmerfan08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 08:29 PM   #23
Lair
E46Fanatic
 
Lair's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Council housing
Posts: 320
My Ride: 330ciC
We're going to pay for it with Iraqi oil.
__________________

Quote:
Are you following him?

Yes.
Congratulations.
Lair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 07:42 AM   #24
casino is no lie
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: CDT
Posts: 76
My Ride: M54B30
If anyone should be blamed... it's Bush and the Republican Party. Think about it... had they not done such a terrible job no one would have voted in enough Democrats into power to get the bill going and eventually passed.
__________________
casino is no lie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 08:05 AM   #25
Lair
E46Fanatic
 
Lair's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Council housing
Posts: 320
My Ride: 330ciC
Quote:
Originally Posted by casino is no lie View Post
If anyone should be blamed... it's Bush and the Republican Party. Think about it... had they not done such a terrible job no one would have voted in enough Democrats into power to get the bill going and eventually passed.
And they're doing it again now.
__________________

Quote:
Are you following him?

Yes.
Congratulations.
Lair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 08:45 AM   #26
Cabrio330
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Smyrna
Posts: 127
My Ride: 2005 330cic ZHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by casino is no lie View Post
If anyone should be blamed... it's Bush and the Republican Party. Think about it... had they not done such a terrible job no one would have voted in enough Democrats into power to get the bill going and eventually passed.
As a conservative, I can readily acknowledge there is a lot of truth to this statement. We would probably disagree about what Bush, et al did poorly, but the point still valid. The same point is valid about the 2010 elections - R's won because of the terrible job Obama and the D's were doing.

The same point would have been true about the 2012 election if the IRS weren't useful idiots to the Democrat party. Discuss among yourselves!
Cabrio330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 08:46 AM   #27
evolved
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Saint Louis, MO
Posts: 816
My Ride: 2011 BMW 135i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabrio330 View Post
As a conservative, I can readily acknowledge there is a lot of truth to this statement. We would probably disagree about what Bush, et al did poorly, but the point still valid. The same point is valid about the 2010 elections - R's won because of the terrible job Obama and the D's were doing.

The same point would have been true about the 2012 election if the IRS weren't useful idiots to the Democrat party. Discuss among yourselves!
@ blaming the IRS as the sole reason the R's lost in 2012
__________________

Present
2011 BMW 135i - BSM
Past
2006 Mazdaspeed 6 GT, 2000 BMW 323ci, 2003 Evolution VIII, 1995 Nissan 240sx w/ SR20DET

E46Sig
evolved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 09:27 AM   #28
2000_328CI
DK Jack Sparrow
 
2000_328CI's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Isla de Muerta | DC/VA
Posts: 29,023
My Ride: 328Ci | Range Rover
Send a message via AIM to 2000_328CI Send a message via MSN to 2000_328CI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabrio330 View Post
As a conservative, I can readily acknowledge there is a lot of truth to this statement. We would probably disagree about what Bush, et al did poorly, but the point still valid. The same point is valid about the 2010 elections - R's won because of the terrible job Obama and the D's were doing.

The same point would have been true about the 2012 election if the IRS weren't useful idiots to the Democrat party. Discuss among yourselves!
Waves come and go on the heels of failures from their opposition. But to say that Obamacare is the result of W's shortcomings is comical. Sure Obama gained "supreme power" and had the ability to pass anything he wanted because of the difficulties at the end of W's political career... but that doesn't presume that he pushed Obama's hand to sign his affordable healthcare act (signing each letter with a different pen none the less).

Sorry but Obamacare will go down in history squarely on the shoulders of its namesake. You watch, as this becomes a bigger and bigger clusterf*ck, it will be quickly relabeled ACA in hopes of removing the tie to the dems.
Quote:
Originally Posted by evolved View Post
@ blaming the IRS as the sole reason the R's lost in 2012
Many reasons but I'd still put a huge emphasis on Candy Crowleys lie during the debates. She's far too intelligent to have "mistakenly" defended Obama and, if you ask me, this was a massive shift in the momentum. Keep in mind the wave of support gained after the first debate and the likely continued support of Romney had this comment not derailed Romney



Candy later came out and said she was incorrect and that Romney was correct... sorry but a "correction" buried in the papers doesn't remove the sting created by this blast. This changed the course of the debates going forward.
__________________

Everything you need to know on muffler deletes : http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=745244

Last edited by 2000_328CI; 07-10-2013 at 09:29 AM.
2000_328CI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 09:30 AM   #29
casino is no lie
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: CDT
Posts: 76
My Ride: M54B30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabrio330 View Post
The same point is valid about the 2010 elections - R's won because of the terrible job Obama and the D's were doing.
Too little too late Republicans! You were our only hope at stopping Obamacare and you let down all the American people by sucking so hardcore at your job at the time.
__________________
casino is no lie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 09:49 AM   #30
2000_328CI
DK Jack Sparrow
 
2000_328CI's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Isla de Muerta | DC/VA
Posts: 29,023
My Ride: 328Ci | Range Rover
Send a message via AIM to 2000_328CI Send a message via MSN to 2000_328CI
Quote:
Originally Posted by casino is no lie View Post
Too little too late Republicans! You were our only hope at stopping Obamacare and you let down all the American people by sucking so hardcore at your job at the time.
Your trolling is at an all time high.
__________________

Everything you need to know on muffler deletes : http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=745244
2000_328CI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 10:00 AM   #31
casino is no lie
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: CDT
Posts: 76
My Ride: M54B30
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000_328CI View Post
Your trolling is at an all time high.
You trolled yourself by voting for Bush two times.
__________________
casino is no lie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 10:02 AM   #32
evolved
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Saint Louis, MO
Posts: 816
My Ride: 2011 BMW 135i
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000_328CI View Post


Many reasons but I'd still put a huge emphasis on Candy Crowleys lie during the debates. She's far too intelligent to have "mistakenly" defended Obama and, if you ask me, this was a massive shift in the momentum. Keep in mind the wave of support gained after the first debate and the likely continued support of Romney had this comment not derailed Romney


Candy later came out and said she was incorrect and that Romney was correct... sorry but a "correction" buried in the papers doesn't remove the sting created by this blast. This changed the course of the debates going forward.
I think there was a huge momentum shift when Romney insulted 47% of the country to impress a relatively small room of the mega-rich. If the R's could field a proper team they wouldn't have a problem....ESPECIALLY in the last election cycle, but they can't seem to groom the proper talent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000_328CI View Post
Your trolling is at an all time high.
He married and knocked up a far right republican, he has to vent somewhere
__________________

Present
2011 BMW 135i - BSM
Past
2006 Mazdaspeed 6 GT, 2000 BMW 323ci, 2003 Evolution VIII, 1995 Nissan 240sx w/ SR20DET

E46Sig
evolved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 10:08 AM   #33
2000_328CI
DK Jack Sparrow
 
2000_328CI's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Isla de Muerta | DC/VA
Posts: 29,023
My Ride: 328Ci | Range Rover
Send a message via AIM to 2000_328CI Send a message via MSN to 2000_328CI
Quote:
Originally Posted by evolved View Post
I think there was a huge momentum shift when Romney insulted 47% of the country to impress a relatively small room of the mega-rich. If the R's could field a proper team they wouldn't have a problem....ESPECIALLY in the last election cycle, but they can't seem to groom the proper talent.



He married and knocked up a far right republican, he has to vent somewhere
Romney's 47% comment was dumb... no doubt. But it wasn't the comment, but rather the media's obsession and continued distortion of it that hurt Romney. Sometimes the truth hurts and I think a lot of Americans heard that comment, looked at themselves, and then vilified the messenger when they didn't like what they saw in the mirror.

We have a gross expansion (continued to this day) of the welfare state and its only going to get worse and worse. Dems can continue to empty the treasury's pockets to win elections (through bribes and a more comfortable safety net) but being done at the detriment of the nation.

Teach a man to fish, he feeds himself for a lifetime.

Give a man a fish, he comes back the next day. Give him two fish the following day and he'll expect a surf and turf by the week's end. We can't afford it.. especially in the wake of the vilification of the producers.
__________________

Everything you need to know on muffler deletes : http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=745244
2000_328CI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 10:13 AM   #34
'busa
Registered User
 
'busa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: FL
Posts: 1,465
My Ride: E90 335i (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000_328CI View Post
Romney's 47% comment was dumb... no doubt. But it wasn't the comment, but rather the media's obsession and continued distortion of it that hurt Romney. Sometimes the truth hurts and I think a lot of Americans heard that comment, looked at themselves, and then vilified the messenger when they didn't like what they saw in the mirror.
How was the comment distorted?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000_328CI View Post
Teach a man to fish, he feeds himself for a lifetime.
Are you saying you support increased funding for education?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000_328CI View Post
Give a man a fish, he comes back the next day. Give him two fish the following day and he'll expect a surf and turf by the week's end. We can't afford it.. especially in the wake of the vilification of the producers.
Easy, Galt.
__________________

Last edited by 'busa; 07-10-2013 at 10:13 AM.
'busa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 10:17 AM   #35
phrozen06
NA V8
 
phrozen06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: 3927'33"N 7758'04"W
Posts: 7,513
My Ride: E46, E92 M3, R32 VW
Send a message via Yahoo to phrozen06
Quote:
Originally Posted by 'busa View Post

Are you saying you support increased funding for education?
Private not public
__________________

S65: 4.0 Liter, V8, 414 hp @8,300 rpm, 295 lb/ft @3900 rpm, 445 lb, DOHC, 12:1 C/R, crankshaft 44 lb, wet sump.
2 oil pumps,double vanos variable valve timing, EMS: MSS60, 8 electronically controlled individual throttle butterflies.
4 valves per cylinder, cracked trapezoidal connecting rods, brake energy regeneration. Ion-flow combustion monitoring.

phrozen06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 10:20 AM   #36
2000_328CI
DK Jack Sparrow
 
2000_328CI's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Isla de Muerta | DC/VA
Posts: 29,023
My Ride: 328Ci | Range Rover
Send a message via AIM to 2000_328CI Send a message via MSN to 2000_328CI
Quote:
Originally Posted by 'busa View Post
Are you saying you support increased funding for education?
Additional funding is the LAST thing needed in public education in this country. The removal of the unions, instituting qualified individuals, and removing the joke that is tenure is a solid start. The area I grew up in has some of the most prestigious private high schools in the nation. And the county spends more per student for the public experience than the parents do for their children's high end private education. That's pathetic (especially when comparing the caliber of the educations and experiences). And it has nothing to do with funding.
__________________

Everything you need to know on muffler deletes : http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=745244
2000_328CI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 10:45 AM   #37
evolved
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Saint Louis, MO
Posts: 816
My Ride: 2011 BMW 135i
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000_328CI View Post
Romney's 47% comment was dumb... no doubt. But it wasn't the comment, but rather the media's obsession and continued distortion of it that hurt Romney. Sometimes the truth hurts and I think a lot of Americans heard that comment, looked at themselves, and then vilified the messenger when they didn't like what they saw in the mirror.

We have a gross expansion (continued to this day) of the welfare state and its only going to get worse and worse. Dems can continue to empty the treasury's pockets to win elections (through bribes and a more comfortable safety net) but being done at the detriment of the nation.
The infamous 47% has been dissected dozens of times on this forum, and yet you still don't understand it.
__________________

Present
2011 BMW 135i - BSM
Past
2006 Mazdaspeed 6 GT, 2000 BMW 323ci, 2003 Evolution VIII, 1995 Nissan 240sx w/ SR20DET

E46Sig
evolved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 10:46 AM   #38
'busa
Registered User
 
'busa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: FL
Posts: 1,465
My Ride: E90 335i (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000_328CI View Post
Additional funding is the LAST thing needed in public education in this country.
What is needed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000_328CI View Post
The removal of the unions, instituting qualified individuals, and removing the joke that is tenure is a solid start.
That will teach people to fish?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000_328CI View Post
The area I grew up in has some of the most prestigious private high schools in the nation. And the county spends more per student for the public experience than the parents do for their children's high end private education.
We should all attend private schools?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000_328CI View Post
That's pathetic (especially when comparing the caliber of the educations and experiences). And it has nothing to do with funding.
What does it have to do with?

You think teacher unions are the reason why education is not doing well? What does "instituting qualifying individuals" even mean? What will removal of tenure do?
__________________
'busa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 10:46 AM   #39
'busa
Registered User
 
'busa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: FL
Posts: 1,465
My Ride: E90 335i (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by evolved View Post
The infamous 47% has been dissected dozens of times on this forum, and yet you still don't understand it.
It's the private schooling.
__________________
'busa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 10:49 AM   #40
evolved
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Saint Louis, MO
Posts: 816
My Ride: 2011 BMW 135i
Quote:
Originally Posted by 'busa View Post
It's the private schooling.


I went to private schools and I'm able to comprehend the matter, so it's got to be something else. CogDis, maybe?
__________________

Present
2011 BMW 135i - BSM
Past
2006 Mazdaspeed 6 GT, 2000 BMW 323ci, 2003 Evolution VIII, 1995 Nissan 240sx w/ SR20DET

E46Sig
evolved is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Censor is ON





All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:37 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use