E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > BMW Regional Forums > Regional Forums > Southeast

Southeast
Have you seen another BMW while driving around in your area? Maybe you can find their car in the E46Fanatics Garage!
AR AL GA FL KY LA MS NC SC TN

If you don't have your garage setup, sign up today HERE

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-09-2013, 09:15 AM   #141
glhx

My Ride: 2002 BMW 330ci
My car right now. Not going to make that one
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	112.1 KB
ID:	515579  
glhx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 03:45 PM   #142
2lgt2qt

My Ride: 325i
Any body from TN?

Quote:
Originally Posted by glhx View Post
My car right now. Not going to make that one
Throw some donuts on her and roll!

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

2lgt2qt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 03:46 PM   #143
2lgt2qt

Any body from TN?

Im still part of a decent sized bmw group in atlanta. Ill be meeting up with them in Tennessee to continue a caravan there, just a fyi, plenty of bimmers to roll with

Old 07-09-2013, 09:21 PM   #144
glhx

Been down since march.

Drive shaft
Shocks
Abs module
Steering guibo
Drive shaft. Guibo
Full respray paint job
Valve cover gasket
Full besian vanos kit
Grom audio..................and on and on and on
Old 07-27-2013, 03:26 PM   #145
bhbeisel

My Ride: M3 convertible
I am recommending we go to Land Between The Lakes, just north of Dover TN. I have driven this route many times and love the twists and turns. Ft Henry road and the south half of the Woodlands Trace National Scenic Byway make a great drive thru some of the most beautiful woodlands you will find. We could meet in Dover and there are several ways to return to where each person started from. Fall is not far away and when the oak trees change this would add to the scenery.
bhbeisel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 10:10 PM   #146
ikeupinya
Stay modded my friends!!!

My Ride: shalt not be riced!!
^^^I'm down!!! From Fort Campbell so I would start from Dover...what date do you have in mind???
Old 07-29-2013, 06:11 PM   #147
bhbeisel

No date in mind, interested in what would work for everyone interested. I may just have to pick a date and see who shows. I drove it yesterday and the weather was perfect. It would be nice to work in a connected activity. No one else has replied so it may just be the two of us. I am interested in others that have interest in sharing on our cars and our plans for them.
Old 07-29-2013, 07:55 PM   #148
MiniD

My Ride: E46 ZHP, E90 330i
Harper's Cars and Coffee, August 18th, at West Town Mall (8AM) is going to be huge!
MiniD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 08:02 PM   #149
bhbeisel

A little more info on the location required. Knoxville?
Old 07-29-2013, 10:05 PM   #150
ikeupinya

Also Nashville's Exotic Cars & Coffee this Saturday, August 3rd from 8-10:30am at the Cool Springs Carmike Theater parking lot in Franklin.
Old 07-30-2013, 08:55 PM   #151
ikeupinya

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhbeisel View Post
No date in mind, interested in what would work for everyone interested. I may just have to pick a date and see who shows. I drove it yesterday and the weather was perfect. It would be nice to work in a connected activity. No one else has replied so it may just be the two of us. I am interested in others that have interest in sharing on our cars and our plans for them.

I would love to drive through LBL with its fall colors so when would it be the ideal time, middle September??? It would also be awesome if we can get more Fanatics in for this LBL fall drive!!!
Old 07-31-2013, 07:24 AM   #152
MiniD

Quote:
A little more info on the location required. Knoxville?
Yes, Knoxville at West Town Mall.

https://www.facebook.com/events/667800566570342/
Old 07-31-2013, 09:06 AM   #153
bhbeisel

late september/early october best for fall colors.
Old 08-02-2013, 05:55 PM   #154
ikeupinya

Quote:
late september/early october best for fall colors.
Ok I can wait until then...

Anybody going to Cars & Coffee tomorrow in Nashville???

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikeupinya View Post
Also Nashville's Exotic Cars & Coffee this Saturday, August 3rd from 8-10:30am at the Cool Springs Carmike Theater parking lot in Franklin.
Old 08-02-2013, 05:58 PM   #155
matrix0099

My Ride: BMW E46 328ci 1999
sorry!!
matrix0099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 06:00 PM   #156
matrix0099

My Ride: BMW E46 328ci 1999
dear all i am facing a problem with my BMW E46 the fuel pump just broke down and i bout a new one Pump & the Gage when i adjusted to the tank i faced a problem with the Fuel Gage it didn't goes up???
I tried so many times to take out the Fuel pump out from the tank and see whether i adjusted in a wrong way but, the same wrongheadedness:.
In the first time i adjusted the fuel pump it works for 3 days and then it stuck on the 1/4 and every time i put gasoline it goes to the full, after few days either it is empty or full it will remain on 0

What i should do????

please help if any one has any idea

thank you
matrix0099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 06:45 PM   #157
indoafro

My Ride: 325ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by matrix0099 View Post
dear all i am facing a problem with my BMW E46 the fuel pump just broke down and i bout a new one Pump & the Gage when i adjusted to the tank i faced a problem with the Fuel Gage it didn't goes up???
I tried so many times to take out the Fuel pump out from the tank and see whether i adjusted in a wrong way but, the same wrongheadedness:.
In the first time i adjusted the fuel pump it works for 3 days and then it stuck on the 1/4 and every time i put gasoline it goes to the full, after few days either it is empty or full it will remain on 0

What i should do????

please help if any one has any idea

thank you
clean the gage inside the fuel tank...you should can pul it out..check the gage if its damaged or not...
indoafro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 10:30 PM   #158
glhx

There are 2 sending units that work together. The fuel pump itself has a gauge built into it. On the drivers side is another gauge by itself. Keep in mind.......it's not a matter of..............the drivers side gauge controls one half of the gauge on the dash and the passenger side controls the other side. It doesn't work that way. They literally work together at the same time at all times.

There is also a siphon built into the tank. The tank is separated into 2 parts. The driver side tank is sucked dry when the passenger side gets too low. This is always constant and the fuel pump pumping gas to the engine creates a vacuum that causes this. This siphon has to have a good seal.
Go to www.realoem.com and type in your vin.....you will see an exploded view of what the fuel system looks like
The way you deal with the gauge problem.......the fuel we use today has sulphur in it. The cheaper gas you use the more sulphur it contains. Higher end gas also has cleaners built into it. Especially premium fuel. You can suplement this by adding techron to your tank as directed to help clean the system.

Then clean the gauge of the sulphur deposits....get a tooth brush and some electrically safe solvent.....the kind of stuff used to clean the maf sensor. You will see the slider on the sending unit become shiny again. Be gentle with it and the cleaning of it. Right now the sending unit is making contact with the sulphur build up instead of the slider on the gauge. When BOTH sides are shiny and clean.....they will once again work together and the gauge should show correctly.

.........on another note...get bmw scanner 1.4.0 on a lap top. There is a gauge test in there that will sweep the gauge and give you indication if it is the gauge itself. You need that software anyway for everything. It is the first thing you should purchase when you buy your car. You can also refer to your OBC. Your obd2 will need the special cable. You have one port under the dash. The main one is near the drug bin and is circular

Last edited by glhx; 08-08-2013 at 10:11 AM.
Old 08-08-2013, 08:12 AM   #159
MiniD

Knoxville guys:

We are having a big meet up before Cars and Coffee at Chic Fila in Turkey creek at 7:15-7:30 on the 18th. We have like 15 + cars confirmed as of right now.
Old 08-18-2013, 06:48 AM   #160
2lgt2qt

Any body from TN?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiniD View Post
Knoxville guys:

We are having a big meet up before Cars and Coffee at Chic Fila in Turkey creek at 7:15-7:30 on the 18th. We have like 15 + cars confirmed as of right now.
Im running a little late. Which part of parking lot will you all park?