E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum

Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum
Have all your A/V and electronics questions answered here. Ipods, A/V, Radar Detectors Oh My!
Sponsored by Bavarian Soundwerks

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-07-2009, 09:47 PM   #1
BruceRee
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: California
Posts: 45
My Ride: BMW 330i
Sirius Antenna - Where to get online?

I've just purchased a Sirius OEM receiver unit used. Where can I get the antenna for it? 2nd Gen Sirius unit...PN 65120398140
BruceRee is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 07-07-2009, 10:08 PM   #2
sna77
OEM ///Member
 
sna77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: MA
Posts: 7,706
My Ride: BMW
You'll want to get it at a dealer as it has a special FAKRA connector that isn't standard...

Great prices at www.getbmwparts.com from Tischer BMW

Antenna # 65200034887
Mounting bracket: 84110141976

The mounting bracket is only used if you have the CD changer / Nav prep on the trunk side. Otherwise you need to be creative to mount the unit (or just toss it behind the carpet)

Sirius in the mounting kit:

Last edited by sna77; 07-07-2009 at 10:10 PM.
sna77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 11:20 PM   #3
BmwAudio32
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Columbia, SC
Posts: 657
My Ride: 2004 Imola 330i ZHP
Non-standard FAKRA? I never noticed that. My OEM antenna was ruined when the cable got severed accidentally, and I replaced it with a terk mini-XM antenna (works fine for SIRIUS). I didn't have any problems with the connector.
BmwAudio32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 02:50 AM   #4
BruceRee
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: California
Posts: 45
My Ride: BMW 330i
Awesome, I'll get that antenna from Tischer. As far as the sirius receiver mounting bracket, if the one I'm getting doesn't have one, is there a place to purchase an appropriate bracket for 2001 330i (without the NAV, ipod, etc)...sirius only?
BruceRee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 05:50 AM   #5
sna77
OEM ///Member
 
sna77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: MA
Posts: 7,706
My Ride: BMW
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceRee View Post
Awesome, I'll get that antenna from Tischer. As far as the sirius receiver mounting bracket, if the one I'm getting doesn't have one, is there a place to purchase an appropriate bracket for 2001 330i (without the NAV, ipod, etc)...sirius only?
do you have the trunk setup as show above with the brackets etc? You can have them w/o having Nav etc
sna77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 06:02 AM   #6
sna77
OEM ///Member
 
sna77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: MA
Posts: 7,706
My Ride: BMW
Quote:
Originally Posted by BmwAudio32 View Post
Non-standard FAKRA? I never noticed that. My OEM antenna was ruined when the cable got severed accidentally, and I replaced it with a terk mini-XM antenna (works fine for SIRIUS). I didn't have any problems with the connector.
some of the generic ones dont come w/any FAKRA connections at all... Easiest to just get the OEM cable IMO--its evolved (really small now) and is about the same price...
sna77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 08:40 AM   #7
BmwAudio32
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Columbia, SC
Posts: 657
My Ride: 2004 Imola 330i ZHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by sna77 View Post
some of the generic ones dont come w/any FAKRA connections at all... Easiest to just get the OEM cable IMO--its evolved (really small now) and is about the same price...
Hmm, I may need to look into that. I liked the look of the OEM antenna better and it did get slightly better reception than the Terk one i'm running now. I remeber I had a hard time tracking down a place that had the OEM antenna in stock before.
BmwAudio32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 11:07 AM   #8
tom @ eas
european auto source
 
tom @ eas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: SoCal
Posts: 12,585
My Ride: e92 S/C M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceRee View Post
I've just purchased a Sirius OEM receiver unit used. Where can I get the antenna for it? 2nd Gen Sirius unit...PN 65120398140
We have the correct antennas here with the mustard-colored fakra connectors:

Sirius Satellite Radio Roof Mount Antenna
http://www.europeanautosource.com/pr...roducts_id=379

This are a bit smaller than the BMW versions (both manufactured by Terk) and offer the same reception strength.
tom @ eas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 12:04 PM   #9
Halston@BSW
Sponsor
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 1,900
My Ride: E30 X5 TJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom @ eas View Post
We have the correct antennas here with the mustard-colored fakra connectors:

Sirius Satellite Radio Roof Mount Antenna
http://www.europeanautosource.com/pr...roducts_id=379

This are a bit smaller than the BMW versions (both manufactured by Terk) and offer the same reception strength.

This is the antenna I would use
__________________
Halston Pitman
rhp@bavsound.com | ext. 104

BSW | Audio Solutions for YOUR BMW
www.bavsound.com | 404-963-8857



iPod Integration | Plug & Play Speakers | Subwoofer Solutions | Satellite Radio | HD Radio | Bluetooth
Halston@BSW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 02:16 PM   #10
sna77
OEM ///Member
 
sna77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: MA
Posts: 7,706
My Ride: BMW
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom @ eas View Post
We have the correct antennas here with the mustard-colored fakra connectors:

Sirius Satellite Radio Roof Mount Antenna
http://www.europeanautosource.com/pr...roducts_id=379

This are a bit smaller than the BMW versions (both manufactured by Terk) and offer the same reception strength.
This antenna:


is bigger than the new one that i got from BMW... I have the one same one as above in my car, and my wife's car has the newer, smaller antenna that I listed the part # of...

Tom's right--no difference in reception, a few cm in size difference...
sna77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 08:19 AM   #11
sna77
OEM ///Member
 
sna77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: MA
Posts: 7,706
My Ride: BMW
Here is antenna from BMW, part # 65200034887. Sorry for the crummy pic--camera phone indoors...

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0155 [].jpg
Views:	874
Size:	87.3 KB
ID:	322712  
sna77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 12:05 PM   #12
Arby1028
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 399
My Ride: 2002 330i Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by sna77 View Post
This antenna:


is bigger than the new one that i got from BMW... I have the one same one as above in my car, and my wife's car has the newer, smaller antenna that I listed the part # of...

Tom's right--no difference in reception, a few cm in size difference...
Bump! ^ I have this antenna/connector and get the dreaded "acquiring signal" much more often than I should. Anyone have an idea on what this part number is and where to get it???

Last edited by Arby1028; 06-04-2013 at 12:09 PM.
Arby1028 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 06:23 AM   #13
Simmy69
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Hawaii
Posts: 6
My Ride: 2006 M3
Sirius Antenna - Where to get online?

Where are you guys putting the antenna for the best reception? Thanks


Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Simmy69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 11:52 AM   #14
tom @ eas
european auto source
 
tom @ eas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: SoCal
Posts: 12,585
My Ride: e92 S/C M3
Still have about 15 of these antennas left in stock - they've been NLA for quite some time from Sirius.

Once they're gone, they're gone for good.

Last edited by tom @ eas; 06-05-2013 at 11:53 AM.
tom @ eas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 02:47 PM   #15
Simmy69
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Hawaii
Posts: 6
My Ride: 2006 M3
Sirius Antenna - Where to get online?

Bump. Still looking for the best location to put the antenna for quality reception. Thanks


Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Simmy69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 09:00 AM   #16
sna77
OEM ///Member
 
sna77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: MA
Posts: 7,706
My Ride: BMW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmy69 View Post
Bump. Still looking for the best location to put the antenna for quality reception. Thanks


Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

Outside the car.
sna77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 01:48 PM   #17
Simmy69
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Hawaii
Posts: 6
My Ride: 2006 M3
Sirius Antenna - Where to get online?

Just where outside the car?



Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Simmy69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 07:28 AM   #18
sna77
OEM ///Member
 
sna77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: MA
Posts: 7,706
My Ride: BMW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmy69 View Post
Just where outside the car?



Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
I'm sure the roof would give you the least amount of interference.
sna77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 07:44 PM   #19
AUr6
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Fort Walton Beach, FL
Posts: 3
My Ride: 2005 330i ZHP
I get the same "acquiring signal" message all the time too. Will a new antenna fix the problem?

tom@eas, I'll snag one from you if you still have some... if y'all think this will fix it.
Thanks.
AUr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 09:18 PM   #20
tom @ eas
european auto source
 
tom @ eas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: SoCal
Posts: 12,585
My Ride: e92 S/C M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by AUr6 View Post
I get the same "acquiring signal" message all the time too. Will a new antenna fix the problem?

tom@eas, I'll snag one from you if you still have some... if y'all think this will fix it.
Thanks.
Possibly, if the antenna is defective.

Got your PM, replying.
tom @ eas is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Censor is ON





All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:55 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use