E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum

Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum
Have all your A/V and electronics questions answered here. Ipods, A/V, Radar Detectors Oh My!
Sponsored by Bavarian Soundwerks

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 164 votes, 4.98 average.
Old 07-11-2013, 11:13 PM   #2181
WilliamLD

My Ride: 01' Bmw 330ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by pish180 View Post
Overall I'm much happier with this unit over stock but it has issues and I'm quite certain they are all software related. It would be really nice if they came out with a software update that we could run on the D99 units... even if its at a cost. I get the infamous POP sound when Bluetooth switches back to Radio (scared the crap out of me, jerked the car the first few times). The USB doesn't work properly on my Android Razr Maxx HD, it rapidly blinks "USB connection detected" at the top of my phone and I am unable to do anything with it. End of apple cable from unit is cheap, my casing around the apple cable broke apart, now I have exposed wires and no "lock".

I looked on your website and I see:
iGo Primo Navigation Program

The screen shots are completely differ than my current Navi system on the D99. Did they update the software?

Enhancement requests:
Streaming Bluetooth audio (new unit)
XM Radio and Traffic Updating (new unit)
Software update for D99 unit.
Better phone interface (software update)
Eliminate POPing noise between screen transitions (most likely software update)
Enable audio to be played while in Reverse (or at least an option to enable/disable). (software update)
Better quality cables (New unit)
Better Navigation program. It takes some horrible routes and there is really no way to change them (software update)
This would be great, but I doubt they will update many of these items any time soon. Unless someone has insight on this, I would imagine we will have to work this latest unit. That is def. not to say it is bad, but could use some your requested items.
WilliamLD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 12:01 PM   #2182
jeffb325@NavigationSolutions
J&T Distributing

My Ride: BMW
Some of those items the unit does.....not sure what you are missing? And yes, there are some different nav programs out there, WE sell OURS with a licensed copy of iGo Primo now, there have been a few different nav programs over time....

LATEST DYNAVIN INFO: http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=1044105
DYNAVIN FAQ:http://www.jandtdistributing.com/pages/faq-links
///AVIN INFO: http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=1015704
TO BUY http://jandtdistributing.com
jeffb325@NavigationSolutions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 04:17 AM   #2183
elfer

My Ride: 2004 330Ci
My V5 no longer seems to bring up the factory hidden menu. I always used to be able to get it by long pressing 9 on the remote whilst in Aux mode. But I'm getting no joy now. Any ideas? I've fitted a new battery to the remote and confirmed it works by using it to do other stuff like change sources.

Background: I've had the V5 about 2.5 years. Have always been able to access the factory menu in the past. A few days ago, I had to disconnect the car battery for a few hours. On reconnection, I followed my usual post -battery-disconnect procedure of powering up the Dynavin to set my preferences: Button Clicks and Brake to 'Off' in the Settings menu and 'Amp' to 'None' in the hidden menu. Only the hidden menu wouldn't come up. Changed the remote battery for a new one and verified the remote works as above. Only thing I could think of is I have a standalone aux source feeding composite video to Aux-in, which I didn't have when I first installed the head unit, so I disabled that by pulling its fuse. But still no factory hidden menu.

Anyone out there have any suggestions before I pull the whole unit out and disconnect the RCA lead from video Aux-in? And if that doesn't work, then what?

Last edited by elfer; 01-14-2014 at 07:02 AM. Reason: clarity
elfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 05:08 AM   #2184
elfer

Quote:
Originally Posted by elfer View Post
My V5 no longer seems to bring up the factory hidden menu. I always used to be able to get it by long pressing 9 on the remote whilst in Aux mode. But I'm getting no joy now. Any ideas? I've fitted a new battery to the remote and confirmed it works by using it to do other stuff like change sources.

Background: I've had the V5 about 2.5 years. Have always been able to access the factory menu in the past. A few days ago, I had to disconnect the car battery for a few hours. On reconnection, I followed my usual post -battery-disconnect procedure of powering up the Dynavin to set my preferences: Button Clicks and Brake to 'Off' in the Settings menu and 'Amp' to 'None' in the hidden menu. Only the hidden menu wouldn't come up. Changed the remote battery for a new one and verified the remote works as above. Only thing I could think of is I have a standalone aux source feeding composite video to Aux-in, which I didn't have when I first installed the head unit, so I disabled that by pulling its fuse. But still no factory hidden menu.

Anyone out there have any suggestions before I pull the whole unit out and disconnect the RCA lead from video Aux-in? And if that doesn't work, then what?
:tumbleweed:
Old 01-22-2014, 04:46 PM   #2185
elfer

Just to update in case anyone having the same problem gets here via a search:

Pulling the unit and disconnecting the Video-in RCA didn't solve the mystery of the non-appearing setup menu.

So I'm still stuck with a unit that's attenuating it's output because it thinks I've got a factory installed amplifier when I haven't.
Old 01-22-2014, 05:15 PM   #2186
J&T Distributing

maybe try reinstalling the units firmware?

Last edited by jeffb325@NavigationSolutions; 01-22-2014 at 05:16 PM.
Old 01-23-2014, 03:49 AM   #2187
elfer

Many thanks for the suggestion, Jeff

I found the firmware here dynavin freeforums thread and I'll give it a go later today.
Old 01-28-2014, 09:34 PM   #2188
aznbeayst

My Ride: TiAg M3 Vert
Send a message via AIM to aznbeayst
Quote:
Originally Posted by elfer View Post
Many thanks for the suggestion, Jeff

I found the firmware here dynavin freeforums thread and I'll give it a go later today.
Have you tried this yet?

Also, anyway we can get a hold of the latest iPrimo software? My unit doesn't even load navi anymore, just freezes
Old 01-30-2014, 03:50 AM   #2189
elfer

Quote:
Originally Posted by aznbeayst View Post
Have you tried this yet?
Actually, no, I haven't. I downloaded that firmware but stopped short of flashing it. After reading the whole of that thread I decided against it. Subsequent discussion therein indicated there could be control issues with the official DVB-T tuners after flashing, and there followed a post from our very own jeffb325 cautioning against trying firmware found on the internet. I don't have the DVB-T tuner myself, nor do I envisage ever wanted one in a car, but the point was taken. I'm going to hold off until I've exhausted all other options, at least. It's occurred to me that I could try using another remote control, if I can track one down.

Last edited by elfer; 01-30-2014 at 04:32 AM.
Old 03-24-2014, 09:03 AM   #2190
alanwt1949

My Ride: 130i
Android sound volume larger than Windows CE

Just installed the DVN-E8X D99+ Android. Everything works fine except when switching from Windows CE to Android, the volume is a lot louder than Windows CE even tuning to minimum sound.

Any idea?
alanwt1949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 10:31 AM   #2191
J&T Distributing

There are specific volume controls within android for its various features, set all those as you like, make sure you have the Navi Sound setting in the radio settings menu set such that the overall volume is controlled by the volume knob.

Old 05-01-2014, 10:27 PM   #2192
Foxington

My Ride: 330i
Having a lot of trouble with a D95 that the prior owner installed:

-There's a microusb to usb port in the glovebox, but it's not reading any usb I plug in.

-My android phone refuses to interface with the system when it's plugged in.

-I can't get the trunk mounted CD cassette to eject at all.

Does anyone know this system well? There's no user manual and it feels like I'm shooting in the dark trying to make this work.