E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > DIY: Do It Yourself

DIY: Do It Yourself
Post here to share or improve your wrench turning skills! All BMW E46 DIY tips, tales, and projects discussed inside. Learn to work on your car and know the right BMW parts you will need!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 01-12-2007, 03:00 AM   #81
Mikaly

My Ride: TiAG 323i on 19s
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dev View Post
I have mine and still haven't installed it yet after a year. LOL!
Same here!

Mikaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 11:49 AM   #82
bimmer jon

My Ride: M3(Sold),2005 645ci
what actually controls the signal to the alarm siren? is there an alarm computer?

reason why I am asking is because I remember the early e39 5 series and 7 series, when they locked or unlocked the car, the arm and disarm sound sounded like the alarm when it was triggered only toned down and slightly slower. it sounded cool actually.

i was actually suprised when i got the alarm kit and saw it was just sensors. i was expecting it to have some kind of control module for the alarm.

B l a c k . S a p p h i r e . M e t a l l i c . 6 4 5 c i
bimmer jon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 03:33 PM   #83
kasun

My Ride: 2001 E46 330ci
From what I understand I need a 3 wire shock sensor to complete this DIY.

Red - (positive terminal in the battery)
Black - (Ground)
Green/Blue or the third wire - (Pink wire running to the hood sensor)

Question is, what sensor do I buy and where do I buy it from?
kasun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 10:54 PM   #84
haurelio

My Ride: 2001 bmw 325i
i believe this is the one. http://www.amazon.com/Install-Essent...s=shock+sensor
haurelio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 08:06 PM   #85
kasun

Just giving you guys a heads up..

I installed an Audiovox shock sensor in today. I took the power from the battery, grounded it and sliced the trigger wire to the pink wire that runs into the hood sensor. The sensor works (I can see the lights on the sensor go on and off when i tap the car) BUT my siren no longer works. I don't know whats up with that. Tomorrow i'm going to open her up and see whether there is a lose connection somewhere, ill be sure to post my findings.

I know that my alarm works because whenever the alarm is triggered my blinkers & lamps start flashing but it doesn't sound the siren anymore. Before installing the sensor my alarm beeped every time i locked and unlocked the car, and of course now it doesn't.

I went from trying to make my alarm smarter to having nothing at all.. This is just a heads up..
Old 07-16-2012, 12:50 AM   #86
kasun

I don't know what was wrong with it but I was able to fix it..

I took off the siren and plugged it back in and boom everything started working again..
I'm still trying to get the shock sensor to work tho, I cant seem to trigger the alarm, hopefully my shock sensor isn't messed up.
Old 07-11-2013, 04:50 PM   #87
trj

My Ride: 325Ci
Bumping the old thread.
Exactly what kind of shock sensor is needed?
Searching for single stage 3 wire shock sensor doesnt really give much to look for.
I can find a lot of dual stage 4 wire sensors over ebay though.

Some advice on what is needed or how to use the dual stage sensors.
Old 07-12-2013, 02:27 AM   #88
shannon1

My Ride: 2001, 318i
I'm interested as well. I got one off ebay a while back and its turned out to be peice of junk and hardly ever work unless I seriously grab a guard and rock the car really hard.

shannon1 is offline   Reply With Quote