E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Classifieds > Buyer/Seller Feedback Forum

Buyer/Seller Feedback Forum
Post your positive or negative feedback about transactions with members here.

Old 07-13-2013, 02:04 PM   #1
DonaldE

My Ride: 2002 330i
ECS Fail

Ordered 275 dollars worth of parts (still had to pay shipping). One bumper brackets was on back order so it was supposed to ship out Monday. Fine by me. Instead of getting the right parts before shipping, they just throw in this obviously incorrect part (part number not even close nor does it remotely resemble the opposing side bracket) and it arrived on my step today. I get that you wanted to seem fast. But come on. Any pair of eyes could see that I can't fix my sagging bumper with these.
Click image for larger version

Name:	1373738384124.jpg
Views:	229
Size:	45.8 KB
ID:	516200
Notice the incredible size difference?
And then there's the awesome bag that it came in, that you clearly peeled off the correct part number and slapped this one on there as if I wouldn't notice?
Click image for larger version

Name:	1373738538029.jpg
Views:	217
Size:	54.1 KB
ID:	516201
Come on guys. Please fix this.

I'm sorry for the rant, but I feel slighted.

Jet Black 2002 BMW 330i
Swapped M3 Interior
OEM Style 71s
Dropped on Koni/Vogtland
Locked/Loaded/Loud

DonaldE
DonaldE is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 07-13-2013, 02:38 PM   #2
FenderGuy05
OEM ///Member

My Ride: 2002 BMW 325i
I order quite a bit from ECS, they seem to be the only vendor with certain odd parts/knick knacks. That's pretty disappointing.

The biggest frustration I have with ECS is that fact that you always have to pay shipping, no matter what. Drives me crazy, I stick to BMA and OEMBimmerparts as much as possible.
Old 07-13-2013, 02:48 PM   #3
Patton323I

My Ride: R1100GS E46 E53
I've never had a problem with ECS, I would give them a call to sort it out.
Old 07-13-2013, 02:54 PM   #4
bmwguyNC

My Ride: 02 325i orient blue
Send a message via AIM to bmwguyNC
ECS does not stock many parts. They make their money by third party. You order from them, they order from someone else, product comes in 3 to 5 days then they ship to you. Have you guys that order strange parts notice it takes about 5 days to get it! Lowers their cost of maintaining a large inventory of some things they would never sell to anyone else! Their prices are high enough they could have already included the shipping in the item price (lol). I order from them as a last resort! And this is not to slam them just some FYI.
bmwguyNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 02:59 PM   #5
stevenluczynski

My Ride: Is Steel Blue<3
ECS Fail

Instead of making a thread whining, why not contact them. I'm sure they will send you the correct part.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Old 07-13-2013, 03:01 PM   #6
Blueandwhite85

My Ride: E46
While I'll be the first one to admit that ECS' shipping is downright horrid, they are usually spot on for me. Sorry to see this happened, hope they do you justice.

Last edited by Blueandwhite85; 07-13-2013 at 03:03 PM.
Blueandwhite85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 03:05 PM   #7
orb

My Ride: Coupè
Ordered from them plenty of times without incident. I like how easy their website is to navigate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjpgolf1 View Post
The e46 M3 is by far the most boring and worst M3 that BMW has made to date.
orb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 03:13 PM   #8
Tangent_

My Ride: '01 330i
Re: ECS Fail

They did something similar to me too. Ordered the BMW e46 cf strut brace and they sent the e90 one. Because they ignored my emails and were so hard to reach by phone they'd sold out of the e46 one by the time I got to talk to anyone. As a bonus they expected me to pay to ship back their mistake. This was part of a roughly $1,600 order, the least they could have done was send a call tag.

EDIT: Got a couple of PMs from James who's gonna see what he can do to make things right when I place my next order. This simple contact and effort to do something is really all I ask and is why I'll use them again now. Mistakes happen. Fixing them happens too seldom these days and it's good to see that ECS is making that effort.

Last edited by Tangent_; 07-15-2013 at 03:22 PM.
Tangent_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 03:40 PM   #9
Alex323Ci

My Ride: M3 & 323Ci (sold)
that's a BMW parts tag/label. it appears they just sent you what was the correct pn labeled bag from BMW. but BMW had it labeled incorrectly from their parts warehouse.
I've had the same thing happen from the BMW dealership. Wrong part in correctly label box/bag. at this point it doesn't look like its directly a mistake of ECS, but rather BMW who they get the part from. :dunno:
Old 07-13-2013, 04:18 PM   #10
jdny516

My Ride: E39 ///M5
I've had hit or miss orders with ECS. Great site, great pictures with detail. But they don't usually stock anything in their shop/warehouse/place of business. That's why I order from turner which houses basically everything. If it says in stock you'll get it within a couple days.
National Capital Chapter #465420
2000 ///M5 ///M Registry
Oxford Green Metallic II (430) | Caramel Nappa Leather (M3CR) | BMW Individual Black Birch |
Tuning Tech Frank Smith Tune
TTFS IAT Kit
TTFS Alpha N
SuperSprint Headers
SuperSprint X-Pipe
Eisenmann Race 4x83mm
DINAN Front Strut Brace
Storm Motorwerks Products

My Progress Thread

2000 323Ci | TiAg | Gray | 5MT | SOLD

Last edited by jdny516; 07-13-2013 at 04:19 PM.
jdny516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 07:47 PM   #11
jgold47

My Ride: 2004 X5 3.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdny516 View Post
I've had hit or miss orders with ECS. Great site, great pictures with detail. But they don't usually stock anything in their shop/warehouse/place of business. That's why I order from turner which houses basically everything. If it says in stock you'll get it within a couple days.
Strange. I've been ordering from the exclusively for almost 3 years. 99/100 its perfect, however, I just had an issue with side marker lights they shipped me for my e36. Same concept, part number printed on the box. Their internal ECS tag was clearly covering up the correct ECS number, and they shipped me two right side lights.

Having said that, they were very responsive, and if I would just get off my ass and go take pictures of the box, they would sort it out. I've got them installed upside down, because lazy!

my about me link
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=791566

Last edited by jgold47; 07-13-2013 at 07:47 PM.
jgold47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 09:51 PM   #12
DonaldE

My Ride: 2002 330i
Re: ECS Fail

I'm not that upset anymore. I posted in hopes they might see it over the weekend since the customer service is closed over the weekend. It just seems like a silly mistake that shouldn't have happened. The part said on the website that it was out of stock. So they knew they sent the wrong part. You'd have to have your eyes closed to not know you're sending the wrong part

Jet Black 2002 BMW 330i
Swapped M3 Interior
OEM Style 71s
Dropped on Koni/Vogtland
Locked/Loaded/Loud

DonaldE
DonaldE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 10:02 PM   #13
TerraPhantm

My Ride: 2005 M3 Coupe
That headlight bracket is considerably more expensive than the bumper bracket, I'm sure they'll be happy to correct the issue ;)
TerraPhantm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 10:39 PM   #14
328ci906

My Ride: 2003 M3
I have had ECS mess up one of my orders in the past, they will make it right. GL
Old 07-13-2013, 10:48 PM   #15
Patton323I

My Ride: R1100GS E46 E53
On the subject of ECS Tuning... I just priced a set of HID bulbs for the X5.... $150!!!!! That's insane!!!!
Old 07-15-2013, 08:38 AM   #16
LeMansteve

My Ride: '04 330i 6mt ZSP ZPP
Give the vendor a chance to make it right before you complain!

I have been ordering from ECS for about 4-1/2 years now. Everything from full cooling system overhaul kits to the little plastic grommets that hold on interior trim pieces. The one and only time I received an incorrect item, it was actually my fault - I ordered the wrong thing. Their selection is good and yeah it stinks having to wait a few days for some items to ship from a warehouse, but overall they are great.
Old 07-15-2013, 09:19 AM   #17
orb

My Ride: Coupè
Just ordered $250 worth of cooling system parts from them. Hope they don't fvck it up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjpgolf1 View Post
The e46 M3 is by far the most boring and worst M3 that BMW has made to date.

Last edited by orb; 07-15-2013 at 09:20 AM.
orb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 09:58 AM   #18
ECSTuning
Sponsor

My Ride: BMW
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaldE View Post
Ordered 275 dollars worth of parts (still had to pay shipping). One bumper brackets was on back order so it was supposed to ship out Monday. Fine by me. Instead of getting the right parts before shipping, they just throw in this obviously incorrect part (part number not even close nor does it remotely resemble the opposing side bracket) and it arrived on my step today. I get that you wanted to seem fast. But come on. Any pair of eyes could see that I can't fix my sagging bumper with these.

Notice the incredible size difference?
And then there's the awesome bag that it came in, that you clearly peeled off the correct part number and slapped this one on there as if I wouldn't notice?

Come on guys. Please fix this.

I'm sorry for the rant, but I feel slighted.
Donald,
You have a PM incoming from me, I'll need a little information from you to pull the order up, see what happened and get this corrected for you. In the future please keep in mind a quick PM to me can get you taken care of quickly and easily, where posts can take much longer for me to find and address, luckily in this case I ran across your post first thing this morning.

-James

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tangent_ View Post
They did something similar to me too. Ordered the BMW e46 cf strut brace and they sent the e90 one. Because they ignored my emails and were so hard to reach by phone they'd sold out of the e46 one by the time I got to talk to anyone. As a bonus they expected me to pay to ship back their mistake. This was part of a roughly $1,600 order, the least they could have done was send a call tag.

Very sorry about this, you have a PM inbound from me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDubois View Post
Just ordered $250 worth of cooling system parts from them. Hope they don't fvck it up.
PM me the email on your ECS account or the order number and I'll put it on my watch list.

-James

Have questions? Need answers? Live Chat us! 8:30am to 12:00am Midnight EST
sales@ecstuning.com | customerservice@ecstuning.com
Customer Service Hours: M - F 8:00am - 8:00pm EST | Saturday: 10:00am - 7:00pm EST
Sales Team Hours: M - F 8:00am - 11:00pm EST | Saturday: 10:00am - 7:00pm EST | 800.924.5172
Do you love surveys? Click HERE to take our Customer Satisfaction Survey!
ECSTuning is offline   Reply With Quote