E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > ///M3 Forum

///M3 Forum
The BMW E46 ///M3 is the M version E46 and puts out an amazing 333 HP and 262 lb-ft of torque at stock specs! There are an amazing amount of modifications for both the coupe and convertible models so read up and get started modifying your cars today!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-06-2013, 02:58 AM   #1
BITA02M3

My Ride: E46 M3
Just got this one 2 weeks a go.

Got me 02 M3. With a lot off work needed . Want to do everything better than stock. Allready got some h&r coilovers. Now looking for a exhaust. Thinking Agency power? Or dinan? Not sure yet. But I will let u all know. Late.

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 06-18-2013, 03:14 AM   #2
BITA02M3

Just finish the subframe fix , got pics in a album if u all want see them? Change the vanos solenoid , no more check engine light and no more po010 and po012 codes( timing retarded ) did the smog today with super clean numbers, car is coming to getter nicely. Alignment was done today as well. So the only kind of big issue is the SMG. It does not want to shift in hi rpm? Could be the gear position sensor, or there is air in the lines. Not sure . Need someone with gt1 to check it out. But don't know anyone. But I will figure it out someday. U all have a good one and be safe.
Old 06-20-2013, 05:17 PM   #3
eurodriver

My Ride: ///M
Good work BITA02M3!

Post up some pics of the subframe fix. Would like to see that.

Take care
eurodriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 05:54 PM   #4
BITA02M3

Thanks. Am trying to get it legit. Almost done , the smg is the only thing. I did put some pics in the album I can't post them on the thread , don't know how . Did the math last night with all the upgrades and fixes . So far am in it $11565, including the price of the car. But at least I know it's done and done right. Upgrades are : angel eyes, h&r super street coilovers,agency power axle back,all under the car neupren bushings, including diff and new diff cover.car sounds amazing and handles like a dream . Am very happy how it came out. (;
Old 06-20-2013, 09:02 PM   #5
eurodriver

My Ride: ///M
$11565? That's a great deal on a E46 M3. Especially now that you've put so much into to make it 100%. Glad you like the car! How does the car ride with the new bushings and the H&R coils? Is it still comfortable?

About the SMG issue, I would get it hooked up to a GT1 like you said to be sure what the issue is, but you can also try replacing the salmon colored relay. I've never had a SMG before, but I've read some threads where people have stated that replacing the relay can eradicate some problems associated with the SMG. Usually like not being able to get it out of N, or issues of similar nature.

Good luck with the ride and post some pictures whenever you can.
eurodriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 01:06 PM   #6
ScuffleDog

My Ride: M3
Nice to see one rescued and to a good home. Congrats!
ScuffleDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 02:22 PM   #7
BITA02M3

Thanks I did do a lot of work and spend good amount of $. But it's all worth it. Am not much for show off , but it feels good when strange people on the road give u tump up. And I hope I will be able to finish everything pretty soon. When I first start this project I want to cap off at 12 k. And it work out even with the subframe problem. Now it's a clean an legit car. Ps: after the suspention work the car still rides nice. But when u run over uneven road it is little bumpy.
Old 07-13-2013, 04:31 AM   #8
BITA02M3

So just rebuilt the vanos and change the exhaust hub, and intake /exhaust bolts. Posted pics in my album. Did the investment count. And went over budget a little. The total with the car is $12780. Not bad for a legit M3. With all the problems fixt. Car sounds amazing and goes like beast so happy now awesome daily. Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1373707866.613896.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	140.4 KB
ID:	516180

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

Last edited by BITA02M3; 07-13-2013 at 05:35 AM.
BITA02M3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 12:14 PM   #9
cold m3

My Ride: E46 ///M3
Grats man. Have you been doing all the work yourself much respect! what are the specs on the car and what price did you buy it at?

Photos of My ///M3
cold m3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 03:58 PM   #10
tinman831

My Ride: M3
Wow starting things off right!
tinman831 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 08:34 PM   #11
mjpgolf1

My Ride: 00 328i ZSP,05 745LI

Quote:
Originally Posted by BITA02M3 View Post
Love. M3Attachment 516324

I'm glad you are enjoying your car however posting a picture of you driving way too fast is not an acceptable thing to do here. You are driving around with your traction control off and your service engine soon light on at 160 mph and taking your hand off the wheel to snap the picture. Sorry but I'm not impressed and its a stupid and immature thing to do. I know this isn't the response you were looking for but grow up and you are lucky you didn't wreck your car and hurt someone.

mjpgolf1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 09:06 PM   #12
BITA02M3

Am with u on everything You wrote. It was just a thing at the moment. And no check engine light. It's washer fluid. This car is built better than stock, and i been driving race cars for years. But you are right about the street think. Am not making you, so please dont take this the wrong way . If u like you can take the photo off ,I try. Thanks for your input and i promise no more stupid s**t. Have realy good eavning.

Old 07-14-2013, 09:17 PM   #13
mjpgolf1

My Ride: 00 328i ZSP,05 745LI

Quote:
Am with u on everything You wrote. It was just a thing at the moment. And no check engine light. It's washer fluid. This car is built better than stock, and i been driving race cars for years. But you are right about the street think. Am not making you, so please dont take this the wrong way . If u like you can take the photo off ,I try. Thanks for your input and i promise no more stupid s**t. Have realy good eavning.

I applaud you for at least admitting to your mistake. That goes a long way being able to man up and say it was a stupid thing to do. I understand you have experience driving race cars as I have also done a ton of high performance driving/racing schools and have a lot or track time however one of the most important things that they taught me was that racing only belongs on the track where it is a controlled environment. The problem isn't necessarily your driving skills but its your surroundings. Things can happen that are out of your control like an animal running into the road or even a person crossing that doesn't realize how fast you are coming up on them. Once again I appreciate your admitting that it was wrong and I know you are excited about havin your M, but please don't risk the lives of others and your own life as well doing things like that. If you really have experience racing then you should know better. Have a good night and drive carefully.

Last edited by mjpgolf1; 07-14-2013 at 09:17 PM.
mjpgolf1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 09:55 PM   #14
Hardmotorsport
Past Site Sponsor

Congrats man!

Hardmotorsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 10:09 PM   #15
BITA02M3

Thank you.

Old 07-21-2013, 01:47 AM   #16
Westrace

My Ride: 06 G35, 04 M3 Coupe
Quote:
So the only kind of big issue is the SMG. It does not want to shift in hi rpm? Could be the gear position sensor, or there is air in the lines. Not sure . Need someone with gt1 to check it out. But don't know anyone. But I will figure it out someday. U all have a good one and be safe.
Could be compression springs.
Westrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 12:06 PM   #17
m3e46freak

My Ride: e46/bike/Airplane?
Exhaust is a must no doubt, I recommend
BB(Billy Boat), Scorza(real scorza), El Diablo...

Google them, and get your car into tip top maintenance shape.

2004 JB / Cinnamon SMG - NAV - Heated Seats
Sonic Tuning Spacers 15mm
Alcantara Wheel/Boot/Pillars
BMC filter
Carbon Fiber: Doors/Seat Back/Trim/Paddles
Scorza muffler
CSL Bumper/Trunk
ST Coilovers

m3e46freak@yahoo.com for outside contacting
m3e46freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 01:24 PM   #18
BITA02M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westrace View Post
Could be compression springs.
It could be. I bought the gear posetion sensor, and the springs. Just need to get to it. I let u know when I doit. If that was the issue.