E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > ///M3 Forum

///M3 Forum
The BMW E46 ///M3 is the M version E46 and puts out an amazing 333 HP and 262 lb-ft of torque at stock specs! There are an amazing amount of modifications for both the coupe and convertible models so read up and get started modifying your cars today!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-20-2013, 09:44 PM   #1
mojtro

My Ride: M3 2002 smg
F1 tuning bad choice?

I just got home from a car show. I was offered a good deal on an F1 tuning. The first few times I hit the gas the car accelerated very well and quickly. The third time I tried accelerating the car lost power but came back on in seconds. When the power comes back on it immediately shifts down to second or third while the revs go up, reaching red line on the RPM scale. I had to shift up quick in order to not damage the engine. During a 1 hr drive this happened 6 times. Any thoughts or suggestions? Is there something that can be done to fix this glitch or should I just have them remove the tuning? which tuning is most recommended? Thanks for the help.

Last edited by mojtro; 07-20-2013 at 10:14 PM.
mojtro is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 07-21-2013, 01:58 PM   #2
mojtro

Well it turns out d problem had nothin to do with tuning. It was a short create by d battery metal holder touching d positive pole. But I still like to hear opinion about f1tuning and which tuning u guys recommend for 02 m3 smg?
Old 07-21-2013, 02:10 PM   #3
cold m3

My Ride: E46 ///M3
There are only a few good tuners for the s54. search on m3forum.

(I went with evolve, they have cool options for smg also)

Photos of My ///M3
cold m3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 11:21 AM   #4
mojtro

Will check thanks
Old 07-25-2013, 01:59 AM   #5
Feuerbach

My Ride: E46 M3
Evolve for street, epic for track...
Feuerbach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 01:38 AM   #6
dlara01

My Ride: chevy
Re: F1 tuning bad choice?

I just got a tune on my 05 M3 E46 smg from jailbreak tuning. Rw hp went from 275 to 300. You can go in person or via email. I went in person and watched how they did the magic. Car runs strong with increased power coming on earlier and staying on longer. Going to Laguna Seca end of the month can't wait.

Sent from my SCH-I905 using BimmerApp mobile app
dlara01 is offline   Reply With Quote