E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > The Showroom

The Showroom
This is the place to show off your BMW to other members of the community. Post pictures and videos of your car and the modifications you have done to it. If you need a picture of something on a coupe, sedan, convertible or touring you will probably find it here!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 07-17-2013, 02:47 PM   #601
helmutm3

My Ride: 04 m3
Quote:
Originally Posted by illestminimike View Post
I had the same problem with the throttle sensors. It was annoying as fvck. Always putting my sh1t in limp mode.

I just had that happen to me also....... Luckily on my Jeep not the BMW. The car would only run on WOT otherwise it would bog and die. So the drive home was interesting to say the least. Scanned it and viola : throttle position sensor.
Old 07-17-2013, 02:51 PM   #602
helmutm3

My Ride: 04 m3
Oh. OP , I have been coming across your car on line now and then and stalking this thread. I never oficially gave you a compliment on your car. So here it goes : Mr RcSummers, Your car is freaking amazing and I love it.
Old 07-17-2013, 03:19 PM   #603
rcsummers

My Ride: M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by helmutm3 View Post
I just had that happen to me also....... Luckily on my Jeep not the BMW. The car would only run on WOT otherwise it would bog and die. So the drive home was interesting to say the least. Scanned it and viola : throttle position sensor.
Quote:
Originally Posted by helmutm3 View Post
Oh. OP , I have been coming across your car on line now and then and stalking this thread. I never oficially gave you a compliment on your car. So here it goes : Mr RcSummers, Your car is freaking amazing and I love it.
yeah, doesnt make sense to me, and what makes it worse. To replace the rear sensor you have to remove the entire airbox, and the clamps for the airbox are one time use....

hahahah, dont know what i found that so funny. But thanks!!!!
Old 07-22-2013, 11:03 AM   #604
rcsummers

never seen my car rolling before

http://www.facebook.com/video/embed?...01078765876349

thanks to elliot and mr lee on the way home from bimmerfest.

Last edited by rcsummers; 07-22-2013 at 11:04 AM.
rcsummers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 05:37 PM   #605
rcsummers

some stancenation shots from bimmerfest east.

and just a random Primo-Lifestyle picture i found from the Nutley car show that was in may.

Old 07-23-2013, 06:07 PM   #606
Grinchxvx

My Ride: 2001 M3, 1998 M3
RCSummers 2004 ///M3 SMG

Your car was on stance nation!

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Grinchxvx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 07:48 PM   #607
rcsummers

more bimmerfest pictures. courtesy of Justin J Images.

Old 07-31-2013, 01:09 PM   #608
rcsummers

Crappy iphone picture time!!!

and the worst feeling ever. every day, in and out of my driveway. Lip to fender. OUCH!!

Last edited by rcsummers; 07-31-2013 at 01:09 PM.
Old 07-31-2013, 01:36 PM   #609
Properstyle

My Ride: 2002 SMG M3
time for stiffer springs
Old 07-31-2013, 02:17 PM   #610
rcsummers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Properstyle View Post
time for stiffer springs
hahaha

i said the same thing to my gf last night night, as i pulled in the drive way. might have to make the bump up to a 14kg/mm front and 16or18kg/mm rear. but on the inside i just wait to wait it out that much longer so I can just pull the trigger on Broadway Statics.
Old 07-31-2013, 02:27 PM   #611
ChrisRedmon

My Ride: 2002 PY ///M3
Don't get me wrong, the car looks great.

Assuming you have mediocre roads.....is it just awful to try and navigate through them lowered that much? Im lowered about 1.2" And for MD that's pushing it....
2002 Phoenix Yellow E46 M3 l 6MT l Nappa l Nav l STG Coilovers 7k/8k l BMW Performance SSK l OEM ZCP's l Kirk Roll Bar l Motorsport Hardware l Besian Systems l CSL/GTR Carbon Fiber Hood, Trunk & Diffuser l Status Gruppe Sec. 3 l Custom Rear Brace l Rear Seat Delete l Coby Wheel Products

ChrisRedmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 02:28 PM   #612
Properstyle

BWS all the way, My sets just got to the house last week. do it right do it once lolll
Old 07-31-2013, 03:00 PM   #613
rcsummers

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisRedmon View Post
Don't get me wrong, the car looks great.

Assuming you have mediocre roads.....is it just awful to try and navigate through them lowered that much? Im lowered about 1.2" And for MD that's pushing it....
oh its a total PITA, most of the roads around here are pretty decent, but its still a constant battle to avoid holes/manhole covers. and speed bumps, dont get me started on them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Properstyle View Post
BWS all the way, My sets just got to the house last week. do it right do it once lolll
exactly, but im impatient, and springs + an alignment is easier. but then again, i want broadways soooooo bad.

Ill probably get springs to hold me over for the rest of this season, then over the winter make the upgrade, along with a full suspension overhaul.

Last edited by rcsummers; 07-31-2013 at 03:02 PM.
Old 07-31-2013, 10:58 PM   #614
Properstyle

right now they havea like a 2 weeks wait call them up they have a sets in stock right now
Old 08-01-2013, 02:39 AM   #615
ode_joy

My Ride: E46 318td Compact
Can't you simply poke it a little more?
My X5 wheels do the same in my car... :x

ode_joy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 11:58 PM   #616
Moosecakes

My Ride: 02' SMG M3
God damnit, everytime I click this thread I have to wipe my drool off my chin. Your car is honestly my top 3 favorite M3's ever Rich. I would not change a damn thing but maybe throw a BBK behind those meisters and dear god I'd be in heaven. Keep it up man!
Old 08-06-2013, 10:31 AM   #617
rcsummers

Quote:
Originally Posted by ode_joy View Post
Can't you simply poke it a little more?
My X5 wheels do the same in my car... :x
haha ill think about it, the front could use a 3-5mm spacer, and i have a 5mm on the rear now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moosecakes View Post
God damnit, everytime I click this thread I have to wipe my drool off my chin. Your car is honestly my top 3 favorite M3's ever Rich. I would not change a damn thing but maybe throw a BBK behind those meisters and dear god I'd be in heaven. Keep it up man!
i wish, lets just say that my meisters are soo far from BBK friendly, i only have about 5mm of clearance between the spoke and my stock caliper.

Last edited by rcsummers; 08-06-2013 at 10:32 AM.
Old 08-06-2013, 10:40 AM   #618
ode_joy

My Ride: E46 318td Compact
I use 10mm at front and 13mm at the back, but a little more poke wouldn't be bad at all...

Regarding BBK, is due to step-up lip on Work Meisters. The center is always smaller on those wheels comparing to a monoblock set.

ode_joy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 10:59 AM   #619
rcsummers

Quote:
Originally Posted by ode_joy View Post
I use 10mm at front and 13mm at the back, but a little more poke wouldn't be bad at all...

Regarding BBK, is due to step-up lip on Work Meisters. The center is always smaller on those wheels comparing to a monoblock set.
its not even clearance there on the sides b/c of the step lip, the back of the spoke is like 5mm away from the front (what you see on the caliper) of the caliper.
Old 08-06-2013, 11:10 AM   #620
rcsummers

also some minor updates.

repainted my front hubs black, so they dont stick out like a sore thumb.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

took the meisters off for a few days, to run stockies. I lost a wheel weight so they were shaking, and I also gave them a thorough cleaning.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I never take any pictures of my interior, so here you go. its filthy i know.

ill be returning to this area to take more pictures when the lighting is better, AKA day time.

Last edited by rcsummers; 08-06-2013 at 11:23 AM.