E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > ///M3 Forum

///M3 Forum
The BMW E46 ///M3 is the M version E46 and puts out an amazing 333 HP and 262 lb-ft of torque at stock specs! There are an amazing amount of modifications for both the coupe and convertible models so read up and get started modifying your cars today!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-22-2013, 11:55 AM   #21
braymond141
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Oakhurst, Ca
Posts: 1,755
My Ride: 96 M3, 98 M3, 01 M5
Quote:
Originally Posted by choxor View Post
Yeah, but it's a regular production color. If you're patient you WILL find one sold by someone not trying to inflate the price. If you're willing to pay more for something like that then more power to you. I would not.
As Alan has tried to make clear to everyone, there are no production numbers and your opinion is manure. How many LSB cars were made to back up your statement Choxor?
__________________


Central California BMW Parts Swap
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1526941747526167/
braymond141 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 12:04 PM   #22
choxor
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 4,465
My Ride: JDM
Quote:
Originally Posted by braymond141 View Post
As Alan has tried to make clear to everyone, there are no production numbers and your opinion is manure. How many LSB cars were made to back up your statement Choxor?
Bro, I've seen my fair share of LSB's in the flesh here in Atlanta. So the only opinion that's manure here is your opinion about my opinion. And your argument is stupid. You and I both know they don't release those numbers. However, that lack of data makes your argument about how rare they are worthless as well. I'm going off personal experience. I've seen them. They're not rare. The entire damn first shipment of M3s were LSB. It's a regular production color. Get over it. People who are trying to get more for it are feeding off suckers.

By the way, I leatheriqued my interior last week. How you like me now?
__________________

Last edited by choxor; 07-22-2013 at 12:15 PM.
choxor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 12:06 PM   #23
Steezy
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Chicago
Posts: 198
My Ride: 2004 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan View Post
Zero premium. Don't let sellers blow sunshine up your skirt. Some LSB/PY folks want to believe that its a rare color. It isn't
/thread
__________________
Steezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 01:23 PM   #24
taylor192
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: The Best Place on Earth
Posts: 1,690
My Ride: 2003.5 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by morningisbad View Post
I've seen one other M3 in the two years I've had mine. Maybe 3 M5's.
I saw 3 this morning on my way to work, 4 parked at the beach yesterday, and ///MPowerd on the way to the beach.

Just depends where you live.
__________________
taylor192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 02:03 PM   #25
braymond141
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Oakhurst, Ca
Posts: 1,755
My Ride: 96 M3, 98 M3, 01 M5
Quote:
Originally Posted by choxor View Post
Bro, I've seen my fair share of LSB's in the flesh here in Atlanta. So the only opinion that's manure here is your opinion about my opinion. And your argument is stupid. You and I both know they don't release those numbers. However, that lack of data makes your argument about how rare they are worthless as well. I'm going off personal experience. I've seen them. They're not rare. The entire damn first shipment of M3s were LSB. It's a regular production color. Get over it. People who are trying to get more for it are feeding off suckers.

By the way, I leatheriqued my interior last week. How you like me now?
BMW doesn't release those numbers? Says who? Let's hope the E46 M3 numbers get released too.
http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=422607
http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=418615
http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=427857
http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=418105
http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=438039
http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=418170


Good for you on Leatherique. You enjoy that.
__________________


Central California BMW Parts Swap
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1526941747526167/

Last edited by braymond141; 07-22-2013 at 02:06 PM.
braymond141 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 02:12 PM   #26
choxor
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 4,465
My Ride: JDM
Yes, I hope they do. I want to see how many in my color were produced.
__________________
choxor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 06:44 PM   #27
Breezy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: CA
Posts: 151
My Ride: LSB M3, saab 900s
rare or not, I like mine
__________________
Breezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 06:56 PM   #28
morningisbad
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Onalaska, WI
Posts: 555
My Ride: E46 M3 Vert
Re: LSB premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by taylor192 View Post
I saw 3 this morning on my way to work, 4 parked at the beach yesterday, and ///MPowerd on the way to the beach.

Just depends where you live.
Haha! I probably don't even see that many BMW's (in ANY form) in a week! I'm one of a small handful of ///M's in town!

My town sucks...
__________________
"When makin' a questionable decision, sometimes the only way to find the answer is to shut your eyes & mash the pedal to the metal, you guys."
-Karl Welzein
morningisbad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 03:56 AM   #29
TerraPhantm
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Mountain Top
Posts: 5,942
My Ride: 2005 M3 Coupe
LSB itself isn't that rare. LSB/anythingotherthangray is rare. I couldn't find one when I was buying, and I was willing to spend a good bit of money.

You might be best off looking for a black interior to swap in after the fact
TerraPhantm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 04:02 AM   #30
imolazhp_ci
Registered User
 
imolazhp_ci's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: new york city.
Posts: 2,579
My Ride: metro.
EAG has grotesquely inflated prices on all their cars. also, they post asking prices. they never tell you an actual sale price. that's not a real comp.
__________________
2005 Imola Red 330Ci ZHP- SOLD
2006 Sebring Silver S2000- SOLD :(
2007 Silver Gray M Coupe- SOLD :'(
imolazhp_ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 10:13 AM   #31
braymond141
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Oakhurst, Ca
Posts: 1,755
My Ride: 96 M3, 98 M3, 01 M5
Quote:
Originally Posted by imolazhp_ci View Post
EAG has grotesquely inflated prices on all their cars. also, they post asking prices. they never tell you an actual sale price. that's not a real comp.
We already know what the cars sell for because they don't really negotiate on price (only repeat customers I hear and it isn't much).
__________________


Central California BMW Parts Swap
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1526941747526167/
braymond141 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 11:21 AM   #32
imolazhp_ci
Registered User
 
imolazhp_ci's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: new york city.
Posts: 2,579
My Ride: metro.
Quote:
Originally Posted by braymond141 View Post
We already know what the cars sell for because they don't really negotiate on price (only repeat customers I hear and it isn't much).
i offered $28,500 on a $34,700 car once and they accepted. Didn't end up buying... but that proves your argument isn't accurate.
__________________
2005 Imola Red 330Ci ZHP- SOLD
2006 Sebring Silver S2000- SOLD :(
2007 Silver Gray M Coupe- SOLD :'(
imolazhp_ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 11:24 AM   #33
braymond141
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Oakhurst, Ca
Posts: 1,755
My Ride: 96 M3, 98 M3, 01 M5
Quote:
Originally Posted by imolazhp_ci View Post
i offered $28,500 on a $34,700 car once and they accepted. Didn't end up buying... but that proves your argument isn't accurate.
This was off information others have provided as noted by I hear. I'm sure there are rules to the exception (like what year this occurred), but if you follow most of the buys from enthusiasts, the repair work EAG does, and then the flip... Not all their margins are huge.

At any rate... I'm working with Martin (MMMGP) to get all the E46 M3 production numbers. Might have an answer today actually.
__________________


Central California BMW Parts Swap
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1526941747526167/

Last edited by braymond141; 07-23-2013 at 11:27 AM.
braymond141 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 11:40 AM   #34
theOSUbob
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Cleveland
Posts: 348
My Ride: LeMans Blue E46 M3
Send a message via Skype™ to theOSUbob
Any car is worth what someone is willing to pay for it. I know I overpaid when I got my LeMans Blue M3 (by somewhere around $1000-1500) a few years back because I fell in love with the color.

Is it worth to you to pay the extra money to have LSB? Then go for it, and don't let someone tell you that you made a mistake by "overpaying" for your car.
theOSUbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 11:42 AM   #35
Steezy
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Chicago
Posts: 198
My Ride: 2004 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by theOSUbob View Post
Any car is worth what someone is willing to pay for it. I know I overpaid when I got my LeMans Blue M3 (by somewhere around $1000-1500) a few years back because I fell in love with the color.

Is it worth to you to pay the extra money to have LSB? Then go for it, and don't let someone tell you that you made a mistake by "overpaying" for your car.
Le Mans Blue is individual, LSB is not. You payed a premium for a reason.
__________________
Steezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 06:55 PM   #36
theOSUbob
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Cleveland
Posts: 348
My Ride: LeMans Blue E46 M3
Send a message via Skype™ to theOSUbob
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steezy View Post
Le Mans Blue is individual, LSB is not. You payed a premium for a reason.
I realize that. I was just speaking to the more general "if you want a color enough to spend extra on it, then it is worth it." Individual or not.
theOSUbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 10:58 PM   #37
6spd_legend
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: everywhere
Posts: 360
My Ride: acura legend 6spd
lsb USUALLY sells for a premium, don't listen to the fools who say otherwise.
__________________
2001 LSB M3 Coupe
6spd_legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 06:39 PM   #38
Gregy617
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Boston
Posts: 159
My Ride: Dakar E46 M3
Send a message via AIM to Gregy617
Its not so much LSB sells for a premium, it is more likely that any M color sells for a Premium. So LSB being an M only color it is more desirable. The M colors imo tend to stand out more which def. make the M's more exotic looking and sexy... Esp.Dakar...lol
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	lsbanddakar.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	102.2 KB
ID:	518899  
__________________
Dakar Yellow/Black e46 M3

Last edited by Gregy617; 07-27-2013 at 06:42 PM.
Gregy617 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 07:32 PM   #39
Grinchxvx
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Salt Lake City utah
Posts: 230
My Ride: 2001 M3, 1998 M3
LSB premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregy617 View Post
Its not so much LSB sells for a premium, it is more likely that any M color sells for a Premium. So LSB being an M only color it is more desirable. The M colors imo tend to stand out more which def. make the M's more exotic looking and sexy... Esp.Dakar...lol
Lsb is nice but I think Dakar is so gross, Phoenix yellow is where it's at!


Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Grinchxvx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 08:45 PM   #40
M3noova
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Burbank, CA
Posts: 47
My Ride: LSB E46 M3
i honestly havent seen too many LSB on black... i didnt even know they existed until i bought mine
M3noova is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Censor is ON





All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:39 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use