E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > BMW Regional Forums > Regional Forums > Australia

Australia
Check out other E46Fanatics members rides in the Enthusist Directory!

If you don't have your garage setup, sign up today HERE

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 06-14-2013, 07:18 AM   #21
PME46

My Ride: E46 M3, YZF-R6
Guys I can get these through official Australian channels for way under $1800. That's way to much.

If any one is keen send me a PM and I can put you onto my source and give you a price backed with a full Australian warranty with receipts.

Im about to order one for mine.
PME46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 08:38 PM   #22
vhpete

My Ride: E46
Quote:
Originally Posted by PME46 View Post
Guys I can get these through official Australian channels for way under $1800. That's way to much.

If any one is keen send me a PM and I can put you onto my source and give you a price backed with a full Australian warranty with receipts.

Im about to order one for mine.
Sent you a PM PME46
vhpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 09:26 PM   #23
minerma1

My Ride: 325i
PME46, if thats through incarmedia I have been trying to get a warranty through them for a while as I really have had nothing but trouble with my Dynavin unit, and incarmedia just don't like to answer emails or phone calls and now they have disappeared off the net, so I'm really looking for another unit. I'm thinking if it is so hard to get warranty from these online companies I'll just get a cheapy off ebay and if it stuffs up, buy another one, and still be miles in front. If they want to charge $1800, I can get four cheapies for that price.
minerma1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 09:28 PM   #24
minerma1

My Ride: 325i
Plus those cheaper ones look like they are from the same factory anyway.
minerma1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 02:32 AM   #25
asdetail

My Ride: 2002 325ci coupe
I have an eonon d5150 just installed in my car,for the most part pretty good,i upgraded my old d5113 for Au$300 free shipping I couldn't resist it!.
I will list the pros first...
excellent ipod interface,able to select album,artist ,song, ect.(the d5113 just had one long list of songs).
Bluetooth works well,phonebook access is good,ad2p music streaming works flawlessly(the d5113 was good as well).
sound quality is very good,lightyears ahead of the stock business radio.
very easy to install,virtually "plug and play" and comes with all cables and adaptors needed.
navigation?,well that depends on the program in use,i run igo primo on mine which I have found to be about the best, eonon supplied sygic is rubbish!.

now for the cons
this model still has canbus issues, while all the steering wheel controls work well they are preset and unable to change the mapping of the buttons,the auto dimming function does not work turning on the headlights has no effect(at least not on my car).
I think the firmware may be a little unstable as I have had to do a couple of resets due to screen freezes.
The random startup screen problem that plagued the previous model is still present on this model although eonon claims to have fixed it!.
I have only had this unit in my car for a couple of days now but I had the previous d5113 unit for about 6 months.
in conclusion I think that the d5150 for AU$300 is a bargain,if you can live with its shortcomings(the dynavin is not without shortcomings either) it compares well to the d99 dynavin which will never sell at $1200 here,not when there are so many compeditors out there for less than half the price.

Hope this helps someone
asdetail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 08:38 PM   #26
PME46

Quote:
Originally Posted by minerma1 View Post
PME46, if thats through incarmedia I have been trying to get a warranty through them for a while as I really have had nothing but trouble with my Dynavin unit, and incarmedia just don't like to answer emails or phone calls and now they have disappeared off the net, so I'm really looking for another unit. I'm thinking if it is so hard to get warranty from these online companies I'll just get a cheapy off ebay and if it stuffs up, buy another one, and still be miles in front. If they want to charge $1800, I can get four cheapies for that price.
Hey mate, nah not from Incarmedia. I don't believe they are an official supplier of Dynavin anymore....could be wrong?
Old 06-16-2013, 08:48 PM   #27
PME46

PMs replied to guys.
Old 06-20-2013, 11:38 AM   #28
Pants.On.Fire

My Ride: 328ci
$1800? what a joke.
Pants.On.Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 01:16 AM   #29
SKR7

My Ride: E46 MY04.5 SMG M3
Hi guys, I'm a serial lurker and occasional poster here. I've got a 2004.5 M3 which I'm gradually bringing back to showroom condition after the previous owner more or less drove it into the ground.

I've been trying to find a solution to the 'special needs' head unit BMW have in these things. The stereo is one of the major failings of this car. Putting a double din faced single din backed head unit in the car....meh....what were they thinking.

I have been using FHRX Studio's in Caringbah to sort out the sound. They've installed mat in behind the door skins and against the cards. And also isolated the tweeter from the sub/mid range in the doors. The difference in audio is astonishing. I've discussed the Dynavin offering with FHRX and while they admit they can't recommend an alternative, without some behind dash modifications to accommodate a DD unit, they are scathing about the Dynavin's low S/N ratio and its propensity to hiss and whine. "the sound is messy, the visuals are average (at best) and the software and GUI is clunky and slow to react" And the Dynavin is the pick. I was asked not to bother bring the car in if I wanted the Eonon unit installed.
SKR7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 02:35 AM   #30
fgin

My Ride: e46 facelift
Quote:
Originally Posted by SKR7 View Post
Hi guys, I'm a serial lurker and occasional poster here. I've got a 2004.5 M3 which I'm gradually bringing back to showroom condition after the previous owner more or less drove it into the ground.

I've been trying to find a solution to the 'special needs' head unit BMW have in these things. The stereo is one of the major failings of this car. Putting a double din faced single din backed head unit in the car....meh....what were they thinking.

I have been using FHRX Studio's in Caringbah to sort out the sound. They've installed mat in behind the door skins and against the cards. And also isolated the tweeter from the sub/mid range in the doors. The difference in audio is astonishing. I've discussed the Dynavin offering with FHRX and while they admit they can't recommend an alternative, without some behind dash modifications to accommodate a DD unit, they are scathing about the Dynavin's low S/N ratio and its propensity to hiss and whine. "the sound is messy, the visuals are average (at best) and the software and GUI is clunky and slow to react" And the Dynavin is the pick. I was asked not to bother bring the car in if I wanted the Eonon unit installed.
I got an Eonon D5150 for my brother. They are probably slightly better than the dynavin in UI speed, buttons are a bit more smoother similar to the BMW OEM unit. Sound quality is exactly the same. Eonon price is unbeatable compared to the Dynavins.
Old 07-25-2013, 05:43 AM   #31
PME46

Quote:

Check out my audio build thread for updates on the dynavin with a mixture of hih end SQ gear. The dynavin will be in mine this weekend.
Old 08-05-2013, 06:59 AM   #32
aar0n_91

My Ride: 05 BMW325CI///MSport
Quote:

FHRX installed the dynavin in my car. i have the V5, buy mine so i can get a good double din HU =D

BMW 325 CI ///M-SPORT INDIVIDUAL
aar0n_91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 10:06 PM   #33
cashie

My Ride: BMW E46 320Ci
Bit disappointed that Dynavin have allowed the local Australian agent to charge exorbitant pricing for their units.
Just got quoted $1299 for a unit.
They were far cheaper with incarmedia.
I saw that incarmedia are selling left over units on eBay and I picked a new one up last week for $400, I'll play the odds when it comes to any possible warranty issues.
Dynavin, you need to set a RRP and get these guys to stick with it as it leave your potential customers wondering why they are getting ripped off (in Australia at least).
cashie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 01:36 AM   #34
Lucas@Clickable
Sponsor

My Ride: BMW
Another option are the Go Plus units we have available for $499, delivered http://clickableautomotive.com.au/go-plus-gp-7010.html
Old 09-19-2013, 09:41 AM   #35
Twichel04

My Ride: 1999 323i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucas@Clickable View Post
Another option are the Go Plus units we have available for $499, delivered http://clickableautomotive.com.au/go-plus-gp-7010.html
Do you guys sell these in the US too? I have been stuck between the Dynavin and the Eonon. I hate the price of the Dynavin, but I hate the look of the UI on the Eonon. Yours seems to have the best of both worlds, decent price and a good looking UI.

OrientBlau 323i - M3 bumper - Eibach Pro Kit - Style 63 X5 wheels - 19x9 & 19x10
Twichel04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 06:03 PM   #36
Goondaddy

My Ride: 2002 325ci
Quote:
Very tempting! IMO the new distributer for Dynavin priced themselves out of the market, and this one fills the void nicely (albeit a few less features, though all the necessary ones). Anyone have real world experience with this version?
Goondaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 07:43 PM   #37
Lucas@Clickable
Sponsor

My Ride: BMW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twichel04 View Post
Do you guys sell these in the US too? I have been stuck between the Dynavin and the Eonon. I hate the price of the Dynavin, but I hate the look of the UI on the Eonon. Yours seems to have the best of both worlds, decent price and a good looking UI.
Hey Twichel,

I'm not familiar with a supplier in the US with the GO+ units available sorry. Due to restrictions in our product liability insurance, the US is the only country we're not able to ship to (not that I think we'd be competitively priced, once shipping costs were considered) - if you decide to go Dynavin, I'd suggest supporting J & T Distributing.

Last edited by Lucas@Clickable; 09-19-2013 at 07:45 PM.
Lucas@Clickable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 07:48 PM   #38
Twichel04

My Ride: 1999 323i
Quote:
Due to restrictions in our product liability insurance, the US is the only country we're not able to ship to
Yeah that sounds about right... The US restricts EVERYTHING! I had to jump through hoops to register my Mini here. Can I get a job with you guys so I can move to Australia? I have a very good background in sales! lol

OrientBlau 323i - M3 bumper - Eibach Pro Kit - Style 63 X5 wheels - 19x9 & 19x10
Twichel04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 08:37 PM   #39
fgin

My Ride: e46 facelift
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goondaddy View Post
Very tempting! IMO the new distributer for Dynavin priced themselves out of the market, and this one fills the void nicely (albeit a few less features, though all the necessary ones). Anyone have real world experience with this version?
This in fact is a dynavin product according to the clickable link, seems it to have a generic bluetooth connector and no OBC (is useless imo if you already have the BC button on your stalk) which is what most older dynavins were, like the one Ive got in my car (from the first batch that arrived in aus) which I have had for many years without any issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twichel04 View Post
Yeah that sounds about right... The US restricts EVERYTHING! I had to jump through hoops to register my Mini here. Can I get a job with you guys so I can move to Australia? I have a very good background in sales! lol
jeffb325@DynavinSystems in the US will be able to help with dynavins. Have had a excellent service dealing with him.

Last edited by fgin; 09-19-2013 at 08:38 PM.
fgin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 09:00 PM   #40
N4NOOK

My Ride: 323ci
All Novtron (Dynavin) units are $1299 through CAM network installers.

Is even on the front cover of the latest catalogue

http://www.cam.net.au/buy-car-audio-online-cam/
N4NOOK is offline   Reply With Quote