E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Gun Talk

Gun Talk
Are you a gun fanatic as well? If so, you'll want to talk to other owners about what you own in this forum.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 03-22-2013, 07:18 PM   #81
Reedo302

My Ride: F30 328i M Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaHooch View Post
Thanks, went with the 870 supermag...turns out, some of the parts on it are not interchangeable with the 870 either oh well...only thing I want to do for now is add a tube extender...any recommendations?

Are these any good?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/390563005083...84.m1423.l2649

http://www.ebay.com/itm/151015140155...84.m1423.l2649

btw - I have a 26" barrel

TIA
Choate is a crap company in my experience. I would personally never buy anything from them. Also, don't buy any gun parts on eBay - there's a lot of chinese counterfeit and junk stuff out there.

Check out a reputable place like Brownells or MidwayUSA for components.
Here's a link to the Remington stuff on Brownell's
http://www.brownells.com/items/remin...extension.aspx

Gunfighter Training Development and Evaluation
AR15/AR10 Armorer/Advanced Armorer
Glock Armorer

Gunfighter Training YouTube Channel
Reedo302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 08:03 PM   #82
m5killa

My Ride: Sperry's
Ive been looking at a security shotgun and I handled a Cz at a gun shop, the employee said they just came out with this new model called the 612 hc-p, I was told that parts are interchangeable with the remmington 870 but I cant find any concrete evidence. Let me know what you guys think of it. Other wise its an 870 for me.

http://cz-usa.com/products/view/612HC-P/

http://www.westcoastspecialties.net/ <---- Best Body Shop in Sd
m5killa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 09:00 PM   #83
ThaHooch

My Ride: e46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reedo302 View Post
Choate is a crap company in my experience. I would personally never buy anything from them. Also, don't buy any gun parts on eBay - there's a lot of chinese counterfeit and junk stuff out there.

Check out a reputable place like Brownells or MidwayUSA for components.
Here's a link to the Remington stuff on Brownell's
http://www.brownells.com/items/remin...extension.aspx
Is Midway and Brownells the best place to buy gun accessories? I've been looking for a for a 5 or 6 round Nordic mag ext, but they are always out of stock and it seems a bit expensive...$75 extension + $45 clamp + ~$10 to ship. Any other reputable sites? Thanks

** Political sig removed **
ThaHooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 09:55 PM   #84
Reedo302

Nordic is a great company, so you're going to have to pay to play.
Otherwise, it's a matter of searching around the internet. Midway and Brownells are the two top places to go, but perhaps someone else here has an idea from past experience.

Glock Armorer

Old 04-13-2013, 12:46 PM   #85
ThaHooch

Quote:
Nordic is a great company, so you're going to have to pay to play.
Otherwise, it's a matter of searching around the internet. Midway and Brownells are the two top places to go, but perhaps someone else here has an idea from past experience.
Do you happen to know if their Remington Versamax extension would fit an 870 express? Their website has them in stock, but no option for an 870, so I was thinking they were the same, but can't get a hold of their tech support to confirm. Thanks

http://shop.nordiccomp.com/NC-Shotgu...a-12GA-EXT.htm

Old 04-13-2013, 02:53 PM   #86
Reedo302

Generally speaking, the VersaMax and 870 are not compatible. I can't say whether the Nordic part would fit or not, but until you contact them and get confirmation I would advise against it.

Glock Armorer

Old 04-13-2013, 06:43 PM   #87
ThaHooch

Thanks...guess I'll have to be patient

Old 07-26-2013, 12:20 PM   #88
SamDoe1

My Ride: Clubs baby seals
I'm looking for a beginner shotgun and have narrowed it all down to the 870, Benelli Nova (what's the difference between this and the Super Nova?), Browning BPS, and Winchester SXP. Will be used for trap/skeet and occasional hunting, will not be used for home defense although having a spare shorter barrel that I can switch easily would be a plus.

Thoughts?

Edit to add, I'm not left handed.

Last edited by SamDoe1; 07-26-2013 at 03:30 PM.
SamDoe1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 12:37 PM   #89
Jimmeh

My Ride: 335i
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamDoe1 View Post
I'm looking for a beginner shotgun and have narrowed it all down to the 870, Benelli Nova (what's the difference between this and the Super Nova?), Browning BPS, and Winchester SXP. Will be used for trap/skeet and occasional hunting, will not be used for home defense although having a spare shorter barrel that I can switch easily would be a plus.

Thoughts?
I got the Nova and I personally love it. Difference between Nova and SuperNova is the SuperNova is $100 more and it comes with a Recoil Reducer in the stock.

I can't speak for the other shotguns but my girlfriend has a Remington 887 and it doesn't compare to my Nova. I find it too big/bulky and the pump is wobbly.
Jimmeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 07:32 PM   #90
Reedo302

The most affordable option is the Remington 870, and it's good for most things. The quality is okay, but it's nothing too special. There are lots of parts for it.
The Nova and Super Nova are far superior in build quality, and they're also a lot more durable. When Benelli makes a gun, they don't screw around. In my hunting party of brothers, cousins, uncles, etc, Remingtons and Mossbergs are getting replaced by Benellis every year. They don't malfunction, even with corn stalk fibers and dirt stuck inside. You should see the crap that comes out of my Benelli after a trip to South Datoka- holy shit. But it keeps running.
The Browning BPs is a great shotgun with good quality, and the price tag to match.
Winchester shotguns have always been uninpsiring. Nothing too special in the past, and their pump shotguns in the recent past have been pretty low quality IMO. I haven't seen the SXP yet, so I can't comment on the specific model.

You ever want to go to Gander Mtn Gun Superstore or Bill's, hit me up.

Glock Armorer

Last edited by Reedo302; 07-26-2013 at 07:32 PM.
Old 07-30-2013, 06:02 PM   #91
SamDoe1

Quote:
You ever want to go to Gander Mtn Gun Superstore or Bill's, hit me up.
Invite to go gun shopping with Reedo?!?! I don't think I should pass that up. It'll be a few weeks before I can seriously put some time into this since we just got a puppy but I'll surely let you know.
Old 07-30-2013, 06:05 PM   #92
LD330XI

My Ride: '05 330xi
Re: Gun Nut Tip of the Week: Shotgun Buying 101

Aww.. I want to go too.. But my financials put a new gun out there a ways.
LD330XI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 01:57 PM   #93
SamDoe1

Snagged a 12Ga 870 Express synthetic for $329 out the door. Hopefully going to go turn little orange discs into dust this weekend.