E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Health & Fitness

Health & Fitness
Discuss any topics related to heath and fitness here.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-26-2013, 02:00 PM   #121
DylloS

My Ride: nothing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leezy321 View Post
Very true... I guess as a little side gig training housewives and soccer moms your physique wouldn't matter as much, as long as you looked "in shape". But, if you want to move onto training athletes it absolutely matters. And honestly, athletes are better to work with bcuz they have drive and the money is 1000x better! Trust me on this. It's a progression too. You start off wanting to help a few people and get them into shape. And you quickly realize the average person will gain average results,,bcuz they just don't know how to push themselves. Or they quit. Once you start working with athletes and see how quickly they adapt and gain results you'll be lured to that aspect of personal training. It's more rewarding.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Oh for sure. I definitely think that is the case.
DylloS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 02:11 PM   #122
bgsmith

My Ride: No longer an e46
Send a message via AIM to bgsmith
What you need to do is fund small groups that have similar goals/schedules/lifestyles, and then create group classes for them. That way they can take what you show them and work off each other while being trained by you.

To go back on the guy I know, because he is the only person I know that does something similar to what you want to do, he does this. He has a group of 5 cops that have a class, they all work nights so he has a 11am class for them, he has a class of their wives/girlfriends who all pretty much do nothing so thats another daytime class, he has another group thats all 9-5 guys, etc.

You definitelty have th right attitude going into this, you aren't quitting your job and opening a gym, you are starting small and treating it as a hobby that may or may not turn into something bigger.

I personally am not a fan of the whole crossfit type HIIT workout, but the idea of doing it in a group setting appeals to me, I am just pissed that the guys I know that go, do so during the day. Just another reason to look into small group sessions, you may get more people involved that way.

Last edited by bgsmith; 07-26-2013 at 02:15 PM.
bgsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 02:23 PM   #123
DylloS

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgsmith View Post
What you need to do is fund small groups that have similar goals/schedules/lifestyles, and then create group classes for them. That way they can take what you show them and work off each other while being trained by you.

To go back on the guy I know, because he is the only person I know that does something similar to what you want to do, he does this. He has a group of 5 cops that have a class, they all work nights so he has a 11am class for them, he has a class of their wives/girlfriends who all pretty much do nothing so thats another daytime class, he has another group thats all 9-5 guys, etc.

You definitelty have th right attitude going into this, you aren't quitting your job and opening a gym, you are starting small and treating it as a hobby that may or may not turn into something bigger.

I personally am not a fan of the whole crossfit type HIIT workout, but the idea of doing it in a group setting appeals to me, I am just pissed that the guys I know that go, do so during the day. Just another reason to look into small group sessions, you may get more people involved that way.
I do like this idea a lot. I have a lot to consider in the next few weeks.
Old 07-26-2013, 02:31 PM   #124
bgsmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by DylloS View Post
I do like this idea a lot. I have a lot to consider in the next few weeks.
Just think, one lone housewife might not want to come over and workout in your garage, but a her and a couple friends might.
Old 07-26-2013, 02:36 PM   #125
DylloS

Quote:
Just think, one lone housewife might not want to come over and workout in your garage, but a her and a couple friends might.
very true. I just don't want to drop a ton of money on equipment. Tax write offs?

Last edited by DylloS; 07-26-2013 at 02:37 PM.
Old 07-26-2013, 02:46 PM   #126
bgsmith

Quote:
very true. I just don't want to drop a ton of money on equipment. Tax write offs?
If you set up an LLC (costs about $100 I believe) you might be able to write off any business expenses, not sure though. This would also help if anyone ever wanted to sue you if they got hurt or anything, they couldn't go after your house or personal money.

I have a buddy that's a lawyer I can ask him any questions you might have if needed. I am just rambling thoughts from memory off here.
Old 07-26-2013, 02:48 PM   #127
MpoweredM
Wants to be Orange

My Ride: 1098S; RR Sport; CRZ
Personal training on the side. Lots of ideas and feedback needed

Quote:
If you set up an LLC (costs about $100 I believe) you might be able to write off any business expenses, not sure though. This would also help if anyone ever wanted to sue you if they got hurt or anything, they couldn't go after your house or personal money.

I have a buddy that's a lawyer I can ask him any questions you might have if needed. I am just rambling thoughts from memory off here.
Yup! Could write off a lot once you open an LLC and its a really smart idea for this. It's almost like a small insurance plan incase someone did get injured. You could write off any exercise equipment. Meals. Supplements. Etc.

Santa Hats thanks to Scott!
Click for pics of my bikes
Click for pics of my old 335
Click for pics of my old S4 avant
Click for pics of my old M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by v8 5 View Post
Constatine would of thrown his dildo at the kidnapper and proceed to cry in his closet after said kidnapper escaped.
MpoweredM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 02:53 PM   #128
DylloS

Quote:

yes please ask him

Quote:
Originally Posted by MpoweredM View Post
Yup! Could write off a lot once you open an LLC and its a really smart idea for this. It's almost like a small insurance plan incase someone did get injured. You could write off any exercise equipment. Meals. Supplements. Etc.

Could I write off my groceries and say it is to "play the part"?

Last edited by DylloS; 07-26-2013 at 02:57 PM.
Old 07-26-2013, 03:19 PM   #129
MpoweredM
Wants to be Orange

Quote:
yes please ask him

Yes. Technically they could audit it if you're doing the eating of it though. It depends on exactly how it would be written for the LLC. You could claim YOUR meals are for your job. May be tough though. Supplements and such. Those could be offered to clients. So I see no reason those would have any issues being written off.

I used to write of Gas expense for when I would travel to scout a location for my photography company. (I Have an LLC)

Quote:
Constatine would of thrown his dildo at the kidnapper and proceed to cry in his closet after said kidnapper escaped.

Last edited by MpoweredM; 07-26-2013 at 03:19 PM.
Old 07-26-2013, 03:21 PM   #130
MpoweredM
Wants to be Orange

To add, if you're "out to eat" with a client that could be a business meeting. I certainly would not write off a years worth of groceries and expect no potential issues. But, you're also not buying for more than yourself (I assume) so the expenses wouldnt be more than a few thousand I assume. Regardless, I personally wouldn't write groceries off.

Quote:

Last edited by MpoweredM; 07-26-2013 at 03:22 PM.
Old 07-26-2013, 03:32 PM   #131
bgsmith

Quote:
To add, if you're "out to eat" with a client that could be a business meeting. I certainly would not write off a years worth of groceries and expect no potential issues. But, you're also not buying for more than yourself (I assume) so the expenses wouldnt be more than a few thousand I assume. Regardless, I personally wouldn't write groceries off.

This is true, a buddy of mine who owns a very successful business always pays for everything, meals, golf, etc. he just writes them off as business meetings.
Old 07-30-2013, 10:39 AM   #132
DylloS

Quote:
This is true, a buddy of mine who owns a very successful business always pays for everything, meals, golf, etc. he just writes them off as business meetings.
Hmm. Looks like I should talk to some accountant friends.
Old 07-30-2013, 01:13 PM   #133
dabears

My Ride: 2003 BMW M3
Writing off everything is great, just remember that your net income (after write offs) is what gets reported on your taxes, and what creditors use to determine your income... So if you write off everything you'll have a very low income for credit purposes, just a heads up. Other than that its great. Not sure if states is the same as Canada but you could calculate the square footage percent your home gym takes up and use that percent to write off part of your mortgage, utilities etc. as well.
Old 07-30-2013, 01:17 PM   #134
DylloS

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabears View Post
Writing off everything is great, just remember that your net income (after write offs) is what gets reported on your taxes, and what creditors use to determine your income... So if you write off everything you'll have a very low income for credit purposes, just a heads up. Other than that its great. Not sure if states is the same as Canada but you could calculate the square footage percent your home gym takes up and use that percent to write off part of your mortgage, utilities etc. as well.
I doubt I will ever use this income for lending purposes unless I got really big. I have been told the garage space may be able to be written off too. I will need more details

here's another question. Can I call myself a personal trainer before I am certified. I'm not sure how this works.

Last edited by DylloS; 07-30-2013 at 01:21 PM.
Old 07-30-2013, 03:33 PM   #135
MpoweredM
Wants to be Orange

Lets be honest here..you can call yourself whatever you want whenever you want. Are you personally training people? Seems like your title would be a Personal Trainer.

Are you certified and personally training people? Than you would be a "Certified personal trainer" just my .02

Quote:
Old 07-30-2013, 03:36 PM   #136
DylloS

Quote:
Lets be honest here..you can call yourself whatever you want whenever you want. Are you personally training people? Seems like your title would be a Personal Trainer.

Are you certified and personally training people? Than you would be a "Certified personal trainer" just my .02

good point. I still feel like I need to be certified before actually charging or creating the FB page, business cards etc.
Old 07-30-2013, 05:22 PM   #137
MpoweredM
Wants to be Orange

Quote:
good point. I still feel like I need to be certified before actually charging or creating the FB page, business cards etc.
Again, simply my .02. But payment is based on time. If you give 1 hour of time to a client and assist them in work out routines, motivation, spots, knowledge, you should be compensated regardless. With that said I would not state you are more than you are. At this point you are a dedicated individual to a healthy fit lifestyle and would like to pass that to others. When you become certified you are now more versed in what you're teaching. I do understand where you are coming from of course, but even still, that's my personal opinion.

Quote:
Old 08-18-2013, 12:34 PM   #138
dwass325

My Ride: CTA
Send a message via AIM to dwass325
Quote:

An LLC will help insulate you from liability. It'd be a good idea to get insurance, although I wouldn't expect your terms to be great with A) minimal experience and B) not having a dedicated studio.

A former employer of mine insures a lot of gyms and I think they might have a direct-written product (i.e. no agent/broker involved.) I can check, if you want.

Quote:
yes please ask him

Your general groceries, no. Other things, absolutely. Equipment, business logo'ed clothing, etc, can be written off. I know that figure/bikini competitors will write off their suits (once they have pro cards...and those suits can cost a grand.)

As mpowered said, it's not wise to just write off a year's worth of groceries. Not even bodybuilders do that, and they have a much better argument to do it than you do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacques chirac View Post
I don't see what is ridiculous by robbing with a sword.A sword in one od the most lethal wepon !!!

It's more easy to kill with a sword than with a gun.

A sword is more frightening than toy-looking gun like glock.

robbing with a sword is a good thing
dwass325 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 02:54 PM   #139
DylloS

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwass325 View Post
An LLC will help insulate you from liability. It'd be a good idea to get insurance, although I wouldn't expect your terms to be great with A) minimal experience and B) not having a dedicated studio.

A former employer of mine insures a lot of gyms and I think they might have a direct-written product (i.e. no agent/broker involved.) I can check, if you want.

Your general groceries, no. Other things, absolutely. Equipment, business logo'ed clothing, etc, can be written off. I know that figure/bikini competitors will write off their suits (once they have pro cards...and those suits can cost a grand.)

As mpowered said, it's not wise to just write off a year's worth of groceries. Not even bodybuilders do that, and they have a much better argument to do it than you do.
Yea if you can check that would be great.