E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > The Tire Rack's Tire & Wheel Forum

The Tire Rack's Tire & Wheel Forum
Use this forum to discuss anything in relation to wheels to tires to offsets.
Sponsored by The Tire Rack

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-18-2013, 11:01 AM   #21
Tbone8ty

My Ride: 2003 330i
lol their made in germany! winning!

Tbone8ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 11:30 AM   #22
drumsauce

My Ride: 2000 323it
+1 on the PSS. Great tire.
drumsauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 09:03 PM   #23
Tbone8ty

My Ride: 2003 330i
eagle f1 aysm 2 run fantastic!

super quiet on the highway and comfy over bumps, i noticed a little bit of the softer sidewall but I still feel it corners on rails. im not racing so quiet and comfy far out way for me.

i have a staggered setup and it tramlines and grabs alot less on bumpy or uneven roads.

success! great summer tire

cheers
Tbone8ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 02:42 PM   #24
mickey513

My Ride: e46
I am about to finish up a set of Sumitomo HTR Z III on my e46. Excellent tires! Grip on dry and wet was excellent and surprisingly the tire was quiet too. The price was a plus and the tires were even made in Japan. Definitely a very good set of summer tires for daily driving. They are comparable to the better well know brand tires out there. I had a friend who even ditched his RFT and ran a set of these on his e90. The set cost was 1/3 the price for a full set of RFT.

Don't let the price fool you, it's a excellent tire and Made in Japan.
mickey513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 07:22 AM   #25
Gary@Tirerack

My Ride: 1995 BMW M3
I liked my Sumitomo HTRZ3's that I had on my E36 M3, great entry-level max performance summer tire.

Currently the top choices in that category are the Michelin Pilot Super Sport, Bridgestone S04 Pole Position and Goodyear F1 Asymmetric 2. For more of a comfort oriented max performance tire, check out the Continental Extreme Contact DW.

Tires http://www.tirerack.com/a.jsp?a=BN4&...ires/index.jsp

Click sig! -->

Last edited by Gary@Tirerack; 09-04-2013 at 07:23 AM.
Gary@Tirerack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 09:52 PM   #26
eneka

My Ride: 2003 325i
so my tires are wearing out and I'm currently deciding between:

Bridgestone Potenza s-04
Michelin Pilot Sport A/S Plus (which i currently have)
Michelline Pilot Sport A/S 3

having 16" rims gives me less of a selection..I'm leaning toward the bridgestones since they're ~$60 cheaper per tire and wet traction isn't really tht big of a deal since I'm in Los Angeles.

any other suggestion?