E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > E46 Convertible

E46 Convertible
The E46 vert forum. Talk about dropping your E46 top here.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 08-27-2013, 07:42 PM   #21
Snik
OEM ///Member

My Ride: IR M3 Vert.
Totally loving the vert...

I rarely drop the top. But when I do. Maaaaaaaannn I just wanna drive all damn day with time down.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Snik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 07:52 PM   #22
wildirish317

My Ride: 2004 325Ci vert

Quote:
Originally Posted by asillito View Post
Not kidding ... just a newbie here ... back in the day I had a '67 Camaro convertible .. it was a soft top ... that is the term I am familiar with
You must be almost my age. We referred to them as rag tops.

Welcome to the forum!

“The test of the machine is the satisfaction it gives you. There isn't any other test. If the machine produces tranquility it's right. If it disturbs you it's wrong until either the machine or your mind is changed.”
wildirish317 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 08:00 PM   #23
Poncho@home

My Ride: MY04 330Cic ZSP
I vote for first pic as well.

Quote:
I rarely drop the top. But when I do. Maaaaaaaannn I just wanna drive all damn day with time down.
I rarely have mine up. Luckily for me this is my fair weather car, so top stays down 90% of the time
Poncho@home is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 08:12 PM   #24
de330vert

My Ride: 330CiC
Re: Totally loving the vert...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNewRag View Post
Totally get it...we are all blessed to be in verts. Just like to raz folks up a little once in a while, lord knows I took over four years of it in my two 325 Ci verts lol

Thanks for the compliments on the pic, the old man who has the farm, says many stop to ask about taking photos with his barn. He only asks that if we get a good one, if we drop one off for his 'wall'. Can't decide the first one or this one to give him.

I like the first one better I think, but a e46 vert would look great in nearly any setting.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using BimmerApp mobile app
Old 08-31-2013, 08:54 PM   #25
orange260z

My Ride: '05 330i MSport vert
I go with the first pic - beautiful car!

2005 BMW 330Ci M Sport Cabriolet
1970 Porsche 911 T/RS-spec
orange260z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 04:32 PM   #26
sgoetz628

My Ride: 2002 330 CiC
Quote:
Totally get it...we are all blessed to be in verts. Just like to raz folks up a little once in a while, lord knows I took over four years of it in my two 325 Ci verts lol

Thanks for the compliments on the pic, the old man who has the farm, says many stop to ask about taking photos with his barn. He only asks that if we get a good one, if we drop one off for his 'wall'. Can't decide the first one or this one to give him.

Attachment 523968

First pic. No comparison, in my view.

Just love white with red inside. Next time.
Old 09-01-2013, 06:18 PM   #27
csa714

My Ride: 2004 330cic
I still look back at the car after parking it - and smile
csa714 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 07:13 PM   #28
wildirish317

My Ride: 2004 325Ci vert
Quote:
lord knows I took over four years of it in my two 325 Ci verts lol
I'm on my second 325 vert. First was an E36 with auto tranny and non-sport anything. This one has sport seats, 5-speed, manual top (mixed blessing, no power top issues).

I don't really want an M3 vert. (That's a lie, I just can't justify the higher insurance and higher parts costs right now.) In reality, an M3 vert is an oxymoron. It's not competitive at the track (low torsional rigidity, and most tracks don't allow verts), but damn, it looks good, and the S54 really kicks butt!

“The test of the machine is the satisfaction it gives you. There isn't any other test. If the machine produces tranquility it's right. If it disturbs you it's wrong until either the machine or your mind is changed.”
wildirish317 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 07:14 PM   #29
damonchoy

My Ride: 2004 330ci M-Sport
Makes me miss my E36 vert.

Damon Choy - 17 years of age - First: E36 328iC Second: E46 330ci M-Sport (Imola/Alcantara)
2003 Nissan 350Z Touring Pkg. - Le Mans Sunset - Black leather - ARC Titanium shift knob
Chargespeed carbon fiber trunk lip - 19" VarrsToen ES 3.2.2 - Impul headers - Muffler delete
Tein MonoFlex coilovers - Tomei test pipe - Toyo R888/Michelin Pilot Sport - Central20 3.9 FD
damonchoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 07:18 PM   #30
Snik
OEM ///Member

My Ride: IR M3 Vert.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildirish317 View Post
I'm on my second 325 vert. First was an E36 with auto tranny and non-sport anything. This one has sport seats, 5-speed, manual top (mixed blessing, no power top issues).

I don't really want an M3 vert. (That's a lie, I just can't justify the higher insurance and higher parts costs right now.) In reality, an M3 vert is an oxymoron. It's not competitive at the track (low torsional rigidity, and most tracks don't allow verts), but damn, it looks good, and the S54 really kicks butt!
Right. Because everyone that buys a vert is gonna track it. You should talk to vert owners that track them. They don't seem to be hurting.
Fact is. The large majority if M owners don't track them at all. So vert or not doesn't matter.

Last edited by Snik; 09-01-2013 at 07:20 PM.
Snik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 12:29 PM   #31
johnrando

My Ride: '06 330 CIC ZHP
M3 vert? Yup, I'll take mine LSB please.

ZHP, Cold Weather Pkg., Leather, Jet Black/Black/Black Cube, NAV
AA Tune, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf. Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan STEP S/W & TB, TMS Pulleys, H&R Touring Cup Kit
DICE Ipod, Parrot/Connects2 Bluetooth, StealthOne Valentine Module, Hardwired V1
BMW Perf. Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan delete

Last edited by johnrando; 09-02-2013 at 12:32 PM.
johnrando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 09:11 PM   #32
AndyFL

My Ride: '04 330Ci Vert
I also love my vert This is my first BMW and really like it more and more everyday. I looked around for one with manual transmission for months and finally was able to get my hands on one. I drive it with top down as much as I can, although its late summer now and we get daily showers in Florida. Looking forward to fall, top down, colder weather!
AndyFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 09:42 PM   #33
Poncho@home

Fall weather is the best for a convertible. We went apple picking on the weekend and took the vert for a drive in the country. Very pleasant
Old 09-12-2013, 10:00 PM   #34
Thumprxl

My Ride: 2003 BMW 330ci

Nothing better than dropping the top....(rag top, guess I'm old too)!! Either a warm summer day with the ac blasting mixing in with summers heat or a cool night with the heat on...that swirling mix I love. Never ride with your windows up either! To be honest, my top has been down since last weekend. From the garage at home to work and back, I'm going topless until the weather makes me put it up! :-(

Hey csa714.... I do the same thing! I also say, "dammmmnn, she's sweet"!!

Sent from my Note 2
Thumprxl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 10:02 PM   #35
Thumprxl

My Ride: 2003 BMW 330ci

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poncho@home View Post
Fall weather is the best for a convertible. We went apple picking on the weekend and took the vert for a drive in the country. Very pleasant
Nice.... we are already planning to take the vert on the blue ridge parkway in late October to view the leaves. I can hardly wait!

Sent from my Note 2
Thumprxl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 07:27 PM   #36
Poncho@home

Had a wonderful drive today for a fall leaves viewing. Weather was perfect, low 20s C and barely a cloud to be seen.

Car has been flawless all summer.

Feeling giddy
Old 09-29-2013, 08:47 PM   #37
petemo94

My Ride: 2004 325CiC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumprxl View Post
Nice.... we are already planning to take the vert on the blue ridge parkway in late October to view the leaves. I can hardly wait!

Sent from my Note 2
Just got back from Boone and driving the BR-Parkway. Never get sick of that road and it's turns/views. Drove to/from raleigh with top down and wind deflector up. Awesome weekend but too soon for trees to be changing.

Loved every minute of it.

PeteMo94
2004 325Cic, ZSP, ZPP, ZCW, Owned since 12/1/12
E46 Merit Badges: OFHG, WP, ET, AT-T, ICV, CCV, Fluids (5)

petemo94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 09:58 PM   #38
XKR

My Ride: 2001 M3 Convertible
i have a love hate relationship with my vert lol. i just wish it could preform as quickly as the coupes and didn't weigh so much. but when i have my top down i could care less but since it's around wintertime I wish I had a coupe haha
XKR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 08:08 AM   #39
Poncho@home

Quote:
Awesome weekend but too soon for trees to be changing.
North of Montreal, leaves are just entering prime fall colors.

Quote:
i have a love hate relationship with my vert lol. i just wish it could preform as quickly as the coupes and didn't weigh so much. but when i have my top down i could care less but since it's around wintertime I wish I had a coupe haha
I've owned fast cars, and while I agree sometimes I think it would be nice to have more power, there is something very therapeutic of the top down and mellow drive.

That being said, I have begun looking for a track build to satisfy my hunger as well, just not as a vert.
Old 09-30-2013, 03:34 PM   #40
Fritzo2162

My Ride: 330Ci Convertible
There is NOTHING like driving down country roads mid-day with blue skies and 73F reading on the dash. The smell of fruit stands, corn fields, and trees is an instant stress relief. I don't have the windscreen either, so the wind gets pretty brutal to my daughter in the back seat, but us in the front seat are loving it!
Fritzo2162 is offline   Reply With Quote