E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Political Talk

Political Talk
You may discuss anything regarding politics in this forum ONLY. If you cannot respect others opinions, your access to this forum will be removed.

Old 08-11-2013, 02:10 PM   #61
Lair

My Ride: e90, cheap Boxster
Fvcking brilliant.

Quote:
Family Rescued In Pacific After Sailing 'Where God Led Us'

by SCOTT NEUMAN
August 11, 201311:14 AM

A leap of faith that sent an Arizona family bound for the South Pacific in a sailboat has returned them in an airplane after a harrowing ordeal at sea that saw them adrift and nearly out of food in one of the remotest stretches of ocean on the planet.

Hannah Gastonguay, 26, and her husband, Sean, 30, were fed up with abortion, homosexuality, taxes and the "state-controlled church" and so "decided to take a leap of faith and see where God led us," she told The Associated Press in a telephone interview. With them were Sean's father and the couple's two daughters, one 3 years old and the other an infant.

A few weeks into their ultimately 91 days at sea, the Gastonguays encountered "squall after squall after squall" that damaged their boat. Originally on a heading for the archipelago nation of Kiribati near the international dateline, they changed course to the nearer Marquesas Islands, but were unable to reach them either.

Along the way, they apparently suffered damage to their mast and, unable to set a foresail, made little westward progress.

They were down to "some juice and some honey" and whatever fish they could catch when a passing Canadian cargo ship tried to help out with supplies. But when it came alongside, it did even more damage to the tiny sailboat.

Eventually, the family was picked up by a Venezuelan fishing vessel.

"The captain said, 'Do you know where you're at? You're in the middle of nowhere,' " Hannah Gastonguay told the AP.

From there, the five were transferred to a Japanese cargo ship and, after three weeks, dropped off in Chile.

Gastonguay told the AP that she never thought the family was going to die: "We believed God would see us through."

In Chile, police prefect Jose Luis Lopez told the newspaper Las Ultimas Noticias:

"They were looking for a kind of adventure; they wanted to live on a Polynesian island but they didn't have sufficient expertise to navigate adequately," he said.

Quote:
It's the best years of your life they want to steal.
Congratulations.
Lair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 02:25 PM   #62
Sentaruu

My Ride: Xterra
lol religion
Old 08-11-2013, 03:54 PM   #63
rdsesq
ouroboros autorotica

My Ride: 2002 330i
Conservative nutjobs

They thought "God was their co-pilot"
She wasn't. :-p

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

quis custodiet ipsos custodes
rdsesq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 09:07 AM   #64
Lair

Naked church camp counselor touches 13 year old boy with penis - church calls it horseplay

Quote:
While I do admit it has been some time since I have played the role of camp counselor (at church camp or otherwise) unless I am horribly mistaken, touching a child with your penis is not one of the recommended “horseplay” activities. Nor for that matter, is it a recommended disciplinary action, although Attorney Allen Trapp, who is representing a church camp counselor and pastor’s son, Zachary Anderle, has stated that he believes it is. I could look back to the trainer’s manuals just to be sure, but in all honesty, I think I am safe here.

The Chattanooga Times Freepress reported that Vineyard Community Church Camp Counselor, Zachary Anderle, was charged with simple battery, two counts of third-degree cruelty to children and sexual assault, following an incident in which he climbed, naked, on top of a 13-year-old boy. Anderle placed his penis on top of the boy’s crotch, while a group of other boys were watching. He also slapped the boy in the face. Vineyard Community Church is located in Chattanooga, TN. The incident between Anderle and the boy took place at the Church’s Camp site, which it was hosting in Temple, GA.

As if the actions of Anderle were not bad enough, the church committee which has been appointed to investigate the event has stated that it believes the incident was simply a matter of “horseplay gone wrong.” While the church has removed Anderle from participating in church camp activities and has also barred him from participating in any activities that involve children, the statement clearly shows a desire on behalf of committee members to make the incident somehow appear more “acceptable.” Even though I think it’s clear that reasonable human beings do not engage in “horseplay” which involves putting their naked genitalia on the crotch of a thirteen year old child, apparently members of this church believe such things are “all in good fun.”

It gets better. Anderle’s attorney, Alan Trapp, explained that the act was just an attempt to discipline a 13-year-old boy at camp. According to the Chattanooga Freepress report, Trapp said:

“This boy was using a lot of unsavory, sexually charged language. Zach told him to stop repeatedly. When he wouldn’t, Zach told him, ‘If you do not stop, I will come down there and sleep with you naked,” Trapp also told reporters “and he actually jumped on him and all the other boys laughed and thought it was funny.”

Bud Winderweedle, a member of the “investigative committee” established by Vineyard Community Church to look into the incident, also told media:

the camp director attempted to apologize to the 13-year-old’s mother and offer counseling, but she did not respond.

Yes, they offered counseling… After a naked church camp counselor jumped on top of this woman’s son, touching him with his genitals, after he threatened to sleep with her child naked, and after he physically assaulted that child by slapping him in the face, they felt it was appropriate to approach this mother and offer additional counseling.

She went to the police instead. Good for her. The level of denial in this story is so deep and dark, that it’s almost like a bottomless pit. The more you try to peer into the minds of these people, the darker and more frightening it becomes. The excuses, the attempts at justification, the lengths to which these church members have gone to, to try to make this behavior seem OK, is just astonishing. Yes, it’s hard to admit that someone you know and maybe even like or consider a friend, is a pervert in every sense of the word. But when the denial is so extreme that it makes you believe that something like this was just “fun and games” or that it was “an attempt at discipline” it’s time to take another look at your own motivation. A child was harmed. There is no excuse for that. The harder you try to think of one, the more ignorant you sound.
http://www.addictinginfo.org/2013/08...-it-horseplay/

Quote:
Congratulations.
Old 09-03-2013, 07:57 AM   #65
kaput

My Ride: 2002 M3 SMG
Send a message via AIM to kaput
Sounds a lot like Penn State.

2002 M3
kaput is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 08:35 AM   #66
Green_Shine

My Ride: Back seat riding
Old 09-11-2013, 06:58 PM   #67
5ynd1cat3

My Ride: swagger wagon
Re: Conservative nutjobs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lair View Post
Naked church camp counselor touches 13 year old boy with penis - church calls it horseplay

http://www.addictinginfo.org/2013/08...-it-horseplay/
Yet nowhere in your paste does it mention that this guy is a conservative.

Sent from my Obamaphone
Old 09-11-2013, 07:31 PM   #68
Act of God

My Ride: Beach Cruiser
Send a message via AIM to Act of God
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_shine View Post
hahahahha

"You don’t burn books because they’re irrelevant. You burn books because you’re terrified that they’re not. You don’t muzzle people who have no audience. You muzzle people only when their voices are amplified far beyond your liking."
Act of God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 07:52 PM   #69
5ynd1cat3

Lair's favorite game

Old 09-11-2013, 08:40 PM   #70
Rhumb

My Ride: 2001 M3 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Act of God View Post
hahahahha
Laughs someone who I might surmise voted, twice, for that other recent out of touch millionaire GOP presidential candidate who grew up in Massachusetts. Or at least tolerated and excused his reign of war(s) and economic collapse.
Rhumb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 08:48 PM   #71
Rhumb

My Ride: 2001 M3 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5ynd1cat3 View Post

Sent from my Obamaphone
Hmmmm, a church camp down in deep south Alabama ... I'd feel pretty confident presuming this was a pretty conservative outfit.

Sent from my Own Phone.
Rhumb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 09:26 PM   #72
Lair

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5ynd1cat3 View Post

Sent from my Obamaphone

Have you ever met a liberal church camp leader?

Quote:
Congratulations.
Old 09-11-2013, 09:45 PM   #73
ti317

My Ride: 02 330ci coupe 5 spd
Quote:
Have you ever met a liberal church camp leader?
Yes! In about every AME church.
Old 09-11-2013, 09:51 PM   #74
Lair

Another "liberal" church pastor!

Quote:
http://www.krmg.com/news/news/local/...ity-eye/nZq6W/

Pastor claims sex with boys gave them 'sexual purity in the eyes of God'

Man says the act prohibited homosexual urges

By Rick Couri
Monday, Sept. 9, 2013

31 year old Brent Girouex was arrested on 60 counts of suspicion of sexual exploitation by a counselor or therapist.

The former youth counselor told police he did it to "help with homosexual urges by praying while he had sexual contact with [them]."

He claimed the acts would give his victims "sexual purity."

Making matters even worse, Girouex has four children of his own and now his estranged wife Erin is speaking out against him now.

Girouex admitted having sexual relations with at least four young men but as many as eight have now stepped forward claiming abuse.

The man told cops one of his relationships lasted four years and there was "mutual" contact 25 to 50 times.

The victim is an adult now, he told police the real number was between 50 and 100 times.

Several of the victims told investigators the encounters with the former Council Bluffs, Iowa youth pastor took place at Girouex's house.

Girouex is said to have told detectives "when they would ejaculate, they would be getting rid of the evil thoughts in their mind."

Last week a judge handed down a 17-year prison sentence but promptly suspended it to allow Girouex to get sex offender treatment and probation.

As long as Girouex doesn't violate the terms of his probation, he won't do any jail time.

Quote:
Congratulations.
Old 09-11-2013, 10:35 PM   #75
ti317

Quote:
Another "liberal" church pastor!
What in the article establishes his ideology?

Also, you seem a bit hung up on homosexual issues. Always stirring the pot about any incidence of same sex molestation. Is this hate speech? Did someone touch you in appropriately? What gives?
Old 09-11-2013, 11:30 PM   #76
Lair

It's not me, pasta. It's the church. They're the ones who are gaying it up. I'm just pointing out the penis in the pulpit.

Of course the church pastor who says he's trying to prevent little boys from being gay is a liberal. Conservatives accept gays for who they are, and would never try to change them.

Quote:
Congratulations.

Last edited by Lair; 09-11-2013 at 11:31 PM.
Old 09-12-2013, 04:36 AM   #77
5ynd1cat3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhumb View Post
Hmmmm, a church camp down in deep south Alabama ... I'd feel pretty confident presuming this was a pretty conservative outfit.

Sent from my Own Phone.
Hmmmm, a white hispanic gun owner accused of murdering an innocent unarmed black teen....I'm pretty confident assuming this was a conservative tea party member.

Oh wait.

Sent from my Obamaphone
Old 09-12-2013, 06:51 AM   #78
ti317

Quote:
It's not me, pasta. It's the church. They're the ones who are gaying it up. I'm just pointing out the penis in the pulpit.

Of course the church pastor who says he's trying to prevent little boys from being gay is a liberal. Conservatives accept gays for who they are, and would never try to change them.
Still no evidence. As per usual.
Old 09-12-2013, 06:53 AM   #79
ti317

http://www.isthatbaloney.com/george-...-barack-obama/
Old 09-12-2013, 09:22 AM   #80
Lair

Quote:
Originally Posted by ti317 View Post
Still no evidence. As per usual.
Pray away the gay!

If that doesn't work, have gay sex with the little boys that you're trying to keep from being gay. (Practices that are embraced by liberals everywhere.)

Quote:
Congratulations.