E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > Sponsor Press Releases & New Product Announcements > Site Sponsor Group Buys

Site Sponsor Group Buys
Group buys from the sponsors that support E46Fanatics.com and other approved group buys.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 15 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 09-01-2013, 08:36 PM   #101
winston330xi

My Ride: 2001 bmw 330xi
Hi Carlos,

I have been reading up about the 5150 from other members here before I purchase. I do have a question regarding the antenna connection for 1999-2001 models that radio reception does not work without an extra adapter. Would you include this connector with the purchase? Thanks for your time.

Winston
Old 09-01-2013, 10:13 PM   #102
shakez

My Ride: 2000 BMW 323ci
please add me to the group buy list !
shakez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 02:25 AM   #103
EononCarDVD
Sponsor

My Ride: BMW E46
Quote:
Originally Posted by winston330xi View Post
Hi Carlos,

I have been reading up about the 5150 from other members here before I purchase. I do have a question regarding the antenna connection for 1999-2001 models that radio reception does not work without an extra adapter. Would you include this connector with the purchase? Thanks for your time.

Winston
Hi winston, you mean the 90 degree extra antenna right? If so, currently we don't have such connector in the purchase. But I'll reflect to our R&D in the future. Thanks!

Now you can refer to WOLFN8TR's D5150 installation guide below to get the unit installed smoothly, hope it's useful to you!

And would you like to join the group buy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WOLFN8TR View Post
Just an update for you guys. I got the new Can Bus V2 and it fixed the random input upon start up, also streaming music via A2DP loads faster. Screen dims when the headlights are turned on (make sure this feature ON in the setting). The buttons still do not dim unfortunately.

I also made a 5150 install thread to address some issues or questions to help make it easier. The 90 degree iPod cable and Antenna Adapter made a big difference with the unit sitting flush. The Antenna Adapter also fixed the reception issues. Take a look!

Eonon D5150 Install Thread
Wow wolf, it's a work of art! Your installation guide is one of the best I've even seen! So detailed and useful! Many thanks for sharing with us!

Just a thought, I think you can write a Eonon D5150 wiki like several fans have written the D5151 wiki here: http://d5102.wikispaces.com/FAQ5151 It will benefit millions of guys! Cheers!

And welcome to share with us your guide on our pic/vid channel too: http://www.eonon.com/channel_photo.aspx

Last edited by EononCarDVD; 09-02-2013 at 02:27 AM.
EononCarDVD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 02:31 AM   #104
EononCarDVD
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeziesBimmer View Post
Just ordered one, can't wait! Ordering camera and cc relocation kit/antenna adapter now!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rezist09 View Post
Ordering this next friday
Quote:
Thanks for the link to gb was using phone.!!!
D5150t stand for?
Quote:
Originally Posted by THECLEANERBEAMER View Post
Hey just placed my order! Here's my order no. 130800041426entg
Hi guys, many thanks for your order! Youíll enjoy the unit soon like many other guys do!
And welcome to share with us your installation pics and review! Many thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakez View Post
please add me to the group buy list !
No problem mate, Iíve already added you to the list! Now just order from this group buy link is OK: http://www.eonon.com/Car-GPS/Specifi...MW/D5150T.html
Cheers!
Old 09-05-2013, 03:56 AM   #105
EononCarDVD
Sponsor

Hi guys, group buy is very hot and D5150 sell very well recently. Thanks for all your support!

As i mentioned before that i will summarize more commonly asked questions, now here it is for your reference:

1.Which camera is best for D5150?
A: Our camera all work with D5150 and A0122 super high definition Sony CCD camera are very popular. Please check more details here : http://www.eonon.com/Others/Camera/A0122.html

2.What are the compatible maps for D5150?
A: It can work with many maps, such as Kudos, Sygic ,IGO, Polnav and so on, just make sure the map card work with Windows CE6.0 operation system. But the Kudos map comes with the unit is the most compatible one.

Hope these can help you guys too. If there is any other issues, just reply here or PM me!

Last edited by EononCarDVD; 09-05-2013 at 03:57 AM.
Old 09-05-2013, 12:50 PM   #106
Keaton1

My Ride: 2001 330 CIC
Quote:
Originally Posted by winston330xi View Post
Hi Carlos,

Winston
Quote:
Originally Posted by EononCarDVD View Post
Hi winston, you mean the 90 degree extra antenna right? If so, currently we don't have such connector in the purchase. But I'll reflect to our R&D in the future. Thanks!
Hi Carlos,

Winston may be referring to post #615 I made in the main Eonon thread here on E46 Fanatics in the Mobile Electronics Section. My BMW 330CIC and radio is a older 2001 model, and your supplied antenna did not provide any reception. BMW changed the radio antenna connections in 2002, and those later year models are evidently what your supplied antenna works with. Below is what I posted:

The Eonon supplied antenna evidently doesn't work for our 1999 to 2001 year cars, but only for the later year models from 2002 to 2006. I got zero reception with just the Eonon antenna. Our earlier models have two antenna plugs, one small which fits the Eonon adapter and looks like it would work, but really doesn't. (From what I read on another forum, I think it sends a signal back to the diversity antenna amplifier in the rear of the car) We have a second larger flat plug that went to the original BMW business radio, and this is where our antenna reception comes from. We just need a simple antenna adapter for the flat plug to adapt it to the motorola style plug that goes into the Eonon unit. Once I did this, I got good reception. While I did end up leaving the Eonon supplied antenna attached to the second small plug just for the heck of it, I tried the radio both with and without using it, and it didn't seem to make any difference whether it was attached or not.

A couple different companies make them and both are roughly $5. Metra # 40-VW12. Scosche # VWAB.
(Carlos - I'm sure your wholesale cost at Eonon getting the equivalent part from a Chinese supplier would likely be less than $1) Below are some attachments showing the flat plug and adapter. Again, I believe this is only for cars earlier than 2002.

This also helps solve the sitting flush problem on our LHD cars that some people have had with the Eonon units. It had just enough clearance to sit flush. However if I turned the trim panel screws in as tight as they would go, this barely put pressure on the antenna plug which gave me some interference for some reason. So I left it backed off about a turn and a half, the interference went away and I had a clear signal, with the unit sitting flush. Hope this is of some help.

And Carlos, just an FYI - Your main competitor, Dynavin, includes both model year specific antenna adapters with their units for the BMW E46 series at no extra charge.

In General Review, All functions of my D5150 are now working well. I am enjoying it very much.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	AntennaFlatConnector1[1].jpg
Views:	110
Size:	100.1 KB
ID:	525206   Click image for larger version

Name:	AntennaAdapter1[1].jpg
Views:	101
Size:	96.5 KB
ID:	525207  
Keaton1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 09:28 PM   #107
WOLFN8TR
OEM ///Member

My Ride: 05 330CI ZHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by EononCarDVD View Post
Now you can refer to WOLFN8TR's D5150 installation guide below to get the unit installed smoothly, hope it's useful to you!

Wow wolf, it's a work of art! Your installation guide is one of the best I've even seen! So detailed and useful! Many thanks for sharing with us!

Just a thought, I think you can write a Eonon D5150 wiki like several fans have written the D5151 wiki here: http://d5102.wikispaces.com/FAQ5151 It will benefit millions of guys! Cheers!

And welcome to share with us your guide on our pic/vid channel too: http://www.eonon.com/channel_photo.aspx
Thanks! Hope it helps guys with their install.
WOLFN8TR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 10:27 PM   #108
EononCarDVD
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keaton1 View Post
Hi Carlos,

Winston may be referring to post #615 I made in the main Eonon thread here on E46 Fanatics in the Mobile Electronics Section. My BMW 330CIC and radio is a older 2001 model, and your supplied antenna did not provide any reception. BMW changed the radio antenna connections in 2002, and those later year models are evidently what your supplied antenna works with. Below is what I posted:

The Eonon supplied antenna evidently doesn't work for our 1999 to 2001 year cars, but only for the later year models from 2002 to 2006. I got zero reception with just the Eonon antenna. Our earlier models have two antenna plugs, one small which fits the Eonon adapter and looks like it would work, but really doesn't. (From what I read on another forum, I think it sends a signal back to the diversity antenna amplifier in the rear of the car) We have a second larger flat plug that went to the original BMW business radio, and this is where our antenna reception comes from. We just need a simple antenna adapter for the flat plug to adapt it to the motorola style plug that goes into the Eonon unit. Once I did this, I got good reception. While I did end up leaving the Eonon supplied antenna attached to the second small plug just for the heck of it, I tried the radio both with and without using it, and it didn't seem to make any difference whether it was attached or not.

A couple different companies make them and both are roughly $5. Metra # 40-VW12. Scosche # VWAB.
(Carlos - I'm sure your wholesale cost at Eonon getting the equivalent part from a Chinese supplier would likely be less than $1) Below are some attachments showing the flat plug and adapter. Again, I believe this is only for cars earlier than 2002.

This also helps solve the sitting flush problem on our LHD cars that some people have had with the Eonon units. It had just enough clearance to sit flush. However if I turned the trim panel screws in as tight as they would go, this barely put pressure on the antenna plug which gave me some interference for some reason. So I left it backed off about a turn and a half, the interference went away and I had a clear signal, with the unit sitting flush. Hope this is of some help.

And Carlos, just an FYI - Your main competitor, Dynavin, includes both model year specific antenna adapters with their units for the BMW E46 series at no extra charge.

In General Review, All functions of my D5150 are now working well. I am enjoying it very much.

Hi Keaton1, thank you for sharing your knowledge of the BMW radio antenna.
Itís especially useful for the guys who own 1999-2001 BMW. For the antenna adapters of D5150, I'll reflect it to our R&D soon. Once any news, Iíll update you guys. Thanks a lot!

And glad to hear you enjoy Eonon units.
Welcome to share with us your nice installation pics here or on our facebook like many other fans do:
http://www.facebook.com/Eonon.Official
Old 09-10-2013, 01:35 PM   #109
SicStang03

My Ride: e46 325xiT/6 & 325ci
I placed my order. One thing I noticed, I wanted to checkout using a VISA, but the checkout process was not secure (https) which I don't like.

I ended up checking out via paypal because of this.
SicStang03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 11:29 PM   #110
zfrog

My Ride: M3
Any update on the Orange color to match the interior?

1yr eBay warranty makes sense.. Sales on eBay are subject to high fees and they make significantly less on an eBay sale than a direct sale.

Last edited by zfrog; 09-12-2013 at 03:42 PM.
zfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 01:56 AM   #111
EononCarDVD
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SicStang03 View Post
I placed my order. One thing I noticed, I wanted to checkout using a VISA, but the checkout process was not secure (https) which I don't like.

I ended up checking out via paypal because of this.
Hi SicStang03,
Glad to hear that you have palced GB order.
Actually using VISA to checkout is safe. But since paypal is much faster and more convenient, we always recommend our customer use paypal.

And please do not forget to PM me your order No. and email address, so that i can follow up your order and provide you better after sale service.
Thanks a lot!
Old 09-11-2013, 01:57 AM   #112
EononCarDVD
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by zfrog View Post
Any update on the Orange color to match the interior?

1yr eBay warranty makes sense.. Sells on eBay are subject to high fees and they make significantly less on an eBay sale than a direct sale.
Hi zfrog,
Yes, I have reflected the orange color LED button option to our R&D, maybe we will make it in the future.But we are not sure when it will available at the moment.

And many thanks kindly understanding about the warranty. 2 year warranty on our official website is really beneficial to all of your guys.

Btw, would you like to join the group buy? First come, first served. Itís only 8 DAYS left before the group buy end. Donít miss up the great deal!
Old 09-11-2013, 08:49 AM   #113
Scooby24

My Ride: '03 330i ZHP Sedan
Just out of curiosity, why does that 2 year warranty not apply to defects in the can bus, harness and adapters?

When I inquired as to receiving a replacement harness due to the original V1 wire swap needs, replacing the V1 can bus with V2, or getting adapters that would allow the radio to fit a LHD vehicle without having to be trimmed, I was told they either would not replace the defective parts, or I would have to buy a replacement.

Additionally, after receiving my V2 can bus that I purchased, I specified I needed the Round Pin harness. My vehicle is a 2003 but has the round pin harness whereas on your site you're showing all 2002+ vehicles have the flat pin, which is not the case.

See here: Note the June 03 manufacture date and round pin harness requirement.

I've inquired into getting a replacement harness as I originally specified (round pin) two weeks ago and haven't received a response yet. Is this how most people should expect any sort of warranty process to go? You make it sound like it's really beneficial....but I've not seen a bit of benefit yet.
Old 09-11-2013, 09:23 AM   #114
SicStang03

My Ride: e46 325xiT/6 & 325ci
Scooby, did you purchase before the V2 Can Bus? I was under the impression that this GB included the V2 and not the V1.
SicStang03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 09:34 AM   #115
Scooby24

My Ride: '03 330i ZHP Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by SicStang03 View Post
Scooby, did you purchase before the V2 Can Bus? I was under the impression that this GB included the V2 and not the V1.
Yes, but we should all receive the same warranty expectations, and it's being talked highly of here and I'm not sure why.
Old 09-11-2013, 10:24 PM   #116
Rezist09

My Ride: 325i sedan
I'm having problems with the radio it's not playing.? Very thing is connected ipod works cd works??
Rezist09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 10:32 PM   #117
Rezist09

My Ride: 325i sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keaton1 View Post
Hi Carlos,

All I need is that plug? For that flat plug. Just order that and what about the other that they sent? Just leave it unplugged
Rezist09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 11:15 PM   #118
THECLEANERBEAMER

My Ride: 2002 325i
Group Buy for Eonon D5150 BMW E46 Car GPS with ARM Processor & Cool UI & NFC Su

Thought that I would post this here
So far this product has been awesome and I'm really impressed! Only thing would be that I can't hear the nav while I have iPod playing, but then I could just use bluetooth
Here's a picture of it installed and my home screen and then my nav loading up

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1378959269.010700.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	82.6 KB
ID:	526189

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Old 09-12-2013, 02:47 AM   #119
EononCarDVD
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby24 View Post
Just out of curiosity, why does that 2 year warranty not apply to defects in the can bus, harness and adapters?

When I inquired as to receiving a replacement harness due to the original V1 wire swap needs, replacing the V1 can bus with V2, or getting adapters that would allow the radio to fit a LHD vehicle without having to be trimmed, I was told they either would not replace the defective parts, or I would have to buy a replacement.

Additionally, after receiving my V2 can bus that I purchased, I specified I needed the Round Pin harness. My vehicle is a 2003 but has the round pin harness whereas on your site you're showing all 2002+ vehicles have the flat pin, which is not the case.

See here: Note the June 03 manufacture date and round pin harness requirement.

I've inquired into getting a replacement harness as I originally specified (round pin) two weeks ago and haven't received a response yet. Is this how most people should expect any sort of warranty process to go? You make it sound like it's really beneficial....but I've not seen a bit of benefit yet.

Hi Scooby24, our official website provide 2 year warranty for the head unit, including harness. But it is a normal upgrade for v1 to v2 can bus for different batch of units, we mentioned before. That is why the guys who bought before the 2nd batch of units come out have to purchase the V2 Can bus if they need. Most guys can understand it. Hope you can understand too, thanks a lot!

And for the round pins, right now I need to check with our warehouse if the round pins are available.

Quote:
All I need is that plug? For that flat plug. Just order that and what about the other that they sent? Just leave it unplugged
Hi Rezist09, i will PM or email you details soon after checking with our warehouse also. Thanks

Last edited by EononCarDVD; 09-13-2013 at 05:02 AM.
Old 09-12-2013, 05:59 AM   #120
EononCarDVD
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by THECLEANERBEAMER View Post
Thought that I would post this here
So far this product has been awesome and I'm really impressed! Only thing would be that I can't hear the nav while I have iPod playing, but then I could just use bluetooth
Here's a picture of it installed and my home screen and then my nav loading up

Attachment 526189

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

Hi THECLEANERBEAMER, it seems D5150 work with your car perfectly. Good job! Thanks for sharing!

Regarding your issue "I can't hear the nav while I have iPod playing", please PM me your order NO. and email address, so that i can help you further. Thanks

And if you like,welcome to share with us more of your nice installation pics on our facebook or pic/vid channel like many other fans do also. Thanks a lot!

http://www.facebook.com/Eonon.Official
http://www.eonon.com/channel_photo.aspx

Tags
bmw e46 gps, bmw gps, car dvd, car gps, eonon