E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Driveline, Engine & DME Tuning

Driveline, Engine & DME Tuning
Talk about driveline improvements, NA tuning and DME tuning your E46 BMW here. This includes diffs, intakes, exhausts, chips, software and OBD tuning.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-28-2013, 06:10 PM   #1
RECCER

My Ride: 2001 330ci
Question Dyno Tuning 330ci

whats up everyone, i just had a quick question. im looking to get my car on a dyno run someday and was wondering if anyone knew of any legit places to get my 330ci tuned, it has Dinin CF CIA, Dinan High flow throttle body, and Dinan stage 2 chip. all which have been tune to factory settings...i need to unleash the beast! so if you know of any good places to get my car tuned in Southern California (preferably in Riverside, CA) that would be a great help, ive one research but im not just sure on who to trust.
RECCER is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 08-30-2013, 09:06 AM   #2
partyvi

My Ride: '02 330Ci
Dinan recommends that you get the Stage III software with the throttle body, otherwise you're not getting the performance out of it that you should. The closest Dinan dealer to you is Autohaus Frankfurt I think. You could also check out the Dynojet site for dyno locations.
partyvi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 09:15 AM   #3
Steven747

My Ride: 05 330ci
dinan sucks .. try oetuning in van nuys or stick with shark injector.
Old 09-05-2013, 01:01 AM   #4
Mikey1952

My Ride: E46 Coupe
Please tell me what this is all about.I have a 330ci auto that could do with a bit more grunt i suppose.
Is this standard stuff?
Mikey1952 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 02:40 PM   #5
partyvi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey1952 View Post
Please tell me what this is all about.I have a 330ci auto that could do with a bit more grunt i suppose.
Is this standard stuff?
The engine in your 330Ci is higly tuned from the factory, so outside of cams or internal upgrades or forced induction any bolt-ons or software upgrades you see will be minimal in gain BUT that doesn't mean you won't feel it.

Tuning refers to taking your vehicle to a performance shop or somewhere with a dyno machine and having someone adjust the engine management software (DME) on your car and tailoring it to your requirements. If you don't have the ability to do so you can purchase off the shelf tunes from companies like Dinan, Conforti, ESS, etc. Usually a tune will remove the top speed limiter and increase redline. Some are removable (Shark injector) while others are installed at a shop (Dinan). They offer a small gain in power. For your auto I would strongly suggest transmission software or a sprint booster to remove the throttle delay (I used to drive a stick shift and my auto is horrible :/ ). A Shark injector is around $300 IIRC and a sprint booster is about the same. Transmission software is similarly priced. Honestly it's not economical to squeeze extra power out of our engines unless you do cat-less headers (15hp?), cams (10hp) or custom tune (10-15hp?). Hope this helps.

Last edited by partyvi; 09-06-2013 at 02:48 PM.
Old 09-06-2013, 05:52 PM   #6
Mikey1952

My Ride: E46 Coupe
Cool Tunning 330ci

Wow! What a complete reply and thanks for your time and expertise.
I didn't realise how much is involved as it has been years since I modified ant cars.
So I also didn't realise what kind of car I have bought so I will leave it alone and act my age 61 thanks again Mikey
Mikey1952 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 07:13 PM   #7
AudiEtr

My Ride: 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey1952 View Post
it has been years since I modified ant cars.
Lol, must be some little mods... ;p
Old 09-09-2013, 06:19 AM   #8
partyvi

Mikey I would get a sprint booster to rid the throttle delay when you hit the gas or pick up an older BMW to hot rod

Tags
330ci, dinan, dyno, ecu tuning, southern california