E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Classifieds > For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy > Complete Cars

Complete Cars
List your BMW or other cars, trucks or vehicles for sale.

Don't forget to search for deals on craigslist and eBay Motors

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-13-2013, 09:00 PM   #1
sweetD

My Ride: 2002 BMW M3
2002 BMW M3 in New Mexico

Make: BMW
Model: M3
Year: 2002
Mileage: 137,300 mi
Transmission: SMG
Exterior Color: Steel Grey Metallic
Interior Color: Black leather, red accents (hand painted)
Options: Harmon Kardon sound system with OEM sub, Automatic climate control, Electric windows, locks, seats, cruise control, Sport mode, Traction control, Stability management, Sunroof.

Images found at: http://imgur.com/a/CnPPC#0

So Im going to be stationed in Korea in a few months and to be honest, I just feel like I would get arrested driving this thing over there. I also don't really feel like storing it for a year. My option then is to put her up for sale.

I bought the car in Dallas, TX in Sept of 2011 with 112,000 miles on the clock.. When I got it, it was starting to have the infamous SMG issue. I drove it for 6K miles before it got too bad. It was replaced to the tune of 3700. Since then, it has driven like a champ and never a problem with the trans. It should last at least another 50k miles. Just before I bought the car, the prior owner had replaced the Clutch and flywheel as well as all spark plugs and coils. A window regulator was replaced at this time as well. I have receipts for all work done in the last 3 years. Battery is a year and a half old and the starter was replaced in July of 2012.

Now for the upgrades. The interior color was not what I wanted so i pulled all of the offending colored panels and sanded them down and laid a coat of matte red paint on them. It turned out pretty damn well from wheat everyone tells me. I have a CF hood and blacked out kidney and fender grills on the car and I had the stock wheels powdercoated DuPont flat black. I replaced all of the pads and rotors at about 128K miles with stoptech units as well as upgraded to stainless braided lines. I installed TC Kline Aluminum/Delrin FCAB's at about 135K miles and Water pump was replaced at 136K miles and I replaced the clutch fan with a Spal unit that keeps the temps below the halfway mark even on the 105+ degree days in Albuquerque. I swapped out the flex disc because it looked a little worn and had the RTAB's replaced with the shimmed out versions. I replaced all of the subframe bushings with Powerflex units. and replaced the Diff bushings out with Turner solid Aluminum bushings. The old Diff had a leaky rear pinion seal so I replaced it with a unit with less than 50K miles. That was about 5K miles ago. I didn't like the rasp so I replaced section 1 with a CPI Rasp Terminator. And to add icing to the cake, less than 500 miles ago I threw on a set of TC Kline racing coilovers and camber/caster plates. The fronts are 2 way adjustable and the rear are single adjustable. I also have Turner rear shock tower reinforcement plates.

I'm sure I am forgetting something. Anyway, I have replaced anything when it breaks or is about to break and upgraded what I felt was needed to take this car to the next level. I didn't skimp on the quality of parts either. This is a car I have treated like a queen. The exterior is about what you would expect from a car with 137k miles. This car runs like a champ.

As for the price. Im asking 14k. Shoot me a message if you are interested and lets make a deal.

Last edited by sweetD; 09-20-2013 at 02:36 PM.
sweetD is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 09-15-2013, 12:14 PM   #2
sweetD

to the top
Old 09-17-2013, 08:25 AM   #3
sweetD

Buuuump
Old 09-18-2013, 05:38 PM   #4
sweetD

No interest? How about any cool trades, I'm kinda open to that as well.
Old 09-20-2013, 02:36 PM   #5
sweetD

Top.... Price now 14k.