E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Forced Induction Forum Sponsored by Active Autowerke

Forced Induction Forum Sponsored by Active Autowerke
Discuss supercharging, turbocharging and even nitrous and water injection here.
Sponsored by Active Autowerke

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-15-2013, 11:29 PM   #141
nek0

My Ride: e85 turbo m3
it was great to see hpf was pumping out 6-7 hundred horse power cars
now lab22 stepped it up pumping out 900 -1000 hp cars

Bottom line, i ****ing love turbo m3s
nek0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 02:50 AM   #142
MarcusLSB

My Ride: BMW's
Re: My LSB Build Thread - (v3.0 - The Final Build by Lab22)

I picked up my car with Kenton today and we drove down to the bay area. John in tow doing drivability tuning. Holyshit... It spools so fast... Absolutely nuts... I'm actually a little afraid of the potential of the car now. It doesn't feel like a sling shot anymore .. It feels way different. .. Way more linear and responsive... I love it. More pics and vids to come!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using BimmerApp mobile app

youtube.com/marcuslsb -- Check out photography by Gheybe!

New Build by Lab22

Last edited by MarcusLSB; 09-16-2013 at 02:51 AM.
MarcusLSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 04:00 AM   #143
dallasberry

My Ride: ///M3
:excit ed::cl ap: :cl ap:

815whp @ 625wtq 27psi E98

Last edited by dallasberry; 09-16-2013 at 04:00 AM.
dallasberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 04:46 AM   #144
Jimmy_46

My Ride: bmw e46 m3
Re: My LSB Build Thread - (v3.0 - The Final Build by Lab22)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcusLSB View Post
I picked up my car with Kenton today and we drove down to the bay area. John in tow doing drivability tuning. Holyshit... It spools so fast... Absolutely nuts... I'm actually a little afraid of the potential of the car now. It doesn't feel like a sling shot anymore .. It feels way different. .. Way more linear and responsive... I love it. More pics and vids to come!

In sure you get 1000s of people say this Marcus but your car is nuts, I'm sure your new setup will be more practical and awesome

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Old 09-16-2013, 01:10 PM   #145
being3
Modded ///Member

My Ride: HPF M3 2.5+
Send a message via Skype™ to being3
My LSB Build Thread - (v3.0 - The Final Build by Lab22)

Quote:

Fear is good to have... Says u got a a nice package worthy of respect . I bet it revs fast with the high compression... Ur going to have so much fun

Old 09-16-2013, 09:43 PM   #146
SexiPYm3

My Ride: 03 M3
Nice!!!!! Enjoy your new beast. I can't wait to hear how you represented at SS.
SexiPYm3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 10:35 PM   #147
MarcusLSB

Thanks everyone! I'll try to make a video of the car and maybe a pull or two prior to shift-s3ctor. But I've been really busy and I have never had that great of luck.. so I'm trying to hold off on killing myself in this thing until after Shift-S3ctor. It is insanely responsive and as Kenton and I were discussing I'm used to putting my foot to the floor and then waiting a second and preparing yourself then bracing yourself while it kicks in like a 'sling shot' ... this doesn't drive like that. It feels like a regular M3 when you punch it (which was no slouch of a car to begin with) and then IMMEDIATELY starts building boost.. and QUICKLY at that.

While driving down here from Portland I was always at almost 0 vacuum and at more than 10% throttle (sometimes less) it was already building boost. Its just so angry and wants to go all the time.. I had to have john dumb down my gas pedal/throttle maps so that I could rest my foot on the gas when driving on the freeway.. Otherwise I had to be very gentle or the thing which just try to take off on me. Its just a blast to drive with this high compression, seriously.. when I first discovered the real benefits to Ethanol I said i'd never go back. Well now I'll never build another low compression turbo car.. its high comp and ethanol for me now from here on out!

John put a ton of time into the driveability tuning .. and it really does show.

New Build by Lab22

Old 09-18-2013, 02:34 AM   #148
BMW E465

My Ride: 1dirty5
How well does traction control handle the power and quick response?
BMW E465 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 09:00 PM   #149
STORMER

My Ride: AA SC 98 M3
My LSB Build Thread - (v3.0 - The Final Build by Lab22)

Quote:
Thanks everyone! I'll try to make a video of the car and maybe a pull or two prior to shift-s3ctor. But I've been really busy and I have never had that great of luck.. so I'm trying to hold off on killing myself in this thing until after Shift-S3ctor. It is insanely responsive and as Kenton and I were discussing I'm used to putting my foot to the floor and then waiting a second and preparing yourself then bracing yourself while it kicks in like a 'sling shot' ... this doesn't drive like that. It feels like a regular M3 when you punch it (which was no slouch of a car to begin with) and then IMMEDIATELY starts building boost.. and QUICKLY at that.

While driving down here from Portland I was always at almost 0 vacuum and at more than 10% throttle (sometimes less) it was already building boost. Its just so angry and wants to go all the time.. I had to have john dumb down my gas pedal/throttle maps so that I could rest my foot on the gas when driving on the freeway.. Otherwise I had to be very gentle or the thing which just try to take off on me. Its just a blast to drive with this high compression, seriously.. when I first discovered the real benefits to Ethanol I said i'd never go back. Well now I'll never build another low compression turbo car.. its high comp and ethanol for me now from here on out!

John put a ton of time into the driveability tuning .. and it really does show.
Wow. Sounds amazing. I can't imagine how that feels! Look forward to videos

360+rwhp

AA Stage 2, Arp2000, Underdrive Pulley, M50 Manifold, Cat Delete, Supersprint Exhaust, M5 Clutch w/ Lightweight Flywheel, Euro Fan, FK Coilovers, AEM Boost Gauge, Zhp Knob, Stoptech Brakes, R1 Rotors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetness View Post
You sir, just thread jacked the sh!t out of OP.
STORMER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 10:54 AM   #150
MisterM

Congrats Marcus. You deserve to enjoy your car after this long series of journeys.
Old 09-19-2013, 11:49 AM   #151
ICONIKE46

My Ride: Horse & Buggy
Awesome! Been lurking your cars progress for a while now and I'm glad you can actually ENJOY it rather than it sit around. You bought the car to be driven, and that's exactly what you're doing now. Congrats
Old 09-21-2013, 09:27 AM   #152
02black330ci

My Ride: spaceship
Such a beast of a car!!!

02black330ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 11:11 AM   #153
nek0

My Ride: e85 turbo m3
so straight o the point i need shift-sector news please!!!
nek0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 12:18 PM   #154
MisterM

Late to the party Marcus- but very impressed with the numbers. Was all of the valvetrain ST in this head? Or OE valves + ST springs/retainers?

Please post your results on the FI Big Torque club. This should be - or banging on the door - to the number 1 spot for S5X based motors.

http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...q-Dyno-Results)

Old 10-07-2013, 12:29 PM   #155
Gheybe

My Ride: C6 Z06
well......
Gheybe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 01:21 PM   #156
mike@maximumpsi
boost junky

My Ride: 02M3T, 97M3T
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gheybe View Post
well......
What does that mean? Fill in the east coasters!
Click here for E46Fanatics 1/4 mile standings
Email us at sales@maximumpsi.com!
Like us on facebook to follow our latest builds and upcoming events! - facebook.com/maximumpsi
mike@maximumpsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 08:38 PM   #157
6spd_legend

My Ride: acura legend 6spd
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike@maximumpsi View Post
What does that mean? Fill in the east coasters!
Seriously, what happened at shift sector?!
Old 10-07-2013, 09:15 PM   #158
zurus

My Ride: .
god damn someone give an update
zurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 11:38 PM   #159
MarcusLSB

Sorry, been crazy busy! John and I spent about 2 hours road tuning the car the night before.. it was pulling like a train.. its been on the dyno for dozens of pulls.. snapped a vanos bolt the morning of the event, but John was able to get that resolved in time to get it there for Sunday. Then Sunday we made a pass on boost level 1, 2 and 3.. (of 4).. roughly 900rwhp or so on boost map 3 and it lifted its head at about 165mph.

John's going to dig into it when it gets back to Lab22. It shouldn't have lifted the head and we're a bit frustrated. The car was driven down from Lab22 to Shift-S3ctor and was running flawlessly up until it mattered.. it happens, its part of the game but we'll get to the bottom of it and see what happened.

All I can say is i've ridden in plenty of turbo S54's from GTX35R's up to 76mm's .. and nothing felt even remotely close to a 7168 on 11.5:1 with E98.. it was absolutely bonkers. So smooth and linear. Loved it.

PS:
Most 800rwhp cars were trapping about 160 (they moved the cones and everyone was trapping about 10mph+ slower than last year). I was at 165mph when the head lifted and I still had plenty of runway.. If I had to guess that trap would have been about 175mph. That was a rolling start at about 50-60mph at the cones. The 800rwhp cars were trapping 160 from a dig way back against the edge of the runway. Which I estimate put them probably at about 80mph when they hit the cones. So needless to say had we kept the head down my car on boost level 4 (1030rwhp or so) would have absolutely destroyed! We'll be back with it in April!

New Build by Lab22

Last edited by MarcusLSB; 10-07-2013 at 11:43 PM.
Old 10-08-2013, 12:39 AM   #160
leletyM3

My Ride: 05 M3
Quote:
Sorry, been crazy busy! John and I spent about 2 hours road tuning the car the night before.. it was pulling like a train.. its been on the dyno for dozens of pulls.. snapped a vanos bolt the morning of the event, but John was able to get that resolved in time to get it there for Sunday. Then Sunday we made a pass on boost level 1, 2 and 3.. (of 4).. roughly 900rwhp or so on boost map 3 and it lifted its head at about 165mph.

John's going to dig into it when it gets back to Lab22. It shouldn't have lifted the head and we're a bit frustrated. The car was driven down from Lab22 to Shift-S3ctor and was running flawlessly up until it mattered.. it happens, its part of the game but we'll get to the bottom of it and see what happened.

All I can say is i've ridden in plenty of turbo S54's from GTX35R's up to 76mm's .. and nothing felt even remotely close to a 7168 on 11.5:1 with E98.. it was absolutely bonkers. So smooth and linear. Loved it.

PS:
Most 800rwhp cars were trapping about 160 (they moved the cones and everyone was trapping about 10mph+ slower than last year). I was at 165mph when the head lifted and I still had plenty of runway.. If I had to guess that trap would have been about 175mph. That was a rolling start at about 50-60mph at the cones. The 800rwhp cars were trapping 160 from a dig way back against the edge of the runway. Which I estimate put them probably at about 80mph when they hit the cones. So needless to say had we kept the head down my car on boost level 4 (1030rwhp or so) would have absolutely destroyed! We'll be back with it in April!
Time was the worst enemy at this point, build was done just recently and in my opinion not enough time with the car on the road. Hopefully, John can figure things out and have more time till the next event!

HPF Stg2 Turbo 640rwhp, Eisenmann Race 83mmx4, Volk TE37 TA, Toyo T1R, Brembo BBK 380mm 6pots & 345, 6k HID, 6K HID Fogs, Depo Smoked Corners, Strassentech Front Lip, V-CSL Bootlid, V-CSL Diffuser

leletyM3 is offline   Reply With Quote