E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Money Matters

Money Matters
Financial, Stock, Investment etc. posts here.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-21-2013, 12:26 PM   #1
///M Protocol
Banned User

My Ride: i3
investment milestones

I don't have a financial advisor so I hope anyone here can provide me with some feedback.

I am 33yrs. single. I start working after college about 10yrs ago.
I current have about $270K saved up in my various investment/retirement accounts.

what is a good investment/retirement milestone or benchmark for 10yrs, 15yrs, 20yrs, etc.

so at 10yrs...I managed to have $270K. am I on track or behind?
///M Protocol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 12:47 PM   #2
Fergo

My Ride: still a gay 135i
You're way behind brah, you should have at least 5 mm saved up in that time

2 easy 2 make hp turbos
Fergo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 01:33 PM   #3
evolved

My Ride: 2011 BMW 135i
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Protocol View Post
I don't have a financial advisor so I hope anyone here can provide me with some feedback.

I am 33yrs. single. I start working after college about 10yrs ago.
I current have about $270K saved up in my various investment/retirement accounts.

what is a good investment/retirement milestone or benchmark for 10yrs, 15yrs, 20yrs, etc.

so at 10yrs...I managed to have $270K. am I on track or behind?
It entirely depends on when you want to retire, on how much you want to spend when you retire, how much you earn currently, in the past and in the future, etc., etc.

A good rule of thumb is to save 8-12% of your earnings every year.

Present
2011 BMW 135i - BSM
Past
2006 Mazdaspeed 6 GT, 2000 BMW 323ci, 2003 Evolution VIII, 1995 Nissan 240sx w/ SR20DET

E46Sig
evolved is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 10:24 AM   #4
WerksM3

My Ride: 2002 M3
I read a study that said if you have one year of salary saved for retirement by age 30 you are on track to have a "comfortable" retirement, assuming you retire at a typical age of 62. If/when you are married, same thing applies to your combined salaries.

Obviously if you want to retire at 50 you will need to have more than that saved, etc. Also, comfortable retirement is different for everyone, so factor in what activities you want to be doing when you are old.
Old 09-28-2013, 09:44 AM   #5
wontonjon

My Ride: grocerymobile
investment milestones

There are plenty of "retirement calculators" out there to play around with. Just google.

Like evolved said, depends on what your goals are....if you intend I remain single, no kids, etc - you won't need as much.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
wontonjon is offline   Reply With Quote