E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > General E46 Forum

General E46 Forum
This is the place to get answers, opinions and everything you need related to your E46 (sedan, coupe, convertible and wagon) BMW!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 165 votes, 4.87 average. Display Modes
Old 06-06-2013, 09:17 PM   #721
aaronstarr

My Ride: e46 m3
im not worried patton323i, I live in indiana theres not much here just a bunch of rusted out junk it was just an opinion bro. and i think hpf went under but sounds like youll have a nice sleeper project
aaronstarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 10:18 PM   #722
Tiag46

My Ride: e46
aaronstarr, why did you put non M3 REP wheels on your car? along with all your other mods?

No non-M owners are calling their cars M3's. Just because we use OEM M3 parts to mod, we're still the same as you. We're just modding our cars to look/perform better.
Accept it, and move on.

Last edited by Tiag46; 06-06-2013 at 10:20 PM.
Tiag46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 11:51 PM   #723
aaronstarr

My Ride: e46 m3
i think were beating a dead horse at this point tiag, but thanks for your observation on my m3 and my opinions i have both sets of wheels btw and i like both i dont think those are turning the whole car into a clone of something....
aaronstarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 12:12 AM   #724
norman_100390

My Ride: 2000 328ci
Send a message via AIM to norman_100390
* How To Fit OEM M3 Parts On A Non-M *

Interdasting

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

Matte Kidney Grills, Matte Badge, Matte Crome Trim, M3 Front Bumper Conversion, HID Fog Lights 35w 6000k, BMW OEM 197 BBS RX 18', Bridgestone Potenza RFT 255/35REAR 225/35Front, Smoked Corner/Side Markers/LED Eagle Eye Smoked Tail, CCFL Angel Eyes , K&N Drop In, 35% Window Tint, Zenon Dome Lighting, Nitrogen Filled, Hertz Audio
norman_100390 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 07:54 AM   #725
Patton323I

My Ride: R1100GS E46 E53
I just read that HPF closed down. That's really annoying. Guess I'll just have to go with a different tuning company....
Old 08-25-2013, 12:14 PM   #726
M3J0N

My Ride: See Sig
Send a message via AIM to M3J0N
jsut looking for some clarification... what do I have to do to get the m3 hood to fit a touring (wagon)?
04 M3 Coupe 6sp Carbon Black/Black (Current)
95 M3 Coupe 5sp Cosmos Black/Black (Current)
Resident e46fanatics.com Paramedic and notorious ****-talker:)

[/SIZE]
M3J0N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 01:54 PM   #727
hi its me alec

My Ride: BMWs + 1988 Pathy
Send a message via AIM to hi its me alec Send a message via MSN to hi its me alec
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3J0N View Post
jsut looking for some clarification... what do I have to do to get the m3 hood to fit a touring (wagon)?
Won't fit unless you do a ton of other stuff. It's a 90% bolt-on for coupes only

hi its me alec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 07:47 AM   #728
Demkine

My Ride: 2004 330ci
Would 01 m3 taillights fit 04 330ci convertible
Demkine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 08:49 PM   #729
hi its me alec

My Ride: BMWs + 1988 Pathy
Send a message via AIM to hi its me alec Send a message via MSN to hi its me alec
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demkine View Post
Would 01 m3 taillights fit 04 330ci convertible
Only if the M3 is a convertible.

All coupe tail lights are the same fitment

All sedan tail lights are the same fitment

All convertible lights are the same fitment

None are interchangeable

hi its me alec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 01:48 AM   #730
reaper1686

My Ride: 2005 BMW 330CI
Re: * How To Fit OEM M3 Parts On A Non-M *

Subd

Sent from my SCH-I545 using BimmerApp mobile app
Old 09-28-2013, 11:46 AM   #731
cannockwolf

My Ride: 330Ci ESS TS2+
if i get m3 rear arches welded in would i be able to get the m-sport rear bumper to still fit with work?

id get a bodyshop to do the work, its just i dont want to go down the twin exhaust route and have a supersprint so wouldn't want to ditch that either

im having a complete respray to imola red next year, with evolves carbon fibre roof panel and think the m3 flared arches has to be included while im doing all this work to complete the look
Old 09-28-2013, 02:02 PM   #732
jM2.me

My Ride: BMW
Quote:
Originally Posted by cannockwolf View Post
if i get m3 rear arches welded in would i be able to get the m-sport rear bumper to still fit with work?

id get a bodyshop to do the work, its just i dont want to go down the twin exhaust route and have a supersprint so wouldn't want to ditch that either

im having a complete respray to imola red next year, with evolves carbon fibre roof panel and think the m3 flared arches has to be included while im doing all this work to complete the look
When you say "arches" do you mean 1/4 panels?

I have M3 1/4 welded onto a sedan, and flares stick out about 3/4", so in you case your non-m bumper would stay about 3/4" in.

Here is a picture of original sedan 1/4 panel and M3 bumper. M3 bumper sticks out, but since you want the opposite, your M3 1/4 panel will be sticking out instead.

And this is M3 bumper and M3 1/4 panel (at least part of it) welded.

You can ask the shop to either modify you non-m bumper to be wider, or ask to narrow the 1/4panel flares which kinda defeats the purpose of welding M3 1/4 panels in first place.

Edit:
If you are okay with twin exhaust but want to keep supersprint then you can ask the shop to re-route pipes from supersprint to rear. Of-course you will be loosing spare wheel.

Last edited by jM2.me; 09-28-2013 at 02:05 PM.
jM2.me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 02:57 PM   #733
cannockwolf

My Ride: 330Ci ESS TS2+
those pics help a lot, i think they should be able to get the m-tech bumper to fit
Old 10-02-2013, 12:08 AM   #734
ToMuchFun
Banned User

My Ride: E46 325i

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4ngie View Post
Most of the OEM M3 parts will not fit a sedan. Believe me, I have tried to fit the hood, fenders, etc.

The instrument cluster was actually one of my favorite mods. You are correct about the parts that don't work and the tamper dot. My dealer says that my actual mileage can be programmed into mine and the dot will go away. The only reason I haven't done that yet is because I have a new motor, so the mileage wouldn't match anyway. =\

Great thread, Alec.
Soooo who knows what needs to be done to make the hood/fenders fit on a sedan, really wanting to use OEM parts.

ToMuchFun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 07:08 AM   #735
jM2.me

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToMuchFun View Post
Soooo who knows what needs to be done to make the hood/fenders fit on a sedan, really wanting to use OEM parts.

You can mount m3 hood onto facelifted sedan. And it will fit. But its not going to look okay. On the sides the hood will bulge out.

Fenders are not going to fit at all. You can semi mount them but that's about it. In order for them to fit you have to weld old and new fender together. The rear part of the fender will be your original sedan fender. The front will be m3 fender.

Once you replace hood and fenders, you will have to buy m3 bumper for m3 car. And st this point you will realize that car looks shitty because of wide front fenders and not so wide rear 1/4 panels.

If you are still interested I can post pictures.
Old 10-02-2013, 09:22 AM   #736
ToMuchFun
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jM2.me View Post
You can mount m3 hood onto facelifted sedan. And it will fit. But its not going to look okay. On the sides the hood will bulge out.

Fenders are not going to fit at all. You can semi mount them but that's about it. In order for them to fit you have to weld old and new fender together. The rear part of the fender will be your original sedan fender. The front will be m3 fender.

Once you replace hood and fenders, you will have to buy m3 bumper for m3 car. And st this point you will realize that car looks shitty because of wide front fenders and not so wide rear 1/4 panels.

If you are still interested I can post pictures.
Id do the rear quarters as well i have a pre facelift, sounds kinda expensive like, sounds like non OEM might be the way to go, but I would hate to have shitty body lines

Old 10-02-2013, 12:45 PM   #737
jM2.me

Quote:
Id do the rear quarters as well i have a pre facelift, sounds kinda expensive like, sounds like non OEM might be the way to go, but I would hate to have shitty body lines

I spoke with one of the local shop owners and was quoted around 1700 for fenders and 1/4 panels done in under a week with my parts. And based on what I heard about his shop and pictures I have seen online, people at his shop do top notch work.

After you have fenders and 1/4 panels, you will also get new hood, bumpers, headlight covers and inner trims, trim under headlights, and side skirts if you choose you. All of the above mentioned parts will need to be painted, in addition to painting rear doors (rear 1/4 flares go over rear doors on sedans). At that point you will have to pay at least 1400 in material (paint, sealer, primer, tools, and bondo if needed). Additional 1400 for the quality labor. So if during the process you decide to change the color, this would be a perfect time because for additional 500 you can have behind doors and trunk repainted too.

I did some math and in my area to have all of the above mentioned done in about 3-4 weeks you are looking to spend at least $6000 if you manage to find 2nd hand parts and sell old bumper, hood, etc.
But at the end you will have a sedan with wider body, which in my opinion looks good. Although some of the work on my sedan was done at home, I think it is totally worth it.

Edit: Yesterday I dropped off bumpers, and misc parts for paint. Almost two years after first cut on the fender. By the way, pearl colors are ****ing awesome. http://imgur.com/a/OY9p6

Last edited by jM2.me; 10-02-2013 at 12:50 PM.
Old 10-02-2013, 05:58 PM   #738
ToMuchFun
Banned User

Quote:
I spoke with one of the local shop owners and was quoted around 1700 for fenders and 1/4 panels done in under a week with my parts. And based on what I heard about his shop and pictures I have seen online, people at his shop do top notch work.

After you have fenders and 1/4 panels, you will also get new hood, bumpers, headlight covers and inner trims, trim under headlights, and side skirts if you choose you. All of the above mentioned parts will need to be painted, in addition to painting rear doors (rear 1/4 flares go over rear doors on sedans). At that point you will have to pay at least 1400 in material (paint, sealer, primer, tools, and bondo if needed). Additional 1400 for the quality labor. So if during the process you decide to change the color, this would be a perfect time because for additional 500 you can have behind doors and trunk repainted too.

I did some math and in my area to have all of the above mentioned done in about 3-4 weeks you are looking to spend at least $6000 if you manage to find 2nd hand parts and sell old bumper, hood, etc.
But at the end you will have a sedan with wider body, which in my opinion looks good. Although some of the work on my sedan was done at home, I think it is totally worth it.

Edit: Yesterday I dropped off bumpers, and misc parts for paint. Almost two years after first cut on the fender. By the way, pearl colors are ****ing awesome. http://imgur.com/a/OY9p6
Pick look good, planning on doing an engine swap? And are your fenders OEM or did you get m3 style?

Last edited by ToMuchFun; 10-02-2013 at 06:01 PM.
Old 10-02-2013, 07:18 PM   #739
jM2.me

Quote:
Pick look good, planning on doing an engine swap? And are your fenders OEM or did you get m3 style?

They aren't m3 style fenders, but I wouldn't call them OEM either.
As I mentioned earlier, the fenders are mix of sedan oem fender and m3 oem fender.
I will probably throw in m62 as soon as I get out of college and get job going.
Old 10-02-2013, 07:30 PM   #740
ToMuchFun
Banned User

Quote:
They aren't m3 style fenders, but I wouldn't call them OEM either.
As I mentioned earlier, the fenders are mix of sedan oem fender and m3 oem fender.
I will probably throw in m62 as soon as I get out of college and get job going.
I meant to say a blend of OEM haha, I'm looking to do all the cosmetic and interior work while I'm in college, then after I graduate and get a job put a S62 in mine.