E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Classifieds > For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy > Suspension and Braking

Suspension and Braking
Springs, shocks, struts, coilovers, camber plates, sway bars, strut bars, suspension bushings, control arms, brake pads, big brake kits, etc.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 10-07-2013, 02:42 PM   #1
Katizzo

My Ride: E40Z06 M3
FS: Bilstein PSS9 coilovers (SoCal)

***SOLD***

Removed from recently purchased used e46 M3. Race car being sponsored by KW so these must go. Ground control springs for adjusted rates on front but worked great in low setting on street and should be good for light track duty. Price reflects slightly dirty/rusty condition (East Coast car) and GC springs. No visible leaks or blown shocks. Mileage unknown.

Update: Now including the upgraded Ground Control Caster/Camber Plates! Pics attached.

Located for inspection and pickup (and installation available) at Castro Motorsport in North Hollywood. 12600 Sherman Way, Unit C. 818 765 3606.

GC front springs should be 450lb rate. Rears Bilstein springs should be 684 lbs. per internet searches.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20131009_201631.jpg
Views:	409
Size:	111.2 KB
ID:	530291   Click image for larger version

Name:	20131009_201728.jpg
Views:	310
Size:	76.0 KB
ID:	530292   Click image for larger version

Name:	20131009_201750.jpg
Views:	279
Size:	76.7 KB
ID:	530293   Click image for larger version

Name:	20131009_201952.jpg
Views:	271
Size:	74.3 KB
ID:	530294  

Click image for larger version

Name:	20131009_202134.jpg
Views:	255
Size:	69.0 KB
ID:	530295  

Last edited by Katizzo; 12-30-2013 at 02:49 AM. Reason: Final local price drop.
Katizzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 10-07-2013, 09:54 PM   #2
m3sc

My Ride: 06 TurboM3,06 SC C55
Please post pics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katizzo View Post
Removed from recently purchased used e46 M3. Race car being sponsored by KW so these must go. Ground control springs for adjusted rates but worked great in low setting on street and should be good for light track duty. Price reflects slightly dirty condition and GC springs.

Located for inspection and pickup (and installation available) at Castro Motorsport in North Hollywood.

$825 OBO.

Make good offer and they are yours. No time for back and forth!
m3sc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 09:16 PM   #3
StacheyJay124

My Ride: 2002 LT Tacoma
X2 for pictures
StacheyJay124 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 02:23 PM   #4
Katizzo

Will post pics shortly and confirm spring rates. prefer local buyers who can pick up in North Hollywood. Located at Castro Motorsport at 12600 Sherman Way, Unit C, North Hollywood, CA. Installation available for additional fee-speak to them for quote.

Priced to sell this week. Need the cash for new parts! Come and take advantage of a very good deal on adjustable coilovers for the price of cheap, non adjustable versions!!

Last edited by Katizzo; 10-24-2013 at 09:57 PM.
Old 10-09-2013, 03:12 PM   #5
m3sc

My Ride: 06 TurboM3,06 SC C55
Without pics and mileage on these. It is very difficult to make any offer.

Are the shocks and springs still in good condition? I can offer you $600 max for them now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katizzo View Post
Will post pics shortly and confirm spring rates. prefer local buyers who can pick up in North Hollywood. Located at Castro Motorsport at 12600 Sherman Way, Unit C, North Hollywood, CA. Installation available for additional fee-speak to them for quote.

Dropped price from $825 OBO to $700 firm to cut to the chase. Priced to sell this week. Need the cash for new parts! Come and take advantage of a very good deal on adjustable coilovers for the price of cheap, non adjustable versions!!
m3sc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 11:26 AM   #6
mellowjamesy

My Ride: 2005 325i Sedan
miles? condition? blowns or leaks? history? For coupes or sedans?

Eurotek | Racelands | Falken | Carbon Creations | Akebono | ONEX | Magnaflow | Eagle Eyes

Last edited by mellowjamesy; 10-12-2013 at 11:26 AM.
mellowjamesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 06:37 PM   #7
M3_CABRIO

My Ride: M3 / M5 / X5
The springs seems to be 450lb springs
Old 10-13-2013, 12:17 PM   #8
Katizzo

Quote:
Originally Posted by mellowjamesy View Post
miles? condition? blowns or leaks? history? For coupes or sedans?
Please read original post to answer your questions.

M3 Coupe.
Old 10-13-2013, 03:33 PM   #9
Katizzo

Folks, FYI, this is the car that these came from:

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=1007169
Old 10-21-2013, 08:17 PM   #10
Katizzo

OK, I will ship them at this point as two local buyers have not come through with payment. If anybody wants them shipped, PM me. We will get a general estimate and you can pay that and then a receipt will be provided and any balance will be refunded or shortage requested.
Old 10-22-2013, 02:41 PM   #11
MouwieM3

My Ride: E46 M3
Fyi

I drove out a couple hours in traffic to see this set and wanted to provide some more insight into the condition of them for prospective buyers.

The Good:
  1. Adjustment knobs had a decent amount of feedback from each click and none of them were stuck
  2. None of the shocks are blown as far as I can tell (attempted to hand compress on lowest setting and none gave in)

The Bad:
  1. Camber plates are damaged all over including bent reinforcement plates, numerous gouges into the metal, and bent studs (also they're the older race plates)
  2. The camber plate bearings were entirely filled with debris/grit and individual camber settings were significantly off from one another (hopefully it was just a bent control arm or something of that nature from the donor vehicle)
  3. Eibach springs were severely damaged as well as an attempt to weld one of lowest coils to anther (refer to the picture below) and a missing chunk out of the other spring
  4. Shocks might be leaking a bit but it was difficult to tell as it looked to be wiped clean near the seals on the body
  5. Still have to buy rear ride height adjusters since castro could not find them (170 online for the pair)

Picture of the springs:

I wouldn't pay more than what you believe the 50k+ shocks and struts are worth..

-Adam
MouwieM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 05:07 PM   #12
eddle_wlnslow

My Ride: E46 M3
thanks for the headsup! the OPs description and pics didnt really show or explain too much about these.
eddle_wlnslow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 05:51 PM   #13
Katizzo

Nothing to hide here. My post and pictures and recommendation to view them and pick them up in person clearly support this. I have no intent to mislead anybody so please be careful with your assertions. This is a used part/product without a perfectly clear and documented history since I bought them on a car that was used. My price reflects all of the above and I've represented their condition to the best of my ability (I'm not a suspension mechanic, I'll admit...).

If you are not interested in them then that is your choice but I have to disagree on some of your "bad" points below.

If you want "new" condition and perfectly clean, pay NEW prices which are 3x my price at a minimum...KW's are 4-5x this price. No parts are missing that I am aware of. If anything is missing that I've listed in my ad, I'll work it out with the shop and replace or reduce my price but this is not a bait and switch and I always operate with integrity in all of my business dealings. I am an executive at a very large, publicly held company and am not here to rip people off of a few hundred dollars...

First off, the camber plates were thrown into the deal as an extra/freebie. Yes, they are dirty but they are in working condition as they were working on the car when we removed them. A gouge does not surprise me but it does not impede function and we've included pictures to show condition. Just because the adjusters are not equal does not indicate damage, LOL. It means that they were set improperly on the vehicle by the previous owner and the car had some bad bushings (all now replaced) so this may be part of that reason.

Shocks show no signs of leaking as you saw and have been driven on by myself for a few weeks as well. There were no leaks intentionally wiped to hide anything but some general cleanup for pictures was done given that these are suspension parts that are subjected to road debris and dirt on a daily basis for who knows how long.

Again, if there is a major component missing, I'll reduce price but I believe everything is available. I've sent a note for the shop to confirm. They were on the car WORKING before we swapped them for the new KW Clubsports for track duty.

Having said all of the above, I have two local parties who have seen them setup close to purchasing. If anybody else wants them, come take a look for yourself and make your own opinions. If you are expecting new for $650, look elsewhere, please and save us all time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MouwieM3 View Post
I drove out a couple hours in traffic to see this set and wanted to provide some more insight into the condition of them for prospective buyers.

The Good:
  1. Adjustment knobs had a decent amount of feedback from each click and none of them were stuck
  2. None of the shocks are blown as far as I can tell (attempted to hand compress on lowest setting and none gave in)

The Bad:
  1. Camber plates are damaged all over including bent reinforcement plates, numerous gouges into the metal, and bent studs (also they're the older race plates)
  2. The camber plate bearings were entirely filled with debris/grit and individual camber settings were significantly off from one another (hopefully it was just a bent control arm or something of that nature from the donor vehicle)
  3. Eibach springs were severely damaged as well as an attempt to weld one of lowest coils to anther (refer to the picture below) and a missing chunk out of the other spring
  4. Shocks might be leaking a bit but it was difficult to tell as it looked to be wiped clean near the seals on the body
  5. Still have to buy rear ride height adjusters since castro could not find them (170 online for the pair)

Picture of the springs:

I wouldn't pay more than what you believe the 50k+ shocks and struts are worth..

-Adam
Old 10-22-2013, 05:54 PM   #14
Katizzo

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddle_wlnslow View Post
thanks for the headsup! the OPs description and pics didnt really show or explain too much about these.
Read the whole tread. All known information is included. If you have questions, post up or PM me.
Old 10-24-2013, 09:53 PM   #15
Katizzo

So I went out to the shop to double check all of the "claims" of MouwieM3 as I wanted to make sure that everything was good. The adjusters were missing but will be replaced and they are way less than $170, LOL. The shop has misplaced them so we will work that out. I'm also willing to sell them without the adjusters for less if you have your own or prefer to source them. The camber plates are fully functional with no material damage in any way unless you consider cosmetics truly important and want brand new (look elsewhere, please). Definitely used and have normal wear and tear but I'm confident that they are fully functional per the shop and will work great.

The rear spring did have the lowest coil pushed up under the upper one apparently. It has been since pulled back and confirmed in fine working condition. No huge chunks missing but some surface rust. I don't know how somebody would call them "severely damaged" but maybe the poster was referring to himself or his mental state and/or technical and mechanical aptitude inadvertently...(?)

Anyways, I'll now sell them for $500 as-is without the lower height adjusters or $600 with working ones just to move these. Let me know. Too much time wasted on all of this already. Best of luck finding anything comparable for less than this. The price is more than fair for somebody actually in need or for somebody who doesn't seem to have a bone to pick. Lowballers, please don't waste my time. Thanks!
Old 10-25-2013, 07:14 PM   #16
TnT817

My Ride: 01 330ci
Just as a heads up if you have the receipt from them being purchased from the previous owner you can send them to Bilstein and they will rebuild and fix them for free. You just pay shipping. I shipped a set of pss10's from Ohio to Cali for under 60 bucks and they came back in 2 weeks looking and performing great!
Old 10-29-2013, 03:13 AM   #17
Katizzo

Thanks for tip! No way to get original receipt...
Old 10-29-2013, 07:08 PM   #18
TnT817

My Ride: 01 330ci
Bummer.
Old 11-02-2013, 07:59 PM   #19
Snik
OEM ///Member

My Ride: IR M3 Vert.
FS: Bilstein PSS9 coilovers (SoCal)

Never mind

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

Last edited by Snik; 11-02-2013 at 08:02 PM.
Snik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 02:56 PM   #20
Katizzo

Cool. No way to tell exact mileage, sorry.