E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Health & Fitness

Health & Fitness
Discuss any topics related to heath and fitness here.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-17-2013, 02:13 PM   #1
zikhkd

My Ride: AMG
Send a message via AIM to zikhkd
zikhkd diet progress thread

the part I slack most, dieting. I am going to track my dieting with this thread.

I'm away from home 8-10 hours everyday either at work or on the road. so I always slack when it comes down to dieting

some background info about myself, I'm 6'3 - 185lb - work out 3x a week.

I used to be very skinny at 180 3 years ago, until I got into the whole fitness scene and started taking mass gainers, going to the gym frequently, and was on point with dieting. Reached 200lb, and felt GREAT. things went downhill after I started working long hours and basically lost track of my diet. Much of that weight shifted over and made me look fat! did intense cardio after with muay thai almost everyday and lost some mass while maintaining strength.

for the past 3 months I was heavily involved with work, being out of town and lost track completely. I want to get back to where I was - and I know its possible since I've done it before!! all it takes is dedication

Here is the chart I've came up with - macros won't be on point everyday but I will make an effort to do so. protein seems a bit high at 354. Everyones input would be appreciated since I know some of you have better knowledge when it comes to dieting.

This chart came from anthony ellis's ebook- mass gainer. if you would like a copy PM me

I'm going to Thailand in January so I want to get into good shape by then! I will be tracking my progress through FatSecret app and posting up meals in this thread. my main focus is dieting from now on so hopefully I can get where I want to get by end of this year! Goal is to be 190-195

Last edited by zikhkd; 10-18-2013 at 12:27 AM.
zikhkd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 12:25 AM   #2
zikhkd

zikhkd diet progress thread

Protein shake:

One cup oatmeal
2 tbsp peanut butter
Banana
One scoop ISO 100
Ice + water

Breakdown: 22F 90C 46P

Daily diet will consist of 2 shakes. Maybe one without pb so I can stay in track with my macros. Great tasting shake

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1382073920.533087.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	80.4 KB
ID:	531270

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

Last edited by zikhkd; 10-18-2013 at 08:47 AM.
zikhkd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 12:59 PM   #3
dabears

My Ride: 2003 BMW M3
I think you will be very hard pressed to meet your protein goal given your other macro targets. Usually complete proteins have an average pairing of 50/50 fat to protein grams. Lower exceptions are boneless skinless chicken breast, whey, tuna etc... higher exceptions are things like bacon, ribs, brisket, ribeye steak cuts etc.

My personal advice would to be to aim for 1.5 x your bodyweight in protein (and no more than 250g a day), eat enough carbs to fuel your workouts/daily activities, and fill the rest of the calories with fat. More like a 33/33/33 split.

You talk about having slacking issues with diet which everyone usually has... but to me this plan seems complicated / difficult and ultimately you might find yourself back to your old habits.

My 2c if you like eating 6 meals a day would be the following:

Proteins:
Animal source 4x a day.
Whey source 2x a day (one coming post workout)

Carbs:
Roughly 100g (2 cups of rice for example) before you workout
Roughly 100-150g after you workout

Fat sources:
Majority of fat intake comes from animal proteins
Add avocados to meals
Nut or peanut butter
Snack on nuts or cottage cheese etc

If you meet your calorie goals & eat this kind of food makeup... your macro goals should be met as well without having to focus on them.

I think you have the right idea, but I know I've personally been guilty of having ambitious plans that work in theory but over time become unmanageable.
Old 10-19-2013, 12:55 AM   #4
zikhkd

Good stuff- no way I would be able to get in 350g protein but setting that as a goal gets me to 220-250g a day

Before work I made a bunch of wheat tortilla wraps with scrambled eggs, each came out to be about 20C 8F 10P - had about 5 of them. Lunch had a chicken salad sandwich, Dinner was chicken with rice and vegetables. Snacks included protein shake x2, chicken salad, almonds and quest protein bars

Feels good, about to sleep and wake up early around 6am so I can prepare my food for rest of the day