E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum

Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum
Have all your A/V and electronics questions answered here. Ipods, A/V, Radar Detectors Oh My!
Sponsored by Bavarian Soundwerks

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 26 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 10-18-2013, 02:17 PM   #841
Linx

My Ride: '02 BMW 325iT
Quote:
Originally Posted by TR4G- View Post
There are a couple floating around YouTube. Certainly wouldn't call them formal. Most of the interface reviews are off the 5151, but a few from e46s. Not much more information than found on these threads, but they do give you a straight up look at the load times and the way the steering wheel buttons interact. For example: I didn't realize that the R/T button changes input mode or that the Bluetooth talk button changes the EQ preset.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
The Bluetooth button does change EQ modes but I found out if you're on the BT screen, it will actually call the last number dialed when pressed. Not sure if it's defaulted to that or if it's cuz I repeatedly tried to map that button to do it. But as said it only works for a BT call when on the BT screen.
Linx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 05:07 PM   #842
asdetail

My Ride: 2002 325ci coupe
Quote:
Sorry, but I'm not trying to bash people for buying this by any means. The reason I'm so animated and participating in these threads is because I am extremely serious about purchasing one. Thus, I want to illicit responses from people about all the aspects of this unit. Sorry if my cursing offended you. It's just that I'm surprised so few have tested their mics. I'm glad kingarthur is testing his and getting back to me.

Everything else seems pretty awesome about this unit. Certainly a better option than dynavin considering the cost, but more importantly that both have their own set of bugs. Why get a 900 dollar unit with different bugs ha. But seriously, this product looks great, and all I've been doing the past week is reading reviews and watching videos of the interface. Please don't confuse my responses as needless, I've gathered a fair amount of information from them

Don't get animated,just buy the bloody thing!,its only $300 bucks!,and worth every cent,you will not be disappointed,yes it has a few little issues granted,but the good outweighs the bad,and at the pricepoint it is stellar value for money that you simply wont get in any other chinese sourced headunit.
I have procrastinated less over buying a 30 grand vehicle!.
This positive plug,of course, doesn't mean I have changed my mind about eonons after sales service, that still sucks in my opinion.

Last edited by asdetail; 10-18-2013 at 05:12 PM.
asdetail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 05:49 PM   #843
asdetail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thekingarthur View Post
I find that hard to believe. They're not installing multiple color LEDs for each color option, they probably have an RGB setup whose final color value is controlled in software. Besides, I have an orange option on my unit that I just installed last night :-) Matches perfectly.
which brings me to the question that all the older d5150 owners should ask of eonon,WHY THE @##$%% DID YOU NOT MAKE IT ORANGE IN THE FIRST PLACE!!, all they had to do was look at a picture of an e46 dashboard at night,i am sure there are plenty out there on the web.
Old 10-18-2013, 06:15 PM   #844
Thekingarthur

My Ride: 2002 M3 SMG Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by asdetail View Post
which brings me to the question that all the older d5150 owners should ask of eonon,WHY THE @##$%% DID YOU NOT MAKE IT ORANGE IN THE FIRST PLACE!!, all they had to do was look at a picture of an e46 dashboard at night,i am sure there are plenty out there on the web.
Indeed. They also advertise orange LED color buttons on the product page. Oops.

http://www.eonon.com/Car-GPS/Specifi...BMW/D5150.html
Thekingarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 09:10 PM   #845
daki_bmw

My Ride: 330Ci
Quote:
Indeed. They also advertise orange LED color buttons on the product page. Oops.

http://www.eonon.com/Car-GPS/Specifi...BMW/D5150.html
King, it was not advertised that way UNTIL they changed it. It was almost a dealbreaker for me, that's why I remember. I was like WTF all those colors like yellow and pink which are totally unusable, unless you want to entartain your 3yo daughter or 18yo girlfriend and they didn't put simple orange/amber.
Old 10-19-2013, 12:02 AM   #846
asdetail

I too wondered why they had all those useless colour options when they only needed one,the bmw orange colour to match the panel light colour,and while I am at it,why all the different manufacturer logo options in a head unit that was designed to fit a bmw?,I mean its not as if you could stuff it in a Toyota or nissan could you?,i guess I will put it down to the fact they are chinese and think somewhat differently about these sort of things
Old 10-19-2013, 12:06 AM   #847
TR4G-

My Ride: '01 325xi
Just ordered a Eonon D5150! (New version of Eonon D5113/Enco B146)

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdetail View Post
I too wondered why they had all those useless colour options when they only needed one,the bmw orange colour to match the panel light colour,and while I am at it,why all the different manufacturer logo options in a head unit that was designed to fit a bmw?,I mean its not as if you could stuff it in a Toyota or nissan could you?,i guess I will put it down to the fact they are chinese and think somewhat differently about these sort of things
I'm pretty happy they have blue:

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1382155538.025555.jpg
Views:	242
Size:	165.3 KB
ID:	531352

Old 10-19-2013, 12:20 AM   #848
Thekingarthur

Quote:
I'm pretty happy they have blue:

Attachment 531352

Ok that's pretty sweet. How did you do that?
Old 10-19-2013, 01:11 AM   #849
TR4G-

Quote:
Ok that's pretty sweet. How did you do that?
Oh you know, soldered on new surface mount LEDs to the cluster. Did the steering wheel, HVAC, radio, and window switches too. But that's neither here nor there. Lets focus on getting that mic working!

@Linx. That's actually pretty nifty regarding the call last dialed in BT mode. Good to know. When you say you attempted to map the button what do you mean by that?

@asdetail. Sorry but I'm not made of money! Just dropped about 600$ on my xi. Gotta wait at least till next month. Gotta space the upgrades/ maintenance out!

Last edited by TR4G-; 10-19-2013 at 01:22 AM.
TR4G- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 10:09 AM   #850
Thekingarthur

Quote:
Oh you know, soldered on new surface mount LEDs to the cluster. Did the steering wheel, HVAC, radio, and window switches too. But that's neither here nor there. Lets focus on getting that mic working!

@Linx. That's actually pretty nifty regarding the call last dialed in BT mode. Good to know. When you say you attempted to map the button what do you mean by that?

@asdetail. Sorry but I'm not made of money! Just dropped about 600$ on my xi. Gotta wait at least till next month. Gotta space the upgrades/ maintenance out!

Pretty hardcore dude. Where did you source the LEDs from? I would totally do that in red.

Mic ordered! This one looks like it might be easier to hide.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Old 10-19-2013, 11:00 AM   #851
TR4G-

Quote:
Pretty hardcore dude. Where did you source the LEDs from? I would totally do that in red.

Mic ordered! This one looks like it might be easier to hide.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Awesome! Hope this works out. Also hope eonon isn't like Nintendo 64. Those had a specialty screw that was like a Phillips head but with 3 wings, not 4 -_-

Also there's a huge thread about swapping your LEDs on the cluster. Search cluster led DIY or something like that. I didn't use it but its a pretty simple process. Similar idea for the other components. I used some basic site that sells LEDs, got em for like 66c each? I two toned it blue and white but the whites are way too intense and don't dim with the dimmer like the blues do. Gotta fix that! (Blinkers, airbag, seat belt, and the typical green lights on the HVAC are white)

Old 10-20-2013, 06:42 PM   #852
Linx

OK so I encountered my first problem with the unit after its been installed exactly one week. I tested everything once hooked up and before finalization and all worked well. I tried a cd and dvd and they ejected with no problem. I left a cd in and iit's been there ever since. Last night my son wanted to watch a dvd while we were driving somewhere but my cd wouldn't eject. It sounded like it was coming up but not out. Then it would reset the cd back in the player. So this morning I took a look at it and noticed the dust shield where you insert the cd in was hanging down on the right side to the inside. I took a pair of needle nose pliers and slowly pulled it out. Now everything is working fine again. Tested the player (dvd and cd) and no problems. Now I doubt this is a problem with these units as I haven't heard of anyone else having this problem. The shield has notches that hook to the inside and it just seems two weren't hooked that well. Just an issue of quality control. Still love this unit.
Old 10-21-2013, 06:49 AM   #853
djsb29

My Ride: 320ci
Just ordered this - should be here thursday! Been skimming threads everywhere but wanted to know if anybody has any success running Tom Tom on this? or do most people just use IGO?
djsb29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 12:26 PM   #854
therealet23

My Ride: BMW M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by djsb29 View Post
Just ordered this - should be here thursday! Been skimming threads everywhere but wanted to know if anybody has any success running Tom Tom on this? or do most people just use IGO?
IGO Primo 2.4.... I have it. It's extremely legit...
therealet23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 12:29 PM   #855
djsb29

Quote:
Originally Posted by therealet23 View Post
Many Thanks - any guides on getting this? I've just purchased a 16GB SD card to put the maps on....

Also Just waiting for Eonon to reply on the forum here regarding my order I placed... I missed the group buy and therefor paid 30 more! Trying to source a partial refund for the difference!
Old 10-21-2013, 12:32 PM   #856
therealet23

My Ride: BMW M3
Quote:
Many Thanks - any guides on getting this? I've just purchased a 16GB SD card to put the maps on....

Also Just waiting for Eonon to reply on the forum here regarding my order I placed... I missed the group buy and therefor paid 30 more! Trying to source a partial refund for the difference!
Google it for instructions and download links.... it's extremely easy to find.

and the BG is still going on...

http://www.eonon.com/Car-GPS/Specifi...MW/D5150T.html

Last edited by therealet23; 10-21-2013 at 12:42 PM.
therealet23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 12:54 PM   #857
djsb29

Quote:
Google it for instructions and download links.... it's extremely easy to find.

and the BG is still going on...

http://www.eonon.com/Car-GPS/Specifi...MW/D5150T.html
Found the software, just need some UK maps... seems so technical!

And yeah I already purchased and paid for my unit at full price...
Old 10-21-2013, 01:00 PM   #858
Linx

Quote:
Found the software, just need some UK maps... seems so technical!

And yeah I already purchased and paid for my unit at full price...
PM me. I know where you can get the maps. Just don't think it's OK to be posting another site on here.
Old 10-21-2013, 01:03 PM   #859
Linx

Quote:
Question. When using Igo, does it give you the street names as you approach? Mine just tells me to turn right/left on the next street. I know I installed the voice package.
Old 10-21-2013, 01:11 PM   #860
Thekingarthur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linx View Post
Question. When using Igo, does it give you the street names as you approach? Mine just tells me to turn right/left on the next street. I know I installed the voice package.
You have to download and install the option TTS voices to add street name announcements.