E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum

Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum
Have all your A/V and electronics questions answered here. Ipods, A/V, Radar Detectors Oh My!
Sponsored by Bavarian Soundwerks

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 26 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 10-21-2013, 01:50 PM   #861
therealet23

My Ride: BMW M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thekingarthur View Post
You have to download and install the option TTS voices to add street name announcements.
x2. There are a couple of voices that will tell you the street names too if you download the correct voices pack.
therealet23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 02:10 PM   #862
Linx

My Ride: '02 BMW 325iT
Can anyone refer me to a site where I can get the tts and buildings? Apparently the one I went to isn't working for me. I loaded in both and I get neither buildings or tts. But the thing is when in nav I go to the help then info, it shows buildings version installed. Someone from another forum said if I live in a big congested city that it won't show buildings. I live in Los Angeles so maybe it's true, idk.
Linx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 06:47 AM   #863
asdetail

My Ride: 2002 325ci coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linx View Post
Can anyone refer me to a site where I can get the tts and buildings? Apparently the one I went to isn't working for me. I loaded in both and I get neither buildings or tts. But the thing is when in nav I go to the help then info, it shows buildings version installed. Someone from another forum said if I live in a big congested city that it won't show buildings. I live in Los Angeles so maybe it's true, idk.
try here.http://http://www.austech.info/gps/
asdetail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 01:29 PM   #864
chaos11624

My Ride: e46 M3
been lurking in this forum for a while , finally decided to pick one of these up after a year of bouncing back and forth on decision between the dynavin d99 and waiting for the avin to come out
seems like everything i need and for the price i had to pull the trigger. look forward to getting this in a week , will let you all know how the install goes and if i encounter any problems
chaos11624 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 01:45 PM   #865
Linx

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdetail View Post
Went to it and I couldn't find anywhere to download anything. Seemed like it's just a forum. Though for some reason your link didn't work so I just typed in the name and then found the gps section.
Old 10-22-2013, 02:33 PM   #866
chaos11624

My Ride: e46 M3
sent you a PM Linx
chaos11624 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 03:40 PM   #867
knightrider5000

My Ride: 1999 BMW 323i 4 door
Send a message via Yahoo to knightrider5000
So my canbus came and it didnt work, contacted eonon. Turns out I need the new power cable since some changes in the wiring have been done to the new power cables since the one unit I bought. Also I didnt have to pay eonon any money for a new can bus, but they did offer to ship it to me faster for $20 I declined and waited the 4 weeks as they stated, which I didnt mind. Also they didnt charge me for the power cable either which was slow shipped to me as well and I am still waiting on but its only been a week so far. Again I declined there faster method of shipping for $20. So all and all I only spent idk maybe $10 in shipping back the old canbus to them for the new. Im just hoping when I get the power cord it resolves the back up camera issue on my unit and my steering wheel functions work. I will let you all know. Seems they wired the new power cord with a spacific wire for the back up camera now with the new units. Does anyone know if the signal for that wire has to be +12 volts or negitive ground to trigger the cam to work? Trying to avoid wireing it to the place in the glove box that you guys posted. Was thinking of just running the wire from the reverse light signal straight to the backup cam wire at the deck.
knightrider5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 04:41 PM   #868
daki_bmw

My Ride: 330Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by knightrider5000 View Post
So my canbus came and it didnt work, contacted eonon. Turns out I need the new power cable since some changes in the wiring have been done to the new power cables since the one unit I bought. Also I didnt have to pay eonon any money for a new can bus, but they did offer to ship it to me faster for $20 I declined and waited the 4 weeks as they stated, which I didnt mind. Also they didnt charge me for the power cable either which was slow shipped to me as well and I am still waiting on but its only been a week so far. Again I declined there faster method of shipping for $20. So all and all I only spent idk maybe $10 in shipping back the old canbus to them for the new. Im just hoping when I get the power cord it resolves the back up camera issue on my unit and my steering wheel functions work. I will let you all know. Seems they wired the new power cord with a spacific wire for the back up camera now with the new units. Does anyone know if the signal for that wire has to be +12 volts or negitive ground to trigger the cam to work? Trying to avoid wireing it to the place in the glove box that you guys posted. Was thinking of just running the wire from the reverse light signal straight to the backup cam wire at the deck.
Check post #771 (by me, lol).
Old 10-22-2013, 05:31 PM   #869
knightrider5000

My Ride: 1999 BMW 323i 4 door
Send a message via Yahoo to knightrider5000
ok daki I will try the 12 volt wire from the back light. Just waiting on the new power cord to do it as the old one does not have the reverse camera wire.
knightrider5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 06:32 PM   #870
wicked_ink

My Ride: 2002 325i
Not sure if you got the building and voice files yet Linx, but check your inbox. I've uploaded them.
wicked_ink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 06:48 PM   #871
Linx

Quote:
Originally Posted by wicked_ink View Post
Not sure if you got the building and voice files yet Linx, but check your inbox. I've uploaded them.
I did Wicked. was trying to reply back from my phone but it's giving me issues. Anyways I just was saying thank you very much. I'm at work but will try this when I get home tonight and let you know how it goes. Thanks again.
Old 10-22-2013, 07:01 PM   #872
wicked_ink

My Ride: 2002 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linx View Post
I did Wicked. was trying to reply back from my phone but it's giving me issues. Anyways I just was saying thank you very much. I'm at work but will try this when I get home tonight and let you know how it goes. Thanks again.
Cool, let us know how it works out for you.

Last edited by wicked_ink; 10-22-2013 at 07:31 PM.
wicked_ink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 07:12 AM   #873
djsb29

My Ride: 320ci
Just got my delivery shipment to say my neighbour has my unit!! Roll on home time!
djsb29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 11:49 AM   #874
shingo43

My Ride: 04 325ci
the email address is eonon.com@sbo2.net (I know weird email)
I suggest everyone send their bug lists to them

oops posted in the wrong thread

Last edited by shingo43; 10-23-2013 at 11:58 AM.
shingo43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 07:18 PM   #875
orion7144

My Ride: 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by therealet23 View Post
x2. There are a couple of voices that will tell you the street names too if you download the correct voices pack.
I am having a hard time hearing the voice commands including the stupid speed limit one. I have all the volume selections at max.
orion7144 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 09:37 PM   #876
shingo43

My Ride: 04 325ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by orion7144 View Post
I am having a hard time hearing the voice commands including the stupid speed limit one. I have all the volume selections at max.
try another version of igo primo http://navitotal.com/
shingo43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 04:00 AM   #877
Thekingarthur

My Ride: 2002 M3 SMG Vert
Heads up for anyone experiencing Bluetooth call quality issues: It's very easy to install an external mic which significantly improves the call quality. I have posted a DIY with detailed step by step instructions and pictures.

DIY External Bluetooth Microphone Install for Eonon D5150 Car DVD Player
Thekingarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 08:44 AM   #878
Valentino5

My Ride: 330i (2001)
URGENT #1: Does your Eonon unit has problems releasing the CD when ejecting? I put a CD to see if the functions worked (and it did), but it would not eject unless I slid a card in to help pull it out.

URGENT #2: How do you set up the GPS NAVI maping? When I press the "NAVI" button, a screen comes up asking to set the correct path on the GPS Micro SD card (It does not read automatically). I tried going through the folders and could not find any file or folder to relate. How do you even select the path for reading? (Do I hold down on the folder/file for a few secs or is there another way?)

URGENT #3: I'm a bit clueless where to splice the wires for my wireless reversing camera's receiver in the front dash. I'm guessing I would just have to drag the wiring behind the glove box where all the fuses and other slots are? I should be looking in my manual sometime today if not tomorrow to verify where the reverse taillight is.... (NOTE: I was able to splice the transmitter into the reverse tail light wire. Would this be the correct location in doing so? I have seen people splice a wire along the inner right side of the trunk [Near the battery] where you can find many wires wrapped among one another behind the gray covering.)

Last edited by Valentino5; 10-24-2013 at 09:11 AM.
Valentino5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 09:12 AM   #879
therealet23

My Ride: BMW M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valentino5 View Post
URGENT #1: Does your Eonon unit has problems releasing the CD when ejecting? I put a CD to see if the functions worked (and it did), but it would not eject unless I slid a card in to help pull it out.

URGENT #2: How do you set up the GPS NAVI maping? When I press the "NAVI" button, a screen comes up asking to set the correct path on the GPS Micro SD card. I tried going through the folders and could not find any file or folder to relate. How do you even select the path for reading? (Do I hold down on the folder/file for a few secs or just simple press the "NAVI" button)

URGENT #3: I'm a bit clueless where to splice the wires for my wireless reversing camera's receiver in the front dash. I'm guessing I would just have to drag the wiring behind the glove box where all the fuses and other slots are? I should be looking in my manual sometime today if not tomorrow to verify where the reverse taillight is.... (NOTE: I was able to splice the transmitter into the reverse tail light wire. Would this be the correct location in doing so? I have seen people splice a wire along the inner right side of the trunk [Near the battery] where you can find many wires wrapped among one another behind the gray covering.)

1: Did you remove the screws in the top of the unit? Mine ejects fine.

2: You need to have the Nagivation software on the GPS SD card and then point to the .exe file (primo.exe or whatever program you have).

3: I didn't install one
therealet23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 09:26 AM   #880
Valentino5

My Ride: 330i (2001)
1: Did you remove the screws in the top of the unit? Mine ejects fine. I did remove the screws, I notice this happen to someone else on the forums, I forget who. The CD will not eject.

2: You need to have the Nagivation software on the GPS SD card and then point to the .exe file (primo.exe or whatever program you have). How do I get the software for the NAVI to work? What choices do I have from? Which is better?

Last edited by Valentino5; 10-24-2013 at 09:32 AM. Reason: HTML
Valentino5 is offline   Reply With Quote