E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Political Talk

Political Talk
You may discuss anything regarding politics in this forum ONLY. If you cannot respect others opinions, your access to this forum will be removed.

Old 10-23-2013, 09:34 AM   #21
'busa

My Ride: E90 335i (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by evolved View Post
It's just like the Conservative community with Glenn Beck.

With both Beck and Stewart, they have the ability to make salient points, but the basis of their shows should be taken as satire.
Ummm... Really?

I don't see the similarities between a comedy news show on a comedy channel and a guy who had a serious talk show on AM radio, then a serious show on a "legitimate" news channel and is deeply intertwined in the Republican political circles.
Old 10-23-2013, 09:37 AM   #22
'busa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green_Shine View Post
It's funny to see your own medicine. If he wasn't posted on this site multiple times in an effort to make a point, I would never even thought to post that video, it's not even real.. Everyone thinks Stewart is funny, however for some reason the liberal community has the inability to differentiate between satire and reality, so they take this show like real ****ing news. People actually form political opinions and feel Stewart is actually backing some of their viewpoints. It is frightening. In a nutshell, the retards ruined what would normally be a good comedy show for everyone else.
Make whatever point you want. It might even be a good point. No one is denying that the rollout of Obamacare has is having problems.

Just don't dismiss it as easily when the shoe is on the other foot and Republicans are made fun of. Don't say "Oh, it's just The Daily Show." Because you're using it for your argument, too.

I still stand by the fact that this comedy show is far more factual and honest than 90% of the stuff on Fox News (and other cable news stations to lesser degrees).

Last edited by 'busa; 10-23-2013 at 09:38 AM.
'busa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 09:39 AM   #23
evolved

My Ride: 2011 BMW 135i
Quote:
Originally Posted by 'busa View Post
Ummm... Really?

I don't see the similarities between a comedy news show on a comedy channel and a guy who had a serious talk show on AM radio, then a serious show on a "legitimate" news channel and is deeply intertwined in the Republican political circles.
That's a fair point.

Present
2011 BMW 135i - BSM
Past
2006 Mazdaspeed 6 GT, 2000 BMW 323ci, 2003 Evolution VIII, 1995 Nissan 240sx w/ SR20DET

E46Sig
evolved is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 09:47 AM   #24
'busa

Quote:
That's a fair point.
That's without even getting into the bits about Glenn Beck directly profiting from his hysteria and panic inducing program. Gold, survival kits, food insurance...
Old 10-23-2013, 09:48 AM   #25
evolved

My Ride: 2011 BMW 135i
Quote:
Originally Posted by 'busa View Post
That's without even getting into the bits about Glenn Beck directly profiting from his hysteria and panic inducing program. Gold, survival kits, food insurance...
I find his fear pedaling pretty entertaining.....the moment he started pushing gold a rational (key word) investor should have known they missed the bus.

Present
2011 BMW 135i - BSM
Past
2006 Mazdaspeed 6 GT, 2000 BMW 323ci, 2003 Evolution VIII, 1995 Nissan 240sx w/ SR20DET

E46Sig
evolved is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 10:07 AM   #26
'busa

Quote:
I find his fear pedaling pretty entertaining.....the moment he started pushing gold a rational (key word) investor should have known they missed the bus.
I'd like to see a chart of left and right commentators compared by their level of political slant and/or craziness.

I mean, who do you have on the left?

Ed Schultz, Rachel Maddow, Bill Maher, Chris Matthews, Michael Moore

The right?

Rush Limbaugh, Glenn Beck, Sean Hannity, Ann Coulter, Eric Bolling and Greg Gutfeld, Fox & Friends

Which ones are equals?
Old 10-23-2013, 10:09 AM   #27
Born Again

Location: Tis quite a statement. Where do you live - where do we all live? in our minds? our souls? our bodies?
My Ride: She aint much 330ci
Our boy? You choosing sides now?

You didn't strike me as conservative. You know unwilling for change and cooperation

best mod to date : OEM grocery bag holder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zell View Post
E46Fanatics - the Honda community of gun owners. Keep staying classy, I'm sure you all are going to be excellent examples of how to keep gun rights from being infringed. :facepalm:
Born Again is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 02:17 PM   #28
bimmerfan08

My Ride: Phoenix Yellow M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Again View Post
Our boy? You choosing sides now?

You didn't strike me as conservative. You know unwilling for change and cooperation
What would happen if I told you I was conservative...fiscally?

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Inline6 View Post
If there is one thing I despise most it's blacks always pulling the race card. It's so annoying and is often misplaced.
bimmerfan08 is offline   Reply With Quote