E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > Sponsor Press Releases & New Product Announcements > Site Sponsor Group Buys

Site Sponsor Group Buys
Group buys from the sponsors that support E46Fanatics.com and other approved group buys.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 18 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 10-25-2013, 03:32 PM   #401
Keaton1

My Ride: 2001 330 CIC
Quote:
Originally Posted by shingo43 View Post
Can you please try without gps sync? Does the clock show correct time or still shows the last time when you shut off the car?
Hi Shingo. Tried it for you this afternoon. I unchecked the GPS sync and then manually changed the time so I was about 20 minutes too fast. That way I could check it against the BMW clock in the OBD menu and make sure it was keeping its time. It did.

I shut the car off 4 different times, once for almost 3 hrs. The Eonon clock kept track of the time when the car was off, and was always exactly 20 minutes more than the BMW OBD clock. Then when I was through testing, I went back in and re-synced to the GPS, saved it by exiting, and in about 5-8 seconds, it synced up again and corrected itself to the real time.

Have no idea if the firmware update has anything to do with it though, as I have never set the time manually before and always used synced GPS time. I'd doubt the update could hurt, and its very simple to do. But you've probably also seen in just the past few posts, that Carlos / Eonon is saying we should ask them first before doing updates so we don't mess it up somehow. Several of us are asking him for clarification on this, and I'm sure you'll see his post when he replies. Good luck.
Keaton1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 05:04 PM   #402
wicked_ink

My Ride: 2002 325i
How many of you installed a rear view camera as well?
wicked_ink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 05:30 PM   #403
Thekingarthur

My Ride: 2002 M3 SMG Vert
Ordered one and tested to see if it works, but haven't installed mine yet.
Thekingarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 05:39 PM   #404
Jethro_the_Pilot

My Ride: 2005 325 CI
Re: Group Buy for Eonon D5150 BMW E46 Car GPS with ARM Processor & Cool UI & NFC Supp

I ordered one but waiting for it to come in and install it before I put the D5150 in.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using BimmerApp mobile app

Jethro

"Pressurized Aluminum Tube Driver"
Jethro_the_Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 06:54 PM   #405
wicked_ink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thekingarthur View Post
Ordered one and tested to see if it works, but haven't installed mine yet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro_the_Pilot View Post
I ordered one but waiting for it to come in and install it before I put the D5150 in.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using BimmerApp mobile app
Did you guys get the E46 specific one that replaces the license plate light or something else?

Trying to decide which one to order...
Old 10-26-2013, 07:25 AM   #406
TaDe330

My Ride: BMW 330Ci Facelift
Can you guys tell me if you experience any crashes with your units? Are they frequent?
Also a question about the clock... After you install the eonon d5150 unit does te BC (screen that shows consumtion etc. under the speedo) still show the correct clock? Is it conected to the Eonon unit?
TaDe330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 07:31 AM   #407
daki_bmw

My Ride: 330Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by wicked_ink View Post
Did you guys get the E46 specific one that replaces the license plate light or something else?

Trying to decide which one to order...
I don't have one yet, but I don't plan on using E46 specific one, because I have Umnitza Ion V4 licence plate lights, and I don't want to mess intesity, color, brightness of those because they look great the way they are. That's why I'm gonna go with this exact one:

It needs drilling only one relatively small hole in trunk lid handle, you can choose color (black in my case, obviously), you can choose CMOS or CCD on and you can even choose wired or wireless (I'm gonna go with wireless kit because I don't wanna mess with cabling from the back to the front of the car.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaDe330 View Post
...Also a question about the clock... After you install the eonon d5150 unit does te BC (screen that shows consumtion etc. under the speedo) still show the correct clock? Is it conected to the Eonon unit?
Tade, my understanding is that no aftermarket unit's clock (in E46) has to anything with the clock in instrument cluster. OEM radio/CD does - it reads the data from the instrument cluster's one, and not vice versa. Bottom line: instrument cluster clock shows the time whichever you set using instrument cluster knob. Most aftermarket E46 units show the time you set using unit itself.

Last edited by daki_bmw; 10-26-2013 at 07:37 AM.
daki_bmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 07:53 AM   #408
Keaton1

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaDe330 View Post
Can you guys tell me if you experience any crashes with your units? Are they frequent?
Also a question about the clock... After you install the eonon d5150 unit does te BC (screen that shows consumtion etc. under the speedo) still show the correct clock? Is it conected to the Eonon unit?
My Eonon has crashed 2 times since I got it about 2 and 1/2 months ago. Both times were when using GPS and I use Igo Primo. The first time I just exited out of the GPS and went right back in and the GPS worked fine. The second time, it locked the unit up completely and I had to hit the reset button which fixed it. Of course when you do that, you lose all of your settings, as it goes back to factory default settings. I suggest you write down what your settings are, including your 5 screens of radio pre-sets, and keep it in the glove box. It will make it much easier and quicker to re-enter them all, if you ever have to reset, or do any firmware upgrade, as that also goes to factory default settings when it reboots.

As to the BMW obc clock in the dash cluster, it is separate from the Eonon clock and you set it like you always have. Adjusting its time has no effect on the Eonon clock and adjusting the Eonon clock has no effect on it either.
Old 10-26-2013, 08:54 AM   #409
TaDe330

My Ride: BMW 330Ci Facelift
Quote:
Originally Posted by daki_bmw View Post
Tade, my understanding is that no aftermarket unit's clock (in E46) has to anything with the clock in instrument cluster. OEM radio/CD does - it reads the data from the instrument cluster's one, and not vice versa. Bottom line: instrument cluster clock shows the time whichever you set using instrument cluster knob. Most aftermarket E46 units show the time you set using unit itself.
Thanks for the info, it makes perfect sense now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keaton1 View Post
My Eonon has crashed 2 times since I got it about 2 and 1/2 months ago. Both times were when using GPS and I use Igo Primo. The first time I just exited out of the GPS and went right back in and the GPS worked fine. The second time, it locked the unit up completely and I had to hit the reset button which fixed it. Of course when you do that, you lose all of your settings, as it goes back to factory default settings. I suggest you write down what your settings are, including your 5 screens of radio pre-sets, and keep it in the glove box. It will make it much easier and quicker to re-enter them all, if you ever have to reset, or do any firmware upgrade, as that also goes to factory default settings when it reboots.

As to the BMW obc clock in the dash cluster, it is separate from the Eonon clock and you set it like you always have. Adjusting its time has no effect on the Eonon clock and adjusting the Eonon clock has no effect on it either.
Thank you .. Will go ahead and buy the unit

If anyone else has any experience with their unit crashing, please comment

Last edited by TaDe330; 10-26-2013 at 08:57 AM.
TaDe330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 11:45 AM   #410
sjcbob

My Ride: 325iC
I wouldn't worry about the unit crashing. Almost 100% of the time, crashing is due to a software issue, which is easily fixable via firmware upgrades, which Eonon has appeared willing to do already since I've already seen one floating around.

Also, since this is Windows CE based, by definition it will crash. CE isn't really a robust embedded OS.

You SHOULD be concerned that you can live with whatever hardware the unit comes with. Hardware is not easily upgradeable, so make sure you can live the the bluetooth mic, the color of the LEDs, the resolution of the touchscreen (which is pretty good, btw), etc.

Incidentally, in the week I've had it, my unit has not crashed unless I did something stupid like pull out the GPS SD while iGo was running.

No hard resets needed.
sjcbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 05:45 PM   #411
asdetail

My Ride: 2002 325ci coupe
being windows ce based lockups will happen,in my case it generally happens when switching out of gps back to radio or ipod,intrestingly,the d5113 did not have any problems at all with this issue
asdetail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 05:51 PM   #412
sjcbob

Quote:
Hi Shingo. Tried it for you this afternoon. I unchecked the GPS sync and then manually changed the time so I was about 20 minutes too fast. That way I could check it against the BMW clock in the OBD menu and make sure it was keeping its time. It did.

I shut the car off 4 different times, once for almost 3 hrs. The Eonon clock kept track of the time when the car was off, and was always exactly 20 minutes more than the BMW OBD clock. Then when I was through testing, I went back in and re-synced to the GPS, saved it by exiting, and in about 5-8 seconds, it synced up again and corrected itself to the real time.

Have no idea if the firmware update has anything to do with it though, as I have never set the time manually before and always used synced GPS time. I'd doubt the update could hurt, and its very simple to do. But you've probably also seen in just the past few posts, that Carlos / Eonon is saying we should ask them first before doing updates so we don't mess it up somehow. Several of us are asking him for clarification on this, and I'm sure you'll see his post when he replies. Good luck.
Hmm, in my first annoyance with the unit, I find that the time displayed in iGO when I have the Nav up is correct, and synced with GPS, however, the main screen of the Eonon unit has a different time and it is incorrect.

Anyone seen this before or know how to deal with it?

Last edited by sjcbob; 10-27-2013 at 12:55 AM. Reason: update with full errata feedback
Old 10-27-2013, 01:32 PM   #413
WOLFN8TR
OEM ///Member

My Ride: 05 330CI ZHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by EononCarDVD View Post
Hi WOLFN8TR, i have just got the software for the volume issue you mentioned, i will send it to you soon.
And for the LED button, when you turn on headlight at night, the unit will turn to "Moon" mode and also the LED light will on automatically. So it is still too bright for you? Actually, we have not collected much feedback before, but i will reflect to R&D also. I suggest you change another LED light color to have a try. Hope it wil help. Thanks.
Thanks Carlos!

See Video below....(Firmware upgrade)

Last edited by WOLFN8TR; 10-27-2013 at 01:33 PM.
WOLFN8TR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 05:10 PM   #414
sjcbob

Hi Carlos, I have a few ideas/bug reports/ and suggestions after living with the unit for a week - would the latest firmware address any of these?:

-I discovered a pleasant surprise - the unit actually responds to the brightness knob that adjusts how bright your orange backlight is on the instrument cluster...This is cool, but the problem is that it responds to the inverse. If you have your instrument cluster at full bright, the Eonon is at it's dimmest. If you set the instrument cluster to full dim, the Eonon gets brighter. It also appears to only work at the extremes, the brightest and dimmest setting

-I agree with the feedback that it would be nice to permanently set the night mode to something dimmer than it currently is.

-For some reason, my Eonon clock does not sync with GPS and is way off, but the clock in iGO, when I have the Nav up is fine and spot on.

-I cant figure out how to get the unit to not play any music and just show NAV. For example - I am listening to the radio. i want to turn off the radio, but keep the NAV on. I cant figure out how to do it. I can turn the entire unit off, but I cant have the unit on with no music. Similarly, if I am listening to iPod, I want to turn it off and have no music. I cant, other than to push pause - but then when I restart the car and the unit reboots, the iPod is playing again. It would be nice to have a full STOP button instead of just Pause.

-Small nit, but the color temperature of the orange in the LED is a bit too yellow compared to "official" BMW orange.

But overall, as I said, I love the unit.
Old 10-27-2013, 10:51 PM   #415
Keaton1

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjcbob View Post
For some reason, my Eonon clock does not sync with GPS and is way off, but the clock in iGO, when I have the Nav up is fine and spot on.
Just curious what GMT zone you used in the Eonon setting. Do you have your Eonon set @ -7:00 (thats Negative 7:00) which is the correct GMT timezone for the bay area in California? For instance if you had read or heard it was a 7, and entered it as a Positive 7:00 rather than Negative 7:00 then it would be way off.

I'm guessing the Igo program doesn't get its clock time from another source, but itself calculates it from the gps signals as it obviously knows where you are in which timezone to within a few feet.

(Note - if anyone needs their code, just google GMT timezone and your local city name and several sites will come up showing you the correct timezone offset. One of these that looks good is timeanddate.com. Click on time zones then time zone maps. There's an easy search function by putting in your city name, and a world map view showing all the time zones. Some zones are a negative number and some are positive.)
Old 10-27-2013, 11:13 PM   #416
esberelias

My Ride: '03 325i
is there another link to the firmware? every time I go to download it, I get 'Failed - Network error'

EDIT: I was using chrome.... tried it with Internet Explorer and it downloaded just fine

Check out my ride

Last edited by esberelias; 10-27-2013 at 11:16 PM.
esberelias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 11:20 PM   #417
sjcbob

Quote:
Just curious what GMT zone you used in the Eonon setting. Do you have your Eonon set @ -7:00 (thats Negative 7:00) which is the correct GMT timezone for the bay area in California? For instance if you had read or heard it was a 7, and entered it as a Positive 7:00 rather than Negative 7:00 then it would be way off.

I'm guessing the Igo program doesn't get its clock time from another source, but itself calculates it from the gps signals as it obviously knows where you are in which timezone to within a few feet.

(Note - if anyone needs their code, just google GMT timezone and your local city name and several sites will come up showing you the correct timezone offset. One of these that looks good is timeanddate.com. Click on time zones then time zone maps. There's an easy search function by putting in your city name, and a world map view showing all the time zones. Some zones are a negative number and some are positive.)
No, I am at UTC -7 for both GPS and iGo. I'm not just off by hours. I am off by hours and minutes. If it were just UTC time zone issue, it would just be hours and the minutes would be accurate.
Old 10-28-2013, 02:48 AM   #418
wicked_ink

Has anyone installed a camera that doesn't have that extra trigger wire? Want to know if it's required.

Last edited by wicked_ink; 10-28-2013 at 03:34 AM.
Old 10-28-2013, 03:47 AM   #419
EononCarDVD
Sponsor

My Ride: BMW E46
Quote:
Hi Carlos,

My Eonon unit does the same thing with the volume as WOLFN8TR's. I might as well update the software for that too, if you can send to me, or post it somewhere where all of us with that same issue can get it.

And I noticed you've said a few times now, that we should not update software without contacting you'all about it first.

I can see why we would not want to update the D5150 with the software for another model, say for instance that of the D5113. But wouldn't all the Eonon D5150's use the same software, which we could update periodically to the latest version with all the various fixes you've done? Thanks for all your help.
Hi Keaton1, there is no problem, we will send you the software soon.
And for the software updating, since every batch may has difference in software and hardware, we have different software for different batch product, to save the troubles of updating, we suggest you PM ME before update to get the correct & latest one. Thanks for understanding.

Welcome to check our GM5150 Opel Car GPS with Unique Screen Mirroring feature & D5150!

8 Rounds of Group Buy has been arranged till now! PM me anytime if you'd like to join and save!

Check the awesome Reviews & Installation Guide from our fan here here!

Last edited by EononCarDVD; 10-28-2013 at 04:31 AM.
EononCarDVD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 04:09 AM   #420
EononCarDVD
Sponsor

My Ride: BMW E46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmersoul View Post
What I meant is the settings on brightness, contrast, etc not able to save the changes. All the rest (radio stations memory, wallpaper, order of icons, clock, etc) do save accordingly and as needed.

If I hit the "moon" icon, my screen dims but only... lets say... 15% less bright. If I go on to the settings section to adjust my brightness & contrast to bring it very low (lets say 80% than the factory default), then, next time I drive the car at night and hit the "moon" again, the brightness won't go down 80% as I prefer... will only dim about 15% less as it is the default.

I suggested that it would be very good if the amount of "dimming" when hitting the "moon" be user-customized it to a MUCH more lower brightness/contrast
so one single click to the moon icon (every time we come back to the car) will really decrease the light significantly.

Also, on the software update, I did not mean customized software... I meant the system upgrade that is available and that it seems that you are also creating additional software upgrades for different individuals.

Can you post the links here to download the system upgrades and perhaps the other upgrades you have...?

Hi Bimmersoul, thanks for give me more details. Thanks for your suggestion, i will reflect to the R&D and if we will make it in the future, i will keep you informed then. Thanks a lot!

However, the brightness and also the contrast can be saved normally. So your unit only the brightness & contrast can not be saved? Could you PM me a short video?
Meanwhile, for the software updating, since every batch may has difference in software and hardware, we have different software for different batch product, to save the troubles of updating, wwe suggest you PM ME before update to get the correct & latest one. Thanks for understanding.

Welcome to check our GM5150 Opel Car GPS with Unique Screen Mirroring feature & D5150!

8 Rounds of Group Buy has been arranged till now! PM me anytime if you'd like to join and save!

Check the awesome Reviews & Installation Guide from our fan here here!

Last edited by EononCarDVD; 10-28-2013 at 05:27 AM.
EononCarDVD is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bmw e46 gps, bmw gps, car dvd, car gps, eonon