E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Political Talk

Political Talk
You may discuss anything regarding politics in this forum ONLY. If you cannot respect others opinions, your access to this forum will be removed.

Old 10-26-2013, 04:49 PM   #1
Goughie

My Ride: 330d Sport Touring
Question So I was in Israel this week...

...and was on the road from the Dead Sea to Tel Aviv and drove past...

...a nuclear power station. No BS. My host simply said "we don't talk about it".

I know Israel doesn't comment on it and the Western press report Israel as "believed to have nuclear capacity" but this thing was smack bang in the middle of the desert surrounded by miles of fenced off land - but clearly visible from the road. Why doesn't the press report this fact?

(Also supposed to be going back in a few weeks - this post may scupper that! My luggage was swabbed 4 times and x-rayed three times - they sure take security seriously). Went to the West Bank and near the Gaza border, too. S hit is really serious over there...

"The protection of views purely on religious grounds cannot be justified. It is not only an irrational idea, but it is also divisive, capricious and arbitrary" - Lord Justice Laws, UK 29/04/2010
Goughie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 05:10 PM   #2
MDydinanM

My Ride: is a ///M
So I was in Israel this week...

Because it's not a news worthy story unless

OMG IRAN NORTH KOREA KIM JUNG UN WTF BBQ SAUCE

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
MDydinanM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 05:21 PM   #3
Lair

My Ride: e90, cheap Boxster
My aunt went to israel a few years ago.

Brought me back a jew hat.

Quote:
It's the best years of your life they want to steal.
Congratulations.
Lair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 06:23 PM   #4
rdsesq
ouroboros autorotica

My Ride: 2002 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goughie View Post
(Also supposed to be going back in a few weeks - this post may scupper that! My luggage was swabbed 4 times and x-rayed three times - they sure take security seriously).
I recall talking to the IDF (Israeli Defense Force) about large scale computing a little over a decade ago. This was in California, mind you. They were all packed. Arrived in an armored limo (atleast it looked that way from how low it sat), and two of the eight guys had to be asked, quite politely I might add, to leave the uzis in the car. Those geezers do not muck about.

quis custodiet ipsos custodes
rdsesq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 06:39 PM   #5
badfast

My Ride: A Car
The issue isn't nuclear power or facilities. Even if Israel had signed the NPT they still have the right to pursue nuclear energy. Since Israel is not a signatory of the NPT they could pursue weapons technology if they wanted to. It is widely believed that they already have nuclear weapons (deployable or not I am unsure but would assume deployable). However, openly acknowledging that they have nuclear weapons would have severe regional implications.

Last edited by badfast; 10-26-2013 at 06:45 PM.
badfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 08:43 PM   #6
Raymond42262

My Ride: Is German
I am surprised that they would have them in such a volatile area.
Imagine what would happen to the area if a jumbo jet or several cruise missiles hit the site.
It odes not matter what Israel's response would be if there was a nuclear disaster and you could not inhabit the surrounding area for 1000 years.

http://images.search.yahoo.com/image...fr=yfp-t-900-s

They are suppose to have about 100 nukes.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Negev_N...esearch_Center
Old 10-26-2013, 08:46 PM   #7
Raymond42262

Quote:
Originally Posted by badfast View Post
The issue isn't nuclear power or facilities. Even if Israel had signed the NPT they still have the right to pursue nuclear energy. Since Israel is not a signatory of the NPT they could pursue weapons technology if they wanted to. It is widely believed that they already have nuclear weapons (deployable or not I am unsure but would assume deployable). However, openly acknowledging that they have nuclear weapons would have severe regional implications.
So, do you think it is proper to condemn Iran and NK for pursuing nuclear technology and not signing the NPT, when Israel is doing the same thing and the rest of the world looks the other way ?
Old 10-26-2013, 08:56 PM   #8
badfast

My Ride: A Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymond42262 View Post
So, do you think it is proper to condemn Iran and NK for pursuing nuclear technology and not signing the NPT, when Israel is doing the same thing and the rest of the world looks the other way ?
Iran has signed and ratified the NPT. Pursuing weapons would be a "violation". I am not concerned about Iran. I understand why they would pursue nukes. It is essentially the same reason NK does--regime survival, politics, etc.

However, none are allies of the US hence opposition. Is it fair? Doesn't matter, that is the way it is.

Last edited by badfast; 10-26-2013 at 08:57 PM.
badfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 11:21 PM   #9
mistrzmiasta

My Ride: GLK350,ML63, Duc1098
jew crazy....
mistrzmiasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 10:37 AM   #10
Raymond42262

Quote:
Originally Posted by badfast View Post
Iran has signed and ratified the NPT. Pursuing weapons would be a "violation". I am not concerned about Iran. I understand why they would pursue nukes. It is essentially the same reason NK does--regime survival, politics, etc.

However, none are allies of the US hence opposition. Is it fair? Doesn't matter, that is the way it is.
I understand why they pursue them as well. They are surrounded by nations that either have them or previously pursued them.......Pakistan, China, Russia, Israel, Iraq and Syria.
Old 10-28-2013, 02:04 AM   #11
Stankia

My Ride: 4.2FSI S-Line
What's so surprising about it, lots of countries have it.
Old 10-28-2013, 08:58 AM   #12
BB BMW

My Ride: 04 330ci ZHP
How many countries that already have nukes have threatened to wipe another country off the face of the earth?

NK and Iran are loose cannons to be weary of.

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.
Thomas Jefferson
BB BMW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 09:32 AM   #13
Lair

My Ride: e90, cheap Boxster
Quote:
Originally Posted by BB BMW View Post
How many countries that already have nukes have threatened to wipe another country off the face of the earth?

NK and Iran are loose cannons to be weary of.
I'm weary of your posts.

Quote:
It's the best years of your life they want to steal.
Congratulations.
Lair is offline   Reply With Quote