E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > The Tire Rack's Tire & Wheel Forum

The Tire Rack's Tire & Wheel Forum
Use this forum to discuss anything in relation to wheels to tires to offsets.
Sponsored by The Tire Rack

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 2.00 average. Display Modes
Old 10-20-2013, 01:00 PM   #1
LittleBear

My Ride: 2001 330i
Any Opinions on th Hankook Ventus S1 noble2?

Hello BMW Experts!
Does anyone have experience with the Ventus S1 noble2 yet, pls? Opinions on the previous Hankooks were getting pretty good, and I liked the Kumho UHP/AS tires I used to have, so am wondering if these are up to snuff.
I'm now on Conti DWS, which are an all-round good tire, but a little more sport would be nice. I use real snow tires & so these would be on only for an early or late season snow, but rain performance is important to me.

TIA! Murf

Last edited by LittleBear; 10-20-2013 at 01:01 PM.
LittleBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 10-21-2013, 12:38 PM   #2
LittleBear

The TR reviews sort of worry me with the Noble2, some saying the sidewall is too soft.
If anyone can compare the Noble2 to the General G-max AS-03 & the Kumho Ecsta 4x, I would appreciate it much!

TIA, Murf
Old 10-22-2013, 11:15 AM   #3
Gary@Tirerack

My Ride: 1995 BMW M3
The only complete test we have of this tire can be found here :

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tests/...&affiliate=BN4

Click sig! -->

Gary@Tirerack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 12:04 PM   #4
CharlzO

My Ride: 2000 328ci
I'm running the Noble2's right now on mine, and haven't had any issues with the tires feeling soft at all. I'm running a 17" if it makes much difference. Came off Khumo Ecsta SPTs, and really, there's not much difference in every day driving. I can still push through corners hard if I want to with the Nobles and not a chirp to be heard, but I imagine there might be a bit more gap in track driving between them. I CAN say though, that the tire wear on these is a million times better than the Ecstas, which is understandable given the rating, and being an All-season versus summer tire that others were. As for wet weather, I haven't had a single issue with them. I don't drive over a lake, but even normal water in the groves on back roads, they don't skip at all.

Last edited by CharlzO; 10-22-2013 at 12:05 PM.
CharlzO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 12:10 PM   #5
EthirD

My Ride: '04 ZHP, '07 X5
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlzO View Post
I'm running the Noble2's right now on mine, and haven't had any issues with the tires feeling soft at all. I'm running a 17" if it makes much difference. Came off Khumo Ecsta SPTs, and really, there's not much difference in every day driving. I can still push through corners hard if I want to with the Nobles and not a chirp to be heard, but I imagine there might be a bit more gap in track driving between them. I CAN say though, that the tire wear on these is a million times better than the Ecstas, which is understandable given the rating, and being an All-season versus summer tire that others were. As for wet weather, I haven't had a single issue with them. I don't drive over a lake, but even normal water in the groves on back roads, they don't skip at all.
Not that this means anything for the Hankook, but I ran Kumho Ecsta UHP all seasons on my S4, and while they started out fine, the sidewalls gradually became seriously soft about halfway through the tread life, making it feel like you were going to fall off the tire in hard cornering maneuvers. I guess time will tell as these are newer tires.
BMW CCA Member #480924
EthirD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 07:37 AM   #6
LittleBear

Hi Folks,
Thanks for the replies. Gary, I read the TR tire tests religiously! They are a great service for the people. Big thanks to Tire Rack.
My Kumhos were the ASX UHP/AS, which handled very well. GY Eagle F1 AS was my comparison. The Kumhos wore better, the GY handled better by a little wet & dry, but I only got ~ 15k on them & they were noisy!!
I will be getting 225/45/17. No tracking, just hard dirty back road driving.

Murf

Last edited by LittleBear; 10-23-2013 at 07:38 AM.
LittleBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 03:17 AM   #7
HLG600

My Ride: German
Ordered a set based on the Tire Rack comparison test, price relative to other tires and current promotion. Looking forward to seeing how they perform. My Conti Sports are getting worn down and noisy so I'm looking forward to fresh rubber.
HLG600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 08:56 AM   #8
LittleBear

Last chance to give opinions, pls! I gots to buy....

Murf
Old 11-13-2013, 12:08 PM   #9
HLG600

Initial impressions are positive. Good feedback, quiet, holds the road well.
Old 11-14-2013, 04:27 PM   #10
LittleBear

Thanks HLG,
Have you given them a workout on some dirty back roads yet? What are you comparing them to?

Murf
Old 11-14-2013, 08:32 PM   #11
HLG600

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleBear View Post
Thanks HLG,
Have you given them a workout on some dirty back roads yet? What are you comparing them to?

Murf
No problem Murf. Haven't had a chance to push them too hard just yet. I'm coming from Conti Sports. These handle well, but the biggest difference I noticed off the bat was the smoothness. I'll write a more detailed review once I get a chance to break them in and test the limits a bit.
Old 04-13-2014, 06:47 PM   #12
zanga254

My Ride: 2002 325xi ZPP
Send a message via Skype™ to zanga254
Now that it's post-winter, did you ever get to drive them in the rain/snow? How did they perform?
zanga254 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 08:52 PM   #13
LittleBear

I took off my snow tires ~ 2 weeks ago & put on the Noble2s. So far, only undemanding city/highway driving, and no rain. But they are definitely sharper handlers than the DWS they replaced. I think the noise factor is similarly low.
I'm going to the mountains next weekend to give them a workout on the little roads & the curvy parkway, so I'll try to remember to report back.

Murf