E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Classifieds > For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy > Lighting & Mobile Electronics (I.C.E.)

Lighting & Mobile Electronics (I.C.E.)
Xenon lighting, HID kits, fog lights, BMW head units, navigation, speakers, subwoofers, In Car Electronics (I.C.E.), carputers, DDEs, angle eyes, halos, LED tail lights, interior lighting, etc.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-15-2013, 06:41 PM   #1
southbayEngineer

My Ride: 2002 M3 vert
Arrow *SOLD* - DEPO headlights with built-in halos

Selling an extra set of DEPO headlights I ordered for my brother when he needed to replace his; he decided however he wanted to pay a lot more for some Xenon ones so these saw literally 1 week of use before being put back in the box. These are standard projector bulb type, and have built in halos (which can be removed if desired). Also has auto-leveling ready to go (when your car picks up speed, the headlight angle moves up slightly to compensate for your need for increased view distance, and vice versa).

Note: the halos are the yellow colored as on the left and not as strong. Typically people will upgrade the stock halos if that's the look they're going for (I eventually did on mine). Otherwise you can just take them out.

$290 and you pay for shipping at the rate and speed you want (it's about $30 for ground) or you can pick it up. PM me.

These will fit any E46 M3 (2001-2006) and any pre-facelift (1999-2003) E46 Coupe.
That is, any BMW M3 from the year 2001 to 2006, or, any BMW 3-series coupe from 1999-2003. For those who don't have M3's and are confused about whether their vehicle is a 3-series E46 coupe:
  • You have a 3-series if the model number starts with a 3, in the format 3XX
  • You have a coupe if it is a 2-door vehicle and the model number contains a "c"
If your cars meets these requirements, and is from the years 1999-2003, then these headlights will fit your car. All other letters in the model number are irrelevant for headlight purposes (for example, if it has an "i" in the model number, it simply indicates that the engine has an inline cylinder configuration).

Last edited by southbayEngineer; 12-12-2013 at 12:55 AM. Reason: sold
southbayEngineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 10-19-2013, 03:25 AM   #2
southbayEngineer

bump
Old 10-20-2013, 07:39 PM   #3
dardarwin01

My Ride: 330ci
FS - DEPO headlights with built-in halos

What year are these meant to be for

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
dardarwin01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 10:13 PM   #4
southbayEngineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dardarwin01 View Post
What year are these meant to be for

They should fit any E46 M3 (2001-2006) and any pre-facelift (1999-2003) E46 Coupe.
Old 10-29-2013, 03:33 AM   #5
southbayEngineer

bump
Old 10-29-2013, 09:47 PM   #6
pwhall0517

My Ride: 2000 323i
Re: FS - DEPO headlights with built-in halos

I have a 2000 323i ... New to site so not sure what new facelift means ... Will they fit ?

Sent from my ADR6410LVW using BimmerApp mobile app
pwhall0517 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 02:05 PM   #7
southbayEngineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwhall0517 View Post
I have a 2000 323i ... New to site so not sure what new facelift means ... Will they fit ?

Sent from my ADR6410LVW using BimmerApp mobile app
No, they won't fit on the sedans, the shape is slightly different, as well as the corner lights they tuck up against.
Old 10-30-2013, 09:08 PM   #8
Imola Emmie

My Ride: 2001 M3 Convertible
will these work on a 2001 M3 convertible with regular xenon lights? I don't have the HID projector option on my car.
Imola Emmie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 09:18 PM   #9
Platano20
OEM ///Member

My Ride: e46 3-Series
FS - DEPO headlights with built-in halos

Whats the difference between the bi-xenon and the standard projector bulbs you say these come with? Thanks!

Myself: Upper/Lower Intake Boots, Head Light Lenses, Kicker L5 12" Sub, Tints 18% all around, smoked corners & side markers, Spark Plugs, Front Eibach front & rear Sway Bars, Front & rear Sway Bar End Links, Eibach Pro Springs, Koni FSD Struts & Shocks, Meyele HD Front Control Arms and Bushings,
Platano20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 09:11 PM   #10
southbayEngineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imola Emmie View Post
will these work on a 2001 M3 convertible with regular xenon lights? I don't have the HID projector option on my car.
That's fine, these are regular projector bulbs (not xenon). These are just plug and play with regular power connectors, and will fit on a 2001 M3 vert.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Platano20 View Post
Whats the difference between the bi-xenon and the standard projector bulbs you say these come with? Thanks!
Bi-xenon requires an HID-kit and your car needs to be configured to be able to be able to use them properly, as they have an additional interface (it's a small metal electronics box wired from your headlights to your car). As to the actual difference in light output, the bi-xenons are those blueish colored lights you see on cars, whereas the standard projector are the regular white-with-yellow-tint color. People claim that xenon give better clarity, but having used both, for these higher-end cars they are almost identical.
Old 11-03-2013, 09:05 AM   #11
jack.chris328
Modded ///Member

My Ride: is a truck.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Platano20 View Post

Bi-xenon has nothing to do with an HID kit or the color. To make them legal projectors have a shield in front of the projector bowl behind the lens. This covers half the bowl and produces the cut-off line seen when lets say you shine the lights at a wall. This keeps you from blinding the on coming traffic. In single xenon headlights that shield is fixed in place. In single xenon lights the projector bulb is used for the low beam and the inner halogen bowl is used in addition to the projector for the high beam effect. In a bi-xenon set up the shield is moveable. The projector is used for the low beam and the high beam. When you active the high beam function that shield is moved slightly to allow more light to escape from the bowl and produce the high beam affect. The inner halogen bowl in a bi-xenon light is only used for the Daytime Running Lights and the flash-to-pass feature.

As for the xenon lights. Xenon is the gas that is used in the bulb. As well as halogen is the gas that is used in the bulb. Xenon bulbs when pertaining to car lights are used with a High Intensity Discharge (HID) kit. The color of the light has to do with what color temperature bulb you decide to get. They range from around 3000K to 12000K. The lower the color temperature the more yellow the the light output will be the higher the color temperature the more purple the light output will be. Standard xenon bulbs that come with factory xenon lights are 4300K. This puts the best usable light output on the road. The higher you go the more white(5000K - 6000K), to then blue(6000K - 8000K), to then purple(8000K - up) the color will become. But the higher you go in the color temp the less useable light will be put out on the road. So the blue/purple light may look cool but it won't light up the road as well.

You can use a projector with a halogen bulb. It will be brighter than a halogen bulb without a projector as the light is more concentrated. But make no doubt that a xenon bulb will be significantly brighter than halogen. If these lights only come with halogen bulbs you can get an aftermarket HID/xenon kit that will install in them. Those two words are throw around a lot but most often Xenon = HID.

The lights shown in the picture are currently set up for use on coupes and convertibles from 2002 - 2003 and 2002 - 2006 M3's. You could you could use them on 1999 - 2001 coupes and convertibles and M3's if you got a set of "screw-in" type corner lights to go with them. They will fit on 2002 - 2006 sedans if you change the front lens and inner trim. They will not work with 1999 - 2001 sedans.

These lights may have the self-leveling motors in them but unless your car came from the factory with single or bi-xenon lights or your retrofitted the self-leveling feature onto your car there will need to be more work done to get the self-leveling feature to function. There is wiring and sensors that need to be installed on the car.

With all that said I have no affiliation to the lights shown here. I am just giving some educated information about BMW and xenon lighting that so that buyers can have proper information and make a well informed purchase. If there is any other questions feel free to send me a private message.
Old 11-03-2013, 06:50 PM   #12
Imola Emmie

My Ride: 2001 M3 Convertible
Ok I think I understand now thanks a lot for the above explanation. So my car has Halogen lights, not xenon. And these lights above will work with my halogen bulbs however because the low beam lens is a projector lens, the beam wont be as concentrated. I could buy an aftermarket HID kit which will have the ballasts and xenon bulbs to use with these lights. And to make them work with my 2001 M3 vert, I would need to purchase corner lights that screw in....did I get it right?
Imola Emmie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 07:00 PM   #13
jack.chris328
Modded ///Member

My Ride: is a truck.
Pretty close. The beam from these will be more concentrated as they have a projector lens even with a halogen bulb. As opposed to just a halogen bowl reflecting the light out all over. I don't know what type or style of bulbs these lights take so I don't know if your stock H7 bulbs will work with them. The rest is correct.
Old 11-05-2013, 05:59 PM   #14
DetroitFarher

My Ride: 2002 330Ci
I am interested in these.

I have a production date of 10/2001 330Ci with Bi-Xenon headlights (with electronic shutters).

Will these trigger a dash warning light?
DetroitFarher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 05:28 AM   #15
southbayEngineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitFarher View Post
I am interested in these.

I have a production date of 10/2001 330Ci with Bi-Xenon headlights (with electronic shutters).

Will these trigger a dash warning light?
I'm not sure what you mean by this.
Old 11-16-2013, 03:15 AM   #16
southbayEngineer

bump
Old 11-21-2013, 12:43 AM   #17
southbayEngineer

bumpity bump
Old 11-27-2013, 07:06 PM   #18
southbayEngineer

bump
Old 12-03-2013, 08:35 AM   #19
fabianchin

My Ride: E46 2002 Sedan
there are 2 models of this depo the ones with Push corner and the one you need to screw.

Do you know wich of this 2 is this model?

thanks.
fabianchin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 12:16 PM   #20
southbayEngineer

These are not corner lights, these are the main headlights. These headlights will accept both push and screw-in; it's your car frame that determines whether you can use push (snap) in or screw-in.