E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > DIY: Do It Yourself

DIY: Do It Yourself
Post here to share or improve your wrench turning skills! All BMW E46 DIY tips, tales, and projects discussed inside. Learn to work on your car and know the right BMW parts you will need!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-25-2013, 01:32 AM   #1
jfp2999

My Ride: 325ci
worlds best 2002 325ci bme diy tricks test me

if I could recommend one mod it would be #1 replace spark plugs yes dumb but replace with factory spec I've had brand new not spec but the guys at the auto parts store said it would work and boom spark plug broke in cylinder and ****ed up a valve dumb huh. #2 never and I mean never ever ever use air tools when replacing spark plugs taking them out is one thing but when reinstalling if you cross thread meaning put it in wrong you just done ****ed your head up and that cylinder is not going to seal right therefore no compression later leading to major problems. when you reinstall spark plugs be very gentle and do it by hand with a ratchet. #3 make sure your intake whatever dumbass fantasy you have of diying the worlds best cold air intake give it up this is the most common mod and it helps but exposes your intake to number one enemy water so give it up and just get a drop in kn filter with stock airbox.#4 change your dam oil religiously this will help you see early signs of engine problems if it look milky.5# active autowerke program mail in dme. save your money if you can and your working and get a tune and always pay the extra two hundred to delete rear o2 sensors. trust me you will thank me later. #6 now breathe clear your head and think wow all this just to get to point a and b . I know I know you could literally drive yourself crazy researching and trying different mods on your beamer. but remember this is fun and if aint fun then why do it. I am so sick of all the emission required **** It makes me sick. any way s try and have fun and who know you may come up with the next huge step for man and change the world good luck
jfp2999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 10-25-2013, 01:25 PM   #2
pauly99

My Ride: 2002 325i
Deleting dup post. Keeping the one where I'm banging my head against the wall.

Last edited by pauly99; 10-25-2013 at 01:27 PM.
pauly99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 01:26 PM   #3
pauly99

My Ride: 2002 325i
After reading that it makes me ask myself why I had to do a forum search on spark plugs.
pauly99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 02:08 AM   #4
jfp2999

bring it

I am new to recently trying to post some of my knowledge and wow most people just make fun of my posts instead of asking for advice. like I said in another post I never said I can rebuild or do head gasket jobs or vanos repare basically anything in pulling head and messing with internals of the head and block I know nothing about but I do know intake manifold in and out exhaust etc. if you have a problem ask me what I think could fix it and maybe I could help. if I went through life concentrating on all the negative I would go crazy so guys thanks for the advice and at least you replied something. thank you and if you own a 2002 bmw 325ci or 325i and have a problem shoot me a post maybe I can help. keep it wrinkled
Old 10-27-2013, 09:41 PM   #5
E46 Coupe

My Ride: Rules1 & 2: S T F U!
tldr. Nice use of paragraphs!
Old 10-27-2013, 11:23 PM   #6
jfp2999

eatpoop

oops sorry
Old 10-28-2013, 12:40 AM   #7
CharlzO
Modded ///Member

My Ride: 2000 328ci
For the record, and this goes with the other post you made...but...you may want to be readjusted in your view of apparently how competent you believe you are in the knowledge of these cars? Worlds best DIY tricks? Seriously? And didn't even take the time to spell BMW correctly in the title. #4 is supposed to be some great DIY trick? Honestly, I don't know anyone who ever HAS used air tools on spark plugs (or most any bolts in the engine compartment that isn't structural in nature). And hell, I'll just straight back to #1 in your post. You put a non-spec spark plug in, fudged up a valve, but yet we're supposed to take your advice when it comes to certain aspects of these cars, all of which has already been WELL covered on this forum long before you, or I, ever got here?

And your posts are REALLY hard to read and comprehend, honestly. You would do a lot to slow down, type out fully English sentences, and put some spaces in there somewhere. And you might want to tone down your thread titles, because they are very unrealistic of the content actually provided. Harsh? Probably. But I would also be that critical of anyone posting the same stuff. You seem upset that no one is asking for advice, but it's awful hard to give someone a lot of credit after reading your posts. That'd be like me saying "Hey guys, I just realized that I couldn't launch my recliner into space with a regular propane cylinder. But if you have any questions on space travel, just ask I might be able to help". Plus, with all the DIYs on this site, chances are 99.9% positive that anyone could easily answer for themselves anyway. And when they run into a hitch, they post on here and get countless helpful responses. Thinking that you're going to be a white knight that everyone is going to run to for answers, isn't happening.
CharlzO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 02:20 AM   #8
jfp2999

you are right

ok i know you are upset and my posts may seem stupid and crazy and dumb but many people who change the world where called dumb stupid and crazy. let me start with one question where do you live? i live in west texas and the parts stores we have here are oreilly's napa and autozone. these stores do not carry the factory spec spark plugs now they carry ones that will work but factory spec bosch or ngk they have to order. now just like electricity we all take the path of least resistance and will commonly just buy the alternative spark plug that the parts stores guaranty will work fine. when i had a spark plug break into my cylinder i was pushing my engine pretty hard. now i may be wrong but why risk it. i am not lying and i am yes i am dumb. and yes most of my posts are common sense but if we all where rich we would service every aspect of our engine but we are not and have to pick and choose what we service. i choose to give simple advice for this reason something everyone can afford to do. the cross-threaded spark plug hole i brought up because this is such an easy thing to do and is so hard to fix. i know it's common sense but sometimes we get in a rush. from my own experience i kept hearing a puff sound and could never figure it out. i drove like this for months and then one day i drank a little too much and was racing every where. well what happened was the dam oil started to spray out the spark plug hole that i crossthreaded. the puff i had been hearing was from the spark plug just bouncing around in the hole. dumb yes. i finally put a insert thingy but the cylinder i guess had eaten away something and was never the same i kept having oil leak into this cylinder. that is why i choose to post this because me personally had such a headache with my just being dumb and not torqueing and putting the spark plugs right. if i could any advice that is fancy and real technical and not diving into engine rebuild or tranny rebuilds would probably be i guess and engine removal and install. now of course you will need the usual equipment but what i was unfamiliar with was the reverse torx bolts. the transmission uses these kind of bolts to mount to engine and am assuming it is because they are less likely to slip. so if you don't have a set of reverse torx get one. you can use sockets too but may **** up the bolt. also get the special tool to turn torque converter or whatever the bell thing is called so you can remove the three bolts holding this on. thank you
Old 10-28-2013, 05:58 PM   #9
LeMansteve

My Ride: '04 330i 6mt ZSP ZPP
jfp, I will have mad respect for you if you can out-E46-knowledge Mango. Otherwise, please take an English and typing class.
Old 10-29-2013, 01:22 AM   #10
jfp2999

interesting

I have heard this mango name numerous times now on e46fanatics forums. who Is he? and when can I talk to him? I know I am weak but I have family to honor and if I just rolled over and died they would be disappointed. so just like I was I taught I continue and will always say bring It on suckers. I know he does not have a better shop than me I know he will never be me and I challenge any nay sayer. it is in all good fun and sport and I say this with the utmost respect.
Old 10-29-2013, 01:37 AM   #11
VishTheFish

My Ride: Ex M54B30 ZHP
Holy batman! My eyes are dying after reading some of your threads jfp.

If you want respect from your peers and don't want the hate you are getting in some threads:
1)Be concise in your writing
2)Use proper grammar
3)Break your posts up into coherent paragraphs so our eyes don't bleed from your long winded posts. BREVITY is key

** Removed - Tim330i **
VishTheFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 01:44 AM   #12
tks

My Ride: slower than yours

keep it wrinkled

is this a cruel penis joke???
tks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 02:06 AM   #13
jfp2999

lol

well **** I never said I was a genius at grammar but you are right I will try. I am also going to start giving picture which I wanted to do in the first place but am too lazy to do take the pictures. and you like that huh keep it wrinkled. hahaha. so to keep this on going test I say keep it wrinkled and watch your backs. have a good mfing day people.
Old 10-30-2013, 11:20 PM   #14
hanna

My Ride: BMW 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfp2999 View Post
I have heard this mango name numerous times now on e46fanatics forums. who Is he? and when can I talk to him? I know I am weak but I have family to honor and if I just rolled over and died they would be disappointed. so just like I was I taught I continue and will always say bring It on suckers. I know he does not have a better shop than me I know he will never be me and I challenge any nay sayer. it is in all good fun and sport and I say this with the utmost respect.
I like you ;-) and this guy mango is a self proclaimed god here who claims he created an army of followers who lick his anus very thoroughly. You'll meet him one day. He is all right :-)

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
hanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 03:13 AM   #15
jfp2999

anal juice

my favorite anal licking! lol. no but on a serious side I messaged and he Is a real polite guy. he keeps everything looking good and stock and that is not an easy task my friend. any ways I am tired so peace out.
Old 10-31-2013, 05:00 AM   #16
Super Sheep

My Ride: 2005 E46 325 CI
You sir are a ****ing idiot. I think anyone who wasted the time actually reading and re-reading your posts in order to comphend anything you might have tried to say..... will be like WTF IS THIS **** and may even have the inclination to question your mental competency.

You used a ****ing air-tool to install a non-spec spark plug that put a hole in your cylinder head due to valve interference. All your creditability just went out the window there buddy. Most I would trust from you is how to pump the gas.
2005 E46 Coupe M54B25 Metallic Blue | Besian VANOS seals | Stoptech Street Performance Pads | TMS Cross-Drilled E-Coated Rotors | H&R Race Springs | Bilstein Sport Strut & Shocks | TMS Strut & RSM Reinforcement Kit | TMS Aluminum/HP Rear Shock Mounts | UUC Polyurethane FCAB | Powerflex RTAB & RTAB Limiter | Umnitza Predator-Orion V2 AE | Umnitza "mini Blazer" Xenon Foglight Projector | AFE PRO5R Filter | And assload of preventative maintenance!
Super Sheep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 05:37 AM   #17
VishTheFish

My Ride: Ex M54B30 ZHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Sheep View Post
Most I would trust from you is how to pump the gas.
After reading those posts from beginning to end. I'll pump my own gas......

** Removed - Tim330i **
VishTheFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 06:14 AM   #18
Super Sheep

My Ride: 2005 E46 325 CI
jfp2999 = JUST FUCKING PLAYING

****ing troll? BAN HIM
2005 E46 Coupe M54B25 Metallic Blue | Besian VANOS seals | Stoptech Street Performance Pads | TMS Cross-Drilled E-Coated Rotors | H&R Race Springs | Bilstein Sport Strut & Shocks | TMS Strut & RSM Reinforcement Kit | TMS Aluminum/HP Rear Shock Mounts | UUC Polyurethane FCAB | Powerflex RTAB & RTAB Limiter | Umnitza Predator-Orion V2 AE | Umnitza "mini Blazer" Xenon Foglight Projector | AFE PRO5R Filter | And assload of preventative maintenance!
Super Sheep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 07:30 AM   #19
jfp2999

i am learning

I have no excuses for my actions/ all I can say is continue to read my posts and maybe one day I will win you over/ thank you for taking the time to respond/

jeremiah aka the best pacheco
Old 11-02-2013, 06:43 PM   #20
shootthehorses

My Ride: 2002 BMW 325i Sedan
This has got to be a joke, right?
shootthehorses is offline   Reply With Quote