E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Driveline, Engine & DME Tuning

Driveline, Engine & DME Tuning
Talk about driveline improvements, NA tuning and DME tuning your E46 BMW here. This includes diffs, intakes, exhausts, chips, software and OBD tuning.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 08-03-2013, 03:46 PM   #81
TerraPhantm

My Ride: 2005 M3 Coupe
If you know how to correct the checksums, it's pretty easy to get WinKFP to do it.

I would probably just flash via BDM
Old 08-16-2013, 07:47 PM   #82
jony787

My Ride: 318ti M52tu SWAP
Enough crap here. i will need help from the guys that are willing to help here. if you don't have winols don't post. I have the map list i need help identifying what most of it means. Im looking for lambda values. to be honest that's the only thing i need to jump to the f/i tuning. I will provide what is needed.
jony787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 08:10 PM   #83
mkodama

Quote:
Originally Posted by jony787 View Post
Enough crap here. i will need help from the guys that are willing to help here. if you don't have winols don't post. I have the map list i need help identifying what most of it means. Im looking for lambda values. to be honest that's the only thing i need to jump to the f/i tuning. I will provide what is needed.
It seems nobody wants to help because so far you've said you aren't going to help them in return. You're also coming off as very rude telling people on a public forum that you don't own to leave.

Just a little bit of advice that might help you get some more answers.

mkodama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 09:10 PM   #84
jony787

MS43 breakthrough!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkodama View Post
It seems nobody wants to help because so far you've said you aren't going to help them in return. You're also coming off as very rude telling people on a public forum that you don't own to leave.

Just a little bit of advice that might help you get some more answers.
You can keep your advice. Like i said if you dont have winols and you have no idea how at least read a binary file dont post.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Old 08-16-2013, 09:18 PM   #85
mkodama

Quote:
You can keep your advice. Like i said if you dont have winols and you have no idea how at least read a binary file dont post.

Then I'll keep on posting in that case.

mkodama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 10:44 PM   #86
HakenTT
OEM ///Member

My Ride: 323i with S54
Quote:
Information on what needs to be tuned for FI on MS43 has already been posted on this forum.
Lambda maps are closed loop maps that you never want to tune. What needs to be tuned are TI theoretical injection maps. So you don't even know what needs to be tunes. You are a noob with this, and you have no information to provide and you are just fishing here. And you can't really tune properly for FI without a dyno and MS43 ecu emulator OLS300 that can emulate changes in real time on a dyno. You don't have any of this, other than pirated winols and damos file.
HakenTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 11:57 AM   #87
jony787

i will be posting some map packs from winols for the versions needed. this map packs will work with the 64kb bin from the galletto 1260. just post what you need and the version and i will take care of it. the idea behind this is that we can share what we have right. cheers!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-20-2013, 07:02 PM   #88
jony787

Im just fishing????

Quote:
Originally Posted by HakenTT View Post
Information on what needs to be tuned for FI on MS43 has already been posted on this forum.
Lambda maps are closed loop maps that you never want to tune. What needs to be tuned are TI theoretical injection maps. So you don't even know what needs to be tunes. You are a noob with this, and you have no information to provide and you are just fishing here. And you can't really tune properly for FI without a dyno and MS43 ecu emulator OLS300 that can emulate changes in real time on a dyno. You don't have any of this, other than pirated winols and damos file.
http://www.ecuconnections.com/forum/...t=+ms43#p79324

that is a nice way to make money...................... this is your super tuner gentlemen. Im trying to do something great for the e46 guys but with this type guys dont help. What is the point fof posting a s54 swap if you are going to charge the people for a simple ews delete that he stole from someone else...................
Old 08-22-2013, 01:16 PM   #89
se93

My Ride: BMW 328ci AW MTECH2
Tuning

Hello jony787

Check your email

Regards
Mark
Old 08-22-2013, 01:18 PM   #90
se93

My Ride: BMW 328ci AW MTECH2
Tuning

Hello jony787

Check your email
Old 10-29-2013, 10:19 PM   #91
dragondrpr

My Ride: 03 325xi
information in all ways of life should be free...share the file ....pussies....
dragondrpr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 02:08 AM   #92
TerraPhantm

Quote:
http://www.ecuconnections.com/forum/...t=+ms43#p79324

that is a nice way to make money...................... this is your super tuner gentlemen. Im trying to do something great for the e46 guys but with this type guys dont help. What is the point fof posting a s54 swap if you are going to charge the people for a simple ews delete that he stole from someone else...................
A) It's very easy to virginize a DME and sync it with a different EWS module, so it's really not an issue for S54 swaps into other EWS3 cars.
B) At this point people like p0lar and myself will do EWS deletes for free with any other change. There are politics involved with an actual public release (though I want to release it...)

I will say this. The EWS delete is in the data section. Hell, I'll be a little more specific and say it's on the slave. Only a single byte needs to be changed from a 0 to a non-0 value. Well, if you don't want EWS error codes, you'd have to delete two of the codes (numbers escape me at the moment). Everything just works from there; no AC problems like with some MS42/3 EWS deletes

Last edited by TerraPhantm; 10-30-2013 at 02:11 AM.
TerraPhantm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 02:09 AM   #93
M_South_Afrikanna

My Ride: e46 325i
Re: MS43 breakthrough!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There's a lot of negativity on this. Anyway I hope I can get some help with this. I have done a engine swap on my car from a b25 to b30 but I'm still using the 325 dme to run it. So im running lean. So I need to flash or program the dme to eu2 330 and maybe as a bonus increase throttle response and any other benefactors that would improve my bms driving. I am really new at this and any help will be appriciated. Originally we planned learn more about flashing and then to pull the tune from another 330 and put it on mine but this thread looks like give me an opportunity to make it easier and quicker than months of research. Any help will be much appriciated

Sent from my SGH-M919 using BimmerApp mobile app
M_South_Afrikanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 02:12 AM   #94
TerraPhantm

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_South_Afrikanna View Post
There's a lot of negativity on this. Anyway I hope I can get some help with this. I have done a engine swap on my car from a b25 to b30 but I'm still using the 325 dme to run it. So im running lean. So I need to flash or program the dme to eu2 330 and maybe as a bonus increase throttle response and any other benefactors that would improve my bms driving. I am really new at this and any help will be appriciated. Originally we planned learn more about flashing and then to pull the tune from another 330 and put it on mine but this thread looks like give me an opportunity to make it easier and quicker than months of research. Any help will be much appriciated

You can start by just using WinKFP to flash a 330 tune
Old 10-31-2013, 12:05 AM   #95
NumbaOneNewb

My Ride: 2001 bmw 330ci

Yeah I'm not sure it'd be wise to pull a time from another car and flash it to yours. Not to mention the difficulties you'd have and the barriers you must pass through when the simplest solution would be to flash the tune using files already in existence. Take the direct route. Don't know how to use winkfp? Plenty of info online. Keep reading

Portland Metro: ECU updates, Euro tune, euro corner delete, air bag light, DSC light, cluster and any led color change, soldering work, transponders for keys, and all custom work related to computer or electronics.DIY AK90 A walk through on coding your mcu and transponders EWS3 How to make your own key (ak90 review)
NumbaOneNewb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 10:27 AM   #96
M_South_Afrikanna

My Ride: e46 325i
Re: MS43 breakthrough!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wheres this place you guys are pulling the flash programs from? If I could find that it would be great

Last edited by M_South_Afrikanna; 10-31-2013 at 10:29 AM.
M_South_Afrikanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 04:05 AM   #97
daniel_f.

My Ride: 330iCA
google it, i bet youŽll find it in less then 10min.

daniel_f. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 09:09 PM   #98
jony787

EWS delete DONE finally!!!!! If interested pm for details.

Old 12-09-2013, 11:36 PM   #99
Tbone8ty

My Ride: 2003 330i
so is this better than the overpriced $350 shark injector?

Black 2003 BMW 330i 5-spd Sport Package

Last edited by Tbone8ty; 12-09-2013 at 11:36 PM.
Tbone8ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 12:07 AM   #100
daniel_f.

My Ride: 330iCA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbone8ty View Post
so is this better than the overpriced $350 shark injector?
whats your question related to? shark is a "professional" tuned file with hopefully some serious hardware attached to the engine while developing the tune. without some wideband lambdasensors and a knock tool you wonŽt be able to achieve similar results.

if you can get your hands on a shark tuning, copy it and release it for comparison reasons

daniel_f. is offline   Reply With Quote