E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > BMW Regional Forums > Regional Forums > New England

New England
Have you seen another BMW while driving around in your area? Maybe you can find their car in the E46Fanatics Garage!
MA ME NH RI VT

If you don't have your garage setup, sign up today HERE

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 09-30-2013, 08:40 PM   #1
trizzuth

My Ride: gobbles oil like a B
Anyone have exhaust manifolds with cats for an E46?

Got the bad news from Inskip, wife's cats are both gone, wanted to know if anyone local had a set of manifolds with cats from a header conversion, etc that they might be willing to sell.. For an 01 325i wagon.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 10-01-2013, 10:56 PM   #2
330Cole

My Ride: 01' 330Ci

I have some off of a 330ci, should fit the m54b25. Car had 144k when they were removed

• Lemforder ZHP HD Control Arms
  • Meyle HD FCAB
  • TMS Subframe Reinforcement kit
  • TMS Swaybars F/R & Adjustable Endlinks
  • 3.38 Open Diff
  • BMW Performance SSK
  • BB Gen 3 Headers
  • Eisenmann Race Exhaust
  • 3.5" Longtube CAI
  • 3.5" Conforti Eurosport Filter
  • Shark Injector
  • Stoptech Slotted Rotors
  • TMS SS Brakelines
  • ST Sport Pads
330Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 05:23 PM   #3
trizzuth

Quote:
Originally Posted by 330Cole View Post
I have some off of a 330ci, should fit the m54b25. Car had 144k when they were removed

Thanks man, checking out a few other options first that have less miles, this is not a job I want to do twice, like ever, unless it meant headers on my car and I wouldn't be the loudest car within 500 miles. Part numbers are identical between the 330s and 325s so either would work..

Old 10-03-2013, 08:42 AM   #4
CJW2OO4

My Ride: LANDSHARK
Send a message via AIM to CJW2OO4
stop being a puss and run cat less. See you Sunday biznatch. Are you a brooklyn fan? Rondoland

BECAUSE STANCE CRAP

Last edited by CJW2OO4; 10-03-2013 at 08:43 AM.
CJW2OO4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 03:58 PM   #5
trizzuth

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJW2OO4 View Post
stop being a puss and run cat less. See you Sunday biznatch. Are you a brooklyn fan? Rondoland
HAAA, not going this year.

Brooklyn fan? You should see what's on my desk at work right now, might make you cry, but it involves Pierce and KG, but not Rondo, take a guess?

F Danny Ainge, F'n bitch. He's the root of all evil!
Old 10-04-2013, 08:10 AM   #6
CJW2OO4

Quote:
Originally Posted by trizzuth View Post
HAAA, not going this year.

Brooklyn fan? You should see what's on my desk at work right now, might make you cry, but it involves Pierce and KG, but not Rondo, take a guess?

F Danny Ainge, F'n bitch. He's the root of all evil!
WTF! you better be at bav auto I need me some uuc tse3

BECAUSE STANCE CRAP
Old 10-04-2013, 08:20 PM   #7
trizzuth

Quote:
WTF! you better be at bav auto I need me some uuc tse3
Hhah, I can provide sound clips if you want, I have the perfect spot. You probably know the spot because of your parents, but I go this route all the time for meetings for work. 95 north, get off at rt 109 west towards Dedham and Westwood, maaaaaaad long concrete barrier after the stop sign to merge onto 109. Rear drivers side windows down, sunny day, 2nd gear and the TSE3 at WOT and I have wet pants right before my meeting.

Old 10-07-2013, 08:09 AM   #8
CJW2OO4

I almost bought a steel gray 325i. But had to pass on it once I drove it there were to many concerns with some oil leak and drivers side suspension noise.

BECAUSE STANCE CRAP
Old 10-07-2013, 08:30 AM   #9
trizzuth

Quote:
I almost bought a steel gray 325i. But had to pass on it once I drove it there were to many concerns with some oil leak and drivers side suspension noise.
nothing a lil new oil filter housing gasket/valve cover gasket/oil pan gasket/vanos oil line/oil cap gasket and a new front control arm bushing won't fix!
Old 10-09-2013, 08:37 AM   #10
cak323i
Modded ///Member

My Ride: ///M3 & 330i ZHP
Mike,

I have spare exhaust manifolds w/ cats but I'm sure they won't work on your car....
2004 TiAg ///M l OEM CSL interior door panels l OEM CSL bootlid l Scorza CSL center console | Navigation | LCM s/w 4.5 triple blink | OEM black interior retrofit | BC Racing BR Coilovers l BMW Performance Carbon Fiber strut bar & Short Shift Kit l Gruppe M carbon kevlar CAI l BMW iPod Integration l Alu Tech interior Trim l Lit F10 ///M5 Shift Knob l Umnitza Orion V4 A/E's l Status Gruppe one piece cf CSL lip | BBS CH & ARC-8 wheel sets

Last edited by cak323i; 10-09-2013 at 08:37 AM.
cak323i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 05:56 PM   #11
trizzuth

Quote:
Originally Posted by cak323i View Post
Mike,

I have spare exhaust manifolds w/ cats but I'm sure they won't work on your car....
And I have a spare exhaust hanging in my garage but it is way too powerful for your 330i

Old 10-10-2013, 04:25 PM   #12
cak323i
Modded ///Member

My Ride: ///M3 & 330i ZHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by trizzuth View Post
And I have a spare exhaust hanging in my garage but it is way too powerful for your 330i

I bet!
2004 TiAg ///M l OEM CSL interior door panels l OEM CSL bootlid l Scorza CSL center console | Navigation | LCM s/w 4.5 triple blink | OEM black interior retrofit | BC Racing BR Coilovers l BMW Performance Carbon Fiber strut bar & Short Shift Kit l Gruppe M carbon kevlar CAI l BMW iPod Integration l Alu Tech interior Trim l Lit F10 ///M5 Shift Knob l Umnitza Orion V4 A/E's l Status Gruppe one piece cf CSL lip | BBS CH & ARC-8 wheel sets
cak323i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 07:18 AM   #13
trizzuth

Picked up a set from a local fanatic in Wareham over the weekend. Got to see his amazing 330ci with custom rear fenders and new quad exhaust sittin on BBSs and she was gorgeous! Just ordered all the other parts I need to swap the wife's cats from Inskip, picking that crap up probs later this week and will try to get the time to dig in and do this job before it REALLY gets cold.
Old 10-16-2013, 09:56 PM   #14
ari00

My Ride: 04 330ci
Thanks for the compliments Mike! Was a pleasure to meet you and wish I had more time to chat. Good luck with the install...let me know how the manifolds work out!
Old 10-23-2013, 01:43 PM   #15
trizzuth

Gathered all the parts I need to tackle this job, and then figured I'd go under my car the other day to check the condition of the non-$20, non-inconel Lowe's bolts I had slapped on there like 2 years ago. To my surprise, there was even more rust, and the gasket started flaking out when I chipped at it with my finger. I figured WTF, I might as well use the gaskets I had for the wife's car and replace them on mine since I had extra grade 8 bolts for the flange anyway and had planned on replacing them. So I went at it, surprisingly, even though the older bolts were rusted badly, I got all of them off with an open ended wrench and socket combo, gaskets were just SHOT. My newer UUC front section looked immaculate! I wish the flange on the OE manifolds were stainless like the UUC one, it just looks like it came right from the factory. Also noticed that the heat shield on the manifold gasket on my car is popped at a few of the rivets so you can literally lift it with your finger and it bangs back down. Must be held on by a few rivets still thankfully, the gaskets are sealed though as I took a movie with my friend's phone way down in there and could see the rivets popped which leads to the occasional clanging. My manifold flange is so f'd up on one side though from way back when I originally installed my TSE3 and had to drill out those bolt/studs. The lower most hole almost has a chunk missing on the outside, but it still has just enough for the bolts to really grab tight. I may not have too much longer with that flange though. Ug. Exhaust sounds amazing once again though and no more small spitting noise coming from under the car when I open the driver's side door. Then I Klassed the b*tch. She's loving me right now. Going to get some new gaskets for wifes car and tackle that job before it gets too cold. UG.
Old 11-02-2013, 12:41 AM   #16
ToMuchFun
Banned User

My Ride: E46 325i

I have the heat shields and gaskets if you need them. OEM parts

ToMuchFun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 03:36 PM   #17
trizzuth

Job done! Old cats were completely shattered inside. No clue why.

At least the ones I got from Ari are working nicely now and no codes, KNOCK ON WOOD!