E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum

Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum
Have all your A/V and electronics questions answered here. Ipods, A/V, Radar Detectors Oh My!
Sponsored by Bavarian Soundwerks

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 192 votes, 4.98 average. Display Modes
Old 09-27-2013, 10:41 PM   #781
Pinned

My Ride: RSTi, M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by halo0 View Post
Maybe there aren't as many problems or people have learned to accept the existing ones

Personally I'm waiting on AVIN. But it's a wait I fear may never end.

Tommy?
Looks like it's available? http://avinusa.com/bmw-e46-full-andr...on-system.html
Pinned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 09:13 PM   #782
halo0

My Ride: '02 330i 5mt
Da fuq?!?

lol, I've been checking every couple weeks and emailing him every month for MONTHS and then I post that **** up in here and boom, the site it live. Figures.

^Click, stop by and say hi.^ ------ 5% off Redline leather
halo0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 04:11 PM   #783
stef77972

My Ride: 320d
I seen their quick video on youtube but i'm looking for feedback from people who already have this unit which look very good.
Is this unit is better than a dynavin?enco?erisin? eonon?
What's your feeling about this unit?
stef77972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 04:36 PM   #784
tcfuk

My Ride: Rover 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by stef77972 View Post
I seen their quick video on youtube but i'm looking for feedback from people who already have this unit which look very good.
I have about 8 different head units in my MRG over the last 7 years of ownership and the MGR Android unit is the best type I have had and Dyna (D95,D99 & D95+) & Eonon unit (I can not remember which model I had as it was one of the 1st units I brought for the MGR

Last edited by tcfuk; 10-05-2013 at 05:55 AM.
tcfuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 04:52 PM   #785
stef77972

My Ride: 320d
Thank you for your answer
I have tested dynavin and enco b046 and I think this is the same kind of poor products.
Why do you think this unit is better?
According to you 900$ is a fair price? (considering the price of dynavin because according to me even if this unit is really good it's expensive)
stef77972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 01:42 AM   #786
tcfuk

My Ride: Rover 75
Quote:
Thank you for your answer
I have tested dynavin and enco b046 and I think this is the same kind of poor products.
Why do you think this unit is better?
According to you 900$ is a fair price? (considering the price of dynavin because according to me even if this unit is really good it's expensive)
With the ability of MirrorLink the MGR and now the E46head unit will never be out dated, it can be as up to date as your cell phone is, what other unit offers this?

I do not know of another head unit that has the options that the MGR head unit offers, I had the Dyna D99+ with the Dyna DVB-T unit and a separate crash cam now I have the ability to control everything from the touch screen and all from one unit.

At the end of the day you get what you pay for if you think the MGR and E46 unit is expensive then fine, no one if forcing you into purchasing it, it is down to the individual and what he wants from the head unit.

I think for the purchase price on the MGR & E46 unit it's a great unit.

Last edited by tcfuk; 10-05-2013 at 06:02 AM.
tcfuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 10:56 AM   #787
tommy@avinusa.com
AKA: M3Evolution

My Ride: 2003 M3 SMG
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinned View Post
Hi guys its me M3Evolution. This is my new username I will be using now. Out of respect for the forum I held back from posting until my full sponsor account was activated. I am proud to say that I am now a full supporting sponsor of E46Fanatics!

Yes the new ///AVIN unit is now available and shipping.

I started a new thread with more information here
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?p=15815238

I know its been a while since I have posted here but I have continued almost on a daily basis to support the ROM via email. I will continue to support the ROM so if anyone needs help with it shoot me an email.
tommy@avinusa.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 03:56 AM   #788
tommy@avinusa.com

$100 OFF the new ///AVIN Avant-2 Android 4.1.1 w/ Dual Core CPU & Capacitive TouchScreen

There is currently a discount towards a new ///AVIN Avant-2 Android 4.1.1 w/ Dual Core CPU & Capacitive TouchScreen for those that have generously donated before for my custom M3Evolution Dynavin Android ROM. If you have donated for the M3Evolution ROM before 03/20/2014 you will qualify for the $100 off the new ///AVIN Avant-2 BMW E46.
Old 03-30-2014, 08:57 AM   #789
Axel-

My Ride: Audi S4 Avant
I will totally buy this unit if one is made for the audi a4/s4 (b6/b7). Any plans or is the audi market too small?
Axel- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 07:41 PM   #790
iWeldonJ

My Ride: 325Ci
Good deal

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Old 03-30-2014, 10:36 PM   #791
SKR7

My Ride: E46 MY04.5 SMG M3
Quote:
Can't comment on the alternatives. Its a great unit. Very simple to use. Slightly larger screen than the oem and it fits flush and looks like it was designed specifically for the slot, which it was.

My only gripe, and its not significant, is the signal to noise ratio. I don't expect the Avin is better than the Dynavin in this regard, nor vice versa. However the background hiss is very old school and should not happen in this day and age.
Old 03-30-2014, 10:46 PM   #792
lilmenace91
OEM ///Member

My Ride: hookedup CIVIC Si
Send a message via AIM to lilmenace91
i tried installing the evo rom but my sd car doesnt get recognized. anyone know whats going on ? i formated it and thought i followed the read me file pretty well..

im working off a macbook pro osx mountain lion btw. if anyone can throw some help his way. ive been stuck on the dynavin rom that it comes outta the box. ARGGGG!!

-------------------------------------------------------
E46 330Ci 2004
sports pkg
cold weather pkg
window tints 35% all around
dynavin w/ android

^^^^^ this is upsetting i need more to add to the list.
lilmenace91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 05:05 PM   #793
jakobitto

My Ride: VW PASSAT 3C
anyone having imei problem or having the solution???i lost my imei and i need them to use my applications favorite.
jakobitto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 04:07 PM   #794
Patton323I

My Ride: R1100GS E46 E53
How do I get a hold of this custom rom for the Dynavin? I have a D99 with Android in my E46. Willing to pay.
Old 06-11-2014, 10:33 PM   #795
tommy@avinusa.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patton323I View Post
How do I get a hold of this custom rom for the Dynavin? I have a D99 with Android in my E46. Willing to pay.
Hi these are still available at the link below.

http://m3evolution.webs.com/