E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Health & Fitness

Health & Fitness
Discuss any topics related to heath and fitness here.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-28-2013, 08:14 AM   #41
DylloS

My Ride: nothing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torok.Designs View Post
Will do tomorrow when I can post pictures.

Yea you can freeze it if you don't use ingredients like eggs. I also had to get a flour that is edible raw. If that makes sense that flour is raw haha.
Interesting that a recipe like this would call for flour since flour is so hated on by the fitness community. Can you share the recipe?
DylloS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 08:58 AM   #42
Torok.Designs

My Ride: E46 Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by DylloS View Post
Interesting that a recipe like this would call for flour since flour is so hated on by the fitness community. Can you share the recipe?
Yea it is

cup vanilla whey (that was about two scoops of protein) mixed with cup of flour that can be eaten raw (coconut/almond flour are options).

Mix powder with cup milk (or until it makes a dough that is shapeable). I used almond milk. And I had to use more than cup.

Shape the batter into bars. I suggest not going too big. That's the problem with mine. There's too much batter compared to chocolate and coconut flakes.

After you shape the bars you can slightly cook coconut flakes in a pan. Melt dark chocolate.

Add coconut flakes and chocolate to the bars.

Put in freezer for at least 30 minutes.

Do you see any reason why I shouldn't continue to make these?

Want To Buy:
M3 Side Skirts - Mtech II Rear Bumper Trim

For Sale:
Nankang Ns-ii 245/35/19 - Nankang Ns-ii 225/35/18 - Mtech II Front Bumper - Titanium Burnt Exhaust Tips - Raceland Adjustable Coils - GTR Hood

Insta
@domgrillo
Torok.Designs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 10:35 AM   #43
DylloS

Quote:
Yea it is

cup vanilla whey (that was about two scoops of protein) mixed with cup of flour that can be eaten raw (coconut/almond flour are options).

Mix powder with cup milk (or until it makes a dough that is shapeable). I used almond milk. And I had to use more than cup.

Shape the batter into bars. I suggest not going too big. That's the problem with mine. There's too much batter compared to chocolate and coconut flakes.

After you shape the bars you can slightly cook coconut flakes in a pan. Melt dark chocolate.

Add coconut flakes and chocolate to the bars.

Put in freezer for at least 30 minutes.

Do you see any reason why I shouldn't continue to make these?
How many bars does it make. I'm sure it's a decent snack but at what 50g for a whole recipe I don't see them being that good of a protein filled snack.
Old 10-28-2013, 10:52 AM   #44
Torok.Designs

I made two bars, which are too big. I'll probably make them into 4 bars next time. So around 12.5g of protein per bar. If ya'll know a better diy protein bar then let me know

Want To Buy:

For Sale:
Nankang Ns-ii 245/35/19 - Nankang Ns-ii 225/35/18 - Mtech II Front Bumper - Titanium Burnt Exhaust Tips - Raceland Adjustable Coils - GTR Hood

Insta
@domgrillo
Old 11-10-2013, 04:40 PM   #45
Torok.Designs

I've been slacking bad. We had a bunch of swim meets this past week and I haven't been able to work out or go to practice. Gotta get back into it this monday!

Want To Buy:

For Sale:

Insta
@domgrillo
Old 11-10-2013, 05:01 PM   #46
dwass325

My Ride: CTA
Send a message via AIM to dwass325
Quote:
haha this is Dom on a new account.

But again my stats are: 6' 0'' 195-200lbs 21 years old.

As for rest days I believe in CT Fletcher's idea that there is no such thing as overtraining. Kind of... But seriously I think that between workouts is enough rest for me. It might not be optimum and might be stupid for a pro bodybuilder, but I'm just doing this for a hobby and aesthetics. I think I'll be fine. If I find that I'm too tired or feel like I'm overtraining then I'll add more rest.

I'll take my starting progress picture soon.

I want to get a lot more muscle but also a six pack.
Hi, I'm just here to say the underlined is wrong and CT Fletcher's statements are literally the dumbest thing to ever be said in the fitness community. Please, if you really do believe this, do a bit of reading on how hormones and rest work in the body so that you can understand the ignorance of CT's statements.

He is a caricature. He only exists for entertainment and to further his YouTube career so that he can get paychecks like the guy on Epic Meal Time. He is to fitness what Epic Meal Time is to fine dining.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacques chirac View Post
I don't see what is ridiculous by robbing with a sword.A sword in one od the most lethal wepon !!!

It's more easy to kill with a sword than with a gun.

A sword is more frightening than toy-looking gun like glock.

robbing with a sword is a good thing
dwass325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 05:04 PM   #47
Torok.Designs

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwass325 View Post
Hi, I'm just here to say the underlined is wrong and CT Fletcher's statements are literally the dumbest thing to ever be said in the fitness community. Please, if you really do believe this, do a bit of reading on how hormones and rest work in the body so that you can understand the ignorance of CT's statements.

He is a caricature. He only exists for entertainment and to further his YouTube career so that he can get paychecks like the guy on Epic Meal Time. He is to fitness what Epic Meal Time is to fine dining.
lol I was being sarcastic hence the "kind of".

Want To Buy:

For Sale:

Insta
@domgrillo
Old 11-11-2013, 09:21 AM   #48
DylloS

Quote:

I think if you take what CT says and really think about it it comes down to this. Work harder. That's it. Most people i've ever seen look like nothing compared to what the people in his gym are doing in terms of intensity. I love the guy because he hypes me up but I'm not going to sit there and work out with that intensity every day.
Old 11-11-2013, 05:34 PM   #49
dwass325

- My Progress -

Quote:
I think if you take what CT says and really think about it it comes down to this. Work harder. That's it. Most people i've ever seen look like nothing compared to what the people in his gym are doing in terms of intensity. I love the guy because he hypes me up but I'm not going to sit there and work out with that intensity every day.
If you take his ignorant yelling and get hyped up like you're listening to Metallica, great. But it's worth noting that what he says can have legitimate negative health impacts.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

Quote:
I don't see what is ridiculous by robbing with a sword.A sword in one od the most lethal wepon !!!

Old 11-11-2013, 06:39 PM   #50
DylloS

- My Progress -

Quote:
If you take his ignorant yelling and get hyped up like you're listening to Metallica, great. But it's worth noting that what he says can have legitimate negative health impacts.

Any specifics. Maybe I'm not picking up on all them because I am a little more knowledgable now. I typically just watch him hyping people up. I do know he thinks over training and sacrificing form is ok though because he's big. Typical gym bro sh1t in that sense. People will listen to him doing half reps than be going through the full rom simply based on the way he looks.

Old 11-11-2013, 08:01 PM   #51
dwass325

- My Progress -

Quote:
Any specifics. Maybe I'm not picking up on all them because I am a little more knowledgable now. I typically just watch him hyping people up. I do know he thinks over training and sacrificing form is ok though because he's big. Typical gym bro sh1t in that sense. People will listen to him doing half reps than be going through the full rom simply based on the way he looks.

No matter what some ignorant convict with a YouTube channel says, it does negate the fact that prolonged overtraining can go as far as to ruin a man's hormone production.

If someone wants to push far in a few training sessions, okay. To suggest that that's a training style that can be maintained is reckless.

Some of the links below can be countered with "there's only under-nutrition and under-rest!" but those of is not on lockdown in a cell all day and who have jobs have real potential of overtraining into a medical condition.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/8584849/

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed...584849/related

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed...584849/related

Quote:

Old 11-11-2013, 08:03 PM   #52
DylloS

- My Progress -

Gotcha. Was he definitely in jail. He talks about other people on jail but never heard of him being locked up.

Old 11-11-2013, 08:19 PM   #53
Trashcan

My Ride: 2002 330ci
Re: - My Progress -

I wouldn't be surprised if he did a couple months but really wouldn't be surprised if he didn't. Honestly though i doubt he did any real amount of time. It's probably a persona for YouTube views

Last edited by Trashcan; 11-11-2013 at 08:19 PM.
Trashcan is offline   Reply With Quote